If you had to live anywhere in Skyrim...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Sky haven temple. I just like the place so much. But if I could pick anywhere in Nirn, I would pick Anvil in Cyrodill.

Seems like there's only one reasonable choice to me. I'd live in Labyrinthian in the past.
Two reasons:
1. Nobody is going to steal my stuff due to the fact the I'm the only one that can EVER enter my house.
2. Pop out to the current time whenever i want, and if not, I can wander around Skyrim in the past without worrying about all the freaking dragons

8-Bit_Jack:
I own houses in every major city and you say I can't sleep in any of them? NONSENSE I WILL SLEEP IN ALL OF THEM.

But no, what are the rules of this scenario? Are we our characters? or are we, the player, moving to skyrim and setting up shop like so much animal crossing?
If the latter, as gorgeous as Morthal is, I'd hate to live there because I would doubtlessly need to live in with the beggars. Those rooms suck. So I'd have to pick Whiterun. It's a major city, with low crime and high security, and is (lorewise) a major trade city. Picking up a job in town, you could probably afford the ten gold for the inn, or if you join the companions you at least have a place to sleep and food provided.

If I were my character, on the other hand, main place of residence would be Morthal. Seeing the sun glittering off the stone in the morning... beautiful. However, even then I'd be running a vast network all over Skyrim, so I'd never stay in one place for the rest of my life. I have obligations to several groups, not to mention the necessity of traveling for commerce reasons. I smith, enchant, trade, and mix to support myself, so I have to travel to keep bringing in gold. I'd also make sure to take the time to ruin Molag Bal's shrine, and replace it with a shrine to Sheogorath, the only Daedra to whom I could ever truly swear allegiance to.

Heimir:

Lucem712:
Do I have to live on the cobble-stones then? I pick Riverwood. Next to a major city without all the hustle and bustle of Whiterun.

(Also, I'm pretty sure I'd punch the Talos nut in the face IRL)

And me and my friends would batter you halfway to death with clubs you Thalmor sympathising imperial scum.

OT: Probably Morthal. A bit out of the way, calm and nice. But not too far from the biggest city :3

Oh come off it, Talos HIMSELF would be annoyed by that shouting lunatic.

An attack on a Talos worshipper is an attack on all of us. Even though he gets annoying for everyone. One day you assault the loonies then the other day you claim we're all loonies and use that as a reason to butcher innocents. I know how you imperial dogs work, so spare me your arguements!

:3

I'd say Whiterun, Falkreath, or Riften.

Probably Riften cos I've never seen it get attacked by a dragon. Definitely not Winterhold cos it gets attacked almost every time I go there.

Why would anybody want to live in Markath? I'm pretty sure your survival chances are lower ther, what with all the murder cult and cannibals, and mafia like crime families and haunted houses and high walkways, that they are is you set up shop at a Dragon grave.

I'd go live in Riften or Solitude, Riften for the weather, Solitude for those big stone walls.

8-Bit_Jack:
I own houses in every major city and you say I can't sleep in any of them? NONSENSE I WILL SLEEP IN ALL OF THEM.

But no, what are the rules of this scenario? Are we our characters? or are we, the player, moving to skyrim and setting up shop like so much animal crossing?
If the latter, as gorgeous as Morthal is, I'd hate to live there because I would doubtlessly need to live in with the beggars. Those rooms suck. So I'd have to pick Whiterun. It's a major city, with low crime and high security, and is (lorewise) a major trade city. Picking up a job in town, you could probably afford the ten gold for the inn, or if you join the companions you at least have a place to sleep and food provided.

If I were my character, on the other hand, main place of residence would be Morthal. Seeing the sun glittering off the stone in the morning... beautiful. However, even then I'd be running a vast network all over Skyrim, so I'd never stay in one place for the rest of my life. I have obligations to several groups, not to mention the necessity of traveling for commerce reasons. I smith, enchant, trade, and mix to support myself, so I have to travel to keep bringing in gold. I'd also make sure to take the time to ruin Molag Bal's shrine, and replace it with a shrine to Sheogorath, the only Daedra to whom I could ever truly swear allegiance to.

Heimir:

Lucem712:
Do I have to live on the cobble-stones then? I pick Riverwood. Next to a major city without all the hustle and bustle of Whiterun.

(Also, I'm pretty sure I'd punch the Talos nut in the face IRL)

And me and my friends would batter you halfway to death with clubs you Thalmor sympathising imperial scum.

OT: Probably Morthal. A bit out of the way, calm and nice. But not too far from the biggest city :3

Oh come off it, Talos HIMSELF would be annoyed by that shouting lunatic.

First ten seconds ruins your plans entirely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjD0KROlSQY

Razoack:
Helgen, Dragons are like lightning aren't they?

Well, you'd have to deal with the bandits that take up residence in Helgen after the dragon attack.

Sean Hollyman:
Where would you live?
And to add a twist, you can't sleep in your own house

That's unfair. Can't we standardize housing quality? Have, say, Breezehome be the standard housing quality per city?

Pirakahunter788:
Probably Whiterun. It's got everything you'd ever need. Nice folk, beautiful countryside, it's in the center of Skyrim, and all the extra stuff, enchanting table, alchemy tables, smelter, leather rack, furnace, etc.

I could see myself on one of the farms outside the city. Plus, it has two inns and a brewery close by! But then again, who wouldn't want to fish and swim in that lake outside of Riften?

Solitude, It reminds me too much of Skingrad, and I love Skingrad so much :) I don't care if I live on the streets in Solitude...It's beautiful and warm anywhere there!

I'm surprised a couple of people said Riften. Personaly I don't think living in a city controlled by a bloodsucking buisiness woman and the mob is a terribly good idea.

Hmm.... Windhelm was a pretty nice city. And hey, I'm even Anglo-saxon so they probably wouldn't even give me any racist grief.

I would live inside the mind of Pelagius. Sounds fun in there.

Heimir:

An attack on a Talos worshipper is an attack on all of us. Even though he gets annoying for everyone. One day you assault the loonies then the other day you claim we're all loonies and use that as a reason to butcher innocents. I know how you imperial dogs work, so spare me your arguements!

Don't you imperial dog ME, you milk-drinking simpleton. I carried Jar Ulfric to victory in Solitude myself!

Prolly wont on this kajhiit though. guess that makes me an imperial cat?

Winterhold, the magical land of...well, magic. Sure there's little beyond an outhouse in the city besides the College, but yay for magic!

If magic just wasn't an option, I'd choose Ivarstead. Not too far from Whiterun, and let's be honest, the view from the Throat of the World is amazing!!!

Luke3184:

says one man, while all the others in town give off the sense that this is not the case

I'm just wondering how you picked at that and not the fact that i called markarth morthal several times

I'd love to live in The College Of Winterhold, everyone who lives there seem to have pretty active lives and generally pleasant attitudes.

Probably Whiterun, it's a nice central location, headquarters of the Companions (useful if the city is ever attacked), the surrounding landscape is gorgeous, but in Skyrim where is the landscape not gorgeous? Relatively low number of hazards as long as you don't take sides with the Battle-Borns or Grey-Manes all in all a pretty nice place to settle in.

Close second would be Solitude, it's a major trade center, capital of Skyrim so very important things happen here, it's where the Imperial Legion is headquartered so it's politically safe (Death to the Stormcloaks!), it's the nicest looking in my opinion and it's right on the ocean. I have always wanted to live next to the ocean.

Windhelm, our fearless savior Ulfric Stormcloak lives there <3

Well, if for some reason I am randomly able to do magic when I move to Skyrim I will definitely go to Winterhold. Otherwise it would have to be Whiterun.

Whiterun or Winterhold. The first for the warm-ish looking weather they generally have and the second for the magic. Stay non-aligned and in the company of the best mages in Skyrim...yeah definitely Winterhold. I'll vacation to Whiterun when the constant snow storms start to bother me even though I love snow.

Probably the first Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.

Seems pretty chill.

Well, Daggerfall. But since we're talking about Skyrim and not High Rock I'll say I'd like to fix up Broken Oar Grotto. The most beautiful sunrises and sunsets in the game right at the entrance. And within walking distance of Solitude. Plus I don't have anything else to do with the mountians of gold I've picked up. I'd trick out that cave until it looked like Markarth.

8-Bit_Jack:

Heimir:

Don't you imperial dog ME, you milk-drinking simpleton. I carried Jar Ulfric to victory in Solitude myself!

Not that you can help the empire. You aren't welcome inside any city you Skooma smuggling thieving furball puking scumbag!

JS_Lynch:
I'm torn between my love for lollygaggin' and Whiterun.

Well, I don't want to be near those warriors from Hammerfell. They have curved swords. CURVED. SWORDS.
I think either Windhelm or Whiterun, cuz I am a true (argonian) Stormcloak.

Actually.... I'd like to live on the throat of the world. That would be awesomeness.

I'd probably go to Riften or Riverwood. I like Riften a bit better but i wouldn't feel safe with all the thugs...

I would probably share a nice vampire lair, kicking back sucking blood, killing any argonian or khajit that come our way, there arent any khajit left in my game i know of except any essentials i couldnt kill, i spent 45 hours visiting every area i knew of and killing any khajit there before leaving :P

*sings to self in tune with catch the pigeon* "kill the kitty, kill the kitty"

TrilbyWill:

distortedreality:
Riften.

Nice weather.

Yeah, but a lot of people there tend to get caught in the crossfire between the guards and me and the thieves.
Sidenote: I really want them to sort the friendly fire issues. I had to slaughter a squad of Imperials because one of them decided to stand on the opposite side of the dragon I 'Yol Tor Shul'ed.

Personally, I'd pick Whiterun. It's just the best choice:
-Falkreath is open and in the woods. Easily attacked by, say, bears.
-Markarth has the Forsworn.
-Morthal is in swampland. Bleh.
-Solitude is full of Imperials.
-Dawnstar has nightmares.
-Winterhold is a shithole unless you're a mage.
-Windhelm is full of racists.
-Riften has the Thieves Guild.
-Whiterun has the Companions, and a ruler who tries to stay out of the civil war.

yeah whiterun seems to be an obvious choice

I'm partial to the Thalmor embassy. It's got a nice location, fairly good security and it feels quite cozy. I've always liked the Solitude-architecture, but I'm not there very often. Hell, it must be the one place in Skyrim where you can get decent roomservice.

And really, the Thalmor really aren't getting anywhere, they need the natural cunning of a Khajiit to pacify the natives. They think they are so smart, but they can't see past their big gilded noses... Pacifying the locals by drowning their poor little brains in cheap mead was an idea no Elven brain could grow...

It'd be lovely, relaxing in a big, important-looking chair in a nice robe, swirling a glass of Skooma-spiked wine in one hand, singing execution orders and statue construction permits with the other. Perhaps build a little shrine to the Madgod in the cellar, or fill it with sand and pretend it's Elsweyr when homesickness kicks in. And the parties... The Thalmor-parties tend to be rather dull affairs, in dire need of some improvement.

Heimir:

8-Bit_Jack:

Heimir:

Not that you can help the empire. You aren't welcome inside any city you Skooma smuggling thieving furball puking scumbag!

It is weird how that works, isnt it? I choose to believe that no one really cares if the kajhiit come into town, but none of them have ever tried it, so both sides assume theres some sort of law against it

I'd live in a remote Dwarven ruin. Perhaps even in the vast underground one the name of which I forget just now.

Skulltaker101:
Hmmm, going to get some stick for this, but I say the Thalmor Embassy. Firstly, Talos is a man, not a Divine. Secondly, I dig their sweet robes! :)

*Puts up steadfast ward against incoming flames.*

It's cool that you like the Thalmor, but really it's always been obvious that Talos is a god*.

But on topic I think I'd have to go with Whiterun because it's the safest and most stable. Was considering Riften for the weather and mead but the crime makes it a no-go.

*Just ask one of his avatars, such as - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Wulf or http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_Prophet

Luke3184:
Why would anybody want to live in Markath? I'm pretty sure your survival chances are lower ther, what with all the murder cult and cannibals, and mafia like crime families and haunted houses and high walkways, that they are is you set up shop at a Dragon grave.

I'd go live in Riften or Solitude, Riften for the weather, Solitude for those big stone walls.

Imperial walls used to make me feel so safe....

8-Bit_Jack:

Luke3184:

says one man, while all the others in town give off the sense that this is not the case

I'm just wondering how you picked at that and not the fact that i called markarth morthal several times

Excessive alcohol abuse really screws with what you deem important. But there's also the fact that you can tell the guards it's too much effort to arrest you and that they'll agree.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked