Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Robert de Sablé AC 1 and Terminator/human reaper ME2

Robert is built up all throughout the game, in the end he is the only one on one battle in the whole game after you have been fighting through entire legions of enemies, and he is only a slightly faster AI to make him special, still with the same attack patterns and falls to the same tricks...
and because of the fact that he fights you alone, when you knock him down once you can change to the hidden blade quickly and kill him with 1 single stab.
20s fight...

To this day i still don't know how the human Reaper is suppoused to pose a big threat to Shepard, you hold on to cover and it does nothing, it's just a matter of slowly but surely take out it's health, once i figured it couldn't do a thing, i was expecting that there would be a further level to it, you know, one of those bosses that once you get him down to a certain health level they start fighting 3 times as hard and agressively... but no that was all there was to him...

MardukGKoB:
Diablo himself from the first Diablo game. Several people I know killed him accidently without him being on screen, in a couple of cases (including mine) not even knowing he was there. I played an archer and put almost everything into an electrical attack that scattered out along the floor. It did a ton of damage in a large area and I could cast it almost continuously.

I knew I was near the end of the game, but when I got jumped by a bunch of tough-looking things I didn't expect that to be Diablo's room. I over-spammed my electric attack, and killed Diablo off-screen while he was still far enough away to not activate. The game ended while I was still waiting for my electric attacks to stop, and I didn't get the ending I assume because Diablo never activated.

A friend saw Diablo and didn't think he was ready for the fight, so he summoned some golems to cover his retreat and ran away. The golems killed Diablo before he could exit the level. At least he activated Diablo and got the ending...

I beat diablo up close on the psx version. Like you I put all points into offense (very little in health). Heh I just setup a hot key on my health potions and spammed him at point blank. He's a pushover even activated. I had the girl (the rogue?). Her ending was kind of messed up.

mitchell271:

Father Time:

I didn't even know that was an option, how do I do it and what happens if you die with them turned off?

Options -> Gameplay options; it's at the bottom, "Disable Vita-Chambers"
You just respawn from your last save. Makes you really love your quick-save key. Also, I don't recommend doing this on consoles. Saving just takes longer and the flow of the game will feel severely broken.

I only have a console version. So I'll save every 10 minutes or so.

The final Ghirahim boss fight in Skyward Sword was very easy for me (on Normal Mode)

Four for the price of one in Mass Effect 3.

The last battle of the game

The actual bosses:
Harbinger

The Illusive Man
& the {REDACTED} Starbrat

Any major boss fight in Borderlands 2. Any.

Considering how often I seem to die in this game because I'm terrible, the bosses (and the end boss in particular) seemed to just never be able to deal any damage to me.

Lord Gwyn from Dark Souls....god the parries!

NLS:
That final boss at the end of Far Cry. After fighting through many attempts at surviving those goddamn trigen mutants with goddamn rocket launchers fixed to their arms, I finally made it to the office or whatever of that professor that had gone insane. I just threw in a grenade into his room and then the credits rolled.

That and in Darksiders, I found The Griever insanely easy, especially after fighting Tiamat, who took me about 6 or 7 tries to beat.

The Warrior from Borderlands 2, assuming you're playing as the Gunzerker and decked out to the balls with machineguns and Torgue shotguns.

Didn't even die once.

The Last boss fight to the first Assassin's Creed, one of what appeared to be a clone attacked my and I countered with the Hidden Blade. Turned out it was the real one; the fight lasted I think 5 seconds.

Kind of cheating, because this is probably possible in any given RPG if you overlevel, but in Borderlands 1, the original 2nd playthorught the first boss showed up, said his badass line and all of the presentation in all its 10 secs glory, battle starts and I just run towards him and shotgunned him once and he died. LOL. I mean, I knew I was overleveled since most normal enemies died in 1 hit, but I didnt expect it to get THAT bad so I could 1 hit kill a boss! (Thats the only one I managed to kill in 1 hit thougt. They gradually got better, althougt still fairly easy).

OT: The final boss of Rule of Rose. Given how frustrating the combat makes every boss before then, the final boss (through either the "bad" method or the true method) was easy. But oh well, anyone who actually made it to the end of the game was in it purely for the story because hope for good gameplay was gone long ago in Rule of Rose.

EDIT: Whoops, quoted the wrong post haha. Regardless, the end of Fable 2 sucked. Good day.

Machine Man 1992:
The Warrior from Borderlands 2, assuming you're playing as the Gunzerker and decked out to the balls with machineguns and Torgue shotguns.

Didn't even die once.

Actually, I had no trouble playing as Zero (on playthrough 1 as I haven't got far in True Vault Hunter Mode yet), Handsome Jack was easily killed with Decepti0n and Many Must Fall (anything that wasn't him died in one hit), and the Warrior died pretty easily because of my 12,000-odd damage rocket launcher, the scopeless sniper rifle, and my sticky longbow mirvs that released 9 child grenades. Considering how much I died on the way there, I expected more... I only took health damage from it once, and didn't even go into second wind or use any ammo things once. I was only level 34 and dinged to 35 at the end. Seriously, BNK-3R gave me more trouble (I scummed my way through it by hiding under the ring, near the spawn, and shooting at it with my pistol that shot explosive ammo). Also, I accidentally Willhelm with my rocket launcher before they finished speaking.

The OP's one was also easy, I was doing a non-lethal playthrough, but I had all of these mines that had accumulated, and a shotgun, spam mines around the field, hear an explosion, go up to her and shoot her a couple of times, rinse and repeat until death. I didn't even bother getting the Typhoon Missiles (they just didn't really appeal to me). Also, the last boss was easy, disable shields, stand on something above the floor, shoot at her with a laser, end. That was insanely easy for me.

Pinwheel on Dark Souls. That guy was an incredible pushover, I had a white phantom with me, we both just two-handed our weapons (I was using a Lightning Great Scythe +4, he was using a Halberd (I think)) and killed him very quickly. Bear in mind that this was New Game +. The Gaping Dragon wasn't too difficult, as long as you didn't get caught by his legs or acid.

Nothing really gave me too much trouble on Dragon's Dogma, it was just a case of being patient as it's health slowly chipped down and waiting for your mage to be intelligent enough to imbue your weapon with the right element...

Fable 2 had Lucien, but then again, I suppose that he was only human, I think that the technical last boss was the Great Shard (if I remember the name correctly).

The last boss in Demon's Souls was incredibly easy, but that was really just proving a point in pretty much the same way that Demon's and Dark Souls prove points.

The very very very very last boss of Final Fantasy VII was also easy, I don't think it was possible to lose...unless you just did nothing, I suppose

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn in general, no game overs (Summon Rush in Dark Dawn pretty much annihilated all (especially the pair that kept using Firework, but it didn't work because I had no active Djinni))... same with Suikoden: Tierkreis.

And I have forgotten most other games that I played... ah well, I may remember them later...oh yeah, Sonic Adventure 2, the very last boss of the last story, where you are in space (the one before that was a bitch).

Resident evil IV....that pompous little prick.

So you fight one of his bodyguards who is tough as nails and to have any chance of beating him (even with rocket launchers) you have to freeze him with conveniently placed liquid nitrogen canisters. Now when you face the main man himself he has his other, identical bodyguard with him and there are no nearby nitrogen canisters but he isn't taking any chances. He fuses together with his bodyguard and the queen source of all the enemies you have seen until now. Basically the toughest of the tough together with a nearly invincible enemy and a main controller of the enemy...He died in a single rocket hit.

I know I used the rocket launcher but there is something wrong with fusing together and becoming weaker rather than just saying "kill him" and win. It's like the hulk taking steroids and getting a mech-suit but for some reason it turns him into a common housefly.

TheDarkKing:

NLS:
That final boss at the end of Far Cry. After fighting through many attempts at surviving those goddamn trigen mutants with goddamn rocket launchers fixed to their arms, I finally made it to the office or whatever of that professor that had gone insane. I just threw in a grenade into his room and then the credits rolled.

That and in Darksiders, I found The Griever insanely easy, especially after fighting Tiamat, who took me about 6 or 7 tries to beat.

The Griever is the Spider lady right? Or the worm?

Nevermind... I think the only that gave me trouble was the bat, even that took me only 2 retrys to beat.

Poor Destroyer, I don't think that guy actually had a chance...

And I grind my teeth at anyone who is saying the final boss of Borderlands 2. I hated that motherfucker with a passion. Mainly because I kept getting randomly instantly killed. It happened twice as soon as I stepped into ther arena. So much so I had to beat it by cheating.

Shoggoth2588:

As for bosses your fight on your own...I dunno, Ifrit from Final Fantasy VIII? I mean, you can grind your way up to Demi-Godhood before taking him on so that makes things almost insultingly easy.

That'll be Ifrit the VERY first boss? Hardly a let down!

I'm sure some people will disagree with me here, but the final boss in No More Heroes (Jeane) seemed way to easy to me. I found it very easy to deal with her and clear the game, while I had to continue about four times fighting Bad Girl.

The Warrior in Borderlands 2, He never hit me, not even once i just shoot at his chest with any weapon until he dies and he is never able defend himself in any way.

Any boss fight in sonic generations.

Well, for all the hype the Big Bad of Oblivion had he was beat through the power of cut-scenes.

Rabish Bini:
Darth Nihilus in Knights of the Old Republic II

Can eat planets, but gets squashed like an ant.

You know, I can't even remember how I killed him. It was conversation, presses a couple of buttons, more conversation, he's dead. Wut?

I think all the final bosses were super easy in that game. Way underwhelming compared to the first one. Can you blame LucasArts for that one too?

OT: The end boss in Bully made me not want to play it anymore. And the end boss (before EC) in ME3. And well...KotOR II I guess.

End game of RAGE. God i hated it. i guess its not really a "boss" but then again are not bosses in the whole game... Horrible horrible ending

The Mega InnerPlanetary Ninja Assissin at the end of the Claptraps New Robolution for Borderlands 1 DLC. Hide between a rock and the rock wall and shoot his eye between the 3 second intervuls of the eye laser shots. the only thing about this battle is that it can be VERY time consuming

Ausman Saddler from RES Evil 4 on Professional mode. Shoot him 1 friggin' time with the PRL 14? is that what its called? The Laser Gun from Star Trek. One Shot Kill. don't even have to mess around with the special Rocket Launcher Ada throws your way after you stab his eye 6 or 7 times. piece of CAKE!

Magenera:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick. Also Dragon Dogma, was told the white hydra would be hard, within a few seconds using High Bolide he is done. I am forgetting a few bosses.

Yeah i totally agree. i ddin't even take out his Surveyors. it took literally 10 sec on TVH mode. Jack is Ridiculously easy too. if you hit him with an elemental you can see where he is becuase of the DoT points flying everywhere and then just shotgun him to shit. i do have to say that Axtons turret is HORRIBLE in that map. all it did for me was shoot at Rakks or waste ammo and rockets on Crystalisks. speaking of which if you have a somewhat high powered Vladof Sniper Rifle The Warrior is cake too. blast his chest and get tons of CIT HITs untill jack tells him to dive. I farmed this boss many a time before going into TVH mode.

Gaping dragon in dark souls. Telegraphs his attacks to such an extent where if you get caught by one your either an idiot or a beginner. Dude has a fairly large amount of health but that boss requires no skill whatsoever.

Nieroshai:

bullet_sandw1ch:

Magenera:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick. Also Dragon Dogma, was told the white hydra would be hard, within a few seconds using High Bolide he is done. I am forgetting a few bosses.

yes. wilhelm was a cakewalk. also:

Were you over-levelled? He was ridiculously tough for me, my decoy ability saved my bacon.

nope. i was two levels below him.

Stripes:
Gaping dragon in dark souls. Telegraphs his attacks to such an extent where if you get caught by one your either an idiot or a beginner. Dude has a fairly large amount of health but that boss requires no skill whatsoever.

Unless you get caught just at the end of the hitbox (I have accidentally been hit by his legs whilst going for a rather bold tactic of trying to be as close to him as possible so that I can actually get some good hits in before he decides to fly). The other option is if you fail to leave yourself with enough stamina to get away (this can be a problem even with the Grass Crest Shield). I still say that Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss, assuming you rush him and don't let him get too many clones out... pinwheel skeletons, on the other hand, are probably the bane of my existence, alongside skeleton beasts.

Chaosmancer:

Stripes:

Unless you get caught just at the end of the hitbox (I have accidentally been hit by his legs whilst going for a rather bold tactic of trying to be as close to him as possible so that I can actually get some good hits in before he decides to fly). The other option is if you fail to leave yourself with enough stamina to get away (this can be a problem even with the Grass Crest Shield). I still say that Pinwheel is probably the easiest boss, assuming you rush him and don't let him get too many clones out... pinwheel skeletons, on the other hand, are probably the bane of my existence, alongside skeleton beasts.

Fuck those guys. Pinwheel can be tricky if you dont know what to expect, if you treat him like you would any other boss (with hesitation) he will kick your arse. If you are careful with the gaping dragon he can do very little.

Alduin in Skyrim. Once you pop off a marked for death, it takes like 3 arrows.

Dark Souls: I found Nito to be somewhat easy compared to the other Lord bosses, then again I did have a +5 Artorias Greatsword, but still. Pinwheel was also incredibly easy. Come to think of it the only real dangers in the catacombs/tomb is the height and traps.

Demons Souls: Obvious answer is King Allant and the Monk (when offline or no players around). Not so obvious answer, Leechmonger and Dirty Colossus. Bring a bunch of firebombs or have flame toss, and things finish surprisingly quickly

Arkham City: The final boss with Clayface, but only after the fact. I assumed he was the second-to-last boss so didn't put much thought into his easiness until I realized "No, he is the final boss, and he's incredibly easy for a final boss"

Metal Gear Solid 2: The Vamp boss battle. For one thing the guy had been hyped up as this invincible super being, and even when introducing the boss area it seems like it will be really challenging. Just save grenade launcher ammo though and he'll go down pretty quickly, which was kind of disappointing.

Taurus demon in Dark Souls (IF you use the Lightning coating on your weapon). Only IF you use that. I just found it out since i wanted to kill him quick. Covered my blade in lightning and jesus christ, he didn't have a prayer.

Jack and The Warrior in Borderlands 2.

I had more trouble with the enemies leading up to them. :/

Tallim:
only a mini-boss but this one from Bulletstorm....

Yeah I loved that, first you see the pool of acid and sarcastically say to yourself "gee I wonder whats gonna happen here?" then the monster and think to yourself "Oh for Christ sake I already see what to do here, its gonna be tiresome trying to get him into that pool" and then he just trips over and falls in :D. So good.

OT God of War has a stellar boss fight with one of the Olympian gods, must have taken me at least 20 tries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVMmBvr0Ds

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked