Let's Play Fallout: New Vegas [The Servant]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 37 NEXT

Well if it's okay with AlternatePFG I'll add a log for my character and play through.

Luxatrum:
Well if it's okay with AlternatePFG I'll add a log for my character and play through.

Sure, why not. Make sure to spoil your posts though, for page length purposes.

That's wonderful Luxatram :)

And now, here's another episode of my Let's Play (with some action!)

I agree on the you shouldn't have a perk every level thing.

Ryan Kerr:

Yeah, there are levels in Fallout 3 where you pretty much have to put points into Intense Training in order to not waste that perk. In the old Fallout games, you got a perk every 3 levels, and I thought it was pretty hard choosing between them usually because they were so rare but to be fair, there weren't that many perks in those games.

Urgh Anchorage...I'm replaying it at the moment mainly for the power armor training and the only fun to be had is choosing your team of soldiers then it's just dull dull dull.

War is helll
War is dull

AlternatePFG:

Ryan Kerr:

Yeah, there are levels in Fallout 3 where you pretty much have to put points into Intense Training in order to not waste that perk. In the old Fallout games, you got a perk every 3 levels, and I thought it was pretty hard choosing between them usually because they were so rare but to be fair, there weren't that many perks in those games.

I think New Vegas does it best with the perk rate being every two levels. I liked how in the old ones you could hold on to the perk point for a couple of levels but it was annoying that you could lose it if it wasn't used before next level that gives you a perk.

AlternatePFG:

Ryan Kerr:

Really? I never had that problem.

I had a rather rounded build (IE, No less than 6 in every stat after the bobbleheads) and I always found something I wanted. Well, at least until about level 26 or so.

I didn't like the whole "every other level" thing wiht perks with New Vegas.

AlternatePFG:
Alright, a question related to Operation Anchorage: Did the constant, unending combat annoy you?

I actually liked it. >_>
Made me realize how fun Big Guns are(Minigun, Missle Launcher, etc). So... I more liked it for the fact that it showed me how Big Guns are fun.

CM156:
Really? I never had that problem.

I had a rather rounded build (IE, No less than 6 in every stat after the bobbleheads) and I always found something I wanted. Well, at least until about level 26 or so.

I didn't like the whole "every other level" thing wiht perks with New Vegas.

The problem I had with F3's perks was that the majority of them were just skill increases, which added to the already easy task of maxing everything. Plus the fact that you could choose a perk every level made it eveneasier to choose, compared to in New Vegas where I felt like I had to choose more carefully.

None of the perks felt interesting except for a couple, the rest were all either skill inreases, SPECIAL increases, or were karma related.

Chapter XXIV - Is It Over Yet?

Fallout 3 question: What do you think of the Gauss Rifle?

AlternatePFG:

I never really used it outside the simulation, TBH. I didn't really need to. I could kill practically anything with the weapons I already had, and it was extra weight.

Hello everyone, time for another episode of Dr. Horrible's video Let's Play.

AlternatePFG:

It's pretty fun, but I never used it that much.

sorry, double post

I've never used the Gauss Rifle, neither in Fallout 3 nor New Vegas. But I might soon. I've been trying to decide what my next New Vegas character will specialize in. It's going to either be Explosive or Energy weapons, perhaps with some unarmed on the side. My last character specialized foremost in all of the social skills, so I'm going to make my next one a low Intelligence one with more options for combat.

On the topic of the Let's Play: it seems like you need to turn up the difficulty some. If Tesla armoured Enclave soldiers and tanks are trivial, then you have to be feeling pretty overpowered. But I guess you're not in it this time for the challenge.

Ezekiel
S. 6
P. 5
E. 5
C. 5
I. 9
A. 5
L. 5
Tag!: Explosions, Science, Medicine

A New Dead World

A short one for now I'll have another one up maybe tomorrow.

Luxatrum:
Ezekiel
S. 7
P. 4
E. 5
C. 5
A. 9
L. 5
Tag!: Explosions, Science, Medicine

SPECAL. You're missing an "I" in there, if I'm not mistaken, dear reader.

Yes I did whoops. Also noticed I made a mistake for strength it was a point to high.

AlternatePFG:

I mean Mothership Zeta sucked, and did horrible things to the Fallout universe, but at the very least it was somewhat interesting. This? This is tedium incarnate.

Personally I thought MZ was worse;

screwing up the story is worse than having bad gameplay to me, and MZ screwed up the story and had bad gameplay. At least OA didn't screw up the story considering that up until it was released we didn't have any real details on the Reclamation.

Still don't quite get how the Gauss Rifle works though.

It was a while back but I remember J. E. Sawyer explaining how it worked on his Formspring.

Heh, J. E. Sawyer knows more about...screw it I'm not even going to bother.

Yeah I liked it, had a nice design, it was powerful, and after doing this DLC it became one of my main weapons.

In New Vegas, however, it's a bit more difficult to obtain so I rarely use it.

Hello everyone, here we have a special 2-episode update of my Fallout 3 Let's Play (I got a lot of footage).

Captcha: Used nexoll. "hey, shopkeeper! this nexoll is used!"

I apologize for the lack of update today, as I had a dentist appointment and some other things to do, so I was gone most of the afternoon. Tomorrow I will have the update intended for today and a Lily's Log up as well.

On the bright side, here's a video I found while browsing the Fallout wiki, it's a few months old though, you might have seen it before:

It's pretty dang cool, too bad the guy couldn't make it wearable though.

Again, sorry for no update.

AlternatePFG:
I apologize for the lack of update today, as I had a dentist appointment and some other things to do, so I was gone most of the afternoon. Tomorrow I will have the update intended for today and a Lily's Log up as well.

On the bright side, here's a video I found while browsing the Fallout wiki, it's a few months old though, you might have seen it before:

No worries man, you've stayed amazingly on task for this long that missing a single day is trivial.

I Am the Only Sane Man After the Bombs Fell

Perks Taken: Intense Training(brought my agility to 5), Daddy's Boy
Bobble heads: Strength

Ugh a giant radscorpion spawned this early in the game. If it wasn't for the retard AI I would have died already.

AlternatePFG:

Strange coincidence, just today I met a guy on campus who had designed a pip-boy mount for his smart phone.

Holy shit, the new Lonesome Road trailer looks awesome. Certainly looking forward to that, I just need to progress further in my current New Vegas playthrough so I can do all the DLC beforehand.

Chapter XXV - "We Apologize for Operation Anchorage, Here's Some Loot"

So, what did you guys personally think about Operation Anchorage?

Also, so it's decision time on where to go next in the LP, what sidequests do we do? Should we get that cache of weapons at Hamilton's Hideaway?

I'm all for Hamilton's Hideaway, followed by Oasis, I love Oasis.

As for the DLC, I hated it. It was boring, linear and the electric blue tint to everything was just painful on the eyes.

Man, Operation Anchorage really adds nothing to the story. That's such an odd thing to see after playing all the New Vegas DLC so far. The Pitt added a good bit by giving us more insight into the slave trade and "the cure", but this? It just tells you that the Brotherhood Outcasts want loot. Yippee. I can't blame your lack of fondness for this content.

For next time: Any side stuff you can do with a good story to it? Do you really want to go from one loot grab to another?

DustyDrB:
For next time: Any side stuff you can do with a good story to it? Do you really want to go from one loot grab to another?

Yeah, there's a few sidequests with a decent amount of dialogue to them. As for "good" story, I dunno. Some of it gets pretty silly, which feels really out of place with this game. There are some locations that do environmental storytelling really well in this game though. I just want to get Hamilton's Hideaway out of the way first, it's at least a somewhat interesting location anyways.

Berenzen:
I'm all for Hamilton's Hideaway, followed by Oasis, I love Oasis.

Yeah, I think Oasis would be a good place to check out.

AlternatePFG:
So, what did you guys personally think about Operation Anchorage?

Again, using the Busy Street scale, I give it a -1.5 or maybe a -2. It tried to be a military FPS but failed at it. Fallout, which for me involved more conservative use of ammo, didn't fit well with running and gunning.

AlternatePFG:

Also, so it's decision time on where to go next in the LP, what sidequests do we do? Should we get that cache of weapons at Hamilton's Hideaway?

Have you done anything for the wasteland surivial guide? It might be worth doing.

Okay, time for that Lily's Log I promised.

Lily's Log - Operation Anchorage

The next update will probably be about Hamilton's Hideaway and heading towards whatever side quest I feel like doing next.

Since you're planning on going to Hamilton's Hideaway, why not do the Blood Ties quest? I remember the family being an interesting bunch.

Luxatrum:
Since you're planning on going to Hamilton's Hideaway, why not do the Blood Ties quest? I remember the family being an interesting bunch.

We're already set for Oasis, but I wanted to do Blood Ties after that for sure.

Hey everyone, sorry for the delayed update; it's been a busy day.

Operation: Anchorage was horrible, not as horrible as Mothership Zeta..but still pretty horrible.

So you're going to Oasis next?

Well in that case I'm skipping your next updates because I don't want to see Bethesda destroy a beloved character.

AlternatePFG:

Luxatrum:

We're already set for Oasis, but I wanted to do Blood Ties after that for sure.

I just thought of something: Don't you have a limited time to do "Trouble on the Homefront"?

ChupathingyX:
Operation: Anchorage was horrible, not as horrible as Mothership Zeta..but still pretty horrible.

So you're going to Oasis next?

Well in that case I'm skipping your next updates because I don't want to see Bethesda destroy a beloved character.

Ouch. Care to explain?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 37 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked