In Her Image: a Pokémon RP

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Caleb watched as the woman's Charmeleon dashed off to engage another passing traveller. She gave a quick apology to him, before chasing after the fiery lizard. Moments later, a loud crash was heard, as the woman slammed into a large red headed man, sending him flying into the pavement. Caleb soon turned to his feathery companion.

"We should see if we can provide any assistance to those people. After all, its what a gentlemen does. It would also give us an opportunity to gain information on any potential opponents for the tournament." He remarked, and soon walked off towards the assortment of people and Pokemon.

"Aren't you coming?" He asked.

"Com." Raphael responded with, joining his trainer.

"Is anyone hurt?" Caleb asked as he arrived.

"I think... I broke an everything..."

Spiegel watched his trainer writhe on the ground for a few seconds before he shook his head in frustration and tapped one of the Pokeballs on her belt. A bright white flash brought out a second Pokemon, specifically a gigantic boulder. With arms.

"Graveler?" asked the rock of the same name.

"Charmeleon." replied an exasperated Spiegel, pointing at their fallen trainer. The Graveler nodded and used its considerable strength to heft Daria back onto her feet in a single pull. She wobbled for a second, but regained her footing and immediately put a hand on her back. "Oh, wow..."

"That looked like it hurt. A lot."

"Urgh, no kidding." Daria told him, removing her hat to rub some sweat from her forehead. She gave a low whistle as she stretched out her back. She'd hardly had a moment to think before the man with the Combusken came briskly walking over, asking if they were all right.

"Yeah, I think everyone's fine. Uh, sorry about that!" she exclaimed, slapping Remy in the back and clasping a hand over his shoulder. "Spiegel's kinda touchy, he runs off sometimes!" She turned to the little fire lizard and said, "Guess I should watch where I'm going more, huh?"

Spiegel just shrugged, and tapped his own Pokeball to be zapped back inside; he'd had enough for one day. As the red beam zapped him up, he was sure to give a final warning glare at the Combusken that had just arrived with its trainer. That left her Graveler as her only companion at the moment. Daria gave a wide grin and leaned on top of her Graveler's head, who just smiled and waved.

"So, I guess we need some introductions. Name's Daria Pace; this here's Slagger!"

"Graveler! Grav!"

Ryan was walking slowly throughout the streets, untill finally, FINALLY he found a Pokemon Centre. His spirits lifted somewhat, he ran towards it, uncaring of his surroundings. And while in a village running around isn't abnormal, in a city it's much harder. He had almost reached the door, if not for the person in front of him abruptly stopping. Ryan ran full speed into him. While Ryan was hardly shaken by this, the stranger fell on the ground. Ryan wanted to help him up, but instead froze in a similar way as the guy he just ran into. The reason for this was the Haunter that met his gaze. Ryan had never seen such a thing and was horrified to the point of near catatonia.

"So, I guess we need some introductions. Name's Daria Pace; this here's Slagger!" Daria announced, showing off her Graveler; who simply smiled and waved. Caleb noticed that her Charmeleon had already returned to its Pokeball, finishing off with a glare towards Raphael. He then knelt down in front of Slagger, meeting it at eye level. Caleb raised his head towards Daria.

"You certainly have a strong Pokemon here miss, friendly too." Caleb remarked as he stood back up. Raphael had crossed his arms.

"As you can see, you've already met Raphael here. He was my starter back in Littleroot Town. Prefers to remain outside of his Pokeball most times. A strong fighter, and a worthy friend of mine. Care to see the other Pokemon I travel around with?"

"Care to see the other Pokemon I travel around with?"

Daria's face lit up like a fireworks display. "Of course!" she yelled, already looking giddy in anticipation. "I always love sizing up the competition-- ooh, in fact..."

She clutched at her waist and picked three Pokeballs off of her belt, pressing the buttons on all three capsules simultaneously. "Come on out, guys!"

Three white beams of light, and the piercing sounds that accompanied them resounded in the air, before forming the silhouettes of three very different-looking Pokemon. Daria threw out her arms to either side, proudly presenting the quartet of combatants in front of her. To Slagger and Daria's right was Spiegel, yawning and scratching his shoulder in a way to communicate how little he wanted to be out of his Pokeball.

"This is Spiegel! I got him from Professor Oak in Pallet Town."

To Slagger's left was a Hitmonlee, who crossed its arms in a X-shape, and bowed towards Caleb. "Hit, mon lee."

"That's Jet! Kinda got a stick up his rear, but he's dedicated."

The oddest-looking of the group, by far, was on the far left. A Staryu, who immediately moved from her position to spin over towards Raphael, examining him closely as her center gem pulsated. "Hya?"

"And that little lady's called Gemini; One of the trainers at the Cerulean Gym traded her to me; she's real sweet. But I'll make a champ out of her yet!"

With her cornucopia of oddities on full display, Daria crouched down and wrapped her arms around them to draw them into a big group. A look of realization hit her face, and she pointed at the Graveler. "By the way, Slagger was my first Pokemoon, like your Combusken! Trained him up since he was a little Geodude; so anyway, you've seen mine now. So let's see yours!"

Spiegel gave her an askew glance after that last phrase, before shaking his head and muttering something.

Caleb watched as Daria showed off her other Pokemon. First came the Charmeleon from earlier, who seemed to be uninterested of being outside his Pokeball; briefly yawning and scratching his shoulder to specify this. Next came a Hitmonlee called Jet, which standing to the left of Slagger, who crossed its arms in an X-shape, before bowing towards Caleb. Finally, there was a Staryu called Gemini, who immediately floated towards Raphael, examining him with interest. Raphael responded by staring at it boldly.

"-so anyway, you've seen mine now. So let's see yours!" Daria said with enthusiasm.

"Fair enough." Caleb remarked, bowing his head slightly. "One should adhere the call of the lady, as long as its within reason." He then decoupled his Pokeballs from his belt, before pressing the release button. Each one sent out a beam of light, which formed into a different being.

"Staravia!" Angelique chirped with joy, as it stretched its wings, before flying up onto Caleb's shoulder. Caleb smiled briefly.

"This pretty little thing is Angelique, a Staravia. Started out as a Starly I found on near Lake Verity in the Sinnoh Region. Poor thing had injured its wing during flight. After taking it to the nearest Pokemon Centre, it seemed to have taken a shine to me after I showed her kindness. Didn't take much trouble in convincing her to join me. Angelique is useful for when I need to scout ahead, but can't reach a high enough vantage point to see. When travelling outside of her Pokeball, she likes to perch on top of my shoulder."

"Luxio!" Barked Raiden as it appeared, before sitting next to Caleb.

"Ah, now we come to Raiden, a Luxio. Like Angelique, he came from the Sinnoh Region, but began as a Shinx. This guy is powerful with his electrical attacks, thanks to the electrical pulses that run through him. They say a single scratch can cause fainting. A loyal friend, and trustworthy partner. I have a feeling though that he is going to become stronger soon." Caleb remarked, as he gave Raiden a little scratch behind the ear, which it seemed to enjoy.

"Eevee!" Sebastian announced with a squeak. It soon wanted to be picked up by Caleb, and began to curl up in his arms, but with its head facing Daria.

"This cute little bundle of fur is Sebastian, an Eevee. He may be small, but he has the potential to become something majestic."

"So, I was saying, Darius O'Kere would gladly walk with you, Miss....?"

"Miss? Tehee... My name is Savannah Iris, but you can call me Sav if you want. If you could help I would be so grateful"

She gave him a large smile, and extended her hand forward perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

"Oooh, is that Grovyle?"

Sprig turned and looked at Darius, studying the new human inquisitively.
"Grooove..."

Savannah pulled out a case from her bag, and took out a crimson pokeblock and gave it to Sprig, who first smelled it before taking it in his hands and beginning to nibble. She put the case back in her bag. Before

"Indeed he is. Sprig was my first ever Pokemon, him and I have been through so much together, I couldn't imagine what living would even be like without him..."

"Grovyle...?" Sprig responded cautiously, he'd never heard such praise from his trainer before, he had always thought of themselves as partners.

Savannah gave Sprig a affectionate pat on his back. She looked over at both of Darius' pokemon enjoying their lollipops, the Psyduck even taking a mischievous lick of the Sandslash's. She gave a small giggle at their predicament.

Those certainly are some very cute pokemon... although if he's here fore the tournament there's a chance I'll be battling him. I'm lucky I get check out the competition so early...

The man's pipe smoke was now beginning to bother her as it's musk began to seep into her clothes, as well as it briefly being caught in the back of her throat. *Cough cough*

"So..." she said whilst getting rid of the remainder of the smoke in her lungs. "You're here to compete too I take it?"

"You're here to compete too I take it?"

"Kind of," He said, taking the pipe out from between his teeth after seeing that it was bothering her and holding it a bit farther away,"I'm mostly here for the fun, I gave up on being a real trainer a long time ago after I got a few badges in Kanto and stopped at a Day-Care Center for what was only going to be a few weeks, turned out to be the start of a career. Who knew, right?"

He looked back to see Daffy and Knuckles in an intense game of keep-away with their lollipops.

"Pssyyyyyy!" The Duck pokemon said, waving it's claw around aimlessly, keeping the Ground pokemon at bay, while simultaneously sucking on the treat it had wrapped its mouth around.

"Sllllasssh" The ground pokemon replied, also waving it's claw for no apparent reason and holding its lollipop high above the Psyduck.

Darius smiled and took another puff, trying to make sure he didn't blow it directly in Sav's face or her pokemon,"I've had them with me for over ten years, they might not look like much, but I trust them more than I trust myself sometimes. And I finally found a way to take Daffy out of his pain by buying a TM a few years ago, it cost half my salary, but it was worth it to not hear him moaning all the time. Still as forgetful as always, but at least he isn't always holding that head of his."

sorry. double post, damn captcha

"...stopped at a Day-Care Centre for what was only going to be a few weeks, turned out to be the start of a career. Who knew, right?"

Another Breeder then? Interesting

Savannah had had a similar experience before, learning and living with pokemon for a period had made her appreciate their natures, and battling them as a training had taught her their strength and perseverance. Both had inspired her to combine her talents, and affected the woman she was to become today.

"Ah, so you're a breeder too! This is so great, perhaps we could share some tips sometime? I'm trying to promote my own style of breeding here y'see, so I need all the help I can get really"

Yes Sav, make him underestimate you. To him you're just a naive young girl

"Grovyle!"

Sprig was becoming impatient, he had been pulling on her trouser leg for the past few minutes, he gave a few mock slashes with his leaf blades. It was no secret that he longed to battle, he had always been that way, quick and to the point, taking down his foes before they knew what was coming, having been cooped up inside his pokeball for so long, only having brief spurts inside the ship to loosen up, had not improved his mood at all.

"Don't worry Sprig, I promise you'll get to fight soon enough" she said as she gave him a reaffirming look.
The Grovyle responded by scratching the back of his head, before trusting in his trainer and raising it's fist into the air, as if saying "Tomorrow we fight!"

Savannah took out a can of soda from her bag, before opening it and taking a gulp. It was very refreshing, still being cold from the insulated section of the bag. She offered some to Darius.

"I've had them with me for over ten years, they might not look like much, but I trust them more than I trust myself sometimes. And I finally found a way to take Daffy out of his pain by buying a TM a few years ago, it cost half my salary, but it was worth it to not hear him moaning all the time. Still as forgetful as always, but at least he isn't always holding that head of his."

She studied the man, he looked at the man, he was about the same age as her. If what he was saying was true, the pokemon clearly meant something to him, although she would've expected them to be a lot stronger considering he'd had them for ten years. And just what was the average Psyduck's life expectancy anyway?

"Well, you're Pokemon obviously mean a lot to you, they're very lucky to have a trainer who's willing to do things like that."

She heard a bell begin to chime from a belltower far away, it was ridiculous how quickly time had passed, she ought to have planned out where she was staying, but, ever the spontaneous, she literally had no clue.

"So... it looks like I'll have to retire for the night, but the trouble is I have no idea of where to go!" She laughed loudly, trying to lighten the mood, she didn't want to come off as inviting him to bed for god's sake.

"Do you know of an Inn around here?"

Rupert was smacked out of his anxiety stricken state in a quite literal sense. As the tall boy ran into him the rather shorter and thinner Rupert fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes (and in his big unfashionable brown coat he somewhat resembled one too). Smacked out of his stupor he realised how foolish he must have looked before and even more so now, so he quickly tried to upright himself. Seeing the stranger stretching out a strong helpful hand he seized it reflexively, but it was only then that Rupert noticed something off about the young man.

He seemed to be horrified to the point of near catatonia, and Rupert could not for the life of him see why. It was only when he looked up, above himself where the stranger's gaze seemed to be locked, that he realised that it could only be his floating Haunter that had inspired this effect. Haunter was admittedly not deliberately trying to scare anyone at the moment, but was warily watching the stranger's Mightyena, locking eyes with it and trying to establish dominance.

Rupert was reminded of himself as a kid, of how he had been absolutely horrified by the Ghost pokemon that defined his home. It was only his Cubone that had given him the courage to catch his very own Ghost type. Of course those unaccustomed to such pokemon were afraid. Seeing his past self in the stranger Rupert made an outburst extremely uncharacteristic of him:

"HAUNTER! You will stop your antics right this minute and get back in your pokeball! That means NOW!"

"H... haunter?"

Haunter looked surprised and even hurt at his master's order. It was not often that his master used this commanding tone. Nevertheless, with one final distrusting glance at the Mightyena he obediently dispersed into reddish light and disappeared into a pocket of the great brown coat. Rupert regretted his outburst almost immediately. Haunter was mischievous and unruly, but he was by no account evil. There was no way he would ever do something truly bad, like attempting to drain a person s life force or anything similar.

Seeing the stranger s dazed look brought Rupert right back to his normal awkward self. Even more so because he now felt guilty of some imaginary slight against him.

"Oh geez. I... I'm really sorry. This um... this won't happen again. I should just be on my way. Again sorry. Um... a-are you okay?"

"This cute little bundle of fur is Sebastian, an Eevee. He may be small, but he has the potential to become something majestic."

Gemini gently spun over to Caleb, hopping in the air to get a closer look at the little Eevee. It coo'd in its strange speech, and Daria let out a low chuckle seeing her curious Pokemon making friends. "It's been a while since we've met a trainer without battling, so I bet the guys are happy to get a little interaction!"

As she said those words, a spark of realization hit her eyes. "Wait a minute!" She pointed to her and then to Caleb before swinging her fist and saying, "I've got four Pokemon, and you've got four Pokemon, right? Whaddaya say to a little warm-up before the big tourney?!"

"GRAVEL!" exclaimed Slagger, slamming two of his fists together in glee; the excitement was short-lived, though, when Spiegel put a claw on his shoulder and growled some discouraging words to him. Though he seemed more than a little disappointed, the Graveler relented and sulked off behind the others for a bit.

Daria gave her Charmeleon a curious look, and she appeared more than a little miffed; but when Spiegel turned around and shook his head, she seemed to get his point. She hung her head, looking more like a pouting little kid than a grown woman.

She sighed. "I guess he's right. Probably shouldn't risk getting hurt before the tournament..."

"Ah, so you're a breeder too! This is so great, perhaps we could share some tips sometime? I'm trying to promote my own style of breeding here y'see, so I need all the help I can get really"

"Sure," He said, taking the offered soda. It was cool, to his surprise, he hadn't met many people that kept a bag for cool drinks. He stayed with water, mostly because it was the easiest thing to get. He stuffed the drink into his pack and replied,"But I'm not exactly sure what I can tell you that you probably don't already know about your pokemon. I guess I can give you some pointers on they types that I specialize in, and you could do the same. I'm not giving you my pokefood recipe though, so don't think of trying to get that out of me."

"Do you know of an Inn around here?"

He looked back from Daffy and Knuckles, who had finished their candy and were now playing with the sticks they'd come on. Daffy striking a pose Darius supposed he found dashing, Knuckles much more practical in his stance. They finished their squaring off and began fencing.

He scrunched up his eyes (more somehow) and tried to remember someplace he'd heard about on a map or something. The PokeCenters were off, this was a tournament, so they'd be keeping their rooms open for the influx of pokemon that would be streaming in soon enough. Looking around, he spotted a flyer on a board nearby that was advertising a place only a few blocks away.

"How about there? Seems as good a place to start as any." He turned to his two pokemon who were now engaged in a wrestling match, one that Knuckles was obviously winning. The two let up soon after and sat down with their backs to a board, and started laughing at each other, and pointing at passers-by and again, each other.

"Come on boys, we've got to find a place to stay the night, so let's go. You fancy coming with us, Sav?" The two looked unhappy a moment before standing and taking their places behind Darius, very soldierlike, it made for a more imposing figure he'd found out. And the more a trainer's pokemon appeared dutiful, the less Darius had been challenged to pointless fights where the other trainer had lost within the first few seconds. He tapped his pipe out on the ground and stepped out the little red dots still glowing before returning it to its case with the tobacco.

As Daria and Caleb proudly displayed their Pokemon, Matt felt a strangely comfortable grin overtake his normally nervous features. For the first time since he had entered the city, the young trainer seemed to forget about the endless crowds and strangers that surrounded him, and focus solely on the spectacle before him.

Matt oohed and ahhed as the two trainers released and bragged about their Pokemon, enraptured by seeing so many new species and types; coming to Goldenrod couldn't have been such a bad idea if he got to see this many different creatures!

Finally, Caleb finished showing off his team. Though it was apparent to nearly everyone present that the man's attention was clearly focused on Daria, Matt leaned uncomfortably close, obliviously staring at Sebastian with an admiring gaze. "Awwwww, he's so cute! Where'd you get him? What're you going to have him evolve into; do you have any stones yet, or are you planning to get those later? What's his level; why'd you name him Sebastian, what are you..."

To anyone who had known Matt for more than five minutes, his transformation would have been as shocking as a Thunderbolt: In a matter of moments, the quiet lad had suddenly burst to life, spewing forth an endless stream of questions without bothering to wait for a response, and not just about Caleb's Eevee. Matt's new fount of curiosity seemed to be endless, as he briefly hovered over each and every one of the Pokemon before him. Queries, admiring statements, even the occasional hint of envy; any shred of the nervousness that had plagued the trainer had evaporated like a puddle in the middle of a drought.

"Oh, but where are my manners; here, let me show you my team!"

Reaching for his belt, Matt opened the third and final of his Pokeballs, a brilliant flash of light forming into a floating purple sphere. "Ga ga ga gas!"

"First," Matt began, crouching down to scoop up the sleepy looking Cyndaquil, "this is Spike; I've had him for a long time now and he might not look like much, but I can promise you there's more to him then meets the eye. He's a tough little guy! Next..."

Extending an arm, Matt nodded for his Pidgeotto to roost on the outstretched limb, a feat the flying-type reluctantly complied with. "Is Ventus! Not gonna lie, he's a bit of a jerk, but nice enough once you get to know him." Ignoring the ire in Ventus' eyes, Matt jokingly continued, "If he's being ornery, just bribe him with some food, and he'll do just about anything you want.

"And finally," Matt jerked his head towards the purple ball spiraling around him, its oversized eyes taking in the sights, "is Persephone. Remind me to tell you how I caught her one day. It's kind of a funny story. You do need to keep an eye on her though; she is pretty mischievous."

After Daria had looked at Caleb's Pokemon, you could see the cogs whirring in her brain, as an idea blossomed forth.

"Wait a minute!" Daria exclaimed, as she pointed to herself first, and then to Caleb before swinging her fist and saying, "I've got four Pokemon, and you've got four Pokemon, right? Whaddaya say to a little warm-up before the big tourney?!" She said with great enthusiasm, her Graveler obviously agreeing to the notion of a battle.

Sadly though, this balloon was soon burst, as her Charmeleon put a claw on Slagger's shoulder and growled some discouraging words to him. Though he seemed more than a little disappointed, the Graveler relented and sulked off behind the others for a bit. After Trainer and Pokemon exchanged glances, Daria hanged her head, looking more like a pouting little kid than a grown woman.

She sighed. "I guess he's right. Probably shouldn't risk getting hurt before the tournament..."

"Such a shame, I was interested in seeing how your Charmeleon performed, but there is the tournament for that. Perhaps we could-" Caleb remarked, but was soon interupted by the sudden flow of questions coming from Matt. He asked them so far fast, Caleb didn't have time to hear them properly, nor provide a response.

"Slow down there, perhaps it is best, if we discuss our Pokemon over some tea. I was just on my way to book a room for the tournament, when this incident with the Duskull occurred. Would you two care to join me?" Caleb asked politely.

"I've got four Pokemon, and you've got four Pokemon, right? Whaddaya say to a little warm-up before the big tourney?!"

Ike hoped this would happen. A chance to study his opponents techniques? Perfect. It would be-

"Slow down there, perhaps it is best, if we discuss our Pokemon over some tea. I was just on my way to book a room for the tournament, when this incident with the Duskull occurred. Would you two care to join me?" Caleb asked politely.

Hm. There might still be time. Perhaps he should join them...

"Oh geez. I... I'm really sorry. This um... this won't happen again. I should just be on my way. Again sorry. Um... a-are you okay?" the stranger seemed like he wasn't used to talking alot. Ryan put his old hat back on his heada and straightened and dusted off his overalls and shirt.

After the inherent shock, Ryan was cheering up. This was the first person he talked to since he left his home. "I'm fine lad. But what about you? You seem to be quite shaken. I'm sorry if I hurt ya." Ryan was glad to be talking to someone again. He was also glad about the fact that the stranger had put away his horrifying pokémon. "My name is Ryan Oliver, and I've come here to become a Pokémon Champion! What about you?" He held out his hand, smiling in a friendly manner.

Mightyena was staring at the Pokéball the entire time. Though Ryan had seen a few pokeballs, the concept off Pokéballs was beyond Mightyena's grasp, as he had never been in such a thing.

"Yeah, I think everyone's fine. Uh, sorry about that! Spiegel's kinda touchy, he runs off sometimes! Guess I should watch where I'm going more, huh?"

As the energetic girl slapped Remy in his acheing back, an oddly dressed man came to the scene to check that everyone was okay.

"So, I guess we need some introductions. Name's Daria Pace; this here's Slagger!"

And that's when it started. Pokémon were released everywhere, Daria going first. Her Pokémon seemed powerful, but it was her Hitmonlee that caught Remy's attention. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were two of his favorite Pokémon, but they were quite rare. It was great to see one up close.

Caleb was next. At least that's what Remy thought his name was, as he seemed to only be talking to the girl. Recent aquaintances perhaps?

Then Matt, who seemed the quiet, sheepish type started going crazy. Fawning over Caleb's Eevee and bombarding him with questions. He then introduced his own trio, which included a Gastly.

Remy felt a shudder go up his spine as he looked at the huge gaseous blob, hovering in the air.

Ugh... I really don't like Ghost-types...

Battles were already being planned while Remy was busy disliking the Ghost-type, fortunately the girl's Charmeleon seemed to be the brains of the operation and Daria was discouraged from any more impromptu street violence.

"Slow down there, perhaps it is best, if we discuss our Pokemon over some tea. I was just on my way to book a room for the tournament, when this incident with the Duskull occurred. Would you two care to join me?"

"Now we're talking! I was just showing the kid the only inn left that still has vacancies. You're free to tag along. Free of charge of course! And that means you too kid, c'mon."

A good deed couldn't hurt. Besides, it's not like the other two were likely to let Remy rip-off the kid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They walked for about 15 minutes before arriving at a small building. "The Sleeping Sunkern"

They walked in. The house was decorated in traditional Johto fashion.

"Hey lady! Brought you more customers!"

An old lady came out with her Meowth. She was ridiculously short and fragile looking. She set up behind the counter and said.

"Welcome to The Sleeping Sunkern. How can I be of service to y'all today?"

Rupert's new acquaintance seemed to have cheered up immensely now that Haunter was gone. He was even apologizing and asking about Rupert's well being, a gesture that Rupert felt he was entirely undeserving of. The youngster introduced himself with:

"My name is Ryan Oliver, and I've come here to become a Pokémon Champion! What about you?"

This unabashed ambition took Rupert by surprise. Describing Rupert as "moderate" in nature would be generous, and as such he never knew how to deal more sociable people. There was however one part of Ryan's introduction that drove fear into him. With some fidgeting he managed to utter:

"P-pokemon Champion? Does that mean that you're here for the tournament?"

"Ok Kusari, I KNOW it didn't take that long to get to Ecruteak, and it took even less time for Jacob to fly me over here on his pidgeot, but I gotta say it. I'M FINALLY HERE! YEAH!" Tom walks into the square to see the huge gathering of trainers "I guess they're all here for the tournament. Or maybe the bug catching contest?" Tom checks his poketch. "Nope, that's tomorrow. So definitely the tournament. Maybe I should go look around, check out the competition. What do you think Kusari?" The scorpion nods in approval. "skor." Tom walks off into the crowd.

They walked for about 15 minutes before arriving at a small building. "The Sleeping Sunkern"

What the heck, this couldn't hurt. He might as well start to introduce himself. He checked to see if the duskull was still following him. Kirlia skipped alongside him as Ike went into the inn.

Daria stepped forward ahead of the rest, her quartet of fools traipsing along behind her, and swung an open hand full of money down onto the desk. She grinned, in her usual overbearing manner, and said "Me and my team here could use a place to sleep! Got any rooms open? A spacious one, please; ooh, or, wait, if you've got a flat roof a key up there'd work too!"

With their trainer preoccupied, explaining to the old lady how she needed room to train with her team, they began to seek some form of socialization. Spiegel, fancying himself the most mature, kept a close eye on the others while he moved over towards Spike the Cyndaquil. He extended a claw, and introduced himself. "Char. Meleon, Char." Any other fire type that didn't fancy itself a featherball was OK in his book.

Raiden, appearing to be the biggest bruiser besides him, earned Slagger's attention, who extended two hands in search of a friendly greeting; he smothered the meeting with a cheesy grin almost as bad as his trainer's.

Gemini sought out Caleb's Eevee once more. "Hya, hya!" She, or rather it, despite Daria's insistence to the contrary, thought the little fluffball looked intriguing and wanted a closer look.

Jet, not one for socializing, took a spot next to Ventus and gave it a silent nod.

Battles were already being planned while Remy was busy disliking the Ghost-type, fortunately the girl's Charmeleon seemed to be the brains of the operation and Daria was discouraged from any more impromptu street violence.

Ike decided that he needed to be involved. If he was going to win this, he had to know the competetion, and that mean... contact.

Ike forced himself over to the man. With an extremely forced smile on his face, he shoved his hand out and muttered, "Hello. I am Ike. What is your name?".

Yeah, this was going to go SO WELL!

"I'm not giving you my pokefood recipe though, so don't think of trying to get that out of me."

This elicited a dry chuckle from Savannah. "Who me? I'd never try and do a thing like that... dammit "

She finished off her can of soda as she observed Darius's two pokemon faux fencing, it was very amusing to watch, she thought about getting Spriggan a pokemon to play with, something that was bipedal like him, she had heard good things about fossil pokemon, even though they were sometimes very costly. How many people could claim that literally had a living fossil though? That alone might be worth it.

"How about there? Seems as good a place to start as any."

Darius pointed to a nearby bulletin board which housed a flier advertising an inn only just around the block.

"The Sleeping Sunkern huh? Seems as good a place as any in my mind. I can't wait for the embrace of a soft mattres... Ah..."

Savannah closed her eyes and imagined sleeping on a bed made of clouds, like an Altaria. Although she had slept the majority of the trip away on the cruise ship, her accommodation had not been as she had expected, and the mattress, although it did not perturb her sleep, was sub-par. And before then it had been the rough and tumble life of camping.
Realising that she had been standing silent and closed eyes, happily daydreaming away, she quickly shook herself free of the drowsiness that had overcome her.

Come on boys, we've got to find a place to stay the night, so let's go. You fancy coming with us, Sav?"

She pondered the question briefly, before resigning that it was probably safer this way, she didn't know the streets that well, and there could be thugs for all she knew.

"Why not? The more the merrier as they say. Is that okay with you Sprigg?"

"Grove..." he said as he once again studied his new acquaintances, before he too resigned that company would be welcome.
"Grovyle" , accompanied by a nod of his head.

And with that they began their walk to the inn, it was fairly brief, as it really was quite close by, she ad Darius exchanging pleasantries as the walked.

When they arived at the inn they were instantly given a warm welcome by the elderly innkeeper, she looked incredibly frail, although her Meowth on the other hand looked quite capable.
As her and Darius began discussing the issue of price, Savannah took a brief gander round the inn, finding a number of tenants who, like her, were probably trainers also here for the tournament.

The old lady, Madam Kerner, looked at the spirited trainer in front of her, her beady eyes scanning Daria's face through purple tinted glasses. On her lap, her Meowth yawned.

Meeeeeeeeeoooooooooowwwwrrrrr...

"Room 207... Next to that red headed young man... No flat roof here, I'm afraid..."

A look of devastation could be seen on Daria's face. But what the lady said next was sure to change that.

"This ain't one o' those namby pamby posh hotels. This 'ere's a real establishment! For real trainers! Like my late Mr. Kerner." Granny Kerner opened her mouth to a warm, proud smile. "Training room's downstairs dear. Dinner's at 8."

"That's Granny Kerner for ya!" Remy said, leaning against a wall.

"Hello. I am Ike. What is your name?"

A boy with a weird smile had offered his hand to Remy in greeting.

"Uh, name's Remy. Remy Olivier. You here for a room kid? You participating in the tournament too?"

Just then, two more would be tenants arrived. A young woman with a Grovyle stepped in, accompanied by a man with a Psyduck and Sandslash. The lobby was getting crowded fast.

"Whoa, better start passing out those keys, Granny! I'll just wait in the dining room for you guys. Come on down once you're settled in."

Granny Kerner then continued.

"Who's next?"

"Uh, name's Remy. Remy Olivier. You here for a room kid? You participating in the tournament too?"

"Why yes, I am here for the tournament. Isn't that a coincidence?"

Meanwhle, Kirlia was off poking the poor man's leg. "Kirr?

Damn, this is a disaster and I only said one thing...

His target had left for the dining room. Dang. He needed a key. This was going to be difficult.

Ike walked over to the lady with the Meowth. "Um, how much for a room?"

Kirlia was on his back now. She seemed to be sleeping on his shoulder. Kirrrrr... she purred, with a smile on her face. She was drooling a bit, though it was hard to notice.

Tom walks back out of the crowd. "Well, I didn't see anything particularly terrifying, then again, I don't really know anything about the other regions pokemon...." The arachnid pinches him as he starts to nod off "Ow! You're right Kusari, it's getting late, and... Hey! look over there!" Tom points to a building that seems to be an inn. "The Sleeping Sunkern. Hm. Let's check it out?" Tom enters the inn, and walks straight into some kind of purple-leaved tree. He instantly falls down. Both Kusari and one of his pokeballs fall off of him.
"Ow... Oh! Sorry, are you ok?" Tom suddenly realizes that what he bumped into was not strangely colored foliage, but actually a purple haired girl. A very tall girl, but a girl.

"Who's next?"

"That'd be me and mine, Mame. Guys, quit that." Daffy and Knuckles had proceeded up to the front desk and were miming getting a key, with Knuckles the proprietor and Daffy the one getting the room.

"Psy. Sy,sy,sy,sy,sy,sy.Psyduck. Psy,psy,psy....Duck?"

"San,san,san,san.Ssllllasssh." He mimed getting a key and handing it to the Duck pokemon in front of him. Daffy spun on his heel....and kept spinning, two or three times before finally falling flat on his face, to which Knuckles then "jumped over the desk" and knelt to help him. Psyduck then lept up and smacked him in the face with his oversized head and bill, causing the Sandslash to fall on his back, seemingly unconscious, while Daffy shook his head a moment before standing and then going rigid and slowly falling, bowling pin style, back onto the floor.

The two then jumped back to their feet and struck poses, claw holding claw, awaiting their applause, smiles plastered on their faces.

"P-pokemon Champion? Does that mean that you're here for the tournament?" For some reason the notion that Ryan would compete with this stranger scared the stranger. This seemed strange to Ryan, as he had never seen himself as a threat or intimidating.
"Yup! I guess you're here too for that, ain't ya? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine." In reality Ryan wasn't even sure if he himself would even last the first round. Seeing all the competition around made him unsure of his own skills. However, the fear-struck face of the stranger told him he wasn't alone in this.

"You're going to the PokéCentre too?" he said, walking towards it. He hoped they could stick together, as he really needed someone to talk to. Being lonely wasn't really his thing.

Rupert's heart felt like it sank inside himself and found a not-entirely comfortable resting place somewhere beside his colon. So far his ideas about the tournament had been vague, mostly revolving around faceless opponents beating him to a pulp. Now he had a face to put on the opposition in the form of Ryan, but this really didn't help. If anything it made everything worse. Granted he had just met the young man, but Ryan seemed to be a sympathetic and nice guy. The thought that they would be forced to fight horrified Rupert. Until now he had merely been worrying about any harm coming to himself or his own pokemon, but he now found that he worried about the opposition's wellbeing too.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine."

"Do fine?" But in the event that they would fight each other, Rupert doing "fine" would mean that Ryan would lose. How could Ryan wish him the best? The more Rupert thought about the tournament the more he simply wanted to leave this new strange place.

As Rupert wracked himself with all these notions, he barely noticed that Ryan had been gracious enough to invite him along to the PokeCentre. Rupert turned red, only now realizing how rude he had been. He hadn't even told the kind man his name.

"Oh! Yes, yes of course. It... that was my destination before all... this. Sorry. And yes, I will be competing in the t-tournament. Oh, and my name is Rupert. Rupert Gravel. It s nice to meet you. Both of you."

He ended this with an awkward gesture that was not quite a bow and not quite a nod to both Ryan and his Mightyena. Ryan seemed to take Rupert's mannerism in good stride, and together the duo made their way to the PokeCentre. There they were promptly told by the ever patient Nurse Joy that due to the influx of trainers attending the tournament there was no room for either of them at the centre.

"Well, hmm. Should we find an inn then?" Rupert suggested tentatively.

"Training room's downstairs dear. Dinner's at 8."

Daria stammered for a second, and her mouth dropped wide open. She was unsure how to react to such news; it was unexpected, to say the least. Finally, her brain settled on a reasonable course of action and set its carefully-laid plan into motion.

"WAHOOO!" she yelled in triumph, taking the key from Madam Kerner and looking ready to split her own face in half with the grin she sported. She hopped from one leg to another in rapid motion, unable to contain her excitement. An actual training room?! BEST. HOTEL. EVER. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she repeated over and over again as her head scanned back and forth like a searchlight to find the way downstairs. When she finally spotted the route, she took off in a mad dash, yelling back "Anybody wants to join me for training is welcome to it!"

And then, just like that, she was gone, leaving her bewildered Pokemon and anyone unfortunate enough to be watching in a daze. The quartet looked at each other, determining what to do, before finally shrugging and returning to their own interactions with their fellow Pokemon. All except for Jet, who after giving Ventus another nod slowly walked off in Daria's general direction.

Lee stood there as the stranger dashed off into the crowd with no response, after about taking a moment to process what just happened he headed to the poke centre to find a place to stay, only to be told that he couldn't stay there. After walking for a couple of minuets he found a hotel and entered, just as he did he heard someone yell.

"Anybody wants to join me for training is welcome to it!"

I guess some training couldn't hurt, and this place is pretty crowded so it would be fun then just waiting Lee thought, he headed down stairs and saw a girl with her pokemon 'I wouldn't mind a 3 on 3 match' he said trying to be friendly.

Granny Kerner went into hyperdrive, handing out keys at the speed of light. Anything to get all this riff-raff out of her lobby.

First was Ike. "Room 208, can't miss it."

Then, Darius. "Room 210, 209 had a Weezing incident..."

Matt was next. "Room 303."

Caleb's turn came up. "Room 305 for the gentleman. No sword fights indoors."

Savannah and Tom seemed busy getting themselves off the floor so they would have to wait. Lee on the other hand was going down to the basement when Granny yelled: "TAKE A KEY BEFORE YOU GO YOUNG MAN! ROOM 304!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked