Any Armored Core V Ravens out there?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if there is any Armored Core V players out there? I'm thinking of getting a team together and wanting to tackle out story missions and online conquest.

My Team is "404th Ravens" -- a call back to the old series, I'm no Lynx but a relic of the past, I role play somewhat I guess, especially due to the "self interpretation" of Armored Core.

I've played Armored Core since the first one come out, even down to the horrible mess that is Nine Breaker and Formula Front. S ranked everything in Nexus, Last Raven and 4 + FA, but this time I have to admit I am stumped with V... Its too multiplayer centric, and not a bad thing. In fact I want to take a shot at conquest, and get into the multiplayer component a lot more.

Problem is, despite how good Dark Souls is, sadly Armored Core remain a niche, a series probably only for fans and hence its hard to get players.

So yeah, I guess I'm recruiting members for my team. If you're interested I'll send you my Gamertag and we can do some sorties together.

I'm based on New Zealand (GMT+12), I generally play on the evenings around 5Pm - midnight.

I look forward to playing with you guys!! Hopefully you have been enjoying the game so far, I have to admit this one is surprisingly quite a personal take on the Armored Core series, and perhaps the most "role play-able" of the series.

Booyah! Brofist for being a fellow Raven!

Unfortunately I don't have the game, and wont be getting it for another month or so. Hope to see you on the battlefield though

Is the game out yet? I haven't pre-ordered it because I'm trying to save the pennies but it looks really good so I'll probably cave in and get it anyway.

I played AC4 and For Answer and enjoyed them a lot but there was barely anyone online to play with/against.

I'm actually part of the (HvN) Ravens, we took the abandoned facility sometime last night for a few hours and it was swell.

Personally I find that AC5 is the most accessable since it's my first AC game I bought and I find that I can do pretty well on it. Certainly alot better than I did playing Dark Souls. The quality of everything is amazing, from painting your mech to how you use it on the battlefield. Now that the servers are working a bit more correctly everything has just become so amazing and is just an awesome game to play.

Edit: Thinking about it, it's kind of weird how many different Raven related teamns there are out there. I think with us it makes some four different ones I know about. Wonder how that happened...

Eh, after the ME3 disapointment I'm kinda holding off on new games, maybe in a month or two.

The idea of being able to play an AC game with actual people sounds appealing! I was extremely disappointed by the lack of players when I tried AC4. I might just grab a copy of this one.

Sorry man, i'm already in a team.

I just got it today. Haven't played yet, and I'm too far out of your time zone, and the only other one I've played Nine Breaker, and thank you for saying Nine Breaker sucked because that makes me feel more confident about this.

I'll probably end up with a team purely of myself named The Herp Derp Herd.

erttheking:
Eh, after the ME3 disapointment I'm kinda holding off on new games, maybe in a month or two.

Letting one game determine your gaming experience....If you have even the slightest interest, at least rent the bugger

Jesse Billingsley:
Unfortunately I don't have the game, and wont be getting it for another month or so. Hope to see you on the battlefield though

/Brofist!!

Let me know if you are interested in teaming up and joining our team! :D hopefully our time difference is all goods.

OctalLord:
Snip

Ah, for me I only saw the team F34R mostly, I wonder if the world map conquest is truly global. One theory I have in mind for the reason being so many "Ravens" team out there is because of how the series is probably mostly familiar only with long time fans and Ravens are far more prominent as a term for an Armored Core pilot than Lynx (you only played as a Lynx in For Answer, AC4 still puts you as a Raven and then theres Formula Front where you are an architect...)

Palademon:
Snip

Yeah, Nine Breaker was the odd one out and WORST of the whole series. Its definitely not the right Armored Core experience at all. Sure, if you feel the urge to join us then come! for we have cookies!! :P Then again, we do need some opponents too, otherwise there's no one left to fight.

As for everyone else, Let me know/PM me if you guys are interested in teaming up. Glad to find some ravens out here in the Escapist.

I will be buying it when I get paid next
(ALL WORDS IN THESE BRACKETS IS TO GET ENOUGH WORDS SO I DON'T GET ANOTHER FRIGGING WARNING FOR LOW CONTENT)

I will be buying it when I get paid next
(ALL WORDS IN THESE BRACKETS IS TO GET ENOUGH WORDS SO I DON'T GET ANOTHER FRIGGING WARNING FOR LOW CONTENT)

I would, but I've already got my own team. Not too big into multiplayer right now since I've got crap net. Perhaps at a later date.

Ehhh, I'm still sitting back on this one. I'm considering getting the game, but I haven't heard too much good about it yet. Loved the last two AC games (and pretty much anything else From Software), but I'm really doubting this one. I like multiplayer, but I'm more drawn to a solid singleplayer and so far I haven't seen much of that. So I'm still waiting.

GundamSentinel:
Ehhh, I'm still sitting back on this one. I'm considering getting the game, but I haven't heard too much good about it yet. Loved the last two AC games (and pretty much anything else From Software), but I'm really doubting this one. I like multiplayer, but I'm more drawn to a solid singleplayer and so far I haven't seen much of that. So I'm still waiting.

Armored Core has always gotten the 'Okay' rating from sites like GameSpot. I hear offline still works like a charm, you just need to make two different profiles, one Offline and one Online.

valkeminator:

Jesse Billingsley:

/Brofist!!

Let me know if you are interested in teaming up and joining our team! :D hopefully our time difference is all goods.

My GT is on my profile I think, so send me a friend Request, I'm trying to build up a decent amount of players so that when I do get on I at least won't be going in alone. As for teams, We shall see, I'm planning on starting a small Merc Team with a friend of mine whenever he gets his Xbox back.

GundamSentinel:

Well one thing I can tell you is that its more onto the roots of AC1-Last raven era, its more ground combat + tactic. I cannot stress enough how the role of the operator is incredibly important in this game. Think of Front Mission mechs (Not the 3rd person one) in terms of bulk.

Singleplayer wise, the levels are very challenging, if you ask me it seems like FROM took a hint of Dark Souls masochistic level of difficulty onto their Story stages, and surprisingly very large and long with multiple sub-objectives (up to 15 so far I see). Story is meh as usual, but at least its the most "colorful", by that I mean more emotion in the way character talks compared to how drony and robotic most other AC games are but dont expect too much in story, its left to open interpretation as usual.

The only thing I despise is how most ACs are likely to be heavy weight. I prefer my ACs Middle/light and nimble. I still get High Mobility Heavy weight Reverse joint somehow though.

Still, I have to say that Armored Core is and has always have been a Fans-only game I figure.

Hey, I recognize you now! You added me to your friends list after you hired me as a mercenary :P

It does feel very different; I know this comparison is brought up very often, but to me, the gameplay feels like a hybrid between AC3 and AC4 (More AC3 with updated dual analog controls), and the multiplayer integration feels like Chromehounds. I have to say, it's not what I was expecting when they announced ACV ages ago, but I'm not necessarily finding it a bad thing... Well, let's put it this way; I wanted to play Chromehounds again, but I kinda feel that it didn't have to be ACV that became the new CH2.

Perhaps it's just me, but I never found the single player levels all that difficult. I often hear that the levels were challenging, but I always thought the missions in AC3 and AC4 (more accurately, For Answer) much more challenging. I'd get stuck for months on end on some missions in AC3 and FA, but in ACV, I never really got bogged down with any mission and completed the campaign within the week (... this isn't really helped by the fact that the campaign is only 9 missions long, but I digress). But this could also be because I never got the control scheme in AC3 or AC4 downpat exactly, and ACV in contrast felt intuitive to control. Heck, I don't know.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention; it may have been the in-story garage system. In old games, I felt that it was a test of endurance; to keep your AP sufficient through the level to survive an AC on AC fight later in the mission. Unless you were very good, which I wasn't. But in most story missions, after any major events, there is usually a garage nearby (aka repair point) which can get you back up to fighting strength immediately. But this is also kind of a moot point; after my first couple of missions, I just stopped using them when I found out there was a sidequest associated with not using them :P

But yeah, I'd definitely agree that Armored Core is still a fans-only game. You either love it, or you hate it. Unfortunately, most of the reviewers seem to hate it, but luckily for me, I love Armored Core, and don't care what they think :P

Hilgrad:
Snippy to let ya know

Correct!! I am pleased to know you are an Escapist too :D -- Definitely should run more mission together!!

I have not played CH yet, therefore i don't really have a say to it. I have to say though, I like the online integration they did with the game, One thing it needs is more of a community,and hence more players. Its one step forward for the series I agree, but its not a leap.

For me it was only the City Police sniper AC on Mission 4 that bogged me down, I could not kill it as it kills ME sooner. Its mostly because of my AC is mainly a close-middle range combatant -- hence its only natural I die when someone uses sniper on me. I do find the long missions to be a huge improvement. One vice of me is that I can be stubborn and I hate heavy weight and slow ACs.

I agree, the fierce test to keep your AP as high as possible and then survive the sudden "boss" stage where 2 ACs attack you while your AP is probably well below 50%, and actually SURVIVE IT is the bliss of the game.

don't forget scrap collections!! -- They are basically the hidden parts scattered around the game, I wish every mercs who run missions with me know better to pursue the side quests too especially parts collection.

As for the 404th Ravens, I'm kind of thinking of joining a team with people who are very active with ACV. It is hard to build a team, let alone finding people who play ACV regularly. I really want to get the online component going, its the other half of the game and a big one at that.

I have the game, yet to play it because I'm still trying to finish mass effect (Uni gets in the way of a-lot of games) But when I get around to jumping on it I'd have no issue tagging along

Warning: I haven't played my xbox in soooo long, armoured core even longer, So I'll probably suck.

p.s. Australian

No problem! I'd be glad to refresh you with some AC must knows and so forth. When you do get around to play it let me know!! NZ here so i think time difference will be advantageous.

Me too, I also have not finished ME3... Thanks to university and I guess I love Armored core THAT much, that I would drop everything when they have a new AC game out, and It has been a long time since I last played AC -- I only played 4 and FA on a borrowed console few years back...

If all goes according to plan ill get this game on Tuesday. I cant wait to play this myself.

If you don't mind, can I ask you what you think was bad with formula front and nine breaker? I know there not considered good games and I've never played them but I haven't heard anyone say in-depth what was bad about them.

Nine Breaker: There is no MISSIONS -- there is training stages, but then does those sound appealing? The only story in the game is just that they are trying to train the ravens skills so they are ready for the events that unfold in Last Raven. Despite customization is the core element of the game, you do need to have your machine go out there and do some damage, problem is in Nine breaker there is no chance to do that especially how the training stages FORCES you to ditch your favorite machine you made, and have to change the parts so it fits the training stages pass requirements.

In game example: you love heavy weight mechs and made one with chain guns and everything, but then the next training stage require you to pass an obstacle course within the required time limit. This translates to requiring you to have a light weight mech, stripped of its weaponry just to pass through an obstacle course -- giving you no pleasure for having an awesome mech you built to your preference...

It really is simply the worst entry, its like you bought Modern warfare/battlefield3 but all you have is shooting range and a bunch of guns, and the objective would be "Destroy 10 Targets in 10 Seconds". Think what would happen if you choose a Deagle with only 7 shots in a clip, or an RPG but the targets pop out one at a time. You would be forced to use a gun that has enough bullets in clip and accurate enough to take down 10 targets in 10 seconds...

So yes, it effectively took out the customization freedom the game is all about.

Formula Front: Again, there is barely any plot and missions, it only revolves around building your mech and pitting them against another mech, rock em sock em robots style or "Real Steel" the movie style. I also put an emphasis on PITTING them, because you do not actually control your mech, you only program them to have certain combat trait and you watch them beat each other up. How much basically would you trust an AI ally in most games? Pretty much not likely.

You can opt to control them manually, but with PSP control its incredibly hard as it is hard to get a new player to get used with AC controls.

Still despite all that, those two are the bad apples of Armored Core. Thankfully ACV is actually quite good, if you are a true fan and have been considering to roleplay considering the way FROM always leave story up to player interpretation -- I guess the little touches they added in being able to customize your garage, emblem, add decal and everything is a good addition.

...one thing that I find restricting in roleplay this time is just how you are a Resistance fighter now, instead of a Mercenary fighting for the highest bidder...

Still, I like how they have long story missions that can take 30 minutes to complete even, which most AC games lack (some missions are under 1 minute even!!), and a lot of sidequests to boot, "Order" missions, and I have to say the online part of it is important... which is why I made this thread in the first place.

Gather around Ravens!! Join the teams!! Don't get too bogged down in making your team, try joining ones that are active!! Its not just a number game.

...I think I got over excited LOL.

Let me know if any of you are interested in joining my team 404th Ravens!!

thanks for the info about the games
as of this post, me buying ACV is 4 days away

Wow, I'm kinda amazed to see AC fans on this forum.

As for me, I was kinda interested, but would only buy if someone said the game was significantly more improve over For Answer.

Will be getting it in about a week. Be patient Lad :P

I own just about all the AC games except for 5,4, the PS1 games and Formula Front.

Almost assuredly gonna get ACV, though it's been ages since I last played AC *nostalgia*

Terramax:

As for me, I was kinda interested, but would only buy if someone said the game was significantly more improve over For Answer.

AC fan as well? :D

Depends on what you hate from For Answer.. For me though, although I missed FA because it made ACs so overpowered, I think I prefer V. There are more strategy in the game other than spamming boosters. Weapon and armor type of your AC matters heavily here, making use of the terrain to hide is also important in some cases. Although, pro players would of course be immune to such trick and use a Reverse joint leg and fly high.

They also finally have longer missions (story missions) but only spans 9 levels long, on top of that they also have Shorter missions (order missions) and there are 83 of them... although I believe there should be more... I have not encountered some of the giant bosses especially the one that was shown in the japanese demo.

There are a lot of hidden parts hunting in the story stages as well. As for the levels they can get very long and challenging. Luckily you have the option to resupply and repair at the middle of the stage now for a fee.

In terms of mech design, they have moved towards a smaller AC size and I guess they do remind me of Wanzers from Front Mission (even the gameplay kind of remind me of FM-Evolved).

The only drawback of ACV is probably the multiplayer section -- as you can see I am now trying to find people for my team and it can be hard to get to play the conquest missions and online component of the game if player number is lacking. Sadly AC is a fans-only game as usual... then there's region locking...

And then my Mercenary rank (Co-op with a stranger) went down from C to F even though I NEVER failed my missions... only took me 1 slip up to make it fall that bad. Reason being : Mercs get paid roughly only 20% of the total reward, and ammo+repair fee can be very high. i.e. reward: 20K, repairs : 180K (profit = -160K). Which is why making a team is important, if you do Co-Op with a team member instead of a random merc you get a more even split.

ACV is a bit easier compared most AC titles... ACFA even pits you, and a useless AI companion against FIVE ACs as one of the final stage... In ACV you can get a Merc (another random player) to team up with you and hence made the game a LOT easier as a result.

In terms of roleplay I have to admit it adds a bit of customization and roleplayability by letting you customize everything, including adding decals to your AC, and even down to choosing your workshop/garage. So... yeah I am a happy fan!!

Still, in terms of making your own story, its a bit limiting as they pretty much put you into the boot of a mercenary fighting for a resistance fighter instead of being able to freely choose who you want to make their days bad... But on the other hand, characters get a bit of an improvement. BUT remember, AC games are not for the story most of the time... But considering what the series went through, its an improvement overall...

Jesse Billingsley:

Still waiting! :D The doors are always open. By the way what timezone are you? Hopefully not the US because our copies are locked by region of : UK, US, and JP. I think I got the UK copy as I am in New Zealand.

Aeshi:
I own just about all the AC games except for 5,4, the PS1 games and Formula Front.

Almost assuredly gonna get ACV, though it's been ages since I last played AC *nostalgia*

GO GET IT!! Just PLAY IT!! :D :D
Some people are burnt by AC4 in fact because it went Gundam and became Armored Twilight (some fans say), meanwhile ACV is more like AC1 I guess... a lot closer to it.

Its just sad how AC games always get low ratings... Its truly a fans only game, and does take some effort and time investment to get to truly enjoy it. Kind of like how Dark Souls really.

valkeminator:

Terramax:

Depends on what you hate from For Answer..

Well, for me it's mainly the controls. People argue they're supposed to be stiff for a reason, as AC is a simulator, but I'm an arcade gamer through and through. Easy to pick up, simple to understand. Which leads me to my next point that I just don't like the customisation. I just want to pick a robot, and blow shit up with ease.

I've only owned 3 AC titles (the first, Silent Lines, and For Answer) but I will probably not buy another until it becomes more accessible for new blood. Which I'm certain the majority of fans out there would not be happy with.

Terramax:

valkeminator:

Terramax:

Depends on what you hate from For Answer..

Well, for me it's mainly the controls. People argue they're supposed to be stiff for a reason, as AC is a simulator, but I'm an arcade gamer through and through. Easy to pick up, simple to understand. Which leads me to my next point that I just don't like the customisation. I just want to pick a robot, and blow shit up with ease.

I've only owned 3 AC titles (the first, Silent Lines, and For Answer) but I will probably not buy another until it becomes more accessible for new blood. Which I'm certain the majority of fans out there would not be happy with.

Then I guess its not exactly for you then, the only pre-made AC schematic that is available from the game is only the "Junk" ACs, which are starter ACs with very dumbed down stats due to it being "Junk" (Hard mode anyone?). One way to get a tried and tested AC is to trade schematic, but then again to be able to build one immediately, you do need a level 50 Team at least and then some money...

I finally got to my stable build after beating the game, and multiple Order missions (around mission 65 I think?). Even though AC is essentially the Forza/Gran Turismo equivalent of Mechs, you do need to build your mech from the ground up and a lot of number crunching, experiments and trial/error is required until you get one mech that fits you like a glove.

Oh and by the way, even though 404th Ravens is currently level 55, but then there are some parts you do need to unlock on your own, i.e. the Giant Missile Ultimate Weapon -- There are secrets around it (The Zodiac squad).

So yeah, despite the devs claim they aim to make ACV to be accessible to new blood, I don't think the vast majority of new players will agree, as I don't think its any easier. But once you understood all the parameters, its pretty easy... just like changing your armor equips and rings within an MMO/RPG game.

valkeminator:

Jesse Billingsley:

Still waiting! :D The doors are always open. By the way what timezone are you? Hopefully not the US because our copies are locked by region of : UK, US, and JP. I think I got the UK copy as I am in New Zealand.

Curses!!!!! Well Maybe someone at From will get the idea to remove the locks. Kinda hope they do. I know Territory control is isolated, but is 1v1, or battle royal international?T

Good to see some fellow Ravens out there, I feel like I'm in one of the few really active EU Ps3 teams at the moment. That region locking is making finding PvP incredibly difficult, but any PvP we do get tends to be pretty enjoyable.

Any other EU PS3 teams feel like organising some PvP at some point? Just to get the ball rolling.

Speaking of online, is there any news on these bad boys?
(Guy on left: LEEEEROOYYY JENKINS!!!!)

I hear that they didn't show up for about a month in japan. I'm kinda hoping they add them soon, I could use a good Boss fight, I'm starting to get sick of arms forts :P

Jesse Billingsley:
Snippy

Sadly I think even 1V1 is also region locked :( but I don't know the specific detail. I assume you're US then Jesse? if thats the case then its quite a pity, we're lacking a lot of player in the 360... especially the UK region :(.

as for your picture... yeah that too... was supposed to be attacking your region once in a while but then apparently its Japan only at the moment. That one is called Type D no.5 I think... Then there is also "Exusia" which is a souped up version of the final boss. Not sure if there are more. Currently they are marked by "Secret Achievement" in the dashboard.

For the time being I also recommend heading to http://forum.acgarage.com -- one of the oldest standing Armored Core community and LOTS of pre-game hints there.

Lucky for you PS3 people there are more players.

As for the AC doing a Leeroy Jenkins, thats probably me. I prefer close up combat and don't get me wrong: Over boosting IS very important now to close up distances, and Solid weapons like gatlings now deal less damage in a distance. Quite noticeable as well as you can see bullet drop too, so get up close and personal. Ram (Boost Charge) them while you at it for massive damage.

Edit: http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17080 -- Has links relating to the Video of those giant bosses...

i made a team kell hounds and i'm on the usa since i'm Canadian not sure what there doing since I've been playing wo3 lately

Wo3? what's that? and your post confuse me a bit lol...
Meanwhile I finally got the chance to take a snapshot of my AC...
AC name: Gauntlet. Pilot: Valke

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked