Police use pepper spray on a baby squirrel

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

dogstile:

cWg | Konka:
I hope he gets shot by someone for this

Lilani:
I think if he wants to do something like this, he should do it on his own time. Not while he's on duty and in uniform.

Antari:
Is it any wonder the police force put this guy in a school? He should be attending classes there I think.

Johnnyallstar:
I'd like some more info on the situation before I make any judgments, but from what little there is looks really bad for the officer.

Trezu:

cWg | Konka:

i just dont get why no on did anything

imnotparanoid:
What a twat!
no low content post here!

Rayne870:

Lilani:

I don't think he was responding to the animal being there. I think he was there, and the thing happened to walk up and he sprayed it. If they had thought the thing was rabid, they would have gotten the kids inside a long time ago.

We don't have the information to determine that unfortunately.

neonit:
aaaaaah! its a squirrel! its going to destroy us! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
cmon ppl, are you really that dumb? you afraid of flies too?
pathetic.....

edit: whats interesting to me is... what was this police guy doing there? somebody called police?
like in "help us, we are attacked by a squirrel"? and they responded?!

Hey guys, protip

READ THE LINK

He got called out to handle it because they thought it was rabid and it was approaching children.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but i'd rather not risk kids or myself getting rabies, as it can kill you.

And before anyone says "its a baby, it can't bite anyone". They can. They have teeth. They can bite through skin.

yeah... He makes a very effective argument.
Getting rabies would SUCK

They could've just stomped on it. Also I looked this up and it was in Texas, squirrel was lucky it didn't get the 12 gauge.

dogstile:
*snip* =D

Oh God, Thankyou!!! Now I know that I'm not the only one with common sense here!!!

cWg | Konka:

So you're saying that a human life is worth less than an animal's comfort? Good to know you're at least loyal to your own species.

OT: Funny video, brah. I liked the chick(s) screaming for him to stop. They were hilarious.

Seriously though, why not just shoot the little shitter, if it was possibly rabid, that's what we used to do, and goddamn did it work.

Wow, I hope that police officer turned his pepper spray on the annoying chick in the crowd crying about the probably rabid animal. If this was a baby rat would people have the same reaction or is it more realisticly because it's a cute animal therefore officer is wrong.

And no offense to the people saying 'he should be shot!' or 'I hope he gets fired!' but seriously? I've accidentally killed a bird with a bb gun when I was a kid, do I deserve a death sentence?

Considering in America squirrel's often can have rabies this seems fair enough.

Singularly Datarific:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19126_5-adorable-animals-that-are-turning-to-dark-side.html
I think he just read that.

Fuck you and your entire clan, ninja! (joking, don't be offended)

Well, yeah. Squirrels are turning evil and will eat you, so that man is actually a hero.

Ajna:

cWg | Konka:

So you're saying that a human life is worth less than an animal's comfort? Good to know you're at least loyal to your own species.

OT: Funny video, brah. I liked the chick(s) screaming for him to stop. They were hilarious.

Seriously though, why not just shoot the little shitter, if it was possibly rabid, that's what we used to do, and goddamn did it work.

genocide of the human species is one of my goals in life fyi

Lilani:

Rayne870:
Weird that the police responded, but there really is no better way for someone untrained in animal issues to deal with possibly rabid animals. What he needs is the proper equipment, something that animal control should have had. That said it used to be that suspected rabid animals were simply shot. Pepper spray just seems to be a waste of time in that respect.

I don't think he was responding to the animal being there. I think he was there, and the thing happened to walk up and he sprayed it. If they had thought the thing was rabid, they would have gotten the kids inside a long time ago.

I'm sorry lilani, But I've seen you before! You are on EVERY THREAD.

OT I honestly have no idea if pepper spray can be more harmful to an animal like that, but it wasn't right to do that to the squirrel, The worse part is that probably, those idiots startled the thing, "GO SPRAY HIM!" Lady, it's an it and GO FUCK YOURSELF

Good fucking god, COPS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS! Man, they should all be put the fuck down for everyone else's safety. Cops are completely useless nowdays and it really REALLY shows...

A rabid baby squirrel?! You have to be fucking joking me you morons.

jpoon:
Good fucking god, COPS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS! Man, they should all be put the fuck down for everyone else's safety. Cops are completely useless nowdays and it really REALLY shows...

Anyway, it's a damn squirrel, these about a trillion of the little fuckers everywhere, besides it was rabid.

TheTurtleMan:
Wow, I hope that police officer turned his pepper spray on the annoying chick in the crowd crying about the probably rabid animal. If this was a baby rat would people have the same reaction or is it more realisticly because it's a cute animal therefore officer is wrong.

And no offense to the people saying 'he should be shot!' or 'I hope he gets fired!' but seriously? I've accidentally killed a bird with a bb gun when I was a kid, do I deserve a death sentence?

Nah, 100 lashes should do.

Russian_Assassin:

Singularly Datarific:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19126_5-adorable-animals-that-are-turning-to-dark-side.html
I think he just read that.

Fuck you and your entire clan, ninja! (joking, don't be offended)

Well, yeah. Squirrels are turning evil and will eat you, so that man is actually a hero.

He's the forefront of the resistance. We've got stuff to learn.

jpoon:

Well I doubt the squirrel was prancing merrily around the meadow, picking up flowers when the EEEEEEVIL POLICEMAN came along and started torturing it! Squirrels are not as friendly and weak as you think, my fellow escapist.

Besides, if an animal is acting rabid, the best thing to do is immobilize it. I once saw a dog. It looked calm, but as I walked past it (WALKED, I didn't run and I didn't even look at it directly) IT BIT A FUCKING CHUNK OFF MY LEG! Good thing there is no such thing as rabies in Greece. I still have the scar though.

Poor response to a possibly rabid animal, should have gotten the Animal Welfare people (or equivalent) involved, as they are actually trained to deal with that kind of thing.

easternflame:
I'm sorry lilani, But I've seen you before! You are on EVERY THREAD.

Oh, that's because I am everywhere. Everywhere...

:3

*phone call*
IS THIS THE 911? OFFICER -- YES I NEED HELP. Yes. Yes I'll calm down. Sir there is a SQUIRREL here KILLING US. Good. Yes, please send someone fast.

Well ALL the news these days, are about peperspraying, it seems.

Like most sensible people in this thread... I pretty much laughed. The little squeal of pain as it for sprayed XD. Priceless.

Pepper spray doesn't injure you, it can only incapacitate or irritate.

He was moving away from the squirrel, and it kept coming. I'd say that's police 1, squirrel and teenagers 0.

OMG a cute thingy! It must be completely harmless (for cute things are harmless, obviously) Lets do something stupid and then be suprised when it eventually bite our face off.

I guess he used pepper spray since it was a sure hit, otherwise the squirrel would just doge anything else comming its way.

Rabid squirrel

What the guy needed is a BB gun...

A squirrel is just a rat with a hairy tail anyways....

Tsaba:
They pepper sprayed a wild animal.... a wild animal notorious for having rabies... and I'm somehow supposed to have feelings for this thing? Excuse me while I laugh this one off.

THE SQUIRREL HAD SQUAIDS THO....THIS IS SRS!!!.....common people. the kids are dumb...and they were all screaming because one was lol pardon me whil I watch this man and his pet tiger laugh

why not just put a box over it or something and scoop it up? it wasn't really going anywhere was it?

Tsaba:
They pepper sprayed a wild animal.... a wild animal notorious for having rabies... and I'm somehow supposed to have feelings for this thing? Excuse me while I laugh this one off.

I love Calvin and Hobbes.

OT: I don't see a problem, a possibly rabid animal was near children. If this happened before all this PC crap was rampant he would have just pulled a shotgun from his car. If a farmer has to deal with a problem animal he shoots it. If a cop has to deal with a problem animal he gets into shit for pepper spraying it to make it go away just because some school girls fell bad for the bushy-tailed rat.

Tsaba:

This

The officer obviously did the best he could given the circumstance and tools at his disposal, he could have shot it outright.

all the people saying the officer should be shot for pepper spraying a potentially rabid animal should seriously re-evaluate. Darwin must turn in his grave when people this stupid haven't been bread out of the species.

Children > Rabid Squirrel

If Atticus says to shoot it who am I to argue?

Its squirrel for god sake, if it had rabies then good u don't want children getting that shit, they will die!, dont make sense why it was the police an not some sort of animal control who have nets an what not but they would of just put it down.

I shot a bloody squirrel with by air soft gun the other day cause it was raiding my bins, serves it right, prob wont come back to my bins!

So a police officer pepper sprays a rabid baby squirrel to protect himself from contracting rabies from the inevitable bite? Doesn't matter how big the bite is, rabies is rabies. I personally would have stomped the little bastard to death. Pepper spray is a little too safe.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of PETA members in the Escapist lately.

It's a fucking squirrel, get over it. Police pepper spray people all the time, nobody cries over that other than the guy who got sprayed. Let the police do their fucking job without getting your knickers in a twist every time they try and enforce something or protect someone.

What was worse about that entire that was that the privileged little cunts who were taping it thought that it was a better idea to record it while shouting and screaming than to actually try and stop him.

Tsaba:

The cuter an animal is, the more explosively stupid the responses seem to be. Plus being on the internet doesn't help any.

cWg | Konka:

Read the link, the squirrel might have rabbies. Personally, I would have crushed the squirrel with a brick.

Seems like no-one really knows anything about animals here... that was most likely not a baby squirrel, just a normal cute squirrel, and pepper spray isn't really life threatening. If it was behaving oddly then that was as good a solution as any since squirrels are not to be killed unless it can be determined that they have to. It looks horrible, and it most like was horrible for the squirrel. The article states that the squirrel is OK, so what's the big deal?

How dare the officer take out a potentially dangerous animal approaching human beings that could have diseases. It was so cute, I'm sure those students would have gladly caught all sorts of diseases just to bask in it's cuteness.

I'm on the fence with this one... it's cruel but I laughed at this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here