The scary thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . . . 47 NEXT

Pararaptor:

that is so fucked up

Granted, it's really more cute than creepy.

[

Mcupobob:
Been snoping around form more scares found a awesome youtube channel.

enjoy and shit a brick.

jesus christ...

It wasn't a big deal at first, you know? It was just another story online, one you'd read in the comments of a YouTube video, designed to scaring you into posting it on eight other videos. You know the kind, where you die a horrible death or your crush will reject you if you don't spread the word? I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now it's the only thing I can think about.

The comment started by saying that "she hasn't left [the poster] alone in days" and "by reading this, she'll come for you." I don't even remember the exact wording because it was late and I was tired and I'd seen a hundred other comments like it before.

I forgot all about it.

Until she started coming after me.

It started with little things. A flash in the corner of my vision, a strange shadow on the hallway floor. Then it got worse. I started to hear whispering when I was alone in the house, giggling, the sound of footsteps. I now know that she was teasing me. Sort of like how a cat will clamp its paw over a mouse's tail and bat at it before it kills it.

Mirrors were the worst. She liked to stand just out of frame when I was brushing my hair, so when I shifted my head to get the other side, she would be there, standing next to the bookshelf, with her long, tangled hair, matted with blood, falling down her shoulders. And that grin.

Oh, God, that grin.

Her teeth were always bloody. I was never sure if it was her blood, or... I don't even know.

Every night it seemed to get worse. I would see her on my way to class, in the rear view mirror of my car, dragging her talon-like fingernails across her own, rotting flesh as I stared in abject terror.

For a while I put it off to sleep deprivation. Finals, you know?

And then she came to me.

It was late, so late it was technically early. I couldn't sleep because all I could hear was her giggling. I covered my face with the pillow and shut my eyes tight, when I felt something cold on my hand.

I was paralyzed with fear. It was sharp and it was cold and it was moving down my arm towards my elbow.

"Come out to play," she said in that lilting, upsetting voice I'd heard one too many times before.

I screamed and sat up but she was gone. For the moment.

My biggest mistake was when I talked to her. I'd just stepped out of the shower and she was right there when I opened the curtains. I shrieked and stumbled back and she leaned down to me.

"Why?" I asked. "Why are you doing this?"

She told me why. It was because I knew something about her. That altercation ended with a serious head injury that landed me in the hospital.

That's where I am now.

I can't take this anymore. I'm just one person, it's too much. I know what I have to do. I think I always knew.

God, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Her name is Nora. She should be there soon.

Julianking93:
I haven't seen this one used yet, but it's my personal favorite Creepy Pasta story.

Short, sweet and fucking horrifying:

I realize this was a while ago, just reading it now, but that was awesome lol.

S.R.S.:
Go to ED and search creepy pasta.

Damn you! That scared the crap out of me! nice one. :P

DuctTapeJedi:

I WANT ONE!

LimitedPunctuation:

Outright Villainy:

thenumberthirteen:
A picture so scary it scares you slim

Cookie for reference.

Hmm, I don't get it... I assume it's something basic I'm missing? like when I saw slender man in that photo and jumped like a little girl...

it'sa bear, and a smiling skeleton. teeth are called grills. Bear Grylls.

Ummmmm, you are waaaaaay off. It's from Look Around You, they had a weight loss episode and they said "This disturbing picture will scare you slim"

David_G:

Thanks to the thing at 0:41 I won't sleep tonight. Thanks a lot.

DuctTapeJedi:

lol sorry but when i saw that the first thing that came to my mind was this
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bukkake

Another afterlife themed one, just the sort of frame my mind is in at the moment.

Valhalla. In the old times men spoke of leaving this life for one of eternal war, where they would fight enemies so indisputably evil that the gods themselves fought by your side. Then, these men were lost to the dust of history, left behind as new gods filled the void in men's hearts but Valhalla remained. The Vikings left, the gods fell. But Valhalla remembers and Valhalla waits.

Hans held to his rifle, looking nervously at the men with whom he had retreated this far. So many were lost to Russian snow or Russian soldiers or Russian artillery, so many of the boys with whom he had paraded in '41 had become frozen corpses by the side of the road. Now, he thought to himself, only the historians will care who we were. Otto was on the other side of the hole so charitably designated as a trench by Sergeant Heartling. Somehow, through all that they had seen, Otto remained optimistic, still cracking jokes, still confident that Dr. Goebbels told him the truth. The smile had been a rock they could all depend on from Leningrad to the Ukraine to Seelow and now in the inner blocks of Berlin.

The Russians were just across the square from Hans' squad, waiting for that one moment to strike. Somewhere, a rifle cracked. Otto's head snapped back, spraying Karl with a mist of blood. The next round found its way into Hans' throat and he died, gurgling, in front of the steps of the Reichstag.

Hans looked around, shocked. His rifle was still in his hands, he was still alive, Otto unharmed. There was still hope. He must have slipped into another of the nightmares that had followed him home from the snow. Heartling had always insisted that defeatism would lead to nowhere but depression. He remembered how innocent Otto had been in 42, hoping for an Iron cross by 43. They all knew that he had lied about his age to enter the army, but that did not really seem such an issue when Hitler youth were being conscripted alongside Great War veterans. He was so deep in his relief that he actually failed to notice the sound at first, a low howling, like the wind; but when the Russian war cry reached its zenith, all hope drained from his face. They came like ghosts from the smoke and Hans died standing in front of Otto, bayoneted by a soviet soldier while a cry of "URRA! URRA!" seemed to shake the very ground he stood on.

Hans blinked, crouching back in the hole that had pretensions of being a trench. Something was wrong here; he could still feel the pain of the bayonet in his gut. He turned to Otto, to seek some comfort in the smile that the Russians had yet to crush, but failed to set eyes on his friend before the artillery began to land. He tried to huddle deeper into the hole, but to no avail, for one of Stalin's organs took life from all his friends in less time for it had taken them all to light a cigarette at breakfast.
Hans leapt from the trench, running towards the Reichstag as fast as his legs would carry him. He only managed a few steps before Sergeant Heartling him shot him for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Hans waited, and wondered whether he was in hell. He had always felt that his service for the fatherland had been pure, but now he began to wonder. There had been that family in the Ukraine, but orders had been clear and the son had shot Heinrich. For Christ's sake, he just wanted it to end, to not have to see the look in Otto's eyes as pieces of metal , somehow both cold and impersonal and blazing hot, tore his life from him. The Russians were not here yet, but somehow, he knew they would come. He turned away from Otto, so the boy would not have to see the fear in his eyes as he put the rifle to his chin. Jerking the trigger, Hans sent a burning piece of cold, impersonal metal through his brain, bringing merciful darkness.

Hans screamed, a heart tearing sound that sent his friends recoiling away from him in fear.' Let me go', he begged, 'I'm sorry!' he insisted and for a moment, another scene was imposed over the stage that no man's land provided. The Ukrainian family knelt in front of the squad, begging in their incomprehensible barbarian language. Sergeant Heartland dragged the corpse of corporal Weiss in front of them, demanding that they look. Hans, Karl and Otto took positions behind the family and shot them, trying as hard as possible to focus on anything but what they were doing. Otto even cracked a joke afterwards, sad that there were no medals for work such as this. That smile, that now seemed more sinister than comforting, only cracked when the rifles did, and was back before the next round was chambered. Hans was so focused on the scene that he failed to see the bullet that ended his life.

Hans could not bear to look at his friends anymore, instead he hid from their gaze in the hole that had been called a trench and waited to die. Every once in a while, he could see the family watching his personal hell. They never appeared joyous, never vengeful, only a frozen of fear and submission. Other faces came and went, all silent, but all from the places the squad had been, that girl sniper from Leningrad, the deserter and his family in Breslau, the old Jew from the outskirts of Moscow and that family, that goddamn fucking family...
Hans began to hate his friends, for living oblivious while he suffered. He began to see visions of his family, raped and murdered by red army soldiers; he saw his home, burnt to a cinder because his younger brother had been caught hiding some bread when the soviets searched it. Every time he closed his eyes to shield himself from the horrors of the pit he died anew, blinking afresh in the same damned hole. How long had he been here? Did the war continue? Where the visions of his family true?

In time, he noticed something new, something that had always been there, hidden by self pity and fear. There were only four Germans visible from the pit which was not a trench. Sergeant Heartling looked out across no man's land, scanning for Russians. Karl slumped against the earthen wall of the hole, as depressed as he had been on the first day that Hans had died and Otto... Otto hugged his rifle as if it could actually protect him against the hell that was now his home. There were no voices exhorting loyalty to the fatherland or hatred for the Ivan, only a slight muttering coming from Otto. For the first time in his memory of death and rebirth, Hans looked into his friend's eyes. What he saw was no longer a man, but an animal, afraid of the snare. Hans saw this, as the boy's mutterings became comprehensible for one brief moment before the Russians charged again,
"Bitte, Bittie, Nien, Bitte..."

Because even when the men who spoke of her are dust, even when the gods have fallen and their replacements faded; even when the stars have winked out and the wars that feed her are forgotten, Valhalla will remember, Valhalla will wait and with the cries of the fallen innocents ringing in her ears, Valhalla will never, ever forgive.

Judgement101:

LimitedPunctuation:

Outright Villainy:

Hmm, I don't get it... I assume it's something basic I'm missing? like when I saw slender man in that photo and jumped like a little girl...

it'sa bear, and a smiling skeleton. teeth are called grills. Bear Grylls.

Ummmmm, you are waaaaaay off. It's from Look Around You, they had a weight loss episode and they said "This disturbing picture will scare you slim"

I WAS WAY OFF :/

Here's a few images of anencephaly:

Judgement101:

David_G:

Thanks to the thing at 0:41 I won't sleep tonight. Thanks a lot.

Did you watch the whole thing? Because something really interesting happens at the end.

Nigh Invulnerable:
Here's a few images of anencephaly:

That's just gore, nothing scary about that. But taking in consideration that most of the Escapist users aren't so internet savvy, those might come as a shock to them.

RAKtheUndead:

You're welcome.

that was incredible
whilst it's revived my utter terror of nuclear weapons that was still an absolutely fantastic film

Mr.Mattress:
The picture on this one is just too creepy for me to repost. I'll just give you the link:

Spongebob's Bootleg Episode

Also, this one doesn't make sense to me, but it's good none the less.

I don't really get it. Could someone explain this one please?

Sn1P3r M98:

Mr.Mattress:
The picture on this one is just too creepy for me to repost. I'll just give you the link:

Spongebob's Bootleg Episode

Also, this one doesn't make sense to me, but it's good none the less.

I don't really get it. Could someone explain this one please?

I'm guessing that there isn't anything to explain. While viewing the tape, everyone saw different things, they all got scared, the guy's brother was so scared that he had an asthma attack and that was it... I think.

So, the joys of not sleeping...stupid internet

David_G:

Ah yes, I remember looking for the sauce, and I found it, but I guess I never posted it. Those guys are really good. Look at their other videos.

Yes I agree, all of their work is well worth watching. I was never very effected by their Camera Obscura, but for those who might be, here's a link to the series' vid list:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Camera_Obscura
Note that you do NOT have to create a user on dailymotion to watch Camera Obscura but you do need to watch them in order from episode 1 because it's an actual series with progressing plot, not a series of separate short stories like some of their other work. Just wanted to make sure you don't ruin your experience by watching it out of sequence ;)

Oh no...
Oh god no...
The second series of mnarble hornets has begun...
the end times are upon us.

Lead us to the ARK.

the clockmaker:
Oh no...
Oh god no...

Lead us to the ARK.

I only wish they'd give us more already, instead of just teasing us with a few minor details in each episode. It's really slowed down, but you know it's just the roller coaster effect. Starts off fast, then slows down, then goes to the peak of a hill, then WOOSH all your bricks have been shat before you even realize what just happened.

David_G:
Might as well give you a link to an awesome site.
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/main
My personal favorite on that site:

Item #: SCP-173

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

EDIT: I'd also suggest these for reading:
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-914
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/experiment-log-914
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-055
Very interesting.

That sounds a hell of a lot like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. Right down to the snapping of the neck thing. Although the angels don't shit and bleed everywhere.

Tomas Krystinik:

the clockmaker:
Oh no...
Oh god no...

Lead us to the ARK.

I only wish they'd give us more already, instead of just teasing us with a few minor details in each episode. It's really slowed down, but you know it's just the roller coaster effect. Starts off fast, then slows down, then goes to the peak of a hill, then WOOSH all your bricks have been shat before you even realize what just happened.

But you see, we know what is coming, so every figure in the distence, every little bump, every time the camera turns, we are worried about what comes next. I think, when slendy comes, it will be a relief. Wait, thats not the word I'm looking for,
Nightmare, that's it.

There is a monster. This monster does not die. Everytime you kill it. It returns stronger. This monster has many appearances. Sometimes you see it coming. Sometimes it strikes when you least expect it. But be assured. It will strike. This monster is the physical embodyment of fear. There is only one way to stop the evil. You must pretend it is not there. Those who have seen the monster know the truth. Once you have seen it. It never goes away. It is always lurking. Always waiting. In the darkness. In your lonely midnight hours. Mankinds worst creation. A nightmare incarnate. Of course. You only know it as. The Scary Thread...

Leopard:
There is a monster. This monster does not die. Everytime you kill it. It returns stronger. This monster has many appearances. Sometimes you see it coming. Sometimes it strikes when you least expect it. But be assured. It will strike. This monster is the physical embodyment of fear. There is only one way to stop the evil. You must pretend it is not there. Those who have seen the monster know the truth. Once you have seen it. It never goes away. It is always lurking. Always waiting. In the darkness. In your lonely midnight hours. Mankinds worst creation. A nightmare incarnate. Of course. You only know it as. The Scary Thread...

Very nice, dude. Did you write it by yourself?

LaughingAtlas:

Holy crap, just read that. Hilarious.

With love and fear- Mcupobob

David_G:

Leopard:

Very nice, dude. Did you write it by yourself?

Thanks, I did yeah. :)

Pararaptor:

Well kind sir you have officially scared me shirtless! 0-o

Mcupobob:

I really don't get the point of the video, should it be sad, or should I be scared for some reason?

David_G:
snip

Eww... I only read the first two, I didn't have it in me for another.
There's a difference between scary and disgusting. I'm never going to try to eat a meal while reading these sorts of threads again.

DuctTapeJedi:

David_G:
snip

There's a difference between scary and disgusting. I'm never going to try to eat a meal while reading these sorts of threads again.

Well, only those two were actually disgusting, the others are just scary.

David_G:

DuctTapeJedi:

David_G:
snip

Well, only those two were actually disgusting, the others are just scary.

Regardless, I couldn't finish my super.
You, sir, owe me one Lean Cuisine Cheddar Potato and Broccoli meal.

AHHHHH what's really scary about this thread is that it keeps coming back when I least expect it. JUST LIKE A ZOMBIE/GHOST/MOVIE SLASHER/TWILIGHT MOVIE.

David_G:

Mcupobob:

I really don't get the point of the video, should it be sad, or should I be scared for some reason?

There is no point, you watch it and it makes you feel however you feel. So if you didn't get well then there was nothing really to get. I thought it was just a good mind trip.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . . . 47 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked