Why Did You Pick Your Avatar?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

What is your Avatar?
It's Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum

-Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?
Arkham Asylum (and City) is one of my favourite games. I have a strange obsession with Harley. I find her beautiful, smart and empowering. Also she kicks arse pretty good.
Most importantly she appeals to me because I empathize with her so much. My infatuation with some men have driven me to the edge of sanity and I would probably do the same things for my boyfriend as she does for The Joker. I've been in the same situation where she loves the man who cares so little for her but will do anything to make him happy and will let herself be treat poorly because she loves him.
Seeing it happen to a fictional character puts it in perspective. Don't stay with anyone who doesn't love you.

Does it have any meaning or importance to you?
Apart from what I put above, not really. Although it looks like she's pointing to my post which is amusing.

Just changed it there now =P

What is your Avatar?

Auron from FFX. It was before too, only now its a gif X)

Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?

I wanted a gif =P And it's not over the top but still reasonably awesome. It is and has been to go with the username.

Other than the fact that Auron is badass? Not really no.

EDIT: WHAT DO YOU KNOW!? IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING! >.< Is there some kinda trick to it I'm not aware of?

-What is your Avatar?

My avatar is Rigby from Regular Show.

- Why did you choose it to be your Avatar?

I chose it to be my avatar cause Rigby is one of my favorite cartoon characters, and this is one of my favorite scenes of him.

- Does it have any meaning or importance to you?

As mentioned previously, he is one of my favorite cartoon characters. To elaborate, I feel that he and I are very similar in personality and humor.

- What is your Avatar?
It is a simpler version of the house insignia of House Steiner from the BattleTech universe.

I'm a Steiner fanboy ever since I've been old enough to learn BattleTech from my parents.
First I liked the insignia and the colors of Steiner units, then I found out that it was supposed to be some sort of Space Germany and found it hilarious, then I was old enough to read the novels and fell in love with it even more.

I just like the symbol so I carry it as my avatar in most forums I visit.
Also in BT related forums I like to claim to be the only true Steiner loyalist around.

Well it is just a normal picture of a Zigzagoon.

Just kidding. It's a picture of a Zigzagoon STARING AT YOUR SOUL

Why did you choose this image?

ITS A PICTURE OF A ZIGZAGOON STARING AT YOUR SOUL, WHAT ELSE?!!!!

Sears though. I thought it was pretty freakin hilarious.
I mean come on. Just look at it! He looks like he just saw death himself!

Does it hold any significance value for you?

Yeah it does...but I am pretty sure it is sort of a secret so....

Becuase it's Mr T dancing with a top hat and cane, or to put it another way it is the very definition of awesome.

1. It's a catgirl. I forgot the details, but it's from some anime which I haven't watched.

2. I found a gif of her on 4chan, and thought she was attractive. I made the current version myself, by putting several gifs of her together.

3. People keep spamming my inbox asking what it is. It's annoying and I just ignore them, but it also means this is my most noticed avatar so far, which is cool I suppose.

WHAT! It's the ranger character from Heroica, the short-lived RPG board game series released by LEGO a couple of years ago.
WHY! I really enjoy the games, and the Ranger is my favourite class to play as. Also his associated colour in game is blue, which happens to be my favourite colour.
MEANING! There's no 'special meaning' behind it, besides the aforementioned love of the game, and happy coincidence that my preferred character is my preferred colour.

staika:
-snip-

Question: am I supposed to get 'Vodka' literally every single time I try your little death game?

- What is your Avatar?
An agent from syndicate.

Because I like Irony.

Not really to be honest.

What is your Avatar?
One of the first images I created when I started my graphic design schooling. It's a cartoon representation of me (or I guess it is a cartoon representation of what I looked like in 2004 when I created the image).

What better way to show everyone how awesome and sexy I am than to show you a fake picture!? Also, if you stare at me long enough, you get a nice surprise :D

It's a picture of myself before I became jaded and bitter at the world. Such a naive college kid...

My avatar is a frame from the video Hedgehogs by Mr. Weebl. The frame is basically just a Hedgehog telling a car "Come on at me bro!" I just liked the song at the time since it was constantly in my head. Most of Weebl's stuff I find super catchy. Has no real importance to me, I just like hedgehogs.

What is your avatar?

A Pinkie animation by our own Pinkamena.

Why did you choose it to be your avatar?

Because I felt like it.

Besides that it's from an Escapist user? Not much.

- John Harrison from Star Trek Into Darkness.

- I have a pile of avatar gifs just laying around, I thought I'd make use of this one. Star Trek Into Darkness is relevant now more than ever.

- Benedict Cumberbatch has been a favorite actor of mine for quite some time. His performance easily stole the spotlight of the entire film. He's quite the looker too, isn't he? (I have my own gripes with the way J.J. handled his character in the script, but that's for another, more spoiler-filled discussion.)

My avatar is my facebook picture, and I believe I made my account here by linking facebook or something..

..so that's that.

1- Self portrait, animu style.
2- I drew it myself.
3- It's me, what else? =D

Now, to sound like less of a Richard, I try to use that one as much as possible, so if people find em somewhere else they could go, "Have I seen him before?" Of course... it never happened...

-What is your Avatar? : A Blue-Timber Werewolf - Bestial Vampire Hybrid in a state of mania!
- Why did you choose it to be your Avatar? : I made it to be such.
- Does it have any meaning or importance to you? : It was something that was bouncing around in my head for a long time and it was only shortly before I created it that I had the skill and vision to articulate what I saw in my head and myself.

Mine is Avatar Roku from Avatar the Last Airbender. I chose it because it's a badass gif, and because yes, it does have importance to me. Even though I finished watching the series when I was 19/20, this show was the greatest thing I've ever witnessed. It's got an incredible story with great characters, and moments to this day that still give me goosebumps. I will have my kids watch it later in life, and I will never get sick of it.

Mine is Katie from 'Horton Hears A Who'. For those who don't know the character she's small, quiet and simple minded and does weird things like make <<this face and sigh.

I wanted an avatar which didn't make me look like I was trying to be too cool or glamourous, I wanted something non-threatening and a little bit humourous. Although Katie in particular holds no real significance to me it was pretty deeply considered in how I'd like to present myself to a group of faceless strangers.

I still didn't pick one xd
Cheers

it comes from MS paint, red bull and boredom. and i was actually happy enough with it to make it my online persona

My avatar is a part of an album cover by The Enigma TNG. GhostMachine to be exact. I don't really know why I picked it. It could be that I just enjoyed the album and when I looked at the corners I thought they would do very well as avatars, so I made them into a couple of avatars, and also enjoying the amount of black and blue and white colours mixing together. I guess it matches my actual personality that I want to express in some minor way.

- Hana Tsu Vachel, the lead character from the Fear Effect series on the PS1.

- It's game related, so seemed right for a gaming site.

- Fear Effect and its sequel are two of my favourite games. To this day I'd give up almost any current or next gen title you care to mention for a playable copy of the third game, which was cancelled very far into development.

Ah, well let's see, Mine is a little something I made in Adobe Illustrator, basically it's an abstract interpretation of the Roman god Janus (Also sometimes referred to as Bifrons which is latin for "two-faced") he is the god of beginnings and endings and is also said to be an in between of civility and savagery. I chose this because sometimes in my life I have a hard time with doing what I want and not doing what I need, so this idea of balance was something that I was drawn to. I don't want to just give up on my dreams and desires, but at the same time I know I need to grow up and begin to take responsibility to move my life forward. Eh, may seem a little pretentious, but I don't care. :P

What is your Avatar?

What?: Feferi from Homestuck.

Why?: It was a gif, related to Homestuck, that wasn't completely junk.

Any meaning?: No! I intended this to be a one month gif for March Mayhem last year. But an entire year has passed since then, and I still don't have a new avatar.

I'unno. I'm not on this site as much as when I was a year or so ago. Avatars don't mean much to me. If I change avatars, it'll be from me being sick of my current one, not that I found anything better.

InfernalPaladin:
1. Knight Solaire of Astora

2. Because Solaire is my favourite NPC from Dark Souls, and Dark Souls is my favourite game.

3. Sentimental value, Solaire was the first NPC I actually cared about on more than a "does this help me in my game" sense, it was genuinely difficult to bring myself to kill him in Lost Izalith on my first playthrough.

Praise the Sun! \0/

I really liked Solaire too, although the Crestfallen warrior is the first NPC of that game that I took a mild interest in. I think I killed both of them, now that I think about it, but I'm pretty sure Solaire can be saved if the right steps are taken. Dark Souls is also probably my favorite game.

Which brings me to the topic.
1. It's a Darkwraith.

2. I chose it because I love the way it looks, and I often wore the armor in-game.

3. It kinda has sentimental value because my first set of Darkwraith armor was given to me as a gift from a friend.

TheYellowCellPhone:
What is your Avatar?

What?: Feferi from Homestuck.

Why?: It was a gif, related to Homestuck, that wasn't completely junk.

Any meaning?: No! I intended this to be a one month gif for March Mayhem last year. But an entire year has passed since then, and I still don't have a new avatar.

I'unno. I'm not on this site as much as when I was a year or so ago. Avatars don't mean much to me. If I change avatars, it'll be from me being sick of my current one, not that I found anything better.

...is that the one I made (well, I didn't really make it, I just added the M)? I can take the March Madness symbol back out if you wish.

EDIT: Yup, I found the file on my computer so I just popped the M out. If you want to use it w/o the M, here it is:

I just had the urge to change my avatar not that long ago.

1) It's Sasha "Potato Girl" Braus from Attack on Titan

2) Because while she's is essentially a very minor character, some may say cannon fodder, she's just so... quirky and kooky that I can't help but enjoy her whenever she pops up, and I swear to god if she dies I'm gonna punch something (Don't spoil that for me, by the way.)

3) Nope, I just like quirky characters, and I just like this image.

1 It's Frog from Chronotrigger. He's pretty awesome.
2 Because he's awesome. I know that other characters are more awesome than him (even in the game) but I love him the most.
3 Yeah, but they're stupid reasons no one cares about.

I'd probably only change it to either Celes from FF6 or a .gif of him cutting the mountain in half.

My avatar is Yu Narukami in Persona 4 Arena pointing his finger out, and I have photoshopped Phoenix Wright's OBJECTION logo over the picture.

Basically I just thought it had a good contrast, and since MegaTen and Ace Attorney are two of my favorite series, it just worked out nicely.

Mine is the monkey from timesplitters future perfect, because quite frankly, that is one of the best games I have ever played. There is a massive campaign to get the series restarted again. Aside from that it was a game that was fun to develop for anyone on the dev team because they did what they wanted with it, and it is even more fun to play. I'd take it over any shooter nowadays.

The ladies of the Anime Roasario+Vampire is my avatar picture.

I choose Rosario+Vampire because it is my favorite anime off all time. (Don't judge me)

Guess the only meaning would be I like the show...

What is your Avatar?
A gryphon, griffin or griffon
A "bald" gryphon to be exact

Couple of years ago dragon was always a "big" deal and was always a go to when portraying Medieval/Fantasy
I personally wasn't very fond of dragon and eventually chose griffin, because it was one of my favorite unit from one of my favorite game, the griffin in Heroes of Might and Magic

Can't be more true than the wiki description

"As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle was the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature."

Also I chose bald in reference of having a white head (bald eagle) instead of the usual brown, just of a preference

Mariah Carey - Butterfly album.

I chose it because it's one of the best albums of all time.

Meaning...I think she's the best singer on the planet.

1) It's the Symbol of Torment

2) Aside from Planescape: Torment still ranking on top of my favorite games ever, it's also one of the most powerful symbols I've come across in life so far.

3) Meaning and importance to me? Why yes, it does have that. But I'd rather not go into the details about it here, people might find it weiiiiiird.

A picture of a lone tree, no meaning, I just liked the idea.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked