4.8% (17)
Mr. House
19.7% (70)
19.7% (70)
Independant
40.8% (145)
40.8% (145)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: New Vegas: which faction did you chose?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

ruedyn:

Unsilenced:
NCR has a no-torture policy, though occasionally a lower officer will break it (in the game the courier can be hired to beat info out of Legion Centurion.) Rape... well it probably happens. Crimes happen, but they have laws against it. In the Legion, they're SUPPOSED to rape.

Child slavery... well what do you think they do with captured children? Sure they kill some, but the rest have to be slaves. The Legion doesn't usually just take in captures. There's even a mission where you can free some children taken as slaves by the Legion, and if you offer to buy them there's a remark about how one of the children is "a little young" but would otherwise make a good sex slave.

Oh, and they are sexist. Women are property, and unless there's a man that would object to it (like a husband) they will be raped. One of the slaves remarks that they usually leave alone women who are very old or very young. Then she pauses, looks to the side and repeats, "usually."

Yeah. They rape little girls.

But hey, I guess smoking's bad too, right?

EDIT: As another note, if you're a female courier, one of the slaves will also inform you that she heard some legionaries talking about "trying you out." Soooo... yeah. Rapists.

Okay, I played without subtitles, so I didn't really hear what the legionaires had to say (which seemed to be for the best), but most of the children seem to be training to be Legionaires, not being used as penis ornaments. I have no arguement for the rape thing so I'll give you that. The sexism thing I still consider debatable. Also I don't give two shits about smoking, but Psycho and Jet are addictive and help you to kill people, which is something I feel the wasteland could do without.

The smoking thing was regarding the other guy... but I've pretty much given up arguing with him.

The two you see training are the children of legionaries, not slave children. I don't think you actually see any child slaves at the Fort, which kind of makes sense when you consider that it's a military base. Most of the really damning things come from Siri, a slave girl that administers medicine to wounded Legionaries. She's the one that makes the comment about them "usually" leaving children alone and tells you (if you're female) that Legionaries were planning to have their way with you. (I've never actually heard her say it, but it's on the wiki page)

Completing the quest to rescue/buy the slaves at Cottonwood Cove also teaches you a bit more than you probably wanted to know about the Legion's treatment of slaves.

Basically, Boone was pretty much justified in what he did, if you know what I mean.

Also: I swear the NCR has restrictions on Psycho and Jet. They just don't execute people for it. On one mission you can, for the evlulz, smuggle some Psycho in to the Misfits to turn them into psychotic freaks. It's not readily available to them though. They carry Jet in their medical supplies, but judging by the fact that there's a dude who tries to steal it I would think it's a controlled substance. Plus, why else would there be shady-as-fuck jet dealers in NCR territory?

Unsilenced:

The smoking thing was regarding the other guy... but I've pretty much given up arguing with him.

The two you see training are the children of legionaries, not slave children. I don't think you actually see any child slaves at the Fort, which kind of makes sense when you consider that it's a military base. Most of the really damning things come from Siri, a slave girl that administers medicine to wounded Legionaries. She's the one that makes the comment about them "usually" leaving children alone and tells you (if you're female) that Legionaries were planning to have their way with you. (I've never actually heard her say it, but it's on the wiki page)

Completing the quest to rescue/buy the slaves at Cottonwood Cove also teaches you a bit more than you probably wanted to know about the Legion's treatment of slaves.

Basically, Boone was pretty much justified in what he did, if you know what I mean.

Also: I swear the NCR has restrictions on Psycho and Jet. They just don't execute people for it. On one mission you can, for the evlulz, smuggle some Psycho in to the Misfits to turn them into psychotic freaks. It's not readily available to them though. They carry Jet in their medical supplies, but judging by the fact that there's a dude who tries to steal it I would think it's a controlled substance. Plus, why else would there be shady-as-fuck jet dealers in NCR territory?

I did do that quest at Cottonwood on another profile, and I don't remember them explaining anything, but I do remember their heads exploding because my science skill wasn't that high. As or the misfits, I did make them addicts, but not really for the lulz, it was just an attempt to weaken the NCR, but that kind of backfired.

I thought that guy got in trouble not because it was a drug, just because he was stealing it, and the dealers are shady because I'm pretty sure they were afraid the NCR would take it to use on their soldiers.

DustyDrB:

gideonkain:
I sided with the Yes Man because Mr. House was misleading as to what he really was (an AI), the NCR were trying to force their rule on people, the Legion was just a psycho band of weirdos.

House wasn't an AI, though...

Doh! That's right I forgot that...I just remembered the shock of walking into the penthouse to meet him and he's a big head on the screen.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked