Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 31 NEXT

... I'm sure it had to be done.
But, try to keep your hands clean ... The Hunter should hunt Beasts.

Elieen the Crow watches with her back to the wall, observing the scene carefully. She keeps her head low, arms crossed without the intention of interfering. Despite the fear of The Beast being one of them, they also were far more afraid of offing their own friends in this panic. They knew what would happen if the execution were to take place. For you see, even in the Hunter's Dream, a safe haven for Hunters ... it did not mean no harm could come to a Hunter by his own brothers and sisters. For you see, once you die within the Hunter's Dream without the proper ritual to be had ...

You will die in real life, but that mattered little to the Hunters with fear growing in their hearts.
Without hesitation, they went through with the execution without any mercy.

Oh boy who did we end up killing?

I bet it's Glenn. Glenn can never be trusted

The suspense is killing me... well, not literally.

erttheking:
Oh boy who did we end up killing?

I bet it was Dinkleberg

As the Hunters, or more importantly, their daggers, turned towards Gothah Ewok, he could only shrug.

"Not a big numbers crowd, huh?" was not much of an epitaph, but it was all he could manage before various scythes and blunderbusses tore him to pieces.

I had no role.

Crap. One down.

I'm starting to wonder if some insight might not be a bad thing. Then again Gauche appears to be teetering on the verge of madness.

Who'd we- oh. I... If the beast is here with us it's probably safer in the hunt than the dream. If the beast is here with us it's probably safer in the hunt than the dream. If the beast is here with us it's probably safer in the hunt than the dream. If the beast is here with us it's probably safer in the hunt than the dream. If the beast is here with us it's probably safer in the hunt than the dream.

I have two theories as to who it is already. They're both probably wrong so I'll be watching from a distance but if I do somehow turn out to be right I'll be sure to claim I'd said it now. Or I'll build bombs. Both sound reasonable.

Programmed_For_Damage:
Crap. One down.

I'm starting to wonder if some insight might not be a bad thing. Then again Gauche appears to be teetering on the verge of madness.

On one hand, I feel like I should do Insight just to check it out and see what happens.

On the other hand, banana says that I shouldn't mess with becoming crazy and risk believing that my food is actually my best friend...

Decisions decisions

SupahEwok:

As the Hunters, or more importantly, their daggers, turned towards Gothah Ewok, he could only shrug.

"Not a big numbers crowd, huh?" was not much of an epitaph, but it was all he could manage before various scythes and blunderbusses tore him to pieces.

I had no role.

I lol'd. But yeah, that sucks, man.

Gauche:

Something about no regrets. I dunno.

EDIT: First four is just nonsense limericks about a broken banjo and taking it to a mender shop. Last line must be, "Won't be hard to find. No regrets."

Arnoxthe1:

Gauche:

Something about no regrets. I dunno.

I used to have an old banjo, that rested on my knee
But now the strings are broken down, it's no more use to me
I took it to the [something] shop, to see what he could do
He said the strings are broken down, it's no more use to you
[something] to find no regrets

It's nice. It rhymes.

Programmed_For_Damage:
I used to have an old banjo, that rested on my knee
But now the strings are broken down, it's no more use to me
I took it to the [something] shop, to see what he could do
He said the strings are broken down, it's no more use to you
[something] to find no regrets

It's nice. It rhymes.

It is pretty good, yeah.

Caramel is really pulling overtime for us.

No strings, no puppet, no use, no mending, no doll?

altnameJag:

Yeah. We're not really getting any information from people who have insight so far either.

Unless...

I am terribly confused by the insight people

Arnoxthe1:

altnameJag:

Yeah. We're not really getting any information from people who have insight so far either.

Unless...

Beware the nonsense limerick.

EDIT: Anit-American Eagle has some interesting commentary, but no insight on the player list

altnameJag:

EDIT: Anit-American Eagle has some interesting commentary, but no insight on the player list

I was thinking that the killer might be linked to banjos or music in general but looking at the player list, I don't think so.

kenu12345:

Caramel is just taking some liberties with the editing tool. lol

Arnoxthe1:

altnameJag:

I was thinking that the killer might be linked to banjos or music in general but looking at the player list, I don't think so.

Cotton Eye Joe not on the player list then? Sorry, I know we are worrying bout a killer but had to

Arnoxthe1:

kenu12345:

Caramel is just taking some liberties with the editing tool. lol

Ha I see

kenu12345:
Cotton Eye Joe not on the player list then?

Arnoxthe1:

kenu12345:
Cotton Eye Joe not on the player list then?

Again, sorry :'^) Had to take the bad joke

kenu12345:
Again, sorry :'^) Had to take the bad joke

How dare you and stuff.

altnameJag:

EDIT: Anti-American Eagle has some interesting commentary, but no insight on the player list

You know what, I was thinking the same thing. Offering a helpful hint, or a bit of misdirection? Also, is anyone on the player list from the (stereotype alert) "South"? Or a big fan of the movie Deliverance?

Remind me to buy Caramel something when it's all over. How much is a virtual beer these days?

Sorry guys, I'm at work. Once I get home I'll be sure to advance the game along!!

kenu12345:

Here's my understanding, and I could be totally wrong. From now on, at the start of every round, the Hunters gain 1 point of Insight. How this manifests, well you've seen but a sample of it through Gauche. It seems to be unpredicatble, but we gain knowledge or cryptic clues about the way things are progressing that only the GM knows. For example you might find out if or who might have voted for you in the last round.

Now building up Insight over rounds obviously takes time, and people tend to die over time. You can do what Gauche and AltnameJag have done and PM the GM (Caramel - a.k.a the Great One) to grant you Insight. He then rolls a 20 sided dice to grant you a certain amount of Insight. If your Insight (the amount you have now + the dice roll) goes over 20 you go Mad and the Hunters have gotsta put you down before you start killing. Alternatively the mysterious Doll can remove some of your Insight and potentially cure your madness.

Knowing my luck I'll ask for added Insight and get a 20 rolled and go immediately Mad, which is why I've so far resisted the urge.

Programmed_For_Damage:

kenu12345:

Here's my understanding, and I could be totally wrong. From now on, at the start of every round, the Hunters gain 1 point of Insight. How this manifests, well you've seen but a sample of it through Gauche. It seems to be unpredicatble, but we gain knowledge or cryptic clues about the way things are progressing that only the GM knows. For example you might find out if or who might have voted for you in the last round.

Now building up Insight over rounds obviously takes time, and people tend to die over time. You can do what Gauche and AltnameJag have done and PM the GM (Caramel - a.k.a the Great One) to grant you Insight. He then rolls a 20 sided dice to grant you a certain amount of Insight. If your Insight (the amount you have now + the dice roll) goes over 20 you go Mad and the Hunters have gotsta put you down before you start killing. Alternatively the mysterious Doll can remove some of your Insight and potentially cure your madness.

Knowing my luck I'll ask for added Insight and get a 20 rolled and go immediately Mad, which is why I've so far resisted the urge.

Thanks for the clear up.

Without a second thought, you Hunters have taken SupahEwok's life.

The kill was gruesome, filled with the cries of a man whom felt every blade tore through his flesh while strapped to a chair. He did not die an honorable death trying to cleanse the streets of Yharnam, rather, he was betrayed by his own people, whom had nothing to go with when they accused him of being The Beast. All of them stood around, bathed in the blood of an innocent.

Oh, the humanity ... and they say only the beasts are monsters. With that said and done, most of the Hunters began to bicker and threaten one another again, hands trigger-happy as their thumbs rested on their pistols. As you try not to let fear take you, there's a very faint whisper that touches your mind. In a frantic fashion, you look to see whom was trying to speak with you. But alas, none where near you to even talk. Was the whisper really there, or was it the guilt from butchering a human being out of fear itself?

You have gained 1 Insight

Suddenly, a figurine approaches you from behind. You turn with your weapon drawn, the pistol ready to fire. However, rather than seeing another Hunter, you see ... a girl? She looks at you with concern, but her expression is emotionless, despite the gun pointed at her. You lower your weapon, and ask who she is. She takes a moment, before replying to you in a civil manner.

Hello, good hunter. I am a doll, here in this dream to look after you. Honourable hunter, pursue the echoes of blood and I will channel them into your strength. You will hunt beasts and I will be here for you, to embolden your sickly spirit.

Over time, countless hunters have visited this dream. The graves here stand in their memory... it all seems, so long ago now.

Did you speak with Gehrman? He was a hunter long, long ago. But now serves only to advise them. He is obscure, unseen in the dreaming world. Still, he stays here, in this dream. Such is his purpose.

Seeing how no one else has noticed, you firmly grab her arm before taking her away, the south side of the bulding. If The Beast were to find out about her existence in making the Hunters stronger, she would surely be killed. You tell her to stay safe, and out of sight. At first, she tilts her head ... confused. But, she nods in respect to your wishes. Before you go, however, she hands you something small. You look at it closely, only to realize it's a small broken bell. Picking it up, you place it into your pocket and then rejoin the group, and carefully ready yourself for the next hunt. Seems everyone else understood that they couldn't stay in The Hunter's Dream and wait, for they had a job to do.

Cycle 2 has begun, and The Doll can now act and do her job. Through the bell, she can indirectly tell you clues on who The Beast is, but be warned ... by doing so, she may be at risk of getting found out and put to rest by the traitor. The other roles can now act accordingly as well. May the good blood guide your way.

OK my sweet peoples. Massive info dump courtesy of me now being high as a fucking kite on Insight. Take it or leave it~

T H E E Y E S A R E A L W A Y S S T A R I N G A T Y O U

There are two, maybe three silly users in the list with eyes that are prominent. Programmed_For_Damage and Bat Vader.

The color of the text is "darkred" which may mean that the eyes are red. Which would leave Programmed_For_Damage out. And Bat Vader has been sitting around with not a peep since the game started. With only 2 Insight as per this cycle on top of that. It's clear Bat Vader should be next to go. The fluffy killer goes out or we get our bodies dead on the ground~ :)

I tried Insight. I only have an eight. Is that crazy? Am I crazy? I can't be crazy, you are all just figments of my imagination so if I was crazy, you guys wouldn't exist anymore...

Though we may have reduced our numbers by our own hand, take heart my brothers that our fellow Hunter SupahEwok did not betray us and through his sacrifice our hunt encroaches on the traitorous beast!

Arnoxthe1:
OK my sweet peoples. Massive info dump courtesy of me now being high as a fucking kite on Insight. Take it or leave it~

T H E E Y E S A R E A L W A Y S S T A R I N G A T Y O U

There are two, maybe three silly users in the list with eyes that are prominent. Programmed_For_Damage and Bat Vader.

The color of the text is "darkred" which may mean that the eyes are red. Which would leave Programmed_For_Damage out. And Bat Vader has been sitting around with not a peep since the game started. With only 2 Insight as per this cycle on top of that. It's clear Bat Vader should be next to go. The fluffy killer goes out or we get our bodies dead on the ground~ :)

Wow I just checked everyones profile images and there are quite a few that are staring towards the viewer which is kinda creepy and the eyes and the colour red connection was quite well made but I'm not sure how concrete it is in identifying the beast. Hmm it could also mean that the beast might have targeted you this cycle. :o

tippy2k2:
I tried Insight. I only have an eight. Is that crazy? Am I crazy? I can't be crazy, you are all just figments of my imagination so if I was crazy, you guys wouldn't exist anymore...

Clearly you're on the edge of sanity, at the point where reality and the phantasm intertwine. Perhaps you should apply to the school of Mensis and expand your mind to our benefit?

I wonder who will be the first to become addict to insight.

Insight frees us, you idiots. I didn't see before but I do now~ :)

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

You will be mine soon

No one wanted to believe The Beast would reveal itself, especially when it wasn't completely night yet, the moon still hidden. Seems the traitor was among the Hunters after all, and took part in the execution. It found four people, and decided to at least kill them. A furious battle, but alas, the creature was much too powerful. It managed to knock a fellow Hunter into the building, nearly causing the wall to cave in. He was almost dead, bleeding from the head ... with no blood to heal himself with. Seeing such an opportunity, The Beast went on all fours, bearing it's twisted teeth before lunging forward, going straight for the kill. But, as it tried to devour the Hunter, suddenly, a burst of flames impacted the beast's face.

It shrilled, backing up on two legs ... trying to snuff out the flames. But it was fused with alcohol and oil- it wasn't going to come off so easily. It was stunned, allowing someone to come up and hand the wounded Hunter some blood vials. "Ah, I came just in time. Hurry, use these and escape from this place. Do not delay, that monster is going to come back in full force." Due to the wounded man's vision being blurry, he could not identify whom this man was ... but did as he was instructed. Using the vials to provide himself more blood, he retreated. With that done, the man began to chuckle before noting, "... May the good blood guide your way."

It would seem The Phlebotomist managed to save a Hunter from The Beast.

A r n o x t h e 1 s e e m s t o t h i n k i t ' s a m a d w o r l d b y t h e l o o k s o f t h i n g s .

A n d s o m e o n e ' s a r s e g o t s a v e d . . . b u t w h o ?

The woman's body crashed against the building, eliciting a long moan of pain from her before crumpling. As a trickle of blood flowed down her head past her glowing eyes, she began to giggle eerily and confidently, looking up cooly to the beast with a cold sneering expression even though she was in anything but an advantageous position and about to be brutally murdered. Insight affected everyone a little differently.

She soon gaped in surprise though as a bottle of oil and flame smashed upon the Beast's face. Incredibly grateful for the help, she accepted the Phlebotomist's aid and ran, suddenly feeling again as her past self. And during that temporary moment, she felt human sadness once more, not knowing why she was chosen to be saved as she did not have a role, thinking of others more deserving than her.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here