A line of Cattiva working in Palworld. This image is part of an article about how to cure overfull in Palworld.

How to Craft & Get Polymer in Palworld

If you’re hoping to craft some of the best equipment in Palworld, you’re going to need Polymer, so here’s how to make and get the resource.

Recommended Videos
JUMP TO:
How to Make Polymer in Palworld
What Polymer Is Used For

How to Make & Get Polymer in Palworld

To unlock Polymer, you’ll need to get to Technology Level 33 in Palworld. From there, getting the resource requires a good amount of High Quality Pal Oil.

While various Pals drop Pal Oil when hunted, you’ll need to set your sights on bigger game and bring down some of the towering beasts prowling the map. Specifically, you’ll want to look for Mammorest, Wumpo, Relaxaurus, Flambelle, Digtoise, and Kingpaca. Those are the Pals I’ve had the most luck with when it comes to harvesting High Quality Pal Oil in Palworld to make Polymer, but I’m fairly confident most high-level, large Pals have a chance of dropping the resource.

An image of a Mammorest in Palworld standing by a rock. The Pal is a good source of High Quality Pal Oil in Palworld, which is necessary to crafting Polymer in the game.
Mammorests tend to drop a good amount of High Quality Pal Oil

If you’d rather not go through the effort of hunting down some chunky Pals to get Polymer in Palworld, you can always buy some High Quality Pal Oil from a few Wandering Merchants. I’m not sure if certain traders have a higher chance of stocking the stuff, but when I did come across it, the item set me back 300 gold. For what it’s worth, I’ve seen several players confirm that the Wandering Merchant at Duneshelter stocks High Quality Pal Oil.

With a collection of High Quality Pal Oil in your pockets, you’ll need to do some building. You’ll want to erect the Production Assembly Line at your base. It’s an expensive unit, costing 100 Ingots, 50 Wood, 20 Nails, and 10 Cement. Once that’s built, load the Production Assembly Line up with some Pals to keep the treads rolling, and you’ll then be able to spend two High Quality Pal Oils to craft a single Polymer in Palworld.

What Polymer Is Used For

You’ll want to make as much Polymer as you can, as you’ll use it to craft some of the best gear available in Palworld. That includes firearms like the Handgun, Double-Barrel Shotgun, Pump-Action Shotgun, Assault Rifle, and the Rocket Launcher. Polymer is also a key material that you’ll use in building the Production Assembly Line 2, a structure that’s essential to further expanding your base and your equipment. That means you’ll definitely need to get Polymer sooner rather than later.

Palworld Early Access is available now. If you’re looking for more, check out our guide to the best places to farm Coal in Palworld.

Update: This article was updated on 1/31/24 by Escapist Editorial to increase ease of readability and with additional information on how to get get Polymer in Palworld.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Get Military Equipment in Manor Lords
Manor Lords Military Equipment
Read Article Pokemon GO Rivals Week: Dates, Featured Pokemon, and Raid Schedule
Pokemon GO Rivals Week
Read Article How to Make a Bucket in Minecraft
Related Content
Read Article How to Get Military Equipment in Manor Lords
Manor Lords Military Equipment
Read Article Pokemon GO Rivals Week: Dates, Featured Pokemon, and Raid Schedule
Pokemon GO Rivals Week
Read Article How to Make a Bucket in Minecraft
Author
Brad Lang
Brad Lang has spent so much of his life playing video games that at some point, it almost became a given that he would eventually turn all those hours into a job. He has a Masters degree in Creative Writing, an adorable black cat named Nemesis (Yes, from Resident Evil) and was once attacked by a fruit bat for no apparent reason.