The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 27 NEXT

TheNaut131:

Wow, watching you're posts makes me feel like I somehow started all this. Eh, I've not been keeping up with my GM duties. Perhaps I'm a bit too controlling? Is too much happening at once? NastoK pointed out that we're not really letting our characters develop enough or perhaps a bit too fast. Eh, I'll think about this later...

Perhaps now that the threat of miners is over for the time being, we could have some down time, you know, relax a bit. Help develop our characters on a more personal level.

Evrant:

Perhaps now that the threat of miners is over for the time being, we could have some down time, you know, relax a bit. Help develop our characters on a more personal level.

Yeah... slow down a bit.... In the middle of a level where the inhabitants probably see us as some kind of bad luck bringers? We can't exactly just leave either, I think Naut still has story for the level, and we aren't sure where the portal is yet.

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Wow, watching you're posts makes me feel like I somehow started all this. Eh, I've not been keeping up with my GM duties. Perhaps I'm a bit too controlling? Is too much happening at once? NastoK pointed out that we're not really letting our characters develop enough or perhaps a bit too fast. Eh, I'll think about this later...

Yeah, that sounds nice.

Everyone just go back to Conrad's place and just lick our wounds while talking.

But the townsfolk are still a bit...iffy. And mad. You'll see, but for now let's just get back to Conrad's place.

Redryhno:

Evrant:

Yeah... slow down a bit.... In the middle of a level where the inhabitants probably see us as some kind of bad luck bringers? We can't exactly just leave either, I think Naut still has story for the level, and we aren't sure where the portal is yet.

And there's that too. Right now, all Damien knows is that the "dragon guys" (Mark and a few "friends") went east.

Cecilia (Amanda as she called herself) has a couple of maps from the library but they're pretty much near unusable. But, Zavier currently has a book about some old kingdom known as the Fristic Empire, detailing a few landmarks that correspond with the readable parts of her map.

After the group licks their wounds, they get to working on that and get a bit of...encouragement from the townsfolk.

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Evrant:

And there's that too. Right now, all Damien knows is that the "dragon guys" (Mark and a few "friends") went east.

Cecilia (Amanda as she called herself) has a couple of maps from the library but they're pretty much near unusable. But, Zavier currently has a book about some old kingdom known as the Fristic Empire, detailing a few landmarks that correspond with the readable parts of her map.

After the group licks their wounds, they get to working on that and get a bit of...encouragement from the townsfolk.

I presume that is negative encouragement?

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Well, unless you're an admirer of hammers, pickaxes, and flames...

Yeah, it's pretty negative.

TheNaut131:

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

So, even though, we just stopped a huge storm of ice shards, because it happened when we arrived, they are just going to form a lynch mob, and run us out of town. Lot more people probably would of been killed if we weren't around.

I'm not criticising anyone's past or future plans for this RP, but for once, I'd like to see a town/civilization, that didn't want to kill us after we ended some big catastrophe.

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Evrant:

So, even though, we just stopped a huge storm of ice shards, because it happened when we arrived, they are just going to form a lynch mob, and run us out of town. Lot more people probably would of been killed if we weren't around.

I'm not criticising anyone's past or future plans for this RP, but for once, I'd like to see a town/civilization, that didn't want to kill us after we ended some big catastrophe.

Well, I might add a bit more reasoning behind their actions, but that's pretty much it.

People can be...irrational, especially when dealing with the unusual. But don't worry, not everyone wants to put our heads on sticks.

What he said.

Plus, if you look at it from the town's perspective, they let us in, ice falls from the sky, we've got a guy running around half-naked in zero and below degree weather, something they know isn't even human in the slightest just by looking at him.

We really have given them no reason to trust us beyond killing that fish, and even then it was just self-defense. And the L's didn't try to kill us, they just kinda wanted us gone, not that I blame them.

So long as we don't get run out of town every single time something like this happens, then I'm fine with there being some negativity.

You make me laugh :D

First off, Evrant, the wall of text was meant to explain what I'd like in an RP and in doing so answer Asc's question about what kind of RP we'd want, and it helped by showing what I didn't find all that gratifying in this one.

Secondly. Yes, everything has been done, and I know this, but I'd enjoy more if we took the G. R. R. Martin approach and let our PCs get wounded/killed/something we would usually dislike. Of course it helps, in an RP like this one, being powerful, as you don't have to wait after every post for the GM to tell you if you managed to do something. Yet here's an idea, one that I'll start using as soon as I get the dice needed for it - just like in tabletop D&D, keep track of my PC, have a sheet with his skills and feats, everthing, and make skill checks for every single thing he does. I imagine it would be interesting. We'll find out, hopefully, on Friday.

As far as the whole Aleister/Stonefuse thing goes

I can't imagine why Aleister would care enough to save Stonefuse's life.
    Saves his life, but weakens him greatly, learn what's it like to be mortal...take away his powers, he's still not flesh, bone and blood....

I'm sure we'll think of something, but for now, I'd like to go to sleep as I've school in 7ish hours. On that note, although I don't live in America, I too have exams, or finals if that's what you'd call them, coming up, and it indeed is normal to slow down the RP because of it... though I wouldn't "pause" it like Evrant suggested. When that's done, I'll happily stay awake half the night as I did when the RP started, just so we can keep it flowing faster.

Oh, also, Mr. Framed, seems like the alchemist would've been fun.

P.S.

Redryhno:
sign this,this, and this, and you get this one-of-a-kind, minted in Germany, scythe, super powers from every hero ever conceived

Redryhno:
(happy? I made a big K.)

TheNaut131:
Well, someone had to say it.

Priceless :)

Ignore

................................NO?..................................................

And don't change it now, you've had it cemented for more than three pages, it may as well be set in stone on who and what he is.

Redryhno:
................................NO?..................................................

And don't change it now, you've had it cemented for more than three pages, it may as well be set in stone on who and what he is.

you being serious, with that image?

Anyone mind summing up what has been discussed up and down around for the past two pages? I kinda

Edit got lost... but will catch up in a bit when I have access to a better screen.

TheNaut131:

Oh, and as for some of Red's comments on Asc...Asc kinda did this in the Evangelion RP. We barely ever saw Nikolai. He was an 11 year old prodigy with HIV. I don't really ever remember him taking his medicine, going to get a check up, or anything. It could've been okay if he wasn't really fraternizing with the characters outside of the Eva's, perhaps being a bit reclusive, but we barely ever saw what his everyday life was like based on who he was.

And we didn't see Alexander taking a shower, either. Weeks passed between each Angel, so it was assumed the character's daily routines were ongoing off-screen. He was described being tutored by Nerv, running sync tests, and wandering through the forest to the beach. I don't know where this non-interaction thing came from. He seemed to be pretty much involved in everything the pilots were doing.

---

Don't worry if something you're doing has been done already. All of human mythology has the same elements. Just look at the basic 3-act narrative structure:

1. Something happens to a character that pulls them from their routine and into the story (Call to Action)
2. The character performs action in preparation to confront the driving element.
3. Character meets the driving element, and it is resolved.

This is every story written by humans. The props are different, the specifics vary, but the essence of human mythology is identical, because it's deep in our nature to see the universe in a certain way, and it hasn't changed in 100,000 years. I don't need someone to explain to me why Anthony is seduced by Cleopatra, or why Jason and the Argonauts are the protagonists and Pelias is the bad guy- It never occurs to us that the fundamental traits of a human being were any different then than what it is now.

Is the RP dying? "Dying" isn't the right word- it implies some kind of failure. It's running a course, an experiment with the players, setting, and DM-switching mechanic. And something doesn't need to last forever to be positive. I allowed everyone's characters because I'm just that kind of guy- inclusive before exclusive, raising an issue if something is egregiously bad (and by then I wouldn't have been DMing, unless we made it so I still enforce these things but other people make the level- they'd be sub-DMs.) It must certainly be a challenge, though to even attempt to scale the Tower of Druaga, they have to believe they have a chance of winning. Besides, RPG players are always kind of a cut above regular people, it's just part of why they're the heroes in the story.

I hope you got enjoyment from this, at least. If not, well...

Ree-all nice, and woo long trips and other things, boo when it is for some bad moments (usually).

I really don't care why it happened, for me it's more that it did happen and there wasn't really any warning given. It's just a thing I've got a problem with because it's happened too much.

And I wouldn't call you a bad player or anything, just that you don't post that often for any participator. That may have just been that pesky life thing getting in the way, but it seems you couldn't keep up. As for the Evangelica-thing-a-ma-bob character, cool, but seems kinda boring to me because I hate kids, and terminally ill ones are just asking for gallows humor to be thrown at them.

And for your dying definition, I have to disagree because I think it may be close to running it's course. Dying to me is that it has gotten what the players wanted out of it and they've left to pursue other interests.

Okay all caught up now with reading and everything i this thread so my turn to address some issues, concerns and ask a question or two, I'ma keepin'it'real short for the sake of time and the fact my arms are killing me,

Characters-I frankly don't care that much about what has been done though Naut I do indeed think a bit of power overwhelming went o with due cause to speed of posting and length for actions of others. I.e Stonefuse with the developments he underwent before the storm, I'd care to know where it came from. As for reaper things, just don't try to take Cecilia's soul(s).

Story-Action is reaction and can be short or long, if we really want to ease back and let some character flowing development then just wait for my level, be a decent break and involve the Guild.

dying-Is this dying i any way? No. I'm busy in america and so are others with learning alright? But summer is around the bend in general. For those that have left, we either kill them at some point or have them leave. Any rp with 5 or more people will get leavers, it is hard to get a word in when everyone posts at once to react. Look at Survival is Key the one rp I ran got out of hand at start for me trying to get everyones storyline lined up and running on a rail, but as it was a mystery style rp, was hard to make general statements for everyone.

tropes-TOO DAMN MANY I don't use em or read em (as in i have no idea if I am using them and frankly don't care), just roll with the punches.

a new RP-I'm more then open to anything, especially zombies, big buff there and got many things for it..

Edot-Oh and who is lined up to dm, anyone know? I mean after this, and then next, and after that.

Raynoson:

Edot-Oh and who is lined up to dm, anyone know? I mean after this, and then next, and after that.

I really don't think that's been decided yet, you've got your level to sit back on, which is kind've the same with mine, Evrant's got his with some kind of training or sommat, Avol has something in store but I don't remember what it was exactly, and I think that's all we've got in terms of who's lined up.

Personally, I vote for me, because seriously, who in their right mind wouldn't vote for me?/joke

And now Damien doesn't trust Aleister, great. This just keeps getting better and better.

As long as Naut give us enough time, I'll work in some form of explanation.

And what did you mean by the whole, "now is the time for possibly dying"?

Evrant:

The wounded, like Etrius.

NastoK:

Evrant:

The wounded, like Etrius.

And like Caedis, who suddenly just collapsed after that little steroided PMS epidsode. And Aleister, to a lesser extent.

And Evrant, you knew that characters wouldn't like Aleister once you did that little transformation thingamagig, so stop brooding over it. An explanation this late won't really change Damien's opinion of you substantially. The price of being/trying to be badass is that people sometimes don't like you...

Hey everyone. My exams started Monday and I have had no free-time all week. I'm sorry. I'll try to catch up with the rest of you. Things are just kinda out of my hands for the next few days.

Viking Incognito:
Hey everyone. My exams started Monday and I have had no free-time all week. I'm sorry. I'll try to catch up with the rest of you. Things are just kinda out of my hands for the next few days.

Aren't we all? Still good luck and if you need any summary or notes on what you missed feel free to ask.
--

the time for dying is kind passed now that everyone is back onthere feet,unlesswe'd care to remove some once O-PC-now-NPC

Captcha-Shoot Through, which is what I'm doing.

To everyone: That question I asked at the end of my post, was directed towards everyone.

Evrant:
To everyone: That question I asked at the end of my post, was directed towards everyone.

I know. I just figured Faunra was prioritizing medical treatment over new information (fix the things that will kill people first, then address the elephant in the room)

Just posted.

I take it from your most recent post Naut, it would be best, if we just walked out quietly.

Evrant:
I take it from your most recent post Naut, it would be best, if we just walked out quietly.

I'll specify things in the game.

I would've posted sooner but lately my shit computer has been acting a bit shittier than usual.

I'm assuming we all busy, I know I am...

I finsihed my exams yesterday so I'll be active again soon.

yup - busy as hell - be back in sometime soonish (Evrant will be controlling Faunra for a few days)

Hey guys, it's been awhile. The reason I didn't post as quickly was because I figured everyone could us a break and that a lot of you were still taking finals, busy, etc, etc....so yeah.

So was my last post just ignored?
Do I need to alter it?
I was just trying to go down fighting so to speak.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked