HD Re-Releases You'd Want to See

Pages PREV 1 2 3

juyunseen:
This is gonna sound weird, but I want a HD rerelease of the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games.
They were fun, and I'd love to see the original art style with a few more polys.

Hadn't thought of it, but that may be nice since my country never got the third one.

As for others, obligatory TimeSplitters.

ANImaniac89:

bannanaky:

ANImaniac89:

Silent Hill HD collection vol.2 (for 4, Origins and possibly Shattered Memories)

not until they release a good compilation of 1 2 and 3. the hd remake of 2 and 3 was so very awful

The Silent Hill HD collection is fine, I own the PS3 version and it plays just like I remember the PS2 originals.

i never got my hands on the PS3 version. i have 2 and 3 for the ps2 and i figured having them for xbox 360 would be great. but unfortunately they just made it look worse somehow. needless to say i was very disappointed. but at least silent hill downpour was good... oh wait

Z of the Na'vi:
Spyro HD Collection (1, 2, & 3)
Crash Bandicoot HD Collection (1, 2, & 3)

I have a feeling that they would sell like hotcakes.

While I agree on the Spyro front, I've always felt that Crash was very much stylised deliberately to be low poly. Many of the levels almost deliberately go for the less realistic looking polygon layout, and the games have a certain artistic aesthetic which wouldn't really be improved much with HD.

Now I would personally love a HD Sonic 3 Knuckles. I know their's a fan project for Sonic 2, but Sonic 3 is so much prettier than Sonic 2 to begin with that it really should've been the one they did.

Though I rather want these as remakes not rereleases,
Planescape: Torment (not in 3D, at least not in a traditional sense)
Final Fantasy 8
Grim Fandango

also very much this

isometry:
Chrono Trigger. High resolution sprites, and a revamping to the battle system (make fewer battles, make them faster, and have more non-simple battles).

Z of the Na'vi:
Spyro HD Collection (1, 2, & 3)
Crash Bandicoot HD Collection (1, 2, & 3)

I have a feeling that they would sell like hotcakes.

Yeah really just this. I'd add CTR to the list of Crash games and that covers it.

FUCKING KINGDOM HEARTS sorry sorry its yust TEN YEARS, hopefully its on its way but i would like to se kingdom hearts 1 2 and re:chain of memories remade for the PS3 and let it be the final mix versions.

Austin Howe:

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection: English translations of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + as well as Re: Chain of Memories and a resolution upscaled port of 358/2 Days.

. . . What? Oh, yeah, fuck Birth by Sleep.

This but with Birth by Sleep. I would buy that without question.

The games I wanted to be HD-A-Fied were already done (Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and Perfect Dark in case you were wondering).

Blood, Caesar III and Age of Empires II.

Dark Cloud/Dark Chronicle
Final Fantasy X & XII
Forbidden Siren
God Hand
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (and that remake of the GBA game)
Onimusia 1-3
Project Zero (Fatal Fame for everyone else)
Shenmue 1 & 2 (hell it's even finished, so what's stopping Sega from releasing it!? Idiots)
Shin Megami Tensei (Digital Devil Saga, then add Nocturne/Lucifer's Call for an added bonus)
SSX Tricky & 3
Yakuza 1 & 2

I can go on and on, honestly

Capitano Segnaposto:

Austin Howe:
Legacy of Kain HD Collection: Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, and maybe Blood Omen 2 for shits and giggles.

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection: English translations of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + as well as Re: Chain of Memories and a resolution upscaled port of 358/2 Days.

You know what? They can keep 358/2 and can instead give us:

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (It already comes with RE:CoM)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: Final Mix

Oh, also RELEASE THE MOTHER-FUCKING FINAL MIX VERSION OF DREAM DROP DISTANCE HERE YOU DAMN BASTARDS.

This, this, THIS! What is it going to take Square? I don't care that I have the non Final Mix versions already, I want this! What do you want me to do? Praise FF13 as the best FF game ever? Sure, no problem. Game is perfect. 13-2? Haven't gotten it yet, but sure, one of the best sequels out there. See Square!? I'm complying! Just give me this...please. I don't care what it costs (as long as its not $100 or something outrageous), just please...at least reveal that it comes out next year. That way it will be 6 years in a row that we get KH games. That's pretty awesome right Square? RIGHT?!

But wait, I thought DDD didn't have a Final Mix version...yet.

Austin Howe:

ANImaniac89:

bannanaky:

not until they release a good compilation of 1 2 and 3. the hd remake of 2 and 3 was so very awful

The Silent Hill HD collection is fine, I own the PS3 version and it plays just like I remember the PS2 originals. Yeah the omission of 1 and 4 is a little bothersome. But I already own Silent Hill 1 on PSN and 4 is widely seen as one of the worst in the series so I can kinda understand why it was left out. what they should have done is charged a full $60 for it and included 4 and a coupon for 1 for PS3 owner.

Silent Hill 4, even with the boneheaded game design, is by a far a better written and certainly more playable game than Silent Hill. It's mainly egregious that they left off that game because Konami forced it into being Silent Hill when it was being made, and Team Silent wanted to do no such thing.

Meanwhile, I can't honestly describe myself as very angry about this, but there are certain graphical glitches in SH2HD which are just horrific, and according to people who played the original SH2, most of the signature fog is gone.* Also, I really like the new voice acting, but a lot of people don't, so thank god they had the choice to use the originals . . . so why isn't that a choice for Silent Hill 3?

There were a lot of boneheaded decisions, not to mention the little fucker was delayed THRICE, from DECEMBER until fucking MARCH for fucking PORTS OF PS2 GAMES WHICH THEY THEN MANAGED TO BUTCHER. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

*If that's true, how the fuck did anyone ever see James because JESUS CHRIST that game is foggy, even in the HD Collection.)

Now granted, as someone who never had a chance to play the original 2 and 3, I'm pretty happy with what I got, but I felt like voicing some of the fanboy rage, much if not most of which in this case, is compeltely legitimate.

I thought they couldn't do the original voices for SH3 because they couldn't get in contact with the woman who voiced the main character? They found everyone else for SH2, but not for SH3, so they couldn't do it (for money or legal reasons I imagine). Not entirely too sure though since the Silent Hill series is one that I don't pay much attention to, nor have played, so forgive my ignorance!

Xathos:

Capitano Segnaposto:

Austin Howe:
Legacy of Kain HD Collection: Soul Reaver 2, Defiance, and maybe Blood Omen 2 for shits and giggles.

You know what? They can keep 358/2 and can instead give us:

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (It already comes with RE:CoM)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: Final Mix

Oh, also RELEASE THE MOTHER-FUCKING FINAL MIX VERSION OF DREAM DROP DISTANCE HERE YOU DAMN BASTARDS.

This, this, THIS! What is it going to take Square? I don't care that I have the non Final Mix versions already, I want this! What do you want me to do? Praise FF13 as the best FF game ever? Sure, no problem. Game is perfect. 13-2? Haven't gotten it yet, but sure, one of the best sequels out there. See Square!? I'm complying! Just give me this...please. I don't care what it costs (as long as its not $100 or something outrageous), just please...at least reveal that it comes out next year. That way it will be 6 years in a row that we get KH games. That's pretty awesome right Square? RIGHT?!

But wait, I thought DDD didn't have a Final Mix version...yet.

Well, not yet. You know they will make one. It is the first actual sequal to come out of the Kingdom Hearts series in years.

Sean Hollyman:

juyunseen:
This is gonna sound weird, but I want a HD rerelease of the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games.
They were fun, and I'd love to see the original art style with a few more polys.

I was going to say this, HIGH 5 :D

Never played the 3rd one though.

*high five*
I only played the 1st lol, but I loved it!

Kwil:
Custer's Revenge *ducks and runs*

I second this. Also, if "HD" included getting rid of that goddamned isometric perspective, I'd like to see Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Arcanum, NWN 1&2, Fallout 1 2 and tactics and Planescape: Torment make a return *Flameshield up*. Also, KOTOR 1&2 and Conker's bad fur day.

Panzer Dragoon Orta, the xbox original version has a bug in it that crashes the game on stage 3 if played on PAL 360s.

When the Wii U comes out I hope a few Wii games like Sin & Punishment 2 get the HD treatment with added netplay

Oh and the Langrisser / Growlancer series

I'd like an HD remake of Star Wars: Battlefront 1 and 2...

Admit it, they were fucking awesome games! Hell, ever if they rereleased the exact same game for the 360 I'd still buy it!

TheMightyAtrox:
These weren't low resolution or anything but I'd buy a collection of the Oddworld games. They really don't even need a new coat of paint, just put it out.

i am pretty sure there are working versions of those up on gog and i thing they were supposed to be on the PSN by now, too.

no a big fan HD re-releases, all i need is for old games to work on my new PC and support resolutions that don't look like shit on my giant monitor.

ok here's one:

The orginal Witcher redone in the new engine with the new combat mechanics etc.

Conflict: Desert Storm 1+2, those games were ace. Kingdom Hearts 1+2 but I want the Final Mix versions. And Timesplitters as well. And Mercs: Playgrounds of Destruction. And many more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Kingdom Hearts HD collection. With the first two games and maybe even one of the handhelds games like Birth by Sleep. The MGS collection was able to port a handheld over to the consoles, so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Kingdom Hearts.

Descent or Descent II. Seriously excellent games. Yeah they were simple and formulaic, but if you've ever played one, you'd know what I'm talking about. Took the concept of the first person shooter and expanded the boundaries tenfold.

Spyro! Just played through the first one again, loved every second.

ThatLankyBastard:
I'd like an HD remake of Star Wars: Battlefront 1 and 2...

Admit it, they were fucking awesome games! Hell, ever if they rereleased the exact same game for the 360 I'd still buy it!

They were indeed awesome. Perhaps a new game instead though, with better AI and game balance?

Konami beat-em-ups. All of them. Give them a minor face-lift, HDify them only if necessary, maximize the number of players who can play at the same time, keep multiplayer local (at least don't shun it), and sell them all on one cart or, disc or, whatever. Just imagine that collection! It may be impossible considering all of the copyrights but just imagine being able to play Turtles in Time, Turtles Arcade, Simpsons Arcade...I should stop now before reality crushes my spirit...

Onimusha 1-3
Final Fantasy 7-9 (for Xbox 360 and PS3)
Halo 2
Marathon
Fallout 1&2

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire off the N64! I have fond memories of hacking that game!! LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

Thief 1 and 2! Maybe 3, but mostly 1 and 2! No changes in levels or gameplay, just smack on graphics that don't look like polygonal polio victims (than you, Yahtzee). The amount of win that would be is crazy.

Halo 2
Halo 2
Halo 2
Halo 2
Halo 2

Though knowing Microsoft, they'd probably ruin the multiplayer by copying Reach instead of a direct Halo 2 HD remake. I still can't believe they did that with Combat Evolved HD. Ruin one of the best multiplayer games of all-time with easily the worst multiplayer in the series to date. Ugh.

Deus Ex
Starsiege: Tribes
Duke Nukem 3D (There was a fan-made one coming out, but Gearbox asked them to hold off for a little while so they just plain stopped)

CrimsonBlaze:
Concker's Bad Fur Day HD (the N64 version).

I am aware of Concker Live and Reloaded (which was meant to be a re-release of Bad Fur Day for the Xbox and later XBLA) and I didn't like the multiplayer too much. Plus, I always had more fun playing Bad Fur Day on the N64.

I know they did a re-release of Banjo Kazooie for the XBLA and all they did was update the graphics while the rest of the original game remains intact.

I want the same for Bad Fur Day (and maybe release it for other consoles).

Before I get any replies, I am aware that Microsoft owns Rare now and that it will never happen, but I was just implying that it would have been nice to play it on other consoles.

Dude, if they rereleased BFD's original multiplayer but supported online play, I would buy it and then buy it for everyone I know. I have never had more fun in a multiplayer game than back in the glory days of Bad Fur Day.

Live and Reloaded was all right, but a shadow of its predecessor. It didn't even have a straight-up deathmatch mode...

Kingdom Hearts 1+2 and Chain of Memories without the card system.
Grand Theft Auto 3+Vice City+San Andreas.
Digital Devil Saga 1+2 (combine them into 1 game, slap HD in there and your set) Also could add nocturne/lucifers call to the disc.

And have them come out on 360 as well as the PS3

Thats mostly it, there's more but I can't remember. I wanted a Devil May Cry HD collection and got it (even though there is little HD and it's mostly quicker loading times) Still fantastic.

Legacy of Kain

Need for speed (Underground, U2 and most wanted)

Lost Kingdoms I and II (was a gamecube exclusive but would love to see it go multiplatform)

Thatrocketeer:
Shadow Hearts series. That's the only thing that would essentially compel me to buy a current gen console.

Oh mah gawd! That series was so good! I totally forgot all about those!

Yeah, I second this guy's motion that the Shadow Hearts series needs an HD remake, right along side the other hearts series that I love, KINGDOM hearts.

Funny story, I actually got Shadow Hearts by accident when my mom bought the wrong game. I was pissed that I didn't get the first Disney/Square crossover RPG, but played it anyway...

BEST MISTAKE EVER!

nikki191:
system shock 1 and 2.. system shock 1 needs mouse look as well.

crusader no remorse and no regret .. those would work very well

Your taste in games is exceptional good sir, the crusader games were great.

An offical remake of Deus Ex would be widely appreciated - the fan jobs have been wonderful, but a HD remake after the success of HR makes sense to me.

MichiganMuscle77:
Descent or Descent II. Seriously excellent games. Yeah they were simple and formulaic, but if you've ever played one, you'd know what I'm talking about. Took the concept of the first person shooter and expanded the boundaries tenfold.

Hell yes.

isometry:
Chrono Trigger. High resolution sprites, and a revamping to the battle system (make fewer battles, make them faster, and have more non-simple battles).

Tbh i'm really not sure how much Chrono Trigger would benefit from updated graphics - it's one of those games that looks great as it is and is almost perfect. I'd personally rather just leave it as it is.

Final Fantasy X is the first to come to mind. Fortunately, it's happening.
Deus Ex, it did not age well, unfortunately.
Final Fantasy VI, because I want Kefka mocking me in 720p (shame this one technically needs a 3D remake, not an HD re-release)
Mark of Kri - randomly came to mind

Ace combat 3 and the proper Japanese version at that. Not that butchered version the Pal regions got...

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked