Diablo 3: Thoughts so far

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

When hasn't a multiplayer title had a good launch?

And when haven't people not complained about it?

Things will be all fixed in a week. They will be semi fixed within a few hours I'm sure.

Anyways! The intro scene seems nice. As that has been all I've seen so far.

Lucyfer86:
Well my fucking (sorry about the language) postal office didn't even bring my copy today.
So my feelings are freaking pissed off right now. I hope you guys enjoy the game (those that have been able to log into the game)

P.S FU postal service, seriously. You have had the game in your office since last thursday...

If they've had it that long and they didn't deliver it today are you sure someone there didn't steal the thing? It's happened before.

Load spikes aren't a technology problem, they're a $$ problem. Which is why Amazon Web Services exists. Did BlizzaVision not have the time/resources to create a bunch of images on Amazon and have them ready to spin up when they hit the inevitable release day load spike? They can always spin those images down post release week when the extra capacity wasn't needed. Sounds like a bottom line decision to me.

I'm loving Diablo 3, I have a barbarian named FistRockbone :)

Edit: Getting the game downloaded then up and running was an exercise in hair pulling frustration but that part's over now

Rogal_Ursus:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy

All the haters need to STFU!!! Blizzard knew exactly what they were getting into. They know what the hell they are dong. Give them some f'in credit. If you can't handle that, turn your copy back in and get your money back. Plain and simple. Don't buy a copy of a game then whine and moan that you can't play it the minute the online servers go live. It doesn't work that way. D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE!!! This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers. Any server that is allocated to the game is going to see hundred of thousands of users logging on at once. Server busy errors are going to happen. DEAL WITH IT!!!

This was a very highly anticipated game and they wanted enjoyment for all, instead of doing staggered releases for it. It wouldn't be fair for one country to be able to play it first, especially with a game as huge as D3.

As far as load balancing the servers, to be able to balance something, you have to find out the extremes. In the article, Blizz was calling for login delays to control the flow. If the servers crashed at launch, D3 would be DOA and Blizz would have a huge amount of egg on the face, a major quarterly loss, followed my mass layoffs.

A lot of us gamers are currently unemployed. I myself have been without a job since last Nov. On my system, I have no shortage of alternate games I can play. I'll wait a few days for them to get the kinks out. Launch day is just asking too much.

(For any of those I have offended, grow a backbone will ya!)

It's asking to much for the game to be operable at launch? HAHAHA

Really? I smell so much fanboy its scary. Blizzard has been working on this game for around a decade, this shit should have been foreseen and dealt with.

Which it would be if they didn't have the pants on head retarded always online DRM.

I give them no credit, they run an MMO, THEY SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.

And why should players return their money that they spent on a product that they WANT to play but CAN'T because the company is incompetent? As a consumer they have rights to what they bought.

Stop sticking up for Blizzard, they fucked up, plain and simple.

(And this isn't even mentioning the GAME BREAKING BUGS.)

I got a bit of time in. Got to level 4, and I'm really liking it. I'm having some trouble microing because I'm a Demon Hunter and if I misclick I charge the enemy. Mechanics are fine, gameplay is great.

Unfortunately for me, the server I was on shut down, put me in a queue, and now won't let me log back on.

I will wait though. My body is ready. as it has been for years.

Keeping up with this thread requires more clicking than actually playing Diablo 3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603

It's almost as entertaining as well.

When the servers aren't being worked on, the game is a lot of fun. I am already having ideas of what the story is going to turn into, and want to play so I can see how it develops. That being said, how many times do they need to fix the servers in one day?

Capitano Segnaposto:

First off, LoL has been out for how many years now? Didn't Diablo III come out like... less than 15 hours ago?

So an example of how to do it has been out a while. Shouldn't Blizzard have been able to see that's how to do it?

Ranorak:

Yes, sometimes new features might bring some unwanted annoyances.
But it's not like you could have seen it coming right?
It's not like thus was ANNOUNCED: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy
It's not like you could have waited a few hours until the rush died down!?

They announce that they wont have their game working right. Yay for them?

And you buy it for launch day to be able to play on launch day. Not the day after. It's a little inconvenience, but that doesn't mean that it's not a valid gripe.

Ranorak:

Nurb:

Ranorak:

Really?
It seems backward to you to change from a single/multi player system, to a fluid system where you can hop into your friends game at will. A system where you don't have a separate character for off-line and on-line. A system that offers a more secure model with less cheats and hacks.

I'm sorry, but always online is the future.
And I for one enjoy it.

Not just the ease it lets me connect and play with my friends, but also how it lets me chat with those that still play WoW or Starcraft 2.

Diablo 2

>Get game
>Go home
>Install it
>Play

Diablo 3

>Get game
>Go home
>Install it
>sign up for account
>connect to server
>server error
>Deal with DRM BULLSHIT
>Dont get to play

Behold. The future!

500 years ago.
>Done from Work
>Hop on Horse
>get home

Now
>Done from Work
>Get in Car
>Stuck in traffic
>find a parking spot
>Get home

Behold The Future.

Yes, sometimes new features might bring some unwanted annoyances.
But it's not like you could have seen it coming right?
It's not like thus was ANNOUNCED: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy
It's not like you could have waited a few hours until the rush died down!?

WE shouldn't have to do jack diddly squat, WE paid to PLAY blizzards crap the day it was released.

This is THEIR fault for being a bunch of greedy ass retards what with their "always online" bullshit.

This sort of thing wasn't an issue 3 years ago. If I ever decide to give Blizzard my money for this game, I'll hold off on installing it until someone figures out a way to crack the game and disable the need to always be online, and just download THAT version.

(No, I am not advocating piracy, I'm saying that if I give someone money for a product that doesn't work, I'm entitled to download a modified version of it that DOES what it's SUPPOSED TO DO. It's not piracy if I actually give them my money first. Just covering my ass here.)

Rogal_Ursus:
D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE!!! This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers.

WRONG.

The Russians won't have it until early June.

Please get your facts right next time.

usmarine4160:
I'm loving Diablo 3, I have a barbarian named FistRockbone :)

Edit: Getting the game downloaded then up and running was an exercise in hair pulling frustration but that part's over now

We should totes play together, I went Witch Doctor, and I have a Hex Fetish that heals.

Healer LFM.

gamma:

Rogal_Ursus:
D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE!!! This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers.

WRONG.

>.>

doesn't really change the fact that pretty much every country with the internet has D3 now. thus ya know ... lots of people at once -.-

anyway, i got to play a little before they brought the servers down again, so far, its just like the beta, which was enjoyable

Since My copy is arriving friday, my only gripe is with part of the story that has been shown.

I kinda bothers me the introduction of an army of angels.

I Know they want to go big and boombastic, but I kinda liked it more when it was an unfair fight. There were how many evil things comming to get me? a million? Oh more? And we are.... me? fuck...

Lunar Templar:

gamma:

Rogal_Ursus:

WRONG.

>.>

doesn't really change the fact that pretty much every country with the internet has D3 now. thus ya know ... lots of people at once -.-

anyway, i got to play a little before they brought the servers down again, so far, its just like the beta, which was enjoyable

I never said that it wasn't almost every country with internet. This person, however, did. They said, and I quote, "ALL the markets", implying that it's been released in every country, which it hasn't.

gamma:

Lunar Templar:

gamma:

WRONG.

>.>

I never said that it wasn't almost every country with internet. This person, however, did. They said, and I quote, "ALL the markets", implying that it's been released in every country, which it hasn't.

well, to be fair, when they market it as a global release, one would logically assume, that means every one got it.

I'd say 'sucks for Russia' but they'll get it after the server bugs are worked out >.>

Rogal_Ursus:
If you can't handle that, turn your copy back in and get your money back. Plain and simple...D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE!!!

You can't return a digital product/a product with an activation/cd-key. Especially not after you've already "attached it" to your battle.net account. But you know, piracy and used games grrr evil. Need more DLC.

And as to the release...it was released at 00:01 Monday 14th LOCAL TIME. This means that they had one hour between each batch of players, spread across all their servers worldwide. They knew exactly what to expect.

Get your facts straight before you start spouting provocative fanboy-crap you don't know anything about.

Shit, 1 post. That explains it.

Capitano Segnaposto:

Frostbite3789:

Dags90:
Would be slightly bearable if there was a queue system. The "just try logging in again in a minute" system is ridiculous.

If a free to play game in LoL can have a login queue, what's stopping Blizzard from giving D3 one?

First off, LoL has been out for how many years now? Didn't Diablo III come out like... less than 15 hours ago?

Secondly, isn't the Diablo III team completely different than the StarCraft and WarCraft and Project Titan Teams?

The Diablo 3 team is almost completely different to the Diablo 2 team :P

Queue system isn't so damn hard to put in, they already have everything they need just by looking at WoW. Just take that shit and put it in. The minuscule amount of work that would require is definitely worth avoiding all the bad press they've got now.

Acrisius:
And as to the release...it was released at 00:01 Monday 14th LOCAL TIME. This means that they had one hour between each batch of players, spread across all their servers worldwide. They knew exactly what to expect.

Get your facts straight before you start spouting provocative fanboy-crap you don't know anything about.

I'm pretty sure it was released at 12:01 am PDT for the "Americas" region. So actually they each server group all trying to log in at once.

Those in glass houses, etc.

Dags90:

Acrisius:

I'm pretty sure it was released at 12:01 am PDT for the "Americas" region. So actually they each server group all trying to log in at once.

Those in glass houses, etc.

And yet basically nobody could play within one hour anyway :D

Have been on the game 3 times since release. Not had to queue or keep trying to log in at all.

ugh, whatever, there's no point in raging about the login servers and the people that apparently didn't see this coming.

shrekfan246:

Frostbite3789:
The menu is nice. It has a very nice..."Servers are busy" message. I guess.

It certainly is a nice menu, huh? I'm mostly posting this because it has now been twelve hours since you started this thread and the American servers are still down so... I can't get in to the game. Maybe I'll just go back to The Witcher 2...

We're now at the 21 hour mark. Servers still down. What a great release. This has to be the worst release of a non-MMO I've had the displeasure to be a part of.

dcrane:
Load spikes aren't a technology problem, they're a $$ problem. Which is why Amazon Web Services exists. Did BlizzaVision not have the time/resources to create a bunch of images on Amazon and have them ready to spin up when they hit the inevitable release day load spike? They can always spin those images down post release week when the extra capacity wasn't needed. Sounds like a bottom line decision to me.

All the money that could've gone into that instead went into having giant full page ads on every site on the internet.

So anyone completed the game yet? I heard that some Koreans finished the game in 6 hours. I mean sure they are Asian! But still. 6 to 10 hours for the full campaign for 60 bucks? I think I'll pass that!.

Dio:
So anyone completed the game yet? I heard that some Koreans finished the game in 6 hours. I mean sure they are Asian! But still. 6 to 10 hours for the full campaign for 60 bucks? I think I'll pass that!.

I don't think anyone has completed Inferno yet, it'll be some time before that. I think people are starting to get into Hell now on UK servers. I'm in Act 3 at the moment.

Alright now can I say the launch was a failure?

Seems the servers are down. Or they were an hour ago. Seems like a good game. Just wish I could play it...

Oh, and I just pre-ordered Torchlight 2. :p

So...

HOW'S THE ALWAYS-ON DRM WORKING OUT FOR YOU?

My guess is if the servers aren't running perfectly in less than a week, the mass exodus back to other, less shitty, games will occur.

Frostbite3789:

dcrane:

All the money that could've gone into that instead went into having giant full page ads on every site on the internet.

you'd think, but .... ya know, advertising >.>

anyway, i've been on it twice, both times the game it self ran like a champ.

case your wondering, i have one character just past the skeleton king, and one about to break her foot off in his hind end >.> I'd probably be further if i didn't explore every square inch of map space

Lunar Templar:

Frostbite3789:

dcrane:

you'd think, but .... ya know, advertising >.>

anyway, i've been on it twice, both times the game it self ran like a champ.

case your wondering, i have one character just past the skeleton king, and one about to break her foot off in his hind end >.> I'd probably be further if i didn't explore every square inch of map space

I have that problem too. I think I did that cemetary part at least 3 times in order to get the jar of souls quest done too for absolutely no reason other than it is super fun.

On topic, really enjoyin it right now. My first character was planned to be a Wizard, but my partners weren't ready when the servers came up so I messed around as a Demon Hunter. That was a whole lot more fun than I expected it to be. Vault, especially when you get your first passive, is so much fun.

completed story and normal mode last night. As to be expected of blizzard game... amazing :) now moving on to Nightmare ^^ also i live in Europe.. the sever has been a bit unstable but only had 2 dc's... and yeah i know the americas server is down :P

When I actually got in to play, I made a barbarian named "Dave".. It's pretty good, from what I can tell. Can't say one way or another how it stacks up to Diablo 1 or 2, didn't play it.

EA makes Online Only Game = internet explodes into hate.
Ubisoft makes Online Only Game = internet explodes into hate.
Blizzard makes Online Only Game with worse issues than any previous Online Only titles to date = Gamers are self entitled - just cause you paid, doesn't mean you deserve to play your game.

I don't usually like to pour venom out, but honestly: gamers deserve to be treated like scum.

Zeh Don:
EA makes Online Only Game = internet explodes into hate.
Ubisoft makes Online Only Game = internet explodes into hate.
Blizzard makes Online Only Game with worse issues than any previous Online Only titles to date = Gamers are self entitled - just cause you paid, doesn't mean you deserve to play your game.

I don't usually like to pour venom out, but honestly: gamers deserve to be treated like scum.

WoW does that to people. Remember, World of Warcraft saved the world multiple times while curing cancer. Ubisoft and EA's blood is a mixture of oil and concentrated evil.

Amazing how "liking" something removes everything negative about it. We call those unfortunate souls "Fanboys".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked