The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

No offense to everyone, but can we slow down with the posting in the actual RP please, I'm finding it difficult to catch up, and respond properly, since the majority of posts, come around when I'm asleep.

TheNaut131:
Nastok, I saw your OOC post in the game thread and I thought for a bit. I might be able to help you branch out with Stonefuse after this little tussle is over and Asc does something with Nathan and/or Spiriah.

I totally forgot to keep track of this thread too. I figured I'd ignore or reject to do something the next time either Damien or Aleister tell/ask Stonefuse to do something, and then slowly start only listening to Atticus, referencing post 122 of the game thread. Further fleshing the character out I left for later.

What did you have in mind?

Evrant:
since the majority of posts, come around when I'm asleep.

Same for me, though I don't mind it. Just follow up the last few posts, or rather, the situation, and it'll be fine. Or, if you really feel like addressing something that you missed, just do what hiei did in post 200 of the game thread - do a flashback.

NastoK:

TheNaut131:
Nastok, I saw your OOC post in the game thread and I thought for a bit. I might be able to help you branch out with Stonefuse after this little tussle is over and Asc does something with Nathan and/or Spiriah.

I totally forgot to keep track of this thread too. I figured I'd ignore or reject to do something the next time either Damien or Aleister tell/ask Stonefuse to do something, and then slowly start only listening to Atticus, referencing post 122 of the game thread. Further fleshing the character out I left for later.

What did you have in mind?

Well, I like your idea. It makes sense, Stonefuse eventually honing in on one individual he finds fit. Though, I figured that at some point Atticus simply tells Stonefuse to sorta start doing what he wants. But since Stonefuse tends to take things literally, like a child at times, and might not be use to absolute control, it could lead to some interesting developments. Good, bad, whatever.

Evrant:
No offense to everyone, but can we slow down with the posting in the actual RP please, I'm finding it difficult to catch up, and respond properly, since the majority of posts, come around when I'm asleep.

'

Curse you time difference! I know where you're coming from, being a human who actually enjoys sleep. Seems fair enough, we just got to a new level so perhaps after everyone post their little reactions, etc, we take a minor break, stick to the OOC thread for awhile, and organize and appropriate time to start.

Or, I could give you a run down.

TheNaut131:

Evrant:

'

Curse you time difference! I know where you're coming from, being a human who actually enjoys sleep. Seems fair enough, we just got to a new level so perhaps after everyone post their little reactions, etc, we take a minor break, stick to the OOC thread for awhile, and organize and appropriate time to start.

Or, I could give you a run down.

A brief run down would help, thank you.

I'm currently doing a thing, whereby I refer to the last few posts, so I can at least be involved in more current events.

TheNaut131:
Well, I like your idea. It makes sense, Stonefuse eventually honing in on one individual he finds fit. Though, I figured that at some point Atticus simply tells Stonefuse to sorta start doing what he wants. But since Stonefuse tends to take things literally, like a child at times, and might not be use to absolute control, it could lead to some interesting developments. Good, bad, whatever.

Agreed. In fact, I was thinking of maybe doing a little whril of reverse psychology, whereas whatever Stonefuse is told to do, he would do the opposite. But he still needs a sharper mind, so I did some thinking, though I'd have to confer with you guys first. I mentioned before that Stonefuse is magic resistant. What I wanted to do with that is the following: whilst magic would partially affect him, that part that was resisted would, in fact, be absorbed by him. What that would do is increase his mobility and speed, both of his movement and reasoning. In essence he would gradually stop being so annoyingly slow-moving, and he would ascertain how humor, sarcasm, morality, and/or other social aspects work.

Thoughts anyone?

NastoK:

TheNaut131:

Agreed. In fact, I was thinking of maybe doing a little whril of reverse psychology, whereas whatever Stonefuse is told to do, he would do the opposite. But he still needs a sharper mind, so I did some thinking, though I'd have to confer with you guys first. I mentioned before that Stonefuse is magic resistant. What I wanted to do with that is the following: whilst magic would partially affect him, that part that was resisted would, in fact, be absorbed by him. What that would do is increase his mobility and speed, both of his movement and reasoning. In essence he would gradually stop being so annoyingly slow-moving, and he would ascertain how humor, sarcasm, morality, and/or other social aspects work.

Thoughts anyone?

Sounds cool to me. It would be even better if a few of us were slightly taken aback by the change.

TheNaut131:
Sounds cool to me. It would be even better if a few of us were slightly taken aback by the change.

It would be flawed if you didn't :P

hiei82:
snip

Is the monument in front of the tower that's in the distance, or is the monument near the portal we got through? Because I noticed most post as if it were nearby. Asking so I know whether I should edit my post or not.

NastoK:

hiei82:
snip

Is the monument in front of the tower that's in the distance, or is the monument near the portal we got through? Because I noticed most post as if it were nearby. Asking so I know whether I should edit my post or not.

Mini-Map for Convenience:

Cliff Face ---------- Portal ----------- Monument ---- Ruin's of Tower------- Main Road

A little on the rough side, but I hope that helps/makes sense.

Look at this, thrid post in a row. Hhhhhhh. I would've just edited the previous one, but then it might've went unnoticed.

Anyway, two things. First off, hiei, I'm holding off posting in the game thread so I don't screw something up, so if you were to post something, or inform me, of what awaits at the end of the huge road, I'd appreciate it.

Secondly, it would be nice if someone noticed the absence of the 8 feet tall and ever-so-loud companion called Stonefuse, before we all scatter.

EDIT:

hiei82:
Mini-Map for Convenience:

Cliff Face ---------- Portal ----------- Monument ---- Ruin's of Tower------- Main Road

A little on the rough side, but I hope that helps/makes sense.

That.. doesn't quite help, but thanks for trying.

NastoK:

Okay, the Monument is near the portal, which is near the ruined tower. a large road leads off into the jungle.

The monument is in front of the tower (the tower is not in the distance, though there are other towers that are in the distance). The monument is near the portal and therefore, by extension, the tower is near the portal.

hiei82:
Okay, the Monument is near the portal, which is near the ruined tower. a large road leads off into the jungle.

The monument is in front of the tower (the tower is not in the distance, though there are other towers that are in the distance). The monument is near the portal and therefore, by extension, the tower is near the portal.

Wonderous! That explains everything. Now let's just hope I don't fall asleep while I wait for the next post-writing opportunity and it'll be grand.

NastoK:

hiei82:

Wonderous! That explains everything. Now let's just hope I don't fall asleep while I wait for the next post-writing opportunity and it'll be grand.

Hey, Nastok, if you're wondering why Atticus didn't notice why Stonefuse was gone it was mainly because he thought Stonefuse was being Stonefuse. Quietly standing around waiting for something to do. I wasn't sure when the right moment would be to point this out, but then you posted your post, so at least I knew how far away Stonefuse was by that time.

I imagined that the lallows would look something like this:

Kind of gecko-ish and ropy, with smooth skin.
:3

Asclepion:
I imagined that the lallows would look something like this:

Kind of gecko-ish and ropy, with smooth skin.
:3

That works well for a flyer design if nothing else.

TheNaut131:
Hey, Nastok, if you're wondering why Atticus didn't notice why Stonefuse was gone it was mainly because he thought Stonefuse was being Stonefuse. Quietly standing around waiting for something to do. I wasn't sure when the right moment would be to point this out, but then you posted your post, so at least I knew how far away Stonefuse was by that time.

Actually, it's better this way, I get to develop him faster.

TheNaut131:
"snip"

"What do you mean by leave? The level?! We can't leave, we just got here and we actually have a goal. Stonefuse couldn't have gotten far. I'm sure he'll-...what was that about Prail?"

Atticus scanned the group and sure enough she was nowhere to be found. She must've ran off in search of that sound.

"Okay, Prail is gone too. But we're not going back! Just stick to the plan, follow the aqueducts, get to the tower, focus, find our way off the level. Prail can handle herself just fine, she's a big...thing. "Wait, does Prail even have a gender?" Atticus thought to himself.

"Yes, Stonefuse is Stonefuse. He's probably just standing somewhere waiting for something to do. "I hope the big guy is at least." Atticus thought slightly protectively. "But even with that accounted for, we CANNOT leave! We've got to get moving. This level has little to offer aside from maybe some food, but I'd rather not retrace our steps in Minalca. We locate a portal here, eventually find Prail and Stonefuse, and get on with life. Hopefully they'll run into each other." Atticus said, walking away from Zavier.

"Shall we get going?"

Am I reading it incorrectly, or were you contradictory there?

NastoK:

TheNaut131:

snip

I read it as Atticus being caught between his desire to continue moving and finding the missing people. HE then resolved to continue moving and hope to meet the group later

hiei82:

NastoK:

TheNaut131:

snip

I read it as Atticus being caught between his desire to continue moving and finding the missing people. HE then resolved to continue moving and hope to meet the group later

Huh, that actually makes sense.

NastoK:

hiei82:

NastoK:

Huh, that actually makes sense.

That's actually it, though after re-reading it I can see how it may sound confusing.

Atticus is constatnly in a frantic flurry of emotions long the lines of should I do this? that? Etc. This is mainly because he's not climbing the tower for himself, but for the lives of an entire level he still has a chance at saving. However, he still has feelings and his own needs/wants. He's growing an affection towards Stonefuse and Prail's an oddity he still wants to understand. He could easily leave the two of them, even the entire group, but he's actually come to enjoy their company and the company of people.

I've got a basic Lallow picture. It's not well drawn but it shows the important features and might give a better idea of how they look.
If any of the text isn't readable just ask me about it and I'll be happy to fill you in.
Again sorry for me not being an artist but with that basic drawn anyone else who want to do better if free to.

avouleance2nd:
snip

Compared to me, your artistic work rivals Cezanne. Good to finally have an image for them in my head (aside from bipedal stegosaurus)

Edit: That said, I'm still going to be using "lizardfolk" and "lizard man" image searches to populate my posts.

hiei82:

avouleance2nd:
snip

Compared to me, your artistic work rivals Cezanne. Good to finally have an image for them in my head (aside from bipedal stegosaurus)

Thanks I did add a nose just to be sure (well 2/3 rings of nostrils at the end of their face. Should give them a more directional sense of smell.
So what do you think of the general look (ignoring my art ability)

Also for size if they're in line with Prail you could expect about 6-9 feet as a normal range with maybe a few extremes a foot or so either side and the tail is about as long as their height again (the scale in the picture might not show that too well).

Argh, curse you school! Would someone kindly give me a quick recap of what just happened or rather how the groups were split up? I was able to gather that the group split up after Prail ran off but I just want to make sure I don't ruin anything.

avouleance2nd:

hiei82:

avouleance2nd:
snip

also snip

So what do you think of the general look (ignoring my art ability)

Also for size if they're in line with Prail you could expect about 6-9 feet as a normal range with maybe a few extremes a foot or so either side and the tail is about as long as their height again (the scale in the picture might not show that too well).

The only problem I think It suffers from is a lack of predatory characteristics. As I understood it, the species was supposed to be individualistic carnivorous predators. Suggestions to aid it include:

You may want to consider longer, more dextrous looking finger/claws. manual dexterity is one of the more useful features for a sentient species. combine that with claws to complete the powerful predator look.

For the horns, I imagined the horns starting wide (like the are now) but closing almost to a point (the tip missing to provide the entry/exit for air/sound) creating a conic shape that more closely resembles a horn.

You may want to consider removing the pod at the end of the tail and replacing it with a longer "third" spike. The end of the tail is one of the furthest extremities and are thus one of the easiest places for an enemy creature to go for. Protecting it with another spike would give it an evolutionary edge (and physical edge it the spike were sharp enough lol)

Lastly, If you inverted the leg structure (gave it more of a raptor or large cat look) it would indicate the creature as a more of a fast, stealthy, predatory species (rather than the omnivorous hominid). As lallowens are supposed to be individual hunters, and therefore won't rely on pack tactics, the would need to be powerful, quick, and sneaky.

Which completes my analysis of predatoryness

All in all, minor suggestions.

On that note, I need to get back to writing up the next post...

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Argh, curse you school! Would someone kindly give me a quick recap of what just happened or rather how the groups were split up? I was able to gather that the group split up after Prail ran off but I just want to make sure I don't ruin anything.

As far as I'm understanding it, we're traipsing through the jungle, most of us being together, but in closer pairs, when we run into more Prails.

Atticus and myself are one of the pairs, and no one else posted who they were pairing up with, so it's whoever you want still.

Stonefuse is off by himself knocking on some city door feeling sorry for himself. He went far ahead of the rest of us.

Prail heard something and ran off into the jungle before we started going along the road and ran into another Prail.

I think that covers it... I think.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

Group went through portal

Found various ruins and a jungle

No one knows much about the level.

Ruins were covered in Prail's language (old dialect)

Word "Calgradni" was carved into a monument - Zavier is very confused by it (It will be explained soon... muh ha ha ha ha)

Aleiester and Damien can't use their fire magic

Prail called out into the forest. received response. loud roar followed.

Prail ran off into the forest chasing her brethren

Stonefuse sensed a magical aura emanating from deep in the woods - chose to follow on his own

Rest of party followed ruined aqueducts, not realizing Stonefuse had walked off and having lost Prail.

Prail found another lallow (the name of the race of lizard people)

Stonefuse found a bustling city where the source of the magic aura is, along with the magic portal to the next level

The rest of the party reached the mountain top where the aqueducts start, looked over the landscape and saw the same city. Then they were ambushed by Lallowens who are none-to pleased with trespassers.

Hope that helps

hiei82:
Snip

That really helped, thanks.

hiei82:

Snip

You may want to consider longer, more dextrous looking finger/claws. manual dexterity is one of the more useful features for a sentient species. combine that with claws to complete the powerful predator look.

For the horns, I imagined the horns starting wide (like the are now) but closing almost to a point (the tip missing to provide the entry/exit for air/sound) creating a conic shape that more closely resembles a horn.

You may want to consider removing the pod at the end of the tail and replacing it with a longer "third" spike. The end of the tail is one of the furthest extremities and are thus one of the easiest places for an enemy creature to go for. Protecting it with another spike would give it an evolutionary edge (and physical edge it the spike were sharp enough lol)

Lastly, If you inverted the leg structure (gave it more of a raptor or large cat look) it would indicate the creature as a more of a fast, stealthy, predatory species (rather than the omnivorous hominid). As lallowens are supposed to be individual hunters, and therefore won't rely on pack tactics, the would need to be powerful, quick, and sneaky.

[quote]

1-Dexterity could work but I was thinking of having them more brute force hunters. They might have to use external camouflage and use a more sedentary lie in wait and the ambush with a surprise thagomizer to the brain. This would probably fit with them being reptiles that prefer the cold; they can't really be active for too long so ambush would suit them. This might also explain why they don't look like more agile predators. They don't have the metabolism for it so being more defensively built made sense.

2- As for the horns they might be sharpened unnaturally but since they are as vital as they are for breathing and hearing. They'd probably be too valuable to use for fighting.

3- The pods are vital for flyer production but yes I could see them being impractical, guess
that's another thing to work around.

Just possible justifications.

Redryhno:
Stonefuse is off by himself knocking on some city door feeling sorry for himself.

That made me laugh :D

hiei82:

Hope you finish it soon, I've LARP training in the morning, and I'd like to post again before I go to sleep. Though, having to write something for all three "groups", I can understand if it takes some time.

NastoK:

Redryhno:
Stonefuse is off by himself knocking on some city door feeling sorry for himself.

That made me laugh :D

hiei82:

Hope you finish it soon, I've LARP training in the morning, and I'd like to post again before I go to sleep. Though, having to write something for all three "groups", I can understand if it takes some time.

wish granted (I hope)

hiei82:
wish granted (I hope)

That it is.

EDIT:

hiei82:
its voice louder enough to make even the hardest crystals and stone of Stonefuse's corporeal form vibrate.

While this sentence is perfectly fine, I'd like to point out how Stonefuse looks like, because it's easy mistakenly imagining him fully made out of stone or crystal.

NastoK:
Appearance: The whole surfice of his body made out of human skin, obviously unnatural, his eyes of white marble. Wearing dirty white wool clothes.

The only change he made during the adventure so far was transforming his forarms and hands into crystals.

EDIT 2: Then again, that's only the surface. He is still made out of stone and metal inside.

hiei82:
snip

Just so you know, nothing except Damien's Words are magical. Everything else is just really advanced. He's basically a 40k Sphees Mahrine. Just so you know for sure.And everyone else. I suppose the bio didn't get the point across. sorry.

Redryhno:

hiei82:
snip

Just so you know, nothing except Damien's Words are magical. Everything else is just really advanced. He's basically a 40k Sphees Mahrine. Just so you know for sure.And everyone else. I suppose the bio didn't get the point across. sorry.

I will make the change. Thanks for the intel

Edit: change made

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked