Your latest gem.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Resonance of fate:
It's combat mechanic is enjoyable and the story might take a while to pick up but it gets really good! Only flaws are the annoying amount of grinding you have to do (even for an RPG) and the quite simply overuse of perversion and creepiness between some characters...other than that it's brilliant!

Daystar Clarion:

White_Lama:
Halo 4, been waiting since it was announced, not disappointed in the slightest.
Definetly my GOTY.

Daystar Clarion:

OT: Newest game is Halo 4. Haven't even played the campaign yet, as I've always seen the single player aspect of the franchise as being severely overrated.

Multiplayer is a blast though.

Never thought I'd say this to your highness, but seriously, are you barking mad?
Go and play the campaign now! It's epic! Best campaign in the series up to date (at least according to this here extreme fanboy).

Highness? :D

I've never liked the Halo storyline, and the campaigns are just boring.

Multiplayer is what I plays 'dem for :D

Highness indeed! Or however you say it in your crazy English language.

But... but... but... Forerunners!

White_Lama:

Daystar Clarion:

White_Lama:
Halo 4, been waiting since it was announced, not disappointed in the slightest.
Definetly my GOTY.

Never thought I'd say this to your highness, but seriously, are you barking mad?
Go and play the campaign now! It's epic! Best campaign in the series up to date (at least according to this here extreme fanboy).

Don't even know what they are, that's how much the campaign bored me :D

Dishonored. The Outsider fascinates me. And I seem to fascinate him. I feel like we're getting along famously.

Daystar Clarion:

White_Lama:

Daystar Clarion:

My world is hereby turned upside down.

Well, at least you liked the multiplayer so I'll try and forgive you and rebuild my viewpoints on life.

Nothing's been interesting me lately in the realms of new games, Dishonored looks awesome but 60 bucks for a game just never appealed.

So I've been playing Skyrim again.

Slightly off topic, my cousin and friend have been insisting I record a playthrough of an old SEGA Genesis game: Ranger X on the hardest mode and put it on youtube. I can beat the game without dying on the hardest mode but I don't see the point:
A- it's a very unknown game
B- who cares who beats what on what difficulty?
C- tacos.

White_Lama:

Daystar Clarion:

White_Lama:

My world is hereby turned upside down.

Well, at least you liked the multiplayer so I'll try and forgive you and rebuild my viewpoints on life.

I'm sorry.

I'll be sure to be a better role model in the future.

Probably Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. The pixel art in the game is just beautiful and the soundtrack in the game is really magnificent. I bought it during a Steam sale not that long ago and rebought it for my Galaxy S2 in the current Humble Bundle so that I now have that, along with another favourite of mine, Eufloria on my phone. I like Eufloria better on PC, but it's still great to have it on the go.

Spec Ops: the line
Most impressive story ever told in a shooter (or any other genre i`ve played, this is great movie quality) and the gameplay is solid too. The shotguns and the Desert Eagle deliver a great impact and make the shooting fun despite the games story background.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. This is my favorite melee combat system by a margin of about that much (imagine me stretching my arms out a long way).

I don't even usually like multiplayer games of this style, but holy shit I love this game. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun playing a game.

Torchlight II

I bought the original one back in 2010 on a steam sale and it was fun, but I really lost interest towards the end and was pretty much just grinding my way to the end. The sequel has a lot of potential, but I find the story to be pretty lame, and pretty much plays out like that mediocre Hunted: The Demon's Forge from last year where you have one goal that has moved on by the time you get there. It's left me pretty unmotivated so I've started playing Diablo III which has a far more interesting story. So I guess those are my two games, although I think I"m also going to buy Spec Ops: The Line and play it over the Thanksgiving weekend because my girlfriend is going to visit her family.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown.

I was excited/afraid for this game. I've bought every single X-Com game, and the last few instalments (Interceptor/Enforcer) made me feel bad for the franchise. But this is not just a great reboot, it also streamlines the gameplay immensely, making it more fun and less reliable on micromanagement.

I am very, very pleased.

Assassins Creed 3. I am fairly early in the campaign, and kind of getting boring. Maybe I am missing something, or maybe its just early, but it feels extremely clumsy compared with 2...

XCOM. What a game... If you haven't played it, at least try the demo. Its the most fun and tension I had in a long time. The addictive game design of Firaxis combined with the ruthlessness of the best tactic games out there. It will punch you in the face, kick you in the groin, and call you names... and you will love every moment of it.

I just bought Costume Quest and I enjoy it a lot. Has a "South Park"-y feel to it, sort of. It seems like losing battles has no negative consequences, though, which is odd?

Let's see...a week or two ago, a friend gifted me Bioshock on Steam, and I finally got around to playing it- and it's awesome. How the hell did I miss this game back when it came out?
Another friend was insisting I try Dark Souls but it has no demo, so I ended up renting it. It's quite an enjoyable game and the difficulty is only bothersome if you let it get to you (Though I didn't actually find it all that difficult, I think people are just wimps). That said, I did send it back before I finished it, but it was actually because I got bored of it, due to it eventually dropping any kind of motivation to give the player. Good game while it lasted, though.

And if the topic will allow me to get away with it, I've actually been playing the hell out of a classic gem lately. Or a remake of a classic gem. Whatever the hell it is. Star Fox 64 3D. Remake of one of my favourite games of all time, so naturally it's getting a lot of my love this last week.

X-Com.

It's prettier than a picture and fun to play to boot!

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked