Dad Alters Donkey Kong for His Daughter - With Pauline as the Hero

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

McMarbles:
Man does sweet thing for daughter.

How is it that there are people who are actually OFFENDED by this?

Here is the thing. No one is actually offended by what the father did for his daughter.

People are offended when you have ideologues barge specifically in here and either act as if this act is somehow good for whatever movement they support without giving any sort of considerations of the limitations of hardware and technology and business decisions that without any sort of intentional malice go against the their modern thought process of "Should of been done when the game was originally made".

That is what people get offended by. The father isn't defiling video game history and just did something nice for his 3 year old kid who probably won't remember it until years later. It's when people start using anything to push their agenda that is anything but logical when you actually consider history and development of the game during its time.

BloatedGuppy:

Moonlight Butterfly:
Snip

Crono1973:
Snip

Think it might be time to take this to private messages, guys? It's not like you could derail this thread any harder at this point.

No, the discussion they are having is pretty damn interesting, better than the thread itself even!

I am personally on Crono´s side so far but I dont really care actually this is just so fun!

It was also a given than this thread was going to be a warzone sooner or later, hell I wont be surprised if even the OP went here to create this while think "Yay flamewar thread ahead!"

I cant blame OP, this is just hilarious.

Jenvas1306:

its obviously not just a thing among children, how many guys wouldnt play alice: the madness returns cause its got a heroine. female character to play, so it must be a girls game...

Do you seriously know anyone who said or thought that? Seriously? I mean, I know people can be stupid but...

Bara_no_Hime:
Agreed!

This is exactly the right sort of thing to be doing. There's no reason Jump Man needs to be the hero. Why not have a version where you choose which player - Jump Man or Pauline - to play? I too would pay money for that.

As far as the original, that's actually pretty simple -- machine limitations back then.

I'd have to ask the obvious question though, if they're switching places shouldn't he get the real name while she gets the generic moniker? Shouldn't it be "-Mario-" and "Hop Girl"?

Bara_no_Hime:

Actually it does have to do with feminism.

It shows how easy it is to make the feminists (like me) happy.

Seriously, this is it. Just make an option to switch the sprites and you have solved all of our problems with that game. It is just that easy.

What, Hop Girl isn't a "Man with Boobs" now? =p

Schadrach:
As far as the original, that's actually pretty simple -- machine limitations back then.

Well, yeah. I'm talking about re-releases. Personally, I'd love to see this Dad's version ported to an App. I haven't played Donkey Kong since the NES - it'd be fun to replay it with Pauline. ^^

Schadrach:
I'd have to ask the obvious question though, if they're switching places shouldn't he get the real name while she gets the generic moniker? Shouldn't it be "-Mario-" and "Hop Girl"?

Eh, I didn't name 'em.

Technically, that isn't Mario. He's some sort of super hero, named Jump Man, who happens to look an awful lot like Mario. Why else is he fighting a giant gorilla?

... actually, if you consider that Jump Man came first, I guess that means that Mario is actually wearing Jump Man cosplay.

Also, "Hop Girl" sounds like a Beer mascot. :p

I do love how Tenmar enters the thread, expresses fear at the potential debate it could generate, and then proceeds to start the debate all on his own accord.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked