A REALLY Wild Wasteland... (Fallout RP Sign-Up Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

ImSkeletor:

Hagi:

Souplex:
Another NPC/character for someone who can't make a good character of their own.

The Mechanist can haz side-kick? Yes?

So... if anyone wants to play this guy, or any other robot, as an ally or side-kick that'd be freaking awesome.

I also look forward to perhaps meeting this Flash guy, looks like we might have a wild wasteland superhero league in the making...

Names people! We need names! The Vanquishers? The League of Extraordinary Wastelanders?

Got to say that the idea of two insane men and a robot who think they are superheros patrolling the wastes and fighting crime as a team sounds great to me.

...why do I get the feeling they'll just take one look at my walrus, and open fire, thinking him as an evil monster of the wastes?

Dr. Crawver:

ImSkeletor:

Hagi:

So... if anyone wants to play this guy, or any other robot, as an ally or side-kick that'd be freaking awesome.

I also look forward to perhaps meeting this Flash guy, looks like we might have a wild wasteland superhero league in the making...

Names people! We need names! The Vanquishers? The League of Extraordinary Wastelanders?

Got to say that the idea of two insane men and a robot who think they are superheros patrolling the wastes and fighting crime as a team sounds great to me.

...why do I get the feeling they'll just take one look at my walrus, and open fire, thinking him as an evil monster of the wastes?

Because you're a walrus instead of a dog. I mean, who WOULDN'T shoot a walrus? :P

lacktheknack:

Dr. Crawver:

ImSkeletor:

Because you're a walrus instead of a dog. I mean, who WOULDN'T shoot a walrus? :P

it's not my fault that my flesh is so sweet and tasty.

Dr. Crawver:

lacktheknack:

Dr. Crawver:

it's not my fault that my flesh is so sweet and tasty.

As Robbaz once said "Nobody wants to be a walrus."

Dr. Crawver:

ImSkeletor:

Hagi:

We'd probably open fire, miss horrendously and then decide the heroic course of action would be to recruit you into our team.

I mean the Avengers have the Hulk, the Justice League has the Martian Manhunter. Clearly every superhero squad needs a non-human freak of some kind.

Unless of course your character feels a strong affinity to Giant Ants, in which case you, as a clear collaborator of the AntAgonist, will need to die in a fire.

Hagi:

Dr. Crawver:

ImSkeletor:

We'd probably open fire, miss horrendously and then decide the heroic course of action would be to recruit you into our team.

I mean the Avengers have the Hulk, the Justice League has the Martian Manhunter. Clearly every superhero squad needs a non-human freak of some kind.

Unless of course your character feels a strong affinity to Giant Ants, in which case you, as a clear collaborator of the AntAgonist, will need to die in a fire.

Ant meat is delicious, far better than dirt. I hope that doesn't make me a major target.

Dr. Crawver:

Hagi:

Dr. Crawver:

Ant meat is delicious, far better than dirt. I hope that doesn't make me a major target.

Any brave soul that helps decrease the vile influence of the AntAgonist is a good soul in the Mechanist's book.

Does your walrus like robots? Because if he likes robots he's golden.

Hagi:

Any brave soul that helps decrease the vile influence of the AntAgonist is a good soul in the Mechanist's book.

Robots smell odd and make strange noises. I leave them alone when I can.

You're not a robot, are you? I don't know much about robot insides.

Dr. Crawver:

Hagi:

Robots smell odd and make strange noises. I leave them alone when I can.

You're not a robot, are you? I don't know much about robot insides.

Hrm... more robots for me then I guess...

And not a robot, although my magnificent intellect and innate understanding of all technological marvels is probably beyond the understanding of a mere walrus.

Hagi:

And not a robot, although my magnificent intellect and innate understanding of all technological marvels is probably beyond the understanding of a mere walrus.

yeah well...a robot can't sew your arm back on, or flush out the muck in your stomach after eating sand for a week.

...I mean arf.

PieBrotherTB:
-Snip-

littlealicewhite:
-Snip-

Okay, okay, OKAY!

...I'll give you two a shot, as much as anyone else does around here. It helps that Ryan had to go. Still waiting on Rex and I STILL have to make the hard decision. Group is actually made, though, so there's that.

Dr. Crawver:

Hagi:

yeah well...a robot can't sew your arm back on, or flush out the muck in your stomach after eating sand for a week.

...I mean arf.

Or can it?

Challenge accepted I'd say.

On another note: Don't be so trusting of Crawver, folks. You see, this is an irradiated world, so his original form had to be some kinda' sea monster. A WALREX!

Hagi:

Or can it?

Challenge accepted I'd say.

That robots medical methods are all wrong. He forgot to cover up the wound with stickytape

FalloutJack:
On another note: Don't be so trusting of Crawver, folks. You see, this is an irradiated world, so his original form had to be some kinda' sea monster. A WALREX!

Arf arf, I didn't do nothing.

FalloutJack:

PieBrotherTB:
-Snip-

[quote="littlealicewhite" post="540.386301.15403079"-Snip-[/quote]

Okay, okay, OKAY!

...I'll give you two a shot, as much as anyone else does around here. It helps that Ryan had to go. Still waiting on Rex and I STILL have to make the hard decision. Group is actually made, though, so there's that.

I understand that you probably want to keep reign on the story and important details yourself, but should you need any help on any other aspects and such I'd be happy to help in any way I could, I'm certain at least one or two of the others would also be able to help.

Just give a call if you need some utterly boring and mundane task taken care of and I'm sure we can help you out.

Hagi:

FalloutJack:

PieBrotherTB:
-Snip-

Okay, okay, OKAY!

I understand that you probably want to keep reign on the story and important details yourself, but should you need any help on any other aspects and such I'd be happy to help in any way I could, I'm certain at least one or two of the others would also be able to help.

Just give a call if you need some utterly boring and mundane task taken care of and I'm sure we can help you out.

Did someone mention boring mundane tasks? That sounds right up a sophisticated walruses alley.

Don't know if you're still accepting sheets but... what if I crossed Al Swearingen with the Announcer from Team Fortress 2?

ImSkeletor:

Hagi:

Souplex:
Another NPC/character for someone who can't make a good character of their own.

Gig's speed could make him an integral part of the team until of course there is any danger then he'll use the other members as shields

Now that I think about it he would make an excellant supervillians sidekick/minion

Hagi:

FalloutJack:

PieBrotherTB:
-Snip-

Okay, okay, OKAY!

To a certain extent, I agree. And frankly, there are some aspects of the plottiness that will become known and relevent to your individuals as soon as the plot starts, or even in private if I get around to it. Furthermore, the introduction will definitely spell out alot of things that you wouldn't exactly know IC-wise, but give you a handle on situations to an extent. I'm all for characters being in the dark while players can know stuff above their heads. As for help running it...we'll see. This is a big RP. I might just need it.

So how were choices from 3 handled?
The biggest one I can think of is whether or not Project Purity was sabotaged, but there are a decent number of others, such as the fate of Megaton.

Khedive Rex:

well, it took a while, but dammit I think that was worth the wait. That made me laugh quite a few times, and adds another unique character to the mix, I'll love to see what shenanigans he gets himself into. I'm putting this guy on my list of characters to keep an eye on.

Dr. Crawver:
well, it took a while, but dammit I think that was worth the wait. That made me laugh quite a few times, and adds another unique character to the mix, I'll love to see what shenanigans he gets himself into. I'm putting this guy on my list of characters to keep an eye on.

Why thank you! I kind of love the idea of playing a magnificent coward and this struck me as just the kind of RP where I could get away with doing something like that. There's certainly already a precedent for out-there characters. I'm quite excited to run into your walrus doctor. Bartelby has a special fear of doctors. Most people have to settle for killing you. Doctors? They can keep you alive...

Is it too late to sign-up?
If not... I have a character sheet below...

So, if it isn't too late, I'd like to join.

Khedive Rex:
-Brave Sir Robin!-

A very interesting character, and...his mother's in the Enclave? That could be...fun.

Souplex:
The biggest one I can think of is whether or not Project Purity was sabotaged, but there are a decent number of others, such as the fate of Megaton.

Project Purity functional and guarded by East Coast BoS. No FEV sabotage. Lone Wanderer wandered off some years back and we dunno where he went. Liam Neeson is still dead, but if you hurt his kid, he swears that he will find you and he will kill you.

Megaton is no boom, in fact disarmed. Tenpenny Tower is ghoul-haven'd.

Additinally, for anyone who needs to know: Independent New Vegas, NCR and Legion still in a snit out west. East Coast BoS not happy about the way West Coast BoS was handling things.

OKAY, PAY ATTENTION!

This is going to be big. Even with my having to exclude some of you, it's big. The order of operations now goes thusly...

{1} I figure out who the hell goes in.

{2} I prepare a ginormous post. (Or two if the Escapist has a character limit.)

{3} I invite people into the group.

{4} The prepared post is posted.

{5} You get to postin'.

From there, I'm gonna handle things the best I can. Chances are, I'll have to trust something to somebody, but I won't know what until I find it. I can tell that a number of you can, though. This is how it is. Further questions will be heard out, certainly, but once I make selections, refer to using the group chat for your poking.

Khedive Rex:

Dr. Crawver:

Why thank you! I kind of love the idea of playing a magnificent coward and this struck me as just the kind of RP where I could get away with doing something like that. There's certainly already a precedent for out-there characters. I'm quite excited to run into your walrus doctor. Bartelby has a special fear of doctors. Most people have to settle for killing you. Doctors? They can keep you alive...

It's looking like it's going to be enough fun, there's enough "normal" style RP characters, like the cowboys, basket cases, and warriors, with enough "wild card" characters thrown in to spice it up more. Just as long as no guns end up being pointed at the walruses head when he's no-where near water, I'm sure he'll do fine.

As for being kept alive, just make sure he doesn't find you unconscious. Not only will he make sure you're kept alive, you'll probably wake up covered in thick walrus slobber.

Dr. Crawver:

Khedive Rex:

Dr. Crawver:

It's looking like it's going to be enough fun, there's enough "normal" style RP characters, like the cowboys, basket cases, and warriors, with enough "wild card" characters thrown in to spice it up more. Just as long as no guns end up being pointed at the walruses head when he's no-where near water, I'm sure he'll do fine.

As for being kept alive, just make sure he doesn't find you unconscious. Not only will he make sure you're kept alive, you'll probably wake up covered in thick walrus slobber.

Ooh that could be an issue. Connor tends to get knocked on his ass fairly regularly. On the other hand, being covered in walrus slobber wouldn't be the worst state he's woken up in, and it's the waking up part at all that really counts, right?

Damn, my internet connection made this far more difficult than it should have been. I've hit a real Caesar's Legion kick at the minute and desperately want to start a new save with a character like this.

FalloutJack:

Souplex:

Project Purity functional and guarded by East Coast BoS. No FEV sabotage. Lone Wanderer wandered off some years back and we dunno where he went. Liam Neeson is still dead, but if you hurt his kid, he swears that he will find you and he will kill you.

Additinally, for anyone who needs to know: Independent New Vegas, NCR and Legion still in a snit out west. East Coast BoS not happy about the way West Coast BoS was handling things.

So we can safely assume in all situations that the Lone Wanderer chose the good option?

Souplex:

FalloutJack:

Souplex:

So we can safely assume in all situations that the Lone Wanderer chose the good option?

Is helping Roy and the ghouls the good option with the tower? That one struck me as gray, but mostly yeah. I wouldn't have him kill all the mutants. Marcus is awesome.

FalloutJack:

Souplex:

FalloutJack:

Is helping Roy and the ghouls the good option with the tower? That one struck me as gray, but mostly yeah. I wouldn't have him kill all the mutants. Marcus is awesome.

So the Courier has not been shot yet?

LFC Scouser:

FalloutJack:

Souplex:

So the Courier has not been shot yet?

You did read how I said this was after New Vegas, right? And that later I clarified "Independent New Vegas", with the notion that the Legion and NCR still have alot to fight over? Not that that directly influences us unless you're from that area "CoughVanGraffCough* but still...

So, where is this group? Should we find it now or will you just invite everyone later?

[quote="FalloutJack" post="540.386301.15405091] You did read how I said this was after New Vegas, right? And that later I clarified "Independent New Vegas", with the notion that the Legion and NCR still have alot to fight over? Not that that directly influences us unless you're from that area "CoughVanGraffCough* but still...[/quote]

You rang? And the best bit about ongoing conflict between NCR and Legion is that it's good for the family business! That and a lack of NCR taxes under Independant NV. Good times for all!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked