Fighting Game Thread: Post Fighting Game Material, Discuss Fav Games, And Ask For Tips here.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . . . 23 NEXT

nier automata is single player, so you dont have to worry about getting it sooner, so people don't get too good, and beginners are not playing anymore phase.

New patch in preparation to rev 2 is up. New online mode is in place for rev1 and some minor options pertaining to its implementation are up.

Injustice 2 is out and I don't care. Please have fun if you do.

PurplePonyArcade:

To no one's surprise your first tournament winner is SonicFox.

PurplePonyArcade:

PurplePonyArcade:

Did he use spamshot Deadshot? looks like a really hard character to wrap your head around and use that one but possibly worth the effort. Anyway everyone prepare for DLC that make Capcom look restrained.

Rev 2 is out in 6 days. Wee. I wonder if we'll get to have some matches with peeps from here again. Still need to play bert and pony.

Dreiko:
Rev 2 is out in 6 days. Wee. I wonder if we'll get to have some matches with peeps from here again. Still need to play bert and pony.

Has the netcode been improved since xrd-Sign-?

i've never had much problem with netcode in any aksys fighter. theres the occasional lag you'll get no matter what the netcode is, if you or opponent have slow connection or slow down time.

Lufia Erim:

Dreiko:

Has the netcode been improved since xrd-Sign-?

The revelator netcode was a bit better but all arcsys games have amazing netcode in general so if you had issues with it it might have been on your end or due to fighting people who were located half the planet away from you. Through utilizing the regional lobbies, I average about 3 frames of delay in my matches.

Maximum Bert:

PurplePonyArcade:

PurplePonyArcade:

Did he use spamshot Deadshot? looks like a really hard character to wrap your head around and use that one but possibly worth the effort. Anyway everyone prepare for DLC that make Capcom look restrained.

I'll say. Since again Boon was already talking DLC not long after reveal and that does put Capcom to shame. And yes indeed our prodigy does use Deadshot. Part of me hopes Atrocitus is good and the rest of me resents the game so much I do not even care.

Dreiko:

Not likely since I still don't have my Ps3 set up to my new router and got the PC version of Revalator but its a nice idea that I hope becomes a reality somehow. The PC port, again going the opposite route of BB(sad) is nothing short of absolutely amazing.

As much as I'd like to get Rev 2, not coming out on Xbox sucks.

Dreiko:

Honestly I am on the fence about it on the one hand it has Baiken and I like to support companies who make good fighters by purchasing their games (if not the necessarily the DLC) on the other I am literally hardly playing any games atm due to work, family issues and personal studies plus (slowly) getting on with projects which are important to me.

I will definitely get it at some point but not sure about release plus Tekken 7 is around the corner and I really want to focus on that one since I have had a nice long break from the series. Back when Tekken 2 was out it was my favourite fighting series for a short while (3 really disappointed me).

Anyway watch this space. Unfortunately dont have PS Plus atm either so cant even play the demo. Should really fix that soon.

PS4 and PS3 can play together right just not PC to playstation?

Also side note took your suggestion on Tears to Tiara 2 and well havent got that far about 12 hours over a few weeks but damn lovin the story and while the gameplay is good enough honestly I find myself tryin to get through those bits as fast as possible for more story lol. Great recommendation cheers.

i would say get it and try to play a bit early if possible. i'm in the same situation and holding off

Maximum Bert:

Dreiko:

Honestly I am on the fence about it on the one hand it has Baiken and I like to support companies who make good fighters by purchasing their games (if not the necessarily the DLC) on the other I am literally hardly playing any games atm due to work, family issues and personal studies plus (slowly) getting on with projects which are important to me.

I will definitely get it at some point but not sure about release plus Tekken 7 is around the corner and I really want to focus on that one since I have had a nice long break from the series. Back when Tekken 2 was out it was my favourite fighting series for a short while (3 really disappointed me).

Anyway watch this space. Unfortunately dont have PS Plus atm either so cant even play the demo. Should really fix that soon.

Also side note took your suggestion on Tears to Tiara 2 and well havent got that far about 12 hours over a few weeks but damn lovin the story and while the gameplay is good enough honestly I find myself tryin to get through those bits as fast as possible for more story lol. Great recommendation cheers.

I say get it and play a little if possible. I'm in the same situation, and held off on games I really want like persona 5/Nier Automata. reason being that in fighting games, if you wait, community dies, and people are going to be a lot better since there are less people getting into the game. you only have limited time when theres beginners learning it.

Maximum Bert:

Dreiko:

Haha, I am overjoyed you actually got TtT2! I feel good spreading the word about that game. The game is 80 hours long so at 12 hours in I believe you have seen maybe a bit of the real side of Hamil but there's so much more there that will keep raising the steaks higher and higher. Kugimiya Rie as Tarte is just perfect as well. And yeah, the gameplay is as good as it is but the story is literally top tier material among all straight sword and magic fantasy stories with a hint of historical references about the Carthage wars so you will wanna have more and more of it.

Now, on more fightery stuff, ps3 and ps4 do have crossplay indeed but pc doesn't. I think only sf5 has ps4 and pc crossplay, while most do have it ps3-4. I'm on ps3 as well due to my pad preference. As for t7, I am kinda uninterested, despite having grown up with it as well. I kinda lost interest around t5 and then went full 2D airdasher and never looked back since lol. But yeah, Answer in rev 2 is the closest GG will get to giving me a Bang surrogate, and he has naruto like moves (even summons a snake by biting his finger and using the blood as a catalyst lol) so I'm very excited about him. Also I wanna see more of the story, GG storymode is hype as all hell.

so you dont like ds4? i thought it felt pretty natural before switching to stick, and i've used ds3 and ds4. I know ds4 works on ps3 fine, other than no support for the ps button, but not sure about other way around. I dont think it should take too long to switch from pad to pad, as long as it's not a really shitty dpad like the xb controllers.

the only game i know thats on ps3/4 and not cross play support is doa5LR, which i just found out when trying to play a friend. The only problem is you have to tell them which room/lobby to go to, since it's cross play but you can't invite cross platform.

Not as much that I don't like the ds4 as I am already super used to my sixaxis which I've been using for over 9 years now and don't wish to waste time I could use to improve myself on re-learning to do basic things I already can and on wearing down a new pad, all so that I can play a more expensive versions of basically the exactly same game with prettier graphics and not free netplay, which isn't really a bonus. The game looks gorgeous on ps3 too anyhow due to its art style and every other game I play is sprite-based which looks literally identical if not slightly worse on ps4 in BB's case due to not being meant to be shown at higher than 720p.

You just use the password system (ps4 player has to host) to invite cross-platform, it's a tiny bit more trouble but not a big deal.

K-sha:
I say get it and play a little if possible. I'm in the same situation, and held off on games I really want like persona 5/Nier Automata. reason being that in fighting games, if you wait, community dies, and people are going to be a lot better since there are less people getting into the game. you only have limited time when theres beginners learning it.

True but I am not sure how many beginners there will be lol. Also found it for 31 pounds so just pre ordered, what the hell right.

Dreiko:
the gameplay is as good as it is but the story is literally top tier material among all straight sword and magic fantasy stories with a hint of historical references about the Carthage wars so you will wanna have more and more of it.

Mmm Carthage wars thats Hannibal right? honestly something I know very very little about did detect some Celtic mythology feeling in there with how gods are handled at least on the house of Baal side but could be mistaken.

Dreiko:
As for t7, I am kinda uninterested, despite having grown up with it as well. I kinda lost interest around t5 and then went full 2D airdasher and never looked back since lol. But yeah, Answer in rev 2 is the closest GG will get to giving me a Bang surrogate, and he has naruto like moves (even summons a snake by biting his finger and using the blood as a catalyst lol) so I'm very excited about him. Also I wanna see more of the story, GG storymode is hype as all hell.

I completely lost interest in Tekken by the 4th, that game was terrible and like I said 3 really disappointed me mainly in that they got rid of a lot of character I liked for seemingly no reason and then had new ones with the same style sorta SCV bs (only not as badly done). I was in Japan when Tekken 5 was released and Asuka got me interested again for a bit but I was so burnt out on it at that point still. At the start T7 had zero interest for me but honestly after playing it I really want to play more Kazumi especially was so much fun but if you have no interest then there is no point in getting it definitely a different game to ones Arc make :).

Saw Answers instant kill was getting definite Orochimaru vibes and a bit of Jiraiya with his toad also his ending where the toad eats the person and then spits em out is one of my favourite ever. Still havent watched Revelator 1s story but gotta be honest Xrds did not do much for me I mean its not bad but just not up there with BB Chrono and CF or Persona 4 Arena (loved arenas story) also despite my huge critiscims with Netherealms Ill give em their due in that MK9s and Injustice 2s storys are good as well although Injustice 2s is by far the worst of the ones I mentioned (but better than the garbage that was Injustice and MKXs story).

Dont think Answer is the one for me though Ino is one I really like but honestly she is not my style at all and way to complex a character for me to begin to grasp without putting in more time than I can spare. Jack O is also fun but again I dont feel she suits me very well at all then again I am pretty bad (not joking) so obviously most characters wont feel that comfortable still gonna give Baiken a go she looks pretty awesome in the new style (mind you they all do).

Find I tend to gravitate towards the female characters of late guess its balancing out all the Blanka and Siegfried I played :) Wheres SC6 Namco? darn you!

Maximum Bert:

Dreiko:
the gameplay is as good as it is but the story is literally top tier material among all straight sword and magic fantasy stories with a hint of historical references about the Carthage wars so you will wanna have more and more of it.

Mmm Carthage wars thats Hannibal right? honestly something I know very very little about did detect some Celtic mythology feeling in there with how gods are handled at least on the house of Baal side but could be mistaken.

Dreiko:
As for t7, I am kinda uninterested, despite having grown up with it as well. I kinda lost interest around t5 and then went full 2D airdasher and never looked back since lol. But yeah, Answer in rev 2 is the closest GG will get to giving me a Bang surrogate, and he has naruto like moves (even summons a snake by biting his finger and using the blood as a catalyst lol) so I'm very excited about him. Also I wanna see more of the story, GG storymode is hype as all hell.

I completely lost interest in Tekken by the 4th, that game was terrible and like I said 3 really disappointed me mainly in that they got rid of a lot of character I liked for seemingly no reason and then had new ones with the same style sorta SCV bs (only not as badly done). I was in Japan when Tekken 5 was released and Asuka got me interested again for a bit but I was so burnt out on it at that point still. At the start T7 had zero interest for me but honestly after playing it I really want to play more Kazumi especially was so much fun but if you have no interest then there is no point in getting it definitely a different game to ones Arc make :).

Saw Answers instant kill was getting definite Orochimaru vibes and a bit of Jiraiya with his toad also his ending where the toad eats the person and then spits em out is one of my favourite ever. Still havent watched Revelator 1s story but gotta be honest Xrds did not do much for me I mean its not bad but just not up there with BB Chrono and CF or Persona 4 Arena (loved arenas story) also despite my huge critiscims with Netherealms Ill give em their due in that MK9s and Injustice 2s storys are good as well although Injustice 2s is by far the worst of the ones I mentioned (but better than the garbage that was Injustice and MKXs story).

Dont think Answer is the one for me though Ino is one I really like but honestly she is not my style at all and way to complex a character for me to begin to grasp without putting in more time than I can spare. Jack O is also fun but again I dont feel she suits me very well at all then again I am pretty bad (not joking) so obviously most characters wont feel that comfortable still gonna give Baiken a go she looks pretty awesome in the new style (mind you they all do).

Find I tend to gravitate towards the female characters of late guess its balancing out all the Blanka and Siegfried I played :) Wheres SC6 Namco? darn you!

I knew few things about Carthage but the Extra Credits people did a segment called Extra History about them and holy hell did the game borrow a metric ton of stuff. Also, a whole lot of Greek stuff too. Monomachus is Ancient Greek for "Gladiator" and not sure if you've gotten her yet but Charis is Ancient Greek for "grace". I always appreciate when Japanese games do Greek pronunciations more accurately than every other country XD.

I-no isn't all that complicated, her dash is just kinda unique, she's pretty simple as far as playstyle goes. You just kinda do unreactable dash overheads/standing low mixups all day. You just go for scoring knockdown over and over and they have to guess to block or do a risky reversal since it's too good of a mixup for human eyes to react to. She has some instant airdash combos and whatnot but her basic stuff is on the easier spectrum. As for Jack-o, she is one of the easiest chars in the game input-wise but her playstyle and some of her combos are tricky due to having to use meter for regular special moves and keep track of her house levels. Finally Baiken is extremely similar to her old form outside of how her new guard cancels work, she's a solid mid-short range pressure char with fast buttons and meterless guard cancels as usual. Also very "jidaigeki" feeling, as thought Akira Kurosawa's soul lives in her blade lol.

Dreiko:

I knew few things about Carthage but the Extra Credits people did a segment called Extra History about them and holy hell did the game borrow a metric ton of stuff. Also, a whole lot of Greek stuff too. Monomachus is Ancient Greek for "Gladiator" and not sure if you've gotten her yet but Charis is Ancient Greek for "grace". I always appreciate when Japanese games do Greek pronunciations more accurately than every other country XD.

Interesting did not know that. Monomachus is a beast currently my best character and yeah I have Charis. Really liking Izabel as well Im gettin Selvaria Bles vibes from her (who is awesome). Ive got suspisions that she isnt all that she is what she is projecting though. Could not beat her on the bridge level though I mean damn she is strong apparently I could have blown a cross section up when she was on it but dont want to use walkthroughs and potentially spoil the story plus doesnt really need any.

Dreiko:

I-no isn't all that complicated, her dash is just kinda unique, she's pretty simple as far as playstyle goes. You just kinda do unreactable dash overheads/standing low mixups all day. You just go for scoring knockdown over and over and they have to guess to block or do a risky reversal since it's too good of a mixup for human eyes to react to. She has some instant airdash combos and whatnot but her basic stuff is on the easier spectrum. As for Jack-o, she is one of the easiest chars in the game input-wise but her playstyle and some of her combos are tricky due to having to use meter for regular special moves and keep track of her house levels. Finally Baiken is extremely similar to her old form outside of how her new guard cancels work, she's a solid mid-short range pressure char with fast buttons and meterless guard cancels as usual. Also very "jidaigeki" feeling, as thought Akira Kurosawa's soul lives in her blade lol.

I get I-nos gameplan but im more of a mid range poke kinda player think Siegfried not heavy rushdown although I prefer that to zoning plus I have to ofc execute such a gameplan in the first place :) for belnder type characters and ease I think Leo would suit me better tbh but I dont have fun playing him so I dont.

As for Baiken well it doesnt matter how she played before just as it doesnt matter if she is good or not as tier lists mean nothing to someone on my skill level with the game (low). I have dabbled in a lot of Guilt Gear games but it has been only dabbling its not like SF2 where I played so much I got a good grasp of the fundamentals of the game or SC where I was lucky to play enough against my friend who was a pretty damn good player at the time to be able to level myself up and get comfortable.

That said I have downloaded the demo and am going to mess around with Baiken tonight. Had a very brief go this morning but had to leave to get to work and she felt quite fun to use and her 6p looks like a reasonable anti air (havent tested it yet).

