Best movie games

Pages PREV 1 2

Blaster395:
We all know that movie games are often terrible and rushed, but sometimes, a decent one is released. What is your favorite hidden movie game gem?

Mine is Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King for PS2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslD5c9Q8iw

I loved that game. I played that game multiple times so I can play all the characters, in all the levels.
I'm glad no ones giving us shit for liking it, cause apparently we have bad taste in games...

Shocksplicer:
Here's an interesting thought:
All the games I can think of, X-men origins Wolverine, The Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay and Goldeneye, were all based on movies that were crap! (Yes Goldeneye was crap, have you WATCHED that movie???)

Not sure if serious or ....

It wasn't really a movie game, but the Riddick one. Butcher Bay. It was really, really good.

Hazy992:
Goldeneye, need I say more?

/thread

Pretty much this.

Blaster395:
We all know that movie games are often terrible and rushed, but sometimes, a decent one is released. What is your favorite hidden movie game gem?

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

To this very day, no other game has gotten the feeling of webslinging around a huge city so right.

As I was about to say, I thought it was generally agreed that the two undisputed champions of Movie Video Games were LOTR: The Return of the King and Spiderman 2

Looks lie the first two posts confirmed that assumption, the rest of this tread is just guff :P

I'm glad that I wasn't crazy to think Return of the King was so fun back in the day. I've often longed for a pseudo-open-world action-RPG like The Witcher 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur to be made in the LoTR universe, without being focused on the Fellowship for once.

It really makes me sad that Spider-Man 2 got the webslinging so right and every game since then has decided it needed to focus on the combat. And with the technology we have nowadays we could do so much more with the webslinging too.

And though they're not really "movie" games, I think that the Star Wars: Jedi Knight series deserves an honorable mention for being just about the greatest three four (I count the first Dark Forces to be in the series, then Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy as a spin-off type thing) Star Wars games ever made. And Luke Skywalker was a character in . . . two? of them, so that's the tie-in. Coughitscloseenoughcough.

Chronicles of Riddick

both of them were amazing.

The lord of the rings the battle for middle earth 2 the rise of the witch king (don't make me write that again).

I have played a lot of RTS games and this has to be the best one I have played (yes I have played starcraft 1 and 2 and command and conquer). the game is very well balanced easy to pick up but hard to master (like burnout revenge). although I suppose it may be more a franchise game than directly based off the movie, but that is how I think film games should be. based in the same world but with different charachter and story. another chioce would also be

Starwars Republic Commando, which is in the same world but has different characters and plot.

(there are also other games I enjoyed in my younger years like return of the king and starwars revenge of the sith. I have only played a little of the chronicles of riddick games but they seem like great games too)

remember that Star Wars Clone Wars game with all the vehicles? Yea that.

the story doesn't follow the movies though....

arcade star wars. easiely the best

Daystar Clarion:
Spider-Man 2

To this very day, no other game has gotten the feeling of webslinging around a huge city so right.

Ninja'd in the first reply.

Excellent work...

Though it functioned more as a sequel and came out a good while after it's movie: Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogies Revenge.

I admit the game was not as impressive as a lot of others games, it runs anywhere from kind of bad to mediocre with some pretty linear levels, confusing level layout(Burton's style is very nice onscreen... A regular pain in the ass to navigate as a 3D game environment), and it would at times just come off as unfair. But it did have a combat system that I really enjoyed both using and watching especially considering how well it flowed when it happened. The the 'Soul Robber' I have to put up there in a list of 'really cool weapons'. I also enjoyed the story(which functioned as a sequel) which has gotten something of a 'canon' nod from Burton himself which is pretty cool. It kind of expands on the roles of several characters and gave some interesting insight. Lastly the music was fun... If not kinda... Recycled. All in all decent game and one I certainly consider a nicer example of video game movie adaptations.

The Tron arcade game. The game was meh, but the cabinet...the cabinet was pure sex...all black light, UV, and neon glow...

EDIT: See also the The Last Starfighter cabinet.

I have to say it's either Goldeneye ( old or new one... the demo is all thats out of the new one though) or Toy Story 3. Toy Story is a good game to kill time if you are babysitting or bored with a GF. Goldeneye is good if you are bored with 3 friends... so yea, go ahead and make fun of me for Toy Story lol.

I'd have to say Rockstar's The Warriors based on the 1979 movie of the same name. Also the awesome Spider-Man 2 and, to a lesser extent, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Blaster395:

Before I even clicked on the thread I was going to say Return of the King, though I mine was the Gamecube version, but looking at that video, the games on both consoles were the same.

I also really liked Gamecube Two Towers game that came before, which was the same stuff with but with less levels, a very tight and close camera, and only three of the characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rngIHIH42UM&feature=player_embedded

It was also the first time I bought the same game on two platforms: I had also got the Two Towers game for my Gameboy Advance, and it was actually a very entertaining scrolling top down isometric-like hack and slash RPG. It was RPG like in that after so many kills the character would gain a level and I could input stat points and points for purchasing active and passive abilities, also enemies would drop items or money which I could used to buy items from certain spots on the map, and also up grade attack power by purchasing better whetstones. I played it so much I must have beat the game 20 times with each character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC139M2jKPA&feature=related

Spider-Man 2 and the Harry Potter games up until the 4th one.

King Kong was really good, and so was Matrix: Path of Neo to a much lesser extent.

The Lord of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth II - (expansion pack 1) The Return Of The Witch-King
Such a neat minimalistic title, aye?

It's a great RTS and I've had much fun playing it. It's not that complex, Rise of Nations is much better, but still.

And actually it's not only based on the movies, but the books too, so that makes it automatically vastly more interesting.

Amiga had some cool movie games too. Like Batman, Robocop, Beverly Hills Cop and Terminator 2.

Golden-eye 64 was stunning for it's time.

I also liked both the PS1 harry potter games, not sure how people think of them.

The Warriors for PS2, great movie, watch if you haven't seen it and great game.

Star Wars Battlefront 2, if you count it. Also, Lotr: Battle for Middle-Earth 1. Campaign was brilliant, but online was where it really excelled. Custom map play was excellent.

I gotta agree with spiderman 2. Such a solid game.

007: The World is not Enough. NOT GoldenEye. TWINE nailed the 007 feel. There were much better objectives, various types of weapons and some awesome gadgetry. It also wasn't a childish Doom clone.

Toy Story 2 was also amazing. I guess that may be in part to the fact that the game was delayed so far that it come out in 2000, while the film it was supposed to be advertizing came out in 1999. Ever played Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64 or Super Mario 64? It plays like these. And it has places we never see in the film, like a construction yard and "Al's Space Land"!

Spider-man 3,
HP 1-3, 5, 6
Batman Begins

Peter Jackson's King Kong was amazing. The tense atmosphere and feeling of helplessness and desperation in the face of dinosaurs and giant insects and killer bats and swiming lizards was amazing. It was so intense and made you feel so anxious and desperate because you, appropriatley, felt pretty helpless.
Man when those V-rex's show up, everyone gets nervous. Plus it was cool in the sections where you play as Kong himself too.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked