3.6% (39)
Well below average
1.8% (20)
1.8% (20)
I can count to potato!
6.2% (68)
6.2% (68)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Rate your Intelligence! (UPDATED: NOW WITH I.Q. TEST TO PROVE YOUR BRAVDO!)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Above average.

According to a free online test from Mensa.Be I have 67 per cent of chance in getting into Mensa.

Copy of email I got.

Nous vous remercions de votre participation au pré-test de Mensa Belgique

Vous avez répondu correctement à 29 questions sur 33.
Avec ce résultat, vos chances de réussir le test final d'admission
à Mensa s'élèvent à 67 %.

Maybe they told it was 67 per cent for me to spend money on the real admission test :p

btw everyone can take the test and french is not needed unless for reading the test, but almost everyone will understand what's to answer.

Joez19:
Sadly, this forum does not allow me to input my correct age, which would probably suprise you. I know that I.Q. is not a perfect judgment of intellect, but I do belive that it would be fitting to add that my I.Q, as tested yesterday, was 183, so quite sufficient to be considered genius. However, the arguments on this forum on the validity of these so-called genius ratings are quite reasonable, but I might add that there can, and should be, a higher concentration of geniuses here, for the obvious reasons. Further, to back up my self-assessment as a genius,I have attended several international math competitions where i was the youngest by at least 2 years, and I achieved a professional level in guitar in 1.5 years time, as compared to the usual 30+ years it should take, is quite an achievement. In addition, I am bilingual, and can be mistaken as a native in America and Spain. But, of course, given my age, I'm probably the stupidest here, but relative to my respective age group, I'm definitely a genius.. But, hey, age isn't something I can really help.

As a final thought, most people here place themselves at slightly above average, knowing the psychology behind it. In reality, there is a very small likelihood that they are not significantly above average, seeing as they took the time to post on this thread, which they would not be attracted to, otherwise. And according to the Kruger-Dunning effect, smarter people rate themselves lower, because they think that since a test was easy to them means that that test was easy to everyone else, which is not exactly a contributing factor toward a good personality.

Isn't it ironic you just said you're a genius but people above average wouldn't care about this thread? I highly doubt you can say what interest people by intellect. My brother is a genius but he gets his kicks by pretending to be retarded.

As for me it depends on what kind of scale you're measuring intelligence. If you're going by the mean I'm smarter since there's a lot of stupid people who lower the average. If you're going by the median I'm average.

I like to think I'm smart but I make a lot of stupid decisions, ones that are usually informed by laziness and/or apathy. Smart enough to recognize my problems but not intelligent enough to take control of them. I'm probably just your average idiot when it's all said and done.

I was always told I had great potential, smartest kid in the room &e. Always scored in the top 2% on all the standardized tests. IQ of 144 all sorts of bull.

None of that meant jack and I still dropped out of high school.

I'm smart, but most people are. Really, I'm not pulling your leg. Descartes was right about that; everyone, yes everyone, has reason and if they use it they seem smart, if they don't they seem stupid.

That's why I put average on the poll. I will never be a physicist but I'll debate the shit out of anyone who is. (At least when it comes to philosophy and theology)

Hero in a half shell:
How smart do you think you are in relation to the rest of your country; Below average, average or above average, and what proof would you have to back that up?
It'll be interesting to see what results we get from the Escapist.

62 people are a meme. I think your question is biased.

I scored genius levels on IQ tests when I was a kid, but now I can only really trick people into thinking I'm smart by saying a lot of made up words real quick. Where did I go so wrong?

Spade Lead:

Hero in a half shell:
How smart do you think you are in relation to the rest of your country; Below average, average or above average, and what proof would you have to back that up?
It'll be interesting to see what results we get from the Escapist.

62 people are a meme. I think your question is biased.

Haha, this thread is still going? Awesome!

I put added a link to a free I.Q. test, I got 129 in it, that should make the question a little less biased, no?
Go on, give it a go, let's see what you've got!

A'ight brosephs; what do I win?

Does this vindicate my claim to an above average intelligence? I can't tell without knowing a few metrics related to the test.

But in all honesty, I don't really care. When can I get back to dunking n00bs in Halo, bro?

I feel inadequate now.

Though, aren't IQ tests supposed to be timed? I put in the same answers twice, obviously much faster the second time. Both yielded the same result.

That IQ test was bull shit. It dealt with a lot of spatial reasoning, witch anyone who is here is likely going to have a major advantage with. And anyway all an IQ test tells you is how good you are at taking an IQ test.

Plus at the bottom there is something that says "The gay test" not a sight I would trust.

Now where's my prize?
Silly IQ test.
You can't measure intelligence just by taking a simple test. Either it's soo simplified... Or it's biased towards one type of intellect.
In this case, it's biased towards the kind of person who knows URL's.

This, like all IQ tests, suffers from the fact that as you get older the test becomes less about how smart you are and more about what you have learned. That said, anything above 120 is considered Genius, so I don't mind being lumped in with all of you other geniuses.

IQ Test

these tests are bullshit. I'm not nearly that smart.

To back up my claims of being above average:

Yeah, that test was too simplistic.

Free IQ Test

I did not bad though I have to admit I had to guess on one or two of the pattern ones and I really am not good at putting together names from jumbles of letters.

Free IQ Test

... and? What is that supposed to prove I wonder...

Though this test seemed a bit dumb to me... :/ Just like me! Yay w/e dumb joke... -_-

Tayh:
You can't measure intelligence just by taking a simple test. Either it's soo simplified... Or it's biased towards one type of intellect.

Eh... and not long enough as well, methinks. How is one supposed to deduce (competently) one's IQ from four pages of questions, many of which were distinctly similar enough to be identical...

Doubtful 21.5% of people here are geniuses. People these days just don't understand the full scope of the word. I am not going to go into depth to explain why, but it takes a hell of a lot more than achieving exceptional academic grades or high IQ test scores, because that only makes you talented at most. Statistically, I'd say one person in a million is a genius. Given the current population of this world, there would be roughly 7053 geniuses. Which is a much more realistic count than the statistics of this thread suggests...

The way I see it, genius has become such a loose and misunderstood term that if most peoples' interpretations were correct, then by now at least cancer would have been cured by the sheer statistical amount of existing geniuses that some figures suggest.

Behold the glory that resides within my brain!

IQ Test

I tried several times and was not able to get lower than 74. I feel cheated; I should be much, much dumber than this.

Heh, I got a score of 115.

IQ Test

Thats with 6 and a half beers in me. Another day and another test, that score will be different, I don't really trust any of these online tests to be fair.

Not only are IQ tests like that notoriously inaccurate, the "proof" is easy to fake.

Case in point:
IQ Test

IQ Test

And no, neither of the above scores reflect the actual value of my IQ.

Hero in a half shell:
http://www.free-iqtest.net/

Dunno if that test is legit mate, I skipped the last page and a half because I had to leave, and still got 107. Which means it's probably rigged...

Got 140. That's pretty good I think.
I can't believe how many people put themselves down as "Genius". Really, people? over 200 Escapists are geniuses?

I, know for a fact, that I am the smartest person... in this post.

The test was fun, but you could see the cultural bias a mile off. Definitely not reliable

MrGalactus:
Got 140. That's pretty good I think.
I can't believe how many people put themselves down as "Genius". Really, people? over 200 Escapists are geniuses?

I think its just that over 200 consider themselves more than 'slightly above average'. It was poor pollmanship to jump straight from a central position to an extreme and that's given the illusion of inflated egos. (although some people might consider themselves geniuses, you never know).

Free IQ Test

That was with me being a complete lazy bastard ans guessing all the number sequences.
I don't trust this thing one bit, tbh.

WOT, Web of Trust, says that site has a poor reputation, so I won't be taking the test, but I have taken other tests, and they have ranged from low to high 140s.

Personally I take it with a grain of salt, and would only trust a test administered by a professional, which I have not had one.

Yeah, pretty similar to what I've gotten in the past.

Of course, it is easily offset by my laziness. To put things very bluntly, I don't utilize it to its full potential. So there you go.

I'm too dumb to be allowed to procreate. So I won't. (/partial sarcasm)

Ooh yeah! KNEEL BEFORE MY LARGE, SEXY BRAIN! :P

I guessed average. I like to think to myself that I'm smarter than others, but really, most people like to think that about themselves. However, intelligence is like a muscle. Activate it and it will grow, neglect it and it will shrink.
Plus, I don't really think IQ tests measure intelligence as much as they measure one's talent in answering IQ tests.

Online IQ Test

I guessed average
Free IQ Test
Free IQ Test
121 which according to wikipedia is in the bottom of "exceptional" but I doubt the legitness of this test.
Here's the scale I saw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_reference_chart

Hhmmm, something tells me that test isn't too thorough!!

Free Online IQ Test
Free Online IQ Test

I like to think I'm above average. I'm pretty good at English, History, Sciences and Computing but I can't do maths to save my life... Weird really...

120 - 155
That's my range for these tests.
Do I consider myself intelligent? Well if I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to formulate thoughts and then type them out almost simultaneously. That's how I know I must be intelligent, and why everyone else able to post a response to the inquiry in the title (regardless how sarcastic) must be intelligent as well.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked