Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 24 NEXT

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

I don't think I'll be doing Mirage island, to be honest. Nor do I know if I'll be catching Rayquaza. But I will keep both in mind.

Oka. I just dont really know how much you would do in pacificlog, but since this is a Lets Play you should go there. Just as a kinda cause.

I'm going to guess you were referencing Johny Extreme form X-play,but I'm probably wrong.

As for best side kick Brosuke from P4 becasue as homophobic as he can be he has your back through and through.Junpei is a close second if only for trying to beat up Keisuke from the Fortune.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

I don't think I'll be doing Mirage island, to be honest. Nor do I know if I'll be catching Rayquaza. But I will keep both in mind.

Oka. I just dont really know how much you would do in pacificlog, but since this is a Lets Play you should go there. Just as a kinda cause.

I plan to cover the entire game, Pacificlog or however you spell it, included.

UncleUlty:
I'm going to guess you were referencing Johny Extreme form X-play,but I'm probably wrong.

As for best side kick Brosuke from P4 becasue as homophobic as he can be he has your back through and through.Junpei is a close second if only for trying to beat up Keisuke from the Fortune.

Sadly, that is wrong. If you want to know, google "zap to the extreme" and you'll get your answer.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 16: In which we steal fruit

By the way, the "Zap to the Extreme" line from the last update is a reference to Sonichu. The more you know

Question: In any of the pokemon games, have you ever "Caught em all"? I never actually have. I got close in Silver, but I gave up because of how many people I'd have to trade with. You guys?

Oh, and we'll need a name for a Kecleon. "Kennedy" is my idea, named after this fellow, who's the swing vote on the Supreme Court. He wrote the opinion for Lawrence v. Texas but also swung to the right on Heller and McDonald

No I never have becasue I have no friends to trade with :(, just kidding I totally have friends like 12 hundred of them and everyone of them have ponies that surf.We ride jet packs,go clubbing,build time traveling Hondas,and trade Pokemon.[/sarcasm]

In reality I never had the drive to do so. Also Kennedy is a good name.

I'm getting pretty close in Pokemon Black with 640/649 just nine more to go. I own at least 595 of them. That Poke transfer and Pal Park are a god Send.

I'm missing Mew, Chikorita, Bayleaf Meganium, Suicune (Who've I've already caught in Heartgold, Mellota, Genosect and Keldeo the last three are event Pokemon which I'm still waiting for.

UncleUlty:

Thank you. I just want to make it clear that I'm naming it after the Supreme Court guy, not the president or the senator.

knight of some random number:
I'm getting pretty close in Pokemon Black with 640/649 just nine more to go. I own at least 595 of them. That Poke transfer and Pal Park are a god Send.

I'm missing Mew, Chikorita, Bayleaf Meganium, Suicune (Who've I've already caught in Heartgold, Mellota, Genosect and Keldeo the last three are event Pokemon which I'm still waiting for.

That's pretty close. But yeah. The transfer and Pal Park are amazing. They make it easy to get what you need to get it done.

CM156:

UncleUlty:

Thank you. I just want to make it clear that I'm naming it after the Supreme Court guy, not the president or the senator.

Yeah I looked at your link and that's why I like the name.

CM156:

Off topic question time: I actually have two

Firstly, how many people got the reference in the title?

Secondly (And more importantly), who is your favorite video game side-kick/companion? From any game? For me, it would be Sand, from Neverwinter Nights 2. He's so sarcastic, and he resonates well with me. He's a lawyer, who's also a wizard. He's also Lawful Neutral, which is a good alignment and one I get along with secondly best (The first being Lawful Good)

there are a few, but I generally like the sacastic/intelligent/ slightly dickish companions such as: Morrigan from dragon age, Joshua from The World Ends With You, Soren from Fire emblem: Path of Radiance, Arcade gannon from Fallout: New Vegas, etc.

CM156:

Question: In any of the pokemon games, have you ever "Caught em all"? I never actually have. I got close in Silver, but I gave up because of how many people I'd have to trade with. You guys?

Oh, and we'll need a name for a Kecleon. "Kennedy" is my idea, named after this fellow, who's the swing vote on the Supreme Court. He wrote the opinion for Lawrence v. Texas but also swung to the right on Heller and McDonald

I tried once, but realized that I would be a massive undertaking with little reward.

as for the name, how bout "OctoCamo" (from MGS4)?

UncleUlty:

CM156:

UncleUlty:

Yeah I looked at your link and that's why I like the name.

Kennedy is a pretty cool guy. I agree with a good number of his opinions, usually when he joins the majority with Scalia and/or Roberts.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

Off topic question time: I actually have two

Firstly, how many people got the reference in the title?

Secondly (And more importantly), who is your favorite video game side-kick/companion? From any game? For me, it would be Sand, from Neverwinter Nights 2. He's so sarcastic, and he resonates well with me. He's a lawyer, who's also a wizard. He's also Lawful Neutral, which is a good alignment and one I get along with secondly best (The first being Lawful Good)

there are a few, but I generally like the sacastic/intelligent/ slightly dickish companions such as: Morrigan from dragon age, Joshua from The World Ends With You, Soren from Fire emblem: Path of Radiance, Arcade gannon from Fallout: New Vegas, etc.

CM156:

I tried once, but realized that I would be a massive undertaking with little reward.

as for the name, how bout "OctoCamo" (from MGS4)?

I kinda disliked Morrigan, to be honest with you. She was just rather snippy, and she hated it when I helped people. And since I was playing Goody-two-shoes type characters, I ditched her as soon as I could, but still kept her in the camp.

Who is "OctoCamo" or what is is?

CM156:

I kinda disliked Morrigan, to be honest with you. She was just rather snippy, and she hated it when I helped people. And since I was playing Goody-two-shoes type characters, I ditched her as soon as I could, but still kept her in the camp.

It's from Metal Gear Solid 4. Its camouflage that works much like how a chameleon works.

In all honesty, goody, by-the-books characters bore me. I prefer insufferable genius-types more than most people do.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

It's from Metal Gear Solid 4. Its camouflage that works much like how a chameleon works.

In all honesty, goody, by-the-books characters bore me. I prefer insufferable genius-types more than most people do.

I see.

I like evil genus characters too, don't get me wrong. It's just that I didn't think Morgan was one. She was Neutral Evil with Chaotic Evil leanings. And she really came off as dim, impulsive, reclusive, and childish. One of Many was a good example of evil genus. It wasn't smart, but it was willing to go along if it meant a chance to eat souls.

I collected them all in crystal (from both gens). Then I got bored, so I decided I'd collect a shiny version of each. This was before i started keep my list, but I caught... 62(?)/251.

What did you name the castform, and lets hope the kennedy curse doesnt follow your kechleon.

emeraldrafael:
I collected them all in crystal (from both gens). Then I got bored, so I decided I'd collect a shiny version of each. This was before i started keep my list, but I caught... 62(?)/251.

What did you name the castform, and lets hope the kennedy curse doesnt follow your kechleon.

That's pretty ambitious. I gotta give you credit there.

They didn't let me name castform for some reason.

I think Anthony Kennedy is unrelated to the other Kennedys, mainly because he's somewhat right winged.

I have never once caught them all for two reasons, 1) during the R/B/Y-to-R/S/E never had a link cable. 2) during the DP to BW didn't have a friend that still played pokemon.

sage42:
I have never once caught them all for two reasons, 1) during the R/B/Y-to-R/S/E never had a link cable. 2) during the DP to BW didn't have a friend that still played pokemon.

I see. One of the nice things about college is that I find a lot of people who still play pokemon.

OH well. Catching them all is for people with OCD. Which I am one, actually. But a more mild form of it.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I think Anthony Kennedy is unrelated to the other Kennedys, mainly because he's somewhat right winged.

eh, you get bored when you beat a game and routinely just trounce anyone who challenges you.

Kennedys have been all across the board. Im not saying he is related, just saying if he is, I hope that the curse doesnt follow him. Though this isnt a nuzlocke run, so its not like it will suffer an untimely death.

Oh, you should totally catch an absol!

And how is training that trapinch going?

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

eh, you get bored when you beat a game and routinely just trounce anyone who challenges you.

Kennedys have been all across the board. Im not saying he is related, just saying if he is, I hope that the curse doesnt follow him. Though this isnt a nuzlocke run, so its not like it will suffer an untimely death.

Oh, you should totally catch an absol!

And how is training that trapinch going?

I see.

Yeah. Let's hope not. My point was that I'm a legal student, so I've done a study on all the justices. Kennedy comes out high up on my respect-o-meter, because he's pragmatic.

I will catch an Absol. I'll be naming it after Ryan

Trapinch is going well. It's level 26 now, I think. Once I get the EXP share, I'll be grinding quite a bit. I have a good tactic for it, too.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

I see.

Yeah. Let's hope not. My point was that I'm a legal student, so I've done a study on all the justices. Kennedy comes out high up on my respect-o-meter, because he's pragmatic.

Trapinch is going well. It's level 26 now, I think. Once I get the EXP share, I'll be grinding quite a bit. I have a good tactic for it, too.

Cool, ryans a good guy to name a pokemon after, though I think its kinda funny your pokemon choice.

cool. I really want to see your trapinch become a viable party member. Partly for self gratification, partly because they're good pokemon, nd mostly cause they dont get the love they deserve once the option of a bagon is available.

and alright. he's a pretty good guy Ig uess. I dont know him personally, nor have I really read anyhting about him, but he seems like a decent dude.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

emeraldrafael:
snip

I see.

Cool, ryans a good guy to name a pokemon after, though I think its kinda funny your pokemon choice.

cool. I really want to see your trapinch become a viable party member. Partly for self gratification, partly because they're good pokemon, nd mostly cause they dont get the love they deserve once the option of a bagon is available.

and alright. he's a pretty good guy Ig uess. I dont know him personally, nor have I really read anyhting about him, but he seems like a decent dude.

Actually, I let him pick. I personally think he picked it because it looks somewhat like a pony.

I agree. They're good pokemon. They also undergo a RAPID change between stage 1 and stage 2 of the evolutionary change.

He has a few interesting opinions, and I haven't really read a major decision he wrote that I disagree with. The idea was that he flips on the issues as a swing judge, so making him be a Kecleon made a lot of sense. If I had to critique Kennedy, he doesn't have much interesting stuff to say during questioning. That, and I disagree with Gonzales v. Raich, though I have to hold Scalia to that too.

CM156:
Actually, I let him pick. I personally think he picked it because it looks somewhat like a pony.

Thats right, there arent any horse pokemon in this game. Well, oka. I just think its funny cause Absol is the Catastrophe pokemon, and Ryan is usually a pretty upbeat and uplifting kinda guy. complete difference of personalities.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

Thats right, there arent any horse pokemon in this game. Well, oka. I just think its funny cause Absol is the Catastrophe pokemon, and Ryan is usually a pretty upbeat and uplifting kinda guy. complete difference of personalities.

He is a pretty upbeat guy, yes. I didn't think about that.

But hey, sometimes opposite personalities makes for good humor. Who knows?

If any pokemon deserves a personality (well, besides the trapinch, cause, Come on :coolface:) it would be an absol ryan.

emeraldrafael:
If any pokemon deserves a personality (well, besides the trapinch, cause, Come on :coolface:) it would be an absol ryan.

To be honest, I don't think I'm at all good at writing that sort of thing. Like the Fallout LP thread, however, you're all more than welcome to write your own things.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

I see.

I like evil genus characters too, don't get me wrong. It's just that I didn't think Morgan was one. She was Neutral Evil with Chaotic Evil leanings. And she really came off as dim, impulsive, reclusive, and childish. One of Many was a good example of evil genus. It wasn't smart, but it was willing to go along if it meant a chance to eat souls.

By saying "sufferable genius", I was more referring to other characters on my list instead of Morrigan. What I liked about Morrigan was that she was acerbically sarcastic, but in a humorous way (She reminds me of one of my friends and my stepdad, both of whom are ruthlessly sacarastic and irreverent.)

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

To be honest, I don't think I'm at all good at writing that sort of thing. Like the Fallout LP thread, however, you're all more than welcome to write your own things.

When I read this, I though of the absol from nuzlocke comics who was "absoulja boy". He participated in his fair share of shadow ballin'.

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

I see.

By saying "sufferable genius", I was more referring to other characters on my list instead of Morrigan. What I liked about Morrigan was that she was acerbically sarcastic, but in a humorous way (She reminds me of one of my friends and my stepdad, both of whom are ruthlessly sacarastic and irreverent.)

Well, I like sarcasm with humor. For example, I joke around with my friends, but they know that I really do care about them. She was a bit too... mean spirited. Getting to call her a bitch and run off to my death was oddly satisfying as my mage.

CM156:

By the way, the "Zap to the Extreme" line from the last update is a reference to Sonichu. The more you know

I like the name Kennedy for Kecleon. As far as "catching them all" is concerned, I only ever did so in Pokemon Yellow. I was 7 years old and I was hoping for a Mew as a reward and all I got was a DAMN PIECE OF PAPER!! If it wasn't for the fact that I had Zelda I would have broken my Gameboy in a fit of rage.

StorytellingIsAMust:

CM156:

I like the name Kennedy for Kecleon. As far as "catching them all" is concerned, I only ever did so in Pokemon Yellow. I was 7 years old and I was hoping for a Mew as a reward and all I got was a DAMN PIECE OF PAPER!! If it wasn't for the fact that I had Zelda I would have broken my Gameboy in a fit of rage.

Yeah, that can be a bit frustrating. I was told by a friend that you got your game data wiped if you dared to catch them all, so I was afraid to even try.

CM156:

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

I see.

Well, I like sarcasm with humor. For example, I joke around with my friends, but they know that I really do care about them. She was a bit too... mean spirited. Getting to call her a bitch and run off to my death was oddly satisfying as my mage.

She can be abrasive, to say the least. I Guess Dickish characters don't piss me off as much.

Finally caught up! I was travelling since Christmas, so I'll try to answer all the questions I've missed:

I would've suggested for Magnemite's name Magnifico.
I enjoyed Pryce's gym the most, also. Even if it took me a few attempts to pass the last area.

The game I'm most pumped for is definitely Mass Effect 3. My badass renegade Shepard managed to recruit Legion and was able to resolve all teammate conflicts and I'll be damned if Bioware doesn't reward me for it.
No, I didn't know that reference was from Sonichu. A hybrid of Sonic and Pikachu perhaps?

I have 2 favorite companions: HK-47(KoTOR) and Ashley(Resident Evil 4)
HK-47 because he is just a funny, sarcastic, evil killing machine who announces his feelings before making a statement. Would love to play against him in Hold'em or MTG.
Ashley because she just stays out of the way, just as a useless companion should. Also, that costume you unlock for her.

I've caught them all in the first 2 gens, thanks to my younger brother. I didn't play any pokemon games after that until I got HG this past summer. I'm past the halfway point for catching them now.
I really have no ideas what to name Kecleon, so I'll just spout some names from characters who use camouflage. Reptile(MK), Arbiter(Halo), Spore Carrier Brute(New Vegas), etc.

FilipJPhry:
Finally caught up! I was travelling since Christmas, so I'll try to answer all the questions I've missed:

Hope you had a good Christmas!

No, I didn't know that reference was from Sonichu. A hybrid of Sonic and Pikachu perhaps?

Yes. But it's more. You can read all about it here. It's not gross (At least not most of it), but it's not for the faint of heart either.

I've caught them all in the first 2 gens, thanks to my younger brother.

Younger brothers are great. My brother and I get opposite versions. He's a pretty cool dude. In fact, the 7th of this month was/is (Depending on your time zone) his birthday.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 17: In which we catch a justice

Question time: Which Champion did you like the most? I'm a fan of Lance. He had a cape. And he seemed like a badass. That's all you can ask for, really.

CM156:
Besides, who'd want to name a pokemon "Anthony". That would just be silly.

<.<

>.>

Though seriously I cnt remember if you named a pokemon after me or not. I know i suggested a name.

As to champions, Cynthia. Her team provides the best challenge.

Dick douche faggot Gary wasnt as mch a challenge really if you got past his Alakazam.

Oh, and if i can make a suggestion, you should name your updates and maybe give a brief phrase explanation of what you're doing in it. I suggested it to Escapegoat in his nuzlocke and it made things so much easier to navigate if you wanted to read a certain update or reference something as the OP and someone could go back to it.

I dont know, just a suggestion.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:
Besides, who'd want to name a pokemon "Anthony". That would just be silly.

<.<

>.>

Though seriously I cnt remember if you named a pokemon after me or not. I know i suggested a name.

As to champions, Cynthia. Her team provides the best challenge.

Dick douche faggot Gary wasnt as mch a challenge really if you got past his Alakazam.

Oh, and if i can make a suggestion, you should name your updates and maybe give a brief phrase explanation of what you're doing in it. I suggested it to Escapegoat in his nuzlocke and it made things so much easier to navigate if you wanted to read a certain update or reference something as the OP and someone could go back to it.

I dont know, just a suggestion.

Trapinch, remember? And that was the joke.

Well, I do give a title, but sure. I'll take that into consideration.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked