Easter - what did you get?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

For my family, Easter is a big occasion. We're not religious, it's just an excuse for presents and merriment in the same way that Christmas is.
So I'm back home with my folks right now and we just had an egg hunt in the garden. My dad destroyed me but that's okay because they had bought me three comic trades (Batman, Supergod and American Vampire) and a bloody beard trimmer! How awesome?!

So what did you get, Escapists?

A chocolate Easter egg. Sadly we do not celebrate Easter as well as you do. Though my parents are gifting themselves to visit my sister who lives quite a few miles away from us.

I got the feeling of immense thankfulness that our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, died for our sins so we could one day find our selves at his side in the Kingdom of Heaven.....PPPFFFFFFTT!!!!

HA! I had you there! I'm just kidding lol. I got a bunch of chocolate bunnies to nom to death like I am a badass rabbit eating badass. Fucking love chocolate. I also got drunk on craft beer. WINNING.

because my family is more broke than bill the broke broker, we didn't have an easter celebration :(

An Easter Egg to share with my brother. Who is unfortunately visiting a friend tonight and therefore will not be able to eat aforementioned egg....ever.

A candy egg and LEGO. I was really surprised that I got LEGO, since I haven't gotten LEGO from my parents since I was...10 maybe?

Esotera:
An Easter Egg to share with my brother. Who is unfortunately visiting a friend tonight and therefore will not be able to eat aforementioned egg....ever.

Tell him you ate the egg in remembrance of him.

I am at that age where I get nothing but Monday I will raid the store for candy at like 75% off.

What's Easter about again? Oh yeah Zombies...

Maybe I'll play left4dead or watch 28 days later again whilst eating a chocolate effegy of an unborn ostrich!

Chocolate, money and Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes...once it arrives in the mail.

My wife got me a chocolate egg.

It made me happy.

Two chocolate Easter Eggs which I had to buy myself. I've been told I am a bit to old for them but I don't care.

Sunburn, yay!

Seriously, that's what I got. I took my dad to the Royal Easter Show, which led nicely into the football game that was on in essentially the same place. Which our team won.

Didn't get any chocolate, I'm trying to cut back... :P

Wait you can get present in Easter other than a chocolate egg?
Anyway I got nothing as usual since I stop getting a chocolate Easter egg several years ago.

DANEgerous:
I am at that age where I get nothing but Monday I will raid the store for candy at like 75% off.

Aww :(

I don't think you are ever too old for Easter chocolate. Every year I send my mother a care package filled with goodies, and my partner and I feast on chocolate eggs.

Broady Brio:
A chocolate Easter egg. Sadly we do not celebrate Easter as well as you do.

Yeah, same here. My parents more than make up for it around Christmas though, so I really can't complain.
It's kind of a pain in the arse seeing all my friends get money when I'm skint, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

I got a big-ass Galaxy easter egg, cause my Mum knows Galaxy is my favourite chocolate.

Influenza.

a 1 lb peanut butter melt away egg. I love peanut butter but man...it's a little much.

Hateren47:
Influenza.

The solution...

I got a bag of chocolate candy and a chocolate bunny. Same thing my house gets every easter ever since....ever. You wake up, get candy, thank parents, and go about your day. Pretty boring shit here at my house.

Nothing. I'm 19 years old

Living roughly in the same social class as The Simpsons...well maybe more in line with Rosanne + realism...Easter isn't a gift-giving holiday for my family like Christmas. I got a little basket with various chocolate candies and a box of sour-patch kids and a Nerds Rope to even out the chocolate.

My GF on the other hand got a Pink 3DS...Lucky...

Loadsa chocolate.

I never understood why you Brits and Americans treat easter like Christmas in terms of presents.

DANEgerous:

One is never too old to get chocolate at Easter.

Never.

it was easter? so my answer would be nothing

presents?

i just got three chocolate eggs and a much larger waistline

People exchange gifts during Easter?

I have just been culturally enriched, and not in the "a-racial-minority-just-mugged-me-on-the-street" way

so much candy...
not enough time...

I got the usual chocolate,... as well as a sick dog. :'(

I'm really surprised to see that people get things for Easter.
This is an entirely new development that I should look into.
I'll probably buy myself candy, that's usually what I do with money.

Candy, Song of Fire and Ice 2 Clash of Kings, and Inheritance. Now I have my reading back log.

A big-ass chocolate bunny and some caramel-filled cadbury eggs.

Life is awesome.

I got chocolate eggs like most other people, though I love the one that says auntie from my niece and her parents.

12 Cadburys cream eggs and 1 big egg. Also a chocolate bunny thing.

One, one kilo chocolate egg.
Nomnomnom

I got a small mountain of cadburys cream eggs from my mum. There must have been about 30 of them xD
i loves me some cream eggs.
My dad wen't overboard and bought me some really expensive historical monographs for my dissertation. Including a series of books on the campaigns in North Africa that cost something like 400. What a guy.

I got two chocolate eggs, which each came with two creme eggs annd that's it. I don't actually celebrate easter, infact i'm surprised i even received anything at all, the past few years we've forgotten about it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked