Nintendo Switch has sold 4.7 Million units to date.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Phoenixmgs:

It doesn't matter if the game is 3rd-party or 1st-party, it's the game that matters.

cool then it shouldn't matter to you that Nintendo consoles don't have as much 3rd Party support as the other platforms.

should just be the games it does have that matter.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

It doesn't matter if the game is 3rd-party or 1st-party, it's the game that matters.

cool then it shouldn't matter to you that Nintendo consoles don't have as much 3rd Party support as the other platforms.

That is a flawed argument, because most people don't get to buy multiple consoles. 3rd party games are a big boon to people when it comes to choosing a console to be their SOLE console. Because it allows people to make a decision based on the exclusives that they want to play most without having to sacrifice not being able to play the 3rd party games that they also want to play.

For example if I am a huge Call of Duty fan (p.s. I'm not), then I have basically three gaming options available to me. Ps4, Xbone, and PC. Let's say I can't afford a PC so really I have only two choices. The problem is, what if the exclusive games I really want to play are Zelda and Mario? You would say, "get a Switch and forget Call of Duty" right? But what if I also like Final Fantasy, Far Cry, Witcher, Need for Speed, Madden, Assassin's Creed, any number of big third party franchises. If I can only buy ONE system, why would I sacrifice all these other games for Zelda (oh which a new one only comes once every 5 years) and Mario?

It just doesn't make sense. Now you might not care, but the average gamer would care. The only consumer who wouldn't notice the difference is parents buying a Switch for a child. Which, to be fair, might be Nintendo's plan. After all Nintendo has always considered themselves a toy company. Toys for children. Children who don't know any better.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Since Critical handled why this argument is so bad I give you this...

CritialGaming:

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

That is a flawed argument, because most people don't get to buy multiple consoles. 3rd party games are a big boon to people when it comes to choosing a console to be their SOLE console.

phoenix literally just said it doesn't matter if the games are 1st party or 3rd Party though. Nintendo's 1st party and exclusive games support is much better than what Sony and MS have so if you want 3rd party just play them on PC and bam, you then already have 90% of the PS4 and Xbox One libraries.

3rd party games either do matter or they don't matter. make up your mind phoenix. :3

Yoshi178:

CritialGaming:

Yoshi178:

That is a flawed argument, because most people don't get to buy multiple consoles. 3rd party games are a big boon to people when it comes to choosing a console to be their SOLE console.

phoenix literally just said it doesn't matter if the games are 1st party or 3rd Party though. Nintendo's 1st party and exclusive games support is much better than what Sony and MS have so if you want 3rd party just play them on PC and bam, you then already have 90% of the PS4 and Xbox One libraries.

3rd party games either do matter or they don't matter. make up your mind phoenix. :3

He was referring to the shooters I believe, but his phrasing is bad.

Either way it doesn't matter Yoshi. If you are going to talk semantics then you've already lost any chance of proving a point.

Nintendo does have great 1st party support because if they didn't, they wouldn't have ANY games on the system. My last post already told you why 3rd party games matter. History has proven that over and over against with Nintendo which hasn't had the dominate console on the market since the SNES. Nintendo has been niche only since 1999 and they are proving to continue to be niche. It works for them because they win out on the 12 and under market. But they will never be the dominate system on the market so long as they continue to shaft out 3rd party support and make console hardware a generation behind everybody else.

CritialGaming:
you've already lost any chance of proving a point.

you already decided that before you even entered this thread so i don't know why you're here.

Yoshi178:

CritialGaming:
you've already lost any chance of proving a point.

you already decided that before you even entered this thread so i don't know why you're here.

Now that is unfair. I am always willing to hear the points and discuss things with the other side of any given argument. But you haven't offered any of that. Instead you reply with childish responses like, "Why do you wanna know?" "It doesn't matter so I'm not answering that." And on and on. Several people in this thread have trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and provide you with the options to express your reasoning, but you have offered nothing.

You wanna put a cap on this thread simply state then that, "You don't care what anybody thinks. The Switch is an amazing console and I don't care about anything but Nintendo games so the lack of outside support means nothing to me."

You've basically already said it anyway. Considering your only replies to really points against Switch success have been, "lalalla I can't hear you. Lalalala Nintendo's great. Lalala."

CritialGaming:
My last post already told you why 3rd party games matter

and Switch s already doing much better in the 3rd party department. sure alot of the 3rd Party games are ports, but that's because devs are clearly texting the waters on switch first before they fully commit to throwing their full development support costs onto the system. after the low sales of the Wii U can you really blame them?

and at the same time, alot of these games "old games" that are coming to Switch also happen to be coming to Xbox One and PS4 as well in case you didn't notice.

Why should i be excited that LA Noire is coming to Switch? why should i be excited that it's coming to PS4 and Xbox One?

and just on Rockstar, the fact that Rockstar is even putting this game on a Nintendo platform is pretty big news considering it's well known that Rockstar and Nintendo have not had the best relationship in previous years. hell the last time Rockstar even made a game for a Nintendo system was GTA Chinatown wars and that was on the freaking DS nearly a decade ago which isn't even a main home console. was just a much more simple handheld exclusive game.

Yoshi178:

I said the GAMES matter (meaning the entire library), I said I just got Danganronpa and Shadow Tactics (both 3rd party games the Switch ain't getting). I care about a system having an abundant amount of good games regardless if those games are 1st or 3rd party. Sony puts out more 1st-party games than Nintendo and MS combined. Let me know when the Switch has 1st-party support just comparable to Horizon and The Last Guardian. Even if I was into Nintendo franchises, there's literally no reason to buy a Switch yet as I can play Zelda on WiiU and I can play Splatoon on WiiU without a stupid phone app. I prefer playing on a console vs a PC (my PC doesn't even have a video card) and now with so many PC games coming to consoles (not the Switch obviously) from Witcher 3 to Shadow Tactics to Divinity OS/Pillars of Eternity to Cities: Skylines, what does the PC really have over a PS4 anyway? I guess like Shadowrun but like ANY PC can play that.

Yoshi178:
and Switch s already doing much better in the 3rd party department. sure alot of the 3rd Party games are ports, but that's because devs are clearly texting the waters on switch first before they fully commit to throwing their full development support costs onto the system.

The Switch doesn't have 3rd-party support and never will because it can't play current games. The Switch can't even get a port of the DS series Zero Escape, it can't get indies, etc. The fact that you think any pub/dev is going to fully commit to the Switch borders on insanity. The best support the Switch will get is if it takes over the portable market getting portable-level commitment from 3rd-parties.

Phoenixmgs:
Let me know when the Switch has 1st-party support just comparable to Horizon and The Last Guardian.

as you wish.

Phoenixmgs:
The fact that you think any pub/dev is going to fully commit to the Switch borders on insanity.

not really. i'll let Richard from ReviewtechUSA explain it to you.

Yoshi178:
Nintendo's 1st party and exclusive games support is much better than what Sony and MS have

Very debatable. It comes down to personal preference, but here's a quick snippit from Wikipedia:

-Xbox One: 1344 games, 31 exclusive, 148 console exclusive

-PlayStation 4: 1819 games, 109 exclusive, 410 console exclusive

-Nintendo Switch: 395 games, 58 exclusive, 8 Nintendo exclusive

If we factor in personal preference and I whittle this down to exclusives that interest me and/or I already have, this becomes:

-Xbox One: 10 exclusives

-PlayStation 4: 32 exclusives

-Nintendo Switch: 6 exclusives

Of course, the Switch is a latecomer here, but I can't say by any measure that it has better exclusives than its competitors. That may change in time, but even so, it's offset by how it's the least appealing console for third party games.

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:
Let me know when the Switch has 1st-party support just comparable to Horizon and The Last Guardian.

as you wish.

Phoenixmgs:
The fact that you think any pub/dev is going to fully commit to the Switch borders on insanity.

not really. i'll let Richard from ReviewtechUSA explain it to you.

LMAO, Breath of the Wild is on WiiU... It's the equivalent of saying you need a PS4 for TLOU. We've already been through how review scores don't matter as GTAV is shit to you and is tied with your precious BotW on Metacritic.

LA Noire... I would've played it 6 years ago if I wanted to.

Phoenixmgs:

LMAO, Breath of the Wild is on WiiU... It's the equivalent of saying you need a PS4 for TLOU. We've already been through how review scores don't matter as GTAV is shit to you and is tied with your precious BotW on Metacritic.

Splatoon 2 and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle already have higher metacritic scores than the Last Guardian and are both exclusive to Switch though.

Super Mario Odyssey is also releasing next month and i'm willing to bet that that game will receive a higher metacritic score than Uncharted 4.

but of course since we aren't using metacritic scores to determine quality, i can also say that ARMS is on the Last Guardians and Uncharted 4's level of quality too despite it only receiving a 77/100 metacritic score :)

Yoshi178:

Phoenixmgs:

Splatoon 2 and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle already have higher metacritic scores than the Last Guardian and are both exclusive to Switch though.

Super Mario Odyssey is also releasing next month and i'm willing to bet that that game will receive a higher metacritic score than Uncharted 4.

but of course since we aren't using metacritic scores to determine quality, i can also say that ARMS is on the Last Guardians and Uncharted 4's level of quality too despite it only receiving a 77/100 metacritic score :)

What's with you and game scores, game journalism and criticism is a joke. Score doesn't even factor in when deciding to buy a game or not unless it actually scores under an 80, then I do some quick research to find if there's anything majorly wrong with the game as it's quite an "accomplishment" for a game to score under 80 nowadays. Also, if a game scores mid to upper 90s, then I'm also pretty suspect because those type games don't have a good track history with me as something that is fresh or unique (what I look for) rarely caters to everyone.

You don't realize that every game you list, there's at least 10 quality games I can list that the Switch doesn't and will never have. Why do I need a Switch for Splatoon 2 when Splatoon 1 is arguably better while the PS4/X1/PC have tons of shooters anyway? Why MUST I play Mario + Rabbiids when I have XCOM and Shadow Tactics? ARMs, really? Super Mario Odyssey MIGHT be a game that's a fresh and unique experience that I can't get anywhere else. But buying a system for one game isn't worth it when I can just wait for the system and the game to go down in price while I play the tons of other games I already want to play on the systems I do have.

Phoenixmgs:

You don't realize that every game you list, there's at least 10 quality games I can list that the Switch doesn't and will never have.

well as we've already clarified. quality is completely subjective and i don't consider alot of the PS4 games that you consider to be good "quality" to be so. The Last Guardian? LMAO! you mean the game that with bad controls and revolves around trying to tell your Griffin friend to do stuff but like a dog, he doesn't listen and usually does the complete opposite thing to what you actually want him to do?

and oh what's this? 2016's DOOM AND October 2017's Wolfenstein II are both coming to Nintendo Switch?

i thought there weren't EVER going to be any current 3rd Party games put on the Switch? lol

Literally NintenDOOMED!

Yoshi178:
and oh what's this? 2016's DOOM AND October 2017's Wolfenstein II are both coming to Nintendo Switch?

i thought there weren't EVER going to be any current 3rd Party games put on the Switch? lol

Not to mention SE's Octopath Traveler, which has a demo launching on the eShop today. Also, dare I hope for Samus' Power Suit in Doom? A man can dream

Aiddon:

Yoshi178:

Not to mention SE's Octopath Traveler, which has a demo launching on the eShop today. Also, dare I hope for Samus' Power Suit in Doom? A man can dream

oh no that doesn't count because it's not up to par with phoenix's standards apparently.

Yoshi178:

Literally NintenDOOMED!

Wolfenstien is a good grab. We knew that the bravely default guys were making a switch rpg. So yea christmas is looking better. Ill admit. We shall see because if wolf runs like ass it might do more harm than good

Yoshi178:
well as we've already clarified. quality is completely subjective and i don't consider alot of the PS4 games that you consider to be good "quality" to be so. The Last Guardian? LMAO! you mean the game that with bad controls and revolves around trying to tell your Griffin friend to do stuff but like a dog, he doesn't listen and usually does the complete opposite thing to what you actually want him to do?

Some people have taste, Yoshi.

Yoshi178:

Literally NintenDOOMED!

So, it's the WiiU year one all over again? Watch Dogs came out 6 months late on WiiU, that didn't change anything. I smell the same for the Switch and Wolfenstein II. Though congrats for getting games you should get...

BSG - "All of this has happened before. And all of this will happen again." "So say we all."

The funniest thing is you can thank Sony for this because of PSVR. I'm sure you can figure out why, I have confidence in you Yoshi!!!

Yoshi178:

Literally NintenDOOMED!

So the Switch is getting a game that's been out for over a year on systems that have far better specs? And, personally speaking, a game that's average at best?

Um...yay?

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:

Some people have taste, Yoshi.

my taste just happens to be much better than yours. :)

Hawki:

Yoshi178:

Literally NintenDOOMED!

So the Switch is getting a game that's been out for over a year on systems that have far better specs? And, personally speaking, a game that's average at best?

Um...yay?

last time i checked. you guys on escapist here having been moaning about 3rd Party support on Switch saying it will NEVER get things like GTAV and such. well bam. there you go. 3 games from Bethesda with obviously more to come.

guess what? GTAV is bloody 4 years old now. way older than DOOM.

and its so typical that you completely ignore Wolfenstein II being announced for the Switch which is, holy shit! currently an unreleased game!

and i'd MUCH rather be able to take my console game on the go with me rather than spending all my time giving a shit about how much polygons are on the screen. i don't even give a shit about wolfenstein and i'm not going to buy it. but hey, a completely portable version is there for you. keep counting those polygons and frames per second though. :)

To be frank this is terrible news as it shows the fortress of American/Japanese conslow gamers with their hate for emulation, lower long term costs, modding, RTS/RTT/Tycoons, and backwards compatibility is still going somewhat strong.

Its also bad as Nintendo is literally the scummiest company of the big 3. Yet nostalgia and pandering to Monolingual Imperialists seems to be getting good PR *Sigh*

Yoshi178:
last time i checked. you guys on escapist here having been moaning about 3rd Party saying it will NEVER get things like GTAV and such.

Where have I complained about the Switch not getting GTA5?

Yoshi178:

and its so typical that you completely ignore Wolfenstein II being announced for the Switch which is, holy shit! currently an unreleased game!

I didn't mention Wolfenstein because there's nothing to say. It's an unreleased game. Apparently it's coming later on the Switch (2018 vs. late 2017), but the time difference is unknown. This is in comparison to Doom which will have a time difference of over a year. Which isn't the greatest time difference in the world, but it's systemic of a problem that Nintendo's had since the Wii - games tend to be released much later, if at all, and have to work with weaker hardware.

Also, you want to talk about ignoring posts? You outright ignored the figures I gave you on libraries.

Yoshi178:

and i'd MUCH rather be able to take my console game on the go with me rather than spending all my time giving a shit about how much polygons are on the screen. i don't even give a shit about wolfenstein and i'm not going to buy it. but hey, a completely portable version is there for you. keep counting those polygons and frames per second though. :)

You don't give a shit about Wolfenstein, yet bring it up as an example of...what? The Switch getting third party support? A console getting third party support isn't much to brag about, it's practically an expectation. That the Switch is getting games like Doom and Wolfenstein later than its contemporaries isn't really something in its favor.

Yoshi178:
my taste just happens to be much better than yours. :)

Obviously not...

Yoshi178:
i don't even give a shit about wolfenstein and i'm not going to buy it.

---

And your taste is dependent on whether Nintendo published or developed a game.

Phoenixmgs:

Yoshi178:
i don't even give a shit about wolfenstein and i'm not going to buy it.

And your taste is dependent on whether Nintendo published or developed a game.

if that were true i wouldn't have bought Super Bomberman R

Yoshi178:

Hawki:

Yoshi178:

Literally NintenDOOMED!

Um...yay?

last time i checked. you guys on escapist here having been moaning about 3rd Party support on Switch saying it will NEVER get things like GTAV and such. well bam. there you go. 3 games from Bethesda with obviously more to come.

guess what? GTAV is bloody 4 years old now. way older than DOOM.

What find amusing is that Bethesda pretty much admitting that Doom's multiplayer sucked by leaving it out of the physical copies of the game. Still, Bethesda bringing out their hits and new stuff is constituting a pattern, meaning it helps the possibility they'll keep bringing products out on it (Dishonored, for example). Being able to use gyro controls in Doom and Wolfenstein sounds great too.

You can add another sale of the Switch to the list, because I'm getting one as soon as I get back home to Montreal.

So. Many. RPGS. Holy crap...

Yoshi178:
if that were true i wouldn't have bought Super Bomberman R

Ohhh, Bomberman, that's trying something new!!!

Wolfenstein is one of the oldest series in gaming. First released in 1981 and it started the Stealth genre and later advanced the FPS genre (not started it though). It has advanced technology and game design with most installments, and the latest games in the series show a remarkable level of thematic depth and complexity.

But of course *rolls eyes* they are shit, Yoshi. Since when did Nintendo gamers EVER *REALLY* care for the gaming medium/art form or its history?
Never.

Charcharo:

But of course *rolls eyes* they are shit, Yoshi. Since when did Nintendo gamers EVER *REALLY* care for the gaming medium/art form or its history?
Never.

He said he didn't care about Wolfenstein, notcomment on Wolfenstien's quality as a whole.

I can acknowledge Wolfenstien's influence and still not care about the series personally.

aegix drakan:

So. Many. RPGS. Holy crap...

But no Golden Sun 4 :(

On the other hand, Xenoblade 2 looks interesting, though I have no idea how it's supposed to be a sequel to Xenoblade at this point. Maybe it's a sequel in the same way as something like FF2 is to FF1, but even that's iffy - doesn't "Xeno" cover the series as a whole?

Charcharo:

But of course *rolls eyes* they are shit, Yoshi.

i didn't say Wolfenstein was shit. i said i don't give a shit about it. there's a difference.

who knows? i might even pick up Wolfenstein 2 at some point when it goes on sale for $20 in bargain bin at EB games like i did with DOOM. EB Games had their mid year sale and found the brand new game for $20 (which is a bargain for Australian standards as most new games cost like $100 here) so i picked it up for Xbox One a few months ago.

haven't played it. it's sitting in my backlog of games, but it's there

Hawki:

On the other hand, Xenoblade 2 looks interesting, though I have no idea how it's supposed to be a sequel to Xenoblade at this point. Maybe it's a sequel in the same way as something like FF2 is to FF1, but even that's iffy - doesn't "Xeno" cover the series as a whole?

Xenoblade 2 isn't a Direct sequel to the first games story. both games have completely different stories and characters it seems just like Xenoblade Chronicles X had a different story and cast to the first game.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X were by different teams at Monolith soft though so 2 features alot of the same enemies as the first game whereas Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't aside from the telethia. but even then the telethia looked completely different in XCX compared to XC.

the Nintendo Direct direct showed us that not only does XC2 feature the same art style as the first game, but that also alot of recogniseable enemies from the first game are returning in this sequel. Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also much more story driven than Xenoblade Chronicles X which was more focused around being an open world type game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here