Youll have to give me a good schoolin by whippin my arse over and over and over again lol. Ill try and sort out some time to play. Hopefully I wont be working this weekend but will see.

Maximum Bert:

Dreiko:

Interesting did not know that. Monomachus is a beast currently my best character and yeah I have Charis. Really liking Izabel as well Im gettin Selvaria Bles vibes from her (who is awesome). Ive got suspisions that she isnt all that she is what she is projecting though. Could not beat her on the bridge level though I mean damn she is strong apparently I could have blown a cross section up when she was on it but dont want to use walkthroughs and potentially spoil the story plus doesnt really need any.

The game presents you with a lot of "must survive" type battles against absurdly OP foes. You could beat them if you grinded random encounters for hours and hours but of course we wanna see the story so nobody does that. You can always beat em fully in NG+ :P.
Izabele's backstory and the way it all plays out is beyond interesting, probably the best or at least withing the top 3 things in the game. She puts Selvaria to shame and that's no easy feat as I'm sure you're aware. Oh and Monomachus will only get more hard boiled and baddass as you go along.

Dreiko:

I get I-nos gameplan but im more of a mid range poke kinda player think Siegfried not heavy rushdown although I prefer that to zoning plus I have to ofc execute such a gameplan in the first place :) for belnder type characters and ease I think Leo would suit me better tbh but I dont have fun playing him so I dont.

As for Baiken well it doesnt matter how she played before just as it doesnt matter if she is good or not as tier lists mean nothing to someone on my skill level with the game (low). I have dabbled in a lot of Guilt Gear games but it has been only dabbling its not like SF2 where I played so much I got a good grasp of the fundamentals of the game or SC where I was lucky to play enough against my friend who was a pretty damn good player at the time to be able to level myself up and get comfortable.

That said I have downloaded the demo and am going to mess around with Baiken tonight. Had a very brief go this morning but had to leave to get to work and she felt quite fun to use and her 6p looks like a reasonable anti air (havent tested it yet).

Youll have to give me a good schoolin by whippin my arse over and over and over again lol. Ill try and sort out some time to play. Hopefully I wont be working this weekend but will see.

Yeah most 6Ps in this game have head invincibility so that's like the univeral AA input. It's also jump cancellable which means she can use it midcombo or during blockstrings since she has this air special move (j623S) that is an overhead and hits really fast so by TKing that special you can do instant overheads and if you do that off of 6P which can also be canceled into a low you have a very strong 50-50 mixup right there.

In GG oki is very strong so everyone is a "blender" character to one degree or another. I-no is more midscreen poking than Leo though, definitely. Leo mainly shines in that his mixup is all + on block so if he gets in it's really hard to get out but no matter who you use you always want to have the mentality of "I want to always combo into hard knockdown, then do a meaty string into a mixup, no matter the damage", the only time you go for damage over okizeme is when you know for sure it'll be a kill combo.

I want to get Rev2 just because of Answer, he was super fun in the demo but I'm afraid I won't play it much cuz KoF has me hooked

go-10:
I want to get Rev2 just because of Answer, he was super fun in the demo but I'm afraid I won't play it much cuz KoF has me hooked

My philosophy is "play all the things" :p. If you end up getting the game you can ask here for Answer stuff though cause I'm super excited for him and will make him at least my primary sub if not my new main. I love that ninja vibe he has as a Bang main. :D

Dreiko:

go-10:

My philosophy is "play all the things" :p. If you end up getting the game you can ask here for Answer stuff though cause I'm super excited for him and will make him at least my primary sub if not my new main. I love that ninja vibe he has as a Bang main. :D

yeah I might get it since it's cheap, I main Axl and sub Raven. But Answer looks so cool that I kinda want to main him, like you said the Bang vibe makes it even more tempting... I also want to learn Jam, does anyone here use her?

go-10:

To many excellent fighters out there at the moment so not a bad problem to have. I am having a hard time focusing on one or two especially among the other non fighter excellent games that have been released and are continuing to be released this year seriously this is one of the best years for games for me in absolutely ages and I am having to put so many to the wayside due to lack of time.

I am wondering what Capcom will decide is a full package for MVC infinity, will they be excited about their brand new arcade mode? hmm time will tell.

Gah I want to play KOF some more now havent touched it in ages need to try out Vanessa more. There are things in that game that just make me smile such as Sylvias prefight stuff lol first time I saw that I was at a friends house and we saw it looked at each other and burst out laughing its so ridiculous also there is Xanadus command grab (best command grab ever) Yuris level 3 super and some of Kulas quotes among others. Also friggin love Antonov just from that one cutscene alone such a likeable antagonist if you can call him that.

Gonna try and focus on Tekken but cant resist dabblin in some others as well.

Who do you play in KOF? I could never decide on a team as there are to many characters I like in it but been meaning to try a Vanessa, Kula and Mai team. May sub out Kula for Yuri, Mei Mei or king of Dinosaurs. (cant decide on that slot).

Maximum Bert:
SNIP Who do you play in KOF? I could never decide on a team as there are to many characters I like in it but been meaning to try a Vanessa, Kula and Mai team. May sub out Kula for Yuri, Mei Mei or king of Dinosaurs. (cant decide on that slot).

forming a team is really hard in KoF too many good characters, I have several teams:
Team Rising Tackle Terry, Rock, and Alice
K, Iori, and Kyo
Benimaru, King of Dinosaurs, and Kula

and my main team: Mai, Robert, and Kim

Vanessa is great, like seriously great, my only problem with her is that her moves are kinda committed so they leave you open.

go-10:

Dreiko:

go-10:

yeah I might get it since it's cheap, I main Axl and sub Raven. But Answer looks so cool that I kinda want to main him, like you said the Bang vibe makes it even more tempting... I also want to learn Jam, does anyone here use her?

I use Jam too (and Ramlethal, Venom, Dizzy and a bit of Sol/Ky like everyone as well). She got a ton better in rev 2 since she can do hyapposhinsou off of senrishinsou which means oodles of damage meterless off of her parry kick route in the corner.

I don't play KoF much sadly (only really touch it at locals) but my Bandeiras/Athena/Andy team is always fun in that game. The removal of HD combos makes for an easier game to jump into without actually ownig it, as long as your fundamentals are solid.

Dreiko:

go-10:

Dreiko:

I use Jam too (and Ramlethal, Venom, Dizzy and a bit of Sol/Ky like everyone as well). She got a ton better in rev 2 since she can do hyapposhinsou off of senrishinsou which means oodles of damage meterless off of her parry kick route in the corner.

I don't play KoF much sadly (only really touch it at locals) but my Bandeiras/Athena/Andy team is always fun in that game. The removal of HD combos makes for an easier game to jump into without actually ownig it, as long as your fundamentals are solid.

Jam got that good? I've never played her before in any GG game but for some reason I really want to play her, maybe because she seems so different from everyone else? IDK but I wanna learn her... The one I'm waiting for the most though is Anji, he was my main

go-10:

Dreiko:

go-10:

Jam got that good? I've never played her before in any GG game but for some reason I really want to play her, maybe because she seems so different from everyone else? IDK but I wanna learn her... The one I'm waiting for the most though is Anji, he was my main

She still gets zoned out and has some bad MUs against the top tiers like Johnny and my boy Sin but yeah she's definitely better now. Lots of solid damage off of most things. My original main is Order Sol which is still missing as well but now that they gave me Answer and since having loved using Sin all this time I'm kinda split. It's such a fortunate problem to have when you wanna main too many chars lol.

Anyone know what Baikens general gameplan is on knockdown? and also how should I end combos ideally? I have watched some stuff on youtube but they dont knock down so dont seem ideal unless ofc it would kill so will have to try and adapt em (hopefully just change enders).

Went to Dustloop but there is not much stuff on Baiken atm.

Maximum Bert:
Anyone know what Baikens general gameplan is on knockdown? and also how should I end combos ideally? I have watched some stuff on youtube but they dont knock down so dont seem ideal unless ofc it would kill so will have to try and adapt em (hopefully just change enders).

You wanna meaty tatami and go from there on knockdown, runup tk youzansen is always good too. As for causing knockdown, midscreen you wanna end with jD/2D/63214K-H or P. In corner you can do Dloops into azami-P or just jD as well. Off of max range 5H, you need to use meter to cause knockdown, either by doing 236236S off of it or by rcing it and going for more hits.

A lot of times, just doing a small string into 2D and jump cancelling into a meaty tatami on wakeup is all you can get which is solid enough. She gets high damage off of counter sakura and Dloops so it kinda evens out with not being that easy to get it.

Maximum Bert:

Dreiko covered most of the important stuff but generally the absolute ideal combo (in the corner at least which is generally the only place you can be absolutely ideal) will always result in a hard knockdown to the point where you're free to do what you want on wakeup, which is generally always meaty air tatami into whatever. The ender I always see is just 5H->64321K->P (pressed immediately after but almost exactly the same time as the K) after the typical corner j.D loops. The issue is always making sure that ends in a hard kd so you have a lot more freedom on what to do instead of them teching out before hitting the ground.

The specifics of getting that hard knockdown can often vary depending on character and situation, and it might take a bit more research to figure out how to create that situation more consistently. If you have Discord I'd recommend researching into Baiken's specific char discord (the general discord for GG you might also find is generally a lot less productive and I wouldn't necessarily care about it) for more help on doing so.

Adding on again to Dreiko's input, I think you can input 63214K->H after a 5H hit for a knockdown which should at least make it your move, though it probably doesn't allow enough time to set up an air tatami without meter like he said. I can't check anymore because they killed the demo, but I believe that's the case.

I'm still not sure why people recommend Dustloop as an option at this point seeing as how it's been more or less dead in terms of helpful content for quite a while now outside of some definitely great character wikis.

General Rev 2 commentary: Slayer bite buff is cool but I'm slightly disappointed in that it's really hard to set up situations where it's actually able to be used outside of the guaranteed 50 meter kPile combo. I like how it makes the situation afterwards more potentially volatile and crazy but at a certain point I'm sure most players will just absolutely refuse to do anything for the short period of time that it's active. Still excited though.

5H>63214K-H is proximity-based so on max range it actually doesn't combo and it's punishable on block so you wanna look out for that, though admittedly it's rather rare to get that to happen.

As for the 63214k-P ender, that's entirely based on how high they are when you hit them with it. If they're low enough you always get knockdown. Issues arise with light chars such as May where it's hard to get the combo to bring them that low so what I've seen is people just do double Dloops and just end in the fourth jD without going for the grounded ender and if you notice you ended your combo in a way that will let them tech meatying 6P or trying to go for an airgrab is solid as well.

Ok thanks for the help. The game came today :) but im snowed under with work :( I do intend to jump back on and get some practice in soon hopefully tommorow night. There is of course no way I am going to be able to just suddenly play Baiken or indeed any character but the more knowledge I can get on what to aim for the better been doin a bit of research myself as well ofc.

Want to at least get something down before I jump online. Friggin working saturday again damn slave drivers and im out sunday but hoping to spend more time with it monday cos im takin the day off screw em its bank holiday.

So with a favourable tide and good wind can get some matches in monday if anyone is about.

If you have the game just do tutorial/mission/challenge mode for Baiken for starters, and yeah, you wanna have your bearings down before you jump in matches and a couple combos and mixups and so on. Monday is good for me so that should work.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here