Moments in Games that Made you Cry

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I only recently acquired and played through Super Metroid, and after playing as Samus Aran for such an extensive amount of time, when it was time to end the game, I literally cried. I could play the game again, but it wouldn't be the same as the first time I saw her spare that Metroid.

So to you I say, which characters made you cry in a video game and for what reason?

The end of Shadow of the Colossus, no real explanation needed.

The end of Red Dead Redemption. I defy someone not to at the end of that game. It really makes you feel.

The end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Both of them, actually. Anyone who thinks Pokemon can't make you cry hasn't played these games.

Okami, when all seemed lost and Yami would have ultimately won... if it weren't for one fantastic sidekick

Manly tears were shed when Mordin died in ME3. And Grunt's scene got close.
Such a shame all that emotion turned to hate when I got to the ending. Oh well.

People make fun of me for this but there is a few games I've at least got misty eyed at the end. Lunar, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9, and Grandia. I could go on youtube and pull up the ending to Xenogears and cry right now with the added effect of nostalgia.

Not only do the games story and characters invoke emotions, it sort of brings me back to a better time in my life when I was playing through these games.

Tazzy da Devil:
The end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Both of them, actually. Anyone who thinks Pokemon can't make you cry hasn't played these games.

Likewise...

I'd forgotten about that until now, but that was one of the first really emotional responses I got in a game

Haven't actually cried at a game but the closest I have come (which is damn close) are a few points during ME3 and the end of MGS3

Andy Shandy:
Haven't actually cried at a game but the closest I have guy (which is damn close) are a few points during ME3 and the end of MGS3

Yeah, I know what you mean about MGS3 as well as the others. Although they didn't make me actually cry, it did invoke some emotions. Chills and such.

The ending to the Human Noble Origin in Dragon Age Origins.

"We've had a good life, and done all we can. Now it's are children's turn."

"My place is with your father, to death and beyond."

That was possibly the most powerful and profound scene in my recent gaming memory.

Only possible contender would be the ending to RDR. Just the whole thing.

Forever and always: The ending of the original Kingdom Hearts. The ending to MGS3 works as well, but somehow I find it less sad, probably because it's less . . . noble? That ending is shaded with cynicism, and rightly so.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who shed manly tears at the end of RDR, especially after the credits started rolling and this song started playing.

I had the ending of Red Dead spoiled for me to, so I knew it was coming so it didn't have as big an impact on me that it could have. But this song helped pushed me over the edge.

Cave Story, the moment when you receive the item that allows you to breathe underwater. If you played it, you know what I mean.

Final Fantasy VII

Also

honestly: Kingdom hearts 2... though alot of nostalgia added to that

Say what you will about the ending, but jesus christ ME3 loved making me almost cry.

I mean look at this shit.

And there's many more, but I mean....
Jesus bioware!

Also losing Lydia in Skyrim gets pretty sad, but I don't know if that counts...

I'm sorry Legion...I'm so sorry...

XMark:
Cave Story, the moment when you receive the item that allows you to breathe underwater. If you played it, you know what I mean.

I reset the game, I was so upset at that time, I desperately wanted to change what happened...

The ending of Max Payne 2 struck a chord for me.

Probably the first time was when I did a dark side run in Jedi Knight. That was more from shock and horror than sadness. And I never watched that cinematic again.

After that, Throne of Bhaal, when you decide to become a god while romancing Jaheira. Or even if you decide not to become a god whle romancing Jaheira. Either way, tears, but different reasons.

The Night Angel:
The end of Red Dead Redemption. I defy someone not to at the end of that game. It really makes you feel.

Allow me to prove the exception to the rule. I was moved. Not to tears, but I was moved...and it was hard to take in.

OT: The Good ending of Bioshock. Or when you save your first little sister. Or when you hear a little sister cry for her Big Daddy every time. Oh hell, how about all of Bioshock

Also: The Ending of Earthbound and King Kong, when you fight your first T-Rex as Kong (to Save Ann), for me.

Duke Nukem Forever.

I cried after realising i'd waited 14 years and wasted 40 on a game that will end up propping up a broken legged coffee table next to my PC.

ME3, full-stop. Nothing else has come close. Mordin left me a mess, and when the next scene was Shepard dreaming... and... ugh. Then losing Legion, Tali, and the Quarians within a span of like 30 seconds. Yup. My brain was lagging noticeably behind, but my emotions knew what was up. Thane, Grunt (he got better), EDI's speech, Shepard/Anderson at the end... nothing hit me as hard as Mordin and Rannoch, but still, it was a ride.

Mass Effect 3 for almost everything. I mean, I could go into explanation, but that would take awhile.

Also, (but maybe because I was younger) Devil May Cry 3, and I'm pretty sure this isn't a spoiler, seeing as it's in the first damn cutscene, when Vergil stabs Dante and you think he's dead. Little old me loved the white haired half demon and cried for hours thinking he was dead.

The ending to Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.

It really hurt.

I decided to reinstall Defcon and play a game. I won my first match by decisevely using bombers and a hidden group of submarines off the coast of china to nuke most of the Pacific coast off the map.

As the explosions started, the numbers of dead began to pop up. I must have been in a sentimental mood because as the "X Million people dead" signs began to pop up, I silently started weeping. I had ended so many lives in just a few minutes.

The Night Angel:

your hands upon...a dead mans gun...

to make it even worse I somtimes think of Mass Effect 3 when listening to tht song...dear god

ME3 didnt make me cry but I felt some horrible feeling in my chest when it came to the end, and I barely slept that night

Heavy Rain

I was resistant to most of MGS4, however I found the ending to be very poignant, especially after Big Boss showed up.

I also must mention Mother 3.

Lucas...

Halo Reach: when a memebr of noble team died, I shred a manly tear.

Deus EX HR: Whne your poilt is killed in crash site if your not quick enough. You Killed her! I will murder all of you!!!!

ME3: nuff said.

there be a few others, but those made me cry the most.

Norrdicus:
Okami, when all seemed lost and Yami would have ultimately won... if it weren't for one fantastic sidekick

Really? That was cheesy and predictable.

I just thought of this one, the good ending for infamous 2. The speech that Zeke makes is incredibly touching

Haven't cried at a game, but as a kid I did come close when Lavitz was killed in Legend of Dragoon. My favorite character, and they killed him.

:(

I've teared up more times than I can count over video games, but ME3 messed me up. I wasn't crying during the sad moments, I was head-in-hands, UGLY sobbing. It was...bad. I've never been that emotional over a game, and doubt I ever will be again.
As for specific moments, every single death made me waffle, but the real blow came at the very end.
Saying goodbyes to your teammates hit me hard. I had to put down the controller for a good five minutes just so I could see through the tears.
Then, of course, the very end of the game. I was a wreck. I lost my Shepard, man! She was like my second head or vestigial limb or something.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked