Oh my god, it's...! (Voice Acting)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Vault101:

Tallim:

Jennifer Hale doesn't have a home, she has a luxury booth in a sound studio. Each morning they slide a tray of food under the door and a big stack of lines to read.

or they keep her locked in there because she is actually classified as "part of the audio equipment" and therefore doesnt need to be paid

I find that fact that you automatically knew who I was talking about pretty funny

when you are talking about the goddess, everyone knows who you are talking about.

TopazFusion:
Ahh yeah. These three being voiced by the same guy . . .

imageimageimage

When I watched Wrestlemania this year, I found myself shouting out to my brother "HOLY CRAP - THEY GOT ADMIRAL ANDERSON DO TO THE INTRO VOICE OVER!!!!!!!!" :p

Deus Ex Human Revolution has some of the same voice actors as Splinter Cell Conviction. More specifically, the guards share voice actors. It was pretty startling the first time I heard a Belltower Soldier talk in the same annoying, nasally voice as a random mook from Conviction. Also, Adam Jensen's voice actor also voices Andriy Kobin from Conviction.

Learning that the seductive Lust from Full Metal Alchemist shares the same VA as the eponymous character in Shin-chan gave me the need to lie down for a while.

Also, I fell in love with Grey DeLisle for how she played Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender, and later went back and recognized her as Frankie in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Vicky from Fairly Oddparents, and Mandy from The Grim Adventures.

Vault101:
anything involving Jennifer Hale

fucking cinderella from the disney seaquels?....BASTILLA??

I also have a sneaking suspicion a few of the Assari from ME3 are "the boss" from saints row 3

Yes, they actually are. Some of the asari are voiced by Laura Bailey, who also voices one of the female Boss voices in SR3. She also voices Rayne from the Bloodrayne video-game series. And she also voices Christine in New Vegas: Dead Money.

Yeah, I know. She's awesome.

Also, Jennifer Hale. She voices Naomi Hunter, FemShep, and Trishka from Bullestorm. I instantly recognized her voice when I first heard it there.

I just love Simon Templeman, with that perpetually evil voice of his. He sounds so sophisticated and cultured, that I just can't help but love him. When Templeman did Gavin Archer in Mass Effects 2 and 3, I just couldn't find it in my heart to hate the man that experimented on his autistic brother.

Deep down I knew it was wrong, what he did in the game, but my Shep just let it slide. Because I can't help but love that voice. I can just listen to Simon for hours and hours. I first heard him in Soul Reaver, and the next time he popped out when I was playing Uncharted. Again, I just loved the villain to death and forgot all about the fact that he's an asshole.

I reckon if Simon Templeman came up to me and told me, in his trademark silky smooth yet deeply sinister voice, "Give me all your money, this is a robbery", I'd pretty much just shutupandtakemymoney all over the place. Gotta love Simon.

I still find it hard to believe that Matthew Perry (or Chandler Bing to most people) played Benny in Fallout New Vegas..

Sam Worthington as Alex Mason in Black ops made me squeal (he;s one of my favorite actors)

Also Kim from hawaii 5-0 as Johnny gat in Saints Row XD

Look up Stephen Russell on IMDB sometime- or, heck, I'll do it for you. That's right. One man voiced Garrett, Karras, The Many, William Diego, Xerxes, Man O' War, Cerberus, Wadsworth, Mercer Frey, Clavicus Vile AND Barbaras. Not to mention a whole bunch of incidental characters.

Here you can hear him talking to himself.

I always smile when I hear Stephan Weyte voicing a character. That guy is great, and he's voiced some of my favorite characters of all time. Behold:

Also, in Sanitarium (an old point and click horror game), there were quite a few characters voiced by the same man who does Zordon's voice in the Power Rangers. It's really apparent when you play as the Aztec guy, in which he sounds almost exactly like everyone's favorite giant floating head wizard.

ChupathingyX:
I still remember the first time this happened to me.

"Dr. Neo Cortex is Mr. Krabs!?"

Since then I've always tried to pick out voice actors.

Seriously!? This took me by surprise! Same with the fact that Spyro the Dragon used to be SpongeBob!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I instantly-recognized the voice of Talwyn Apogee in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction as Tara Strong, who has also voiced Ben 10, Timmy Turner, Raven (Teen Titans), Twilight Sparkle, and hundreds of other characters.

Or how Red from Invader Zim is also voiced by the same guy who voices Renji in Bleach. I just wanna see a Bleach clip where someone's blood goes everywhere, and Renji blurts out "NOOOOO!!! Not all over the doughnuts!"

And, of course, Edward from FullMetal Alchemist and Yoshimaru off of Kekkaishi are both voiced by this... "Vin" guy or something or other. I also knew I recognized Lion-O's voice in the new ThunderCats series, and it turned out to be Will Friedle, the voice of Terry McGinnis from the follow-up of Batman: The Animated Series that came around the turn of the century, Batman Beyond.

By the way, a friend of mine was very excited to point this out. You know Tenzin from Avatar: The Legend of Korra? You know who else this guy is famous for voicing...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8glYx2qQx4

The roster for Warhammer 40k and Killzone games is a veritable who's-who of amazing actors that I idolize: Malcolm McDowell, Brian Cox, Jason Isaacs, Brian Blessed, Sean Pertwee, Mark Strong... it's almost too good to be true!

few weeks ago decided to try out swtor for a month to see how it held up in comparison to other mmos i tried.

playing Jedi, get to twi'lek village and talk to guy named Yuleph Phan who gives you quest to go and light a few fires along a road (some kind of test)
and i was like: hmm, his voice seem reaaaally familiar

*looks up voice actors for swtor*
*looks up other suspect on kh wikia*

Ansem the wise (Birth by Sleep) - Voice Actor: Corey Burton

Voice Actors in Swtor includes:
Corey Burton

My face when: O_O

Monxeroth:
few weeks ago decided to try out swtor for a month to see how it held up in comparison to other mmos i tried.

playing Jedi, get to twi'lek village and talk to guy named Yuleph Phan who gives you quest to go and light a few fires along a road (some kind of test)
and i was like: hmm, his voice seem reaaaally familiar

*looks up voice actors for swtor*
*looks up other suspect on kh wikia*

Ansem the wise (Birth by Sleep) - Voice Actor: Corey Burton

Voice Actors in Swtor includes:
Corey Burton

My face when: O_O

I love your avatar. That is all.

Wendee Lee voiced Haruhi in the english dub but also Zelkova and BlackRose in the dothack series
and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voiced Motoko Kusanagi (GITS SAC only),Helba and Bordaux

in other words Haruhi and Motoko play The World

Had one of these moments when the VA for Garrus (ME) popped up randomly as the voice of the US Sniper unit in Company of Heroes.

Also, watching Dog Soldiers and then playing MW2, realising that the lead in DS and Soap are the same bloke. He basically plays the same character, it's genius.

Sean Hollyman:
Yeah the MGS games have a lot of voice actors I recognize..

I was shocked when I found out Johnny Yong Bosch does voice acting for games o_O

Yeah, him.

i had to do a double take when i found out he was a power ranger ah those were the days back when i found that show interesting. he's one of my favorite voice actors.

Frank Welker. I'm still being surprised by the volume of stuff he's done, both in cartoons and live action. (Seriously, he's even done animal noises for live action TV.)

And then there's times when I'm looking back on an episode of the original G1 Transformers and there's a bunch of Decepticons onscreen and I realize often it's Frank Welker talking to himself... and himself... and himself. (Megatron, Skywarp, one of the Constructicons, Soundwave and I think ALL of Soundwave's tapes. All one guy!)

theCOLONEL:
I still find it hard to believe that Matthew Perry (or Chandler Bing to most people) played Benny in Fallout New Vegas..

Arcade Gannon is the fellow on the right (Zachary Levi).

Also, Miranda Lawson (Mass Effect 2 and 3) is in middle (Yvonne Strahovski) and Kal'Reegar (also Mass Effect 2 and 3) is the guy on the left (Adam Baldwin).

This actually happens to me a lot. The only one that immediately comes to mind is how amazed I was at the awesomeness of Tim Curry playing Doviculus in BrÜtal Legend.

In Skyrim, the elf at the bottom of the 7000 steps. I was climbing them thinking, "I know that voice." By the time I'd reached the top, it had hit me. "Wait, it's Rosh Penin!?" (I know he does a lot of background characters in there too, but that was when I first noticed).

TopazFusion:
Ahh yeah. These three being voiced by the same guy . . .

imageimageimage

Seriously? I went though the whole thread and nobody brought up this?

When I found out Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist was also Junpei Iori from Persona 3....

217not237:
When I found out Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist was also Junpei Iori from Persona 3....

he's also Kurz Weber from full metal panic and the bad ass bald guy from bleach if you know what i mean if not no cookie

You could make a drinking game out when you hear Hale in any DC/Marvel series and the clone wars.

Popadoo:
Suddenly, Tara Strong everywhere.
Seriously, who would have guessed Harley Quinn from Arkham City is actually Timmy Turner in disguise? Or a magical unicorn? Or Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls.

or both Princess Clara and Toot Braunstein from Drawn Together... which reminds me of this.

...there really need to be more compilations of her kiddie characters overlaid with voices from her more *ahem* adult-themed characters. 'tis awesome.

Crazy Zaul:
You could make a drinking game out when you hear Hale in any DC/Marvel series and the clone wars.

i was listening to her on totally spies and the voice sounds a bit different then what i heard when she is femshep

When I found out that Gordon Freeman was voiced by the same guy as Gromit from "Wallace and Gromit", I freaked.

ChupathingyX:
I still remember the first time this happened to me.

"Dr. Neo Cortex is Mr. Krabs!?"

And Kurrgan from Highlander

When I found out that Frank Tenpenny from San Andreas was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. He always sound familliar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Then I watched Snakes on a Plane, and the first thing that popped into mind upon seeing Tenpenny again was: ''I have had it with these motherf*king gangsters in my motherf*cking hood!''

I actually had a moment like that the other day.

In The Avengers, think to that secret council that Nick Fury talks to several times in the movie. I'll bet that the lead guy sounds familiar, doesn't he? As I watched The Avengers a second time, it hit me where I had heard him before:

That's right, he was Gorilla Grodd in Justice League.

Furyaki12:
Learning that the seductive Lust from Full Metal Alchemist shares the same VA as the eponymous character in Shin-chan gave me the need to lie down for a while.

Also, I fell in love with Grey DeLisle for how she played Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender, and later went back and recognized her as Frankie in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Vicky from Fairly Oddparents, and Mandy from The Grim Adventures.

How would you feel if there was a video of Grey DeLisle using her Azula voice as a sexy vampire?

Fable 3, many times.

Wait never mind I was wrong. Please disregard.

Soviet Heavy:
Play New Vegas, listen to Mr. House. Know who it is?

I helped Mr. House for the sole fact he was Odo, I figured he could shift the shape of the fortunes of people living in the area.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked