A Question for Men...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Apocalypse Tank:
I listen to Taylor Swift

I dance to Bollywood tunes alongside Apocalypse Tank.
Currently we do not dance to any Taylor Swift together.

Like the OP I also love romance movies and chick flicks. I've forced my wife to watch a couple with me despite her dislike of the genre.

Talk about my feelings.

Romance is one of my favorite genres. Whether it be a movie, novel, or anime, I love a good romance.

I listened to some j rock at over point.

I'm a dude, and my best friend is a chick that I hang out with and I have to be the shoulder to cry on when she has problems.

I watched lucky star and i liked it. Also am not a vig fan of sports or beer, seriously it tastes like dirt. I also like romance novels good ones though. Honestly I guess I don't fit the whole manly sterotype very well and frankly I don't want to.

I consider most of the things I do fairly gender-neutral, or at least I tend to find a balance. I drink manly things because I don't care for most sweet things. But I also like to cuddle and I'm fairly emotional at times (having only learned two years ago that I had them). I hate sports and I love to cook. Lately the only games that I really get into, and sometimes too into, are ones that can engage me on an emotional level. It's weird, I find chick flicks annoying but I'll get really into the romance in a game or book. And I'm not a "fuck loads of chicks" guy at all... but a few people seem to think I am and it kind of sucks.

I don't think any of that is unmanly though, it's just who I am.

dunno, I hate all beer, does that count?

Apart from that, I am all man :)

I like talking with women. If they are intelligent. Otherwise, goodbye, or pull them pants down.

I'm sorry that was sexist.

Watch soaps, enjoy Jersey Shore, use hand moisturizer, spend alot of time in choosing what you are going to wear, and/or dance ballet.

I talk to girls, as they say, like I'm one of them. I'm not gay, or fabulous, or metrosexual. I just find their conversations a lot more interesting than sitting around with guys talking about guys and fucking.

Of course, when it comes to things to do, it usually is girls and some form of fucking. I feel those two are somehow related

I'm very girly. Love me a shojo when they're good enough (like Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club), love musicals (and I can't make it through Hairspray's "You Can't Stop the Beat" without crying), dress up in fishnets at Rocky Horror Picture Show, learned the Hare Hare Yukai dance, and hate almost every sport except maybe fencing. I'm probably the gayest straight man I know.

Seriously though, men shouldn't be afraid to be just as feminine as they are masculine, and the same goes for women. There was a school of feminist thought in the 1930's that I really like, it discusses how since you are the offspring of both your mother and your father, you should exemplify the sexual qualities of both, while staying androgynous at our core identities. I feel like I do that pretty well, since I also have plenty of masculine ideas and behaviors. My wife and I are planning on having kids in the next couple of years though, I should really make myself more masculine for my children while they're young so they're able to get a healthy view of masculinity. Don't want them to become 3/4 feminine, 1/4 masculine after all, gotta even that out.

GenericAmerican:
I don't like (american)fooball...and as an American male, that is almost unheard of.

hardly, american football and baseball are 2 of the most boring sports there are (its different if you are physically at a game with people who DO like it but the point stands)

and this is coming from someone who is about as american as one can be, im 50% african american and 25% irish and polish. BAZING! but in all seriousness i rarely watch sports, but ones like hockey football and rugby are indeed fun to watch; and im not at all racist.

as for me, well i dont know if anything i do is outright unmanly because everything that defies the stereotype is more of a running joke between me and my friends since we all do (like the song barbie girl, i find it funny as hell because i can always imagine a dance going along with it which makes me laugh)

I actually enjoy cuddling, and won't consider sex without a serious, committed relationship.

Also, I have little interest in sports, find beer utterly repulsive, don't have much interest in cars beyond as a way to get from point a to point b, and I shave my armpits on occasion (In my defence, if the hair gets too thick it hampers the effectiveness of deodorant. Ok... That just made that even less manly...).

Take your pick.

these guys put it into better words than i could

claymoreguy18:
am not a big fan of beer, seriously it tastes like dirt. Honestly I guess I don't fit the whole manly sterotype very well and frankly I don't want to.

i personally compare it to carbonated piss, but thats just me (and dont ask me how i know because if you do then ask yourself how you know what shit tastes like)

Dethpixie:
I consider most of the things I do fairly gender-neutral, or at least I tend to find a balance. But I also like to cuddle and I'm fairly emotional at times (having only learned two years ago that I had them). I hate sports and I love to cook. Lately the only games that I really get into, and sometimes too into, are ones that can engage me on an emotional level. It's weird, I find chick flicks annoying but I'll get really into the romance in a game or book. And I'm not a "fuck loads of chicks" guy at all.

I don't think any of that is unmanly though, it's just who I am.

basically this, but i dont know how to cook and i enjoy PLAYING sports just not watching them.... and when im emotional it tends to degrade into violence kind of fast (ive managed to scare a few people who even knew me and expected it, and im not proud of it) but thats for other reasons (when i get most emotional is when im seriously pissed/annoyed/frustrated at others or myself)

TestECull:

Smack 'em with the DVD or something. Tell 'em "Bad dog" while doing it for extra comedic effect.

It probably won't make them like it any more.

I don't hate the idea of a V8 in the front, RWD at the back and a six speed in the middle. I love that distinctive roar and there just isn't any other engine that can quite match the brute force that comes from just off idle all the way to redline. I just don't want that roar to be the only trick the car has.

Agreed, but you can get a pretty good pull out of some turbo cars, but not from the stand still. :( I managed to find a driving school that used a 2000 Impreza WRX for learner lessons

Examples of cars that fit that description and that I'd love to have include a ZO6 or ZR1 Corvette. Or perhaps a Vauxhall Monaro(I don't want the gawdy GTO rebadge GM sold here, they look awful). Maybe a CTS-V.

Holden Monaro*.... The Monaro started in Australia and the engines are still designed and built in Australia (Dunno about all of them, but we build them for most of the far east.

3.6L V8? What kind of weak kneed boat anchor is that? Rover V8 perhaps? lol my friend has a bigger V6 in his Mustang.

Hahaha! Sorry, that was a typo, actually a typo and a freudian slip. That was the V6, and was supposed to be a 2.6L not a 3.6L. The V8 was 5.0L Sorry. But yeah I was looking at both. Anyway, I picked the smaller car over the saloons that were available.

Honestly I'm not at all surprized the 1.8L felt peppier. I likely would have gone that way too. I mean, if you're gonna have a V8, at least have a proper one that has some authority to it...

It's just a generally zippy car. I love the thing. I was damn glad that I went for the smaller, more economic engine when we drove across Australia.

I used to have a Nissan 200SX-SE 5-speed with a 1.6L four. It could only just outrun continental drift but that thing cornered and stopped well enough to make up for that. I kinda miss that car sometimes...

Nice. I've had a 'thing' for 180SX's ever since I got picked up in one while hitch hiking. Was good.

If it was fun to watch I wouldn't hate it. I don't really mind the oval part of it, what I don't like is the parade-like tone the races take. You can only watch the same five cars go around the same oval for so long before you boredly flip over to Top Gear.

It might be worth looking in to Bathurst man, specifically, Mount Panorama.
Google the Aussie V8's. They're fun.

I watch and enjoy the current generation of My little Pony, even humming the songs of it helps me get through my work day....I'm a terrible, terrible manly man....

I occasionally have sex with men.

GenericAmerican:
I don't like (american)fooball...and as an American male, that is almost unheard of.

Heck, same here.

Also, I play a game series populated with practically nobody but girls.

So, I used to be an infantry soldier, I'm currently an engineer.

I get dirty, I swear, I sweat, I'm kinda hairy... and I really like baking muffins.

That's right, MUFFINS! I'm not ashamed, they're tasty and my kid loves 'em.

Don't dis me if you've never eaten an oven fresh blueberry muffin, or had a decadent rocky road muffin...

I think I'm gonna go make some now.

GenericAmerican:

this

OT: also im a helluva cook and love cooking and photography, they arent the manliest hobbies but i enjoy them so what of it, i think in this past decade the line has become blurred ie men getting waxes, and its more publicly acceptable for a male to care about their appearance.

being very emotional
and love eurobeat music
having good fashion taste

I've watched shoujo anime (target demographic being young girls).

Sightless Wisdom:
I don't watch or play sports, I like cats instead of dogs, I don't really enjoy beer(though I do like Vodka)... the list goes on with small things like that. Of course we all know that the idea of manliness is a flawed gender stereotype... right?

I'm with you, Wisdom. I know I'm quite unmanly - hence my prof. pic. - and am confident there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't know to tell you the truth.

I don't think I do anything unmanly.

Then again, I do barely anything manly in the first place so I have no idea what that makes me.

I cook and I like dance central.

So many things... but I'll pick one:

*Puts hands on waste* I shave my legs.

sheah1:
According to my friends I'm gay as hell, despite being straight, I just generally move around in the most natural way possible, which apparently comes off as gay.

I do the same sorta thing.

I also tend to be fairly bitchy at times, and can easily insert myself into bitchy conversations between girls.

I also don't watch sports. At all. They bore me.

LightspeedJack:
Also I'm not one of these people who just wants to "Fuck loads of chicks" I actually want a serious relationship...some of my friends have told me that makes me gay.

That makes you gay? I guess my serious relationship with my girlfriend makes me gay. Better tell her the news, then. [/sarcasm]

EDIT:

Not G. Ivingname:

Well, that must make me even less manly. What a terrible man I am.

Just kidding. Kirby is fucking amazing. Dude eats people.

I have this thing with hugging... I really like to hug.

I'm a sucker for cute things. Of course, it's not the level of "OMGILOVESUPERDUPERPINK!!", more like "I d'aww at the sight of kittens".

Facials, manicures, and pedicures.

JFuss:
Well some crazy people seem to think that listening to Paramore is unmanly but they is just crazy...

They is crazy. Nothing wrong with paramore.....or Hayley Williams for that matter..

ThatLankyBastard:
and watch Lucky Star...

You've probably been told this already, but Lucky Star is seinen anime. It's made for teenage boys and "young men".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked