Your desire is our Command - What do YOU want to play as?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:

Asclepion:
Was it derailed, then?

not really, the GM is just kinda letting us do our own thing in his world. also, the 'killing spree' mentioned, was just his character. after arguing with the GM for 2 days.

drmigit2:

It is currently on life support, with a second recruitment thread.

we just got 2 or 3 new people added to the roster, we're doing fine now thanks.

sides, you still have the other frofro in FA

The day a recruitment thread actually makes a worthwhile character is the day hell freezes over. Good luck but the thread will most likely end up dead. Doing your own thing is basically, sit in a circle and talk for a while. There has been zero plot progression at all in that story. It is like if LotR was really about people taking a hike in the woods and killing monkeys.

given you still sound 'salty' about getting booted out, you'll have to forgive me for not taking you 100% at face value. sure there's a lot of talking, that's not really a mark against it, i mean, you remember how popular LoTR was/is right? just sayin, walking and talking with the occasional battle works

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:

not really, the GM is just kinda letting us do our own thing in his world. also, the 'killing spree' mentioned, was just his character. after arguing with the GM for 2 days.

The day a recruitment thread actually makes a worthwhile character is the day hell freezes over. Good luck but the thread will most likely end up dead. Doing your own thing is basically, sit in a circle and talk for a while. There has been zero plot progression at all in that story. It is like if LotR was really about people taking a hike in the woods and killing monkeys.

given you still sound 'salty' about getting booted out, you'll have to forgive me for not taking you 100% at face value. sure there's a lot of talking, that's not really a mark against it, i mean, you remember how popular LoTR was/is right? just sayin, walking and talking with the occasional battle works

You do realize people make the joke that LoTR is just a bunch of people going on a long walk right? That was the joke I was making. The roleplay has never had any real plot and while that may be fine, it also makes it really boring for anyone else to read. On top of that, my other point was that it was basically unusable as an example of how to run a serious roleplay as it had little to no story elements. The talking has almost no value whatsoever and lead to absolutely no growth in characters. The point is, that the whole thing is an unstructured mess that while is fine on its own, has no purpose outside its own realm and isn't worth using for inspiration.

drmigit2:

You do realize people make the joke that LoTR is just a bunch of people going on a long walk right? That was the joke I was making. The roleplay has never had any real plot and while that may be fine, it also makes it really boring for anyone else to read. On top of that, my other point was that it was basically unusable as an example of how to run a serious roleplay as it had little to no story elements. The talking has almost no value whatsoever and lead to absolutely no growth in characters. The point is, that the whole thing is an unstructured mess that while is fine on its own, has no purpose outside its own realm and isn't worth using for inspiration.

yeah, i've made that joke to, doesn't change the fact it worked, also, you do know that the 'its boring for other people to read/watch' argument is flawed right? i mean horribly flawed, as what is 'boring' is a matter of personal preference.

really? you see nothing about CF that's worth taking notes from? funny, i do, several things in fact, that you do not worries me, especially since you fancy your self a GM.

another thing. 'it has no purpose out side its realm', to this i kind have to say 'so? who cares'. you seem to be forgetting that first and foremost the PLAYERS need to be the ones entertained, not passers by. if forum poster#120384 pops in and likes what they see, great, if not, well nothing of value lost so long as the people in the world are still enjoying them selves.

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

yeah, i've made that joke to, doesn't change the fact it worked, also, you do know that the 'its boring for other people to read/watch' argument is flawed right? i mean horribly flawed, as what is 'boring' is a matter of personal preference.

really? you see nothing about CF that's worth taking notes from? funny, i do, several things in fact, that you do not worries me, especially since you fancy your self a GM.

another thing. 'it has no purpose out side its realm', to this i kind have to say 'so? who cares'. you seem to be forgetting that first and foremost the PLAYERS need to be the ones entertained, not passers by. if forum poster#120384 pops in and likes what they see, great, if not, well nothing of value lost so long as the people in the world are still enjoying them selves.

Please name anything of value to translate from Cannon Fodder into a serious roleplay like FA. Also, any roleplay should be an interesting story to people not directly involved in it. Cannon Fodder is in no way at all interesting to people who haven't participated. I have to leave so I can't go into detail, but the fact is, the roleplay has almost nothing of value to anyone. It is like a Michael Bay movie.

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

Please name anything of value to translate from Cannon Fodder into a serious roleplay like FA. Also, any roleplay should be an interesting story to people not directly involved in it. Cannon Fodder is in no way at all interesting to people who haven't participated. I have to leave so I can't go into detail, but the fact is, the roleplay has almost nothing of value to anyone. It is like a Michael Bay movie.

Are you suggesting that should CF be made into a movie, it would make millions of dollars? ^_^

Things from CF that could be useful for a "serious RP":

1) Statistical Elements: While not necessarily used the best way, the use of an actual stat block on the escapist is rare enough to warrant remembrance in future games

2) Voluntary Time Skips: The idea of using time skips to advance past scenes where the players are loosing interest is useful enough in keeping a game going, but putting the power in the hands of the players who are far better judges the the GM is novel and brilliant.

3) Power Evolution: RP's on the escapist have often had the problem where their is no measurable progress in the characters ability. In creating a block where a character's powers can grow over time, it creates the feeling of advancement, yet, because it lacks a specific game mechanic it doesn't interfere with the RP elements that remain core to the RP concept

4) Secondary Powers: The idea of adding additional, GM designed, powers is utter brilliance. It gives the GM the ability to ensure the players can meet the challenges he/she has planned, while at the same time making the player feel as though its a gain in ability rather then a nudge toward any specific goal.

5) World Setting: Instead of the usual elves, dwarves, orcs, halflings, and humans, we have four distinctly different races, and humans for those of us who prefer the element of familiarity; thereby pressuring no one towards ignoring the game because its the same as every other fantasy or ignoring the game because its too different.

Those are just off the top of my head. Just because you didn't like it, does not mean something cannot be learned.

drmigit2:

really? your playing FA? the RP i left due to boredom? alright ....

should be interesting to others, but hardly nessacary

setting: ye olde times, with super powers, it just sounds cool.

premiss: granted, mages thinking their better then every one else and trying to take over is hardly new, but still good

races: generally, i tend to favor anything with out elves and dwarves, but bear, goat and fish people are a very nice diversion

locations thus far: yeah not much so far, but see below

the bits of lore i've been made privy to: since Rias has been traveling for so long i get to know things, that >.> still can't share, sorry. i can say how every that the world Nuba has setup is far more interesting then you are willing to give credit.

as opposed to FA, who's setting Marvel and DC have done, several times I'm sure (look up Old Man Logan some time, its basically FA, only better done), not to mention it doesn't lend it self to going anywhere, at all, everything is stuck in ONE city, which has no character, no reason to give a damn about it other then "you live there", great, "why do i care? was the city nice before the Mc Niels took over? where the Mc Niels really 'evil' or did we just kill them cause they where the villain of the week" like that 'Arab guy' or 'sub boss' as i think of him and this Mercury.

yes, getting out into the world is a big deal to me, confining the whole thing to one spot, seems lazy to me

in order for a setting to be interesting, it needs history, FA is sorely lacking in that area. it may not matter to you, but just telling me "this guy is evil kill they ass" doesn't even get a pass from me in video games, even the "thinking optional ones" i play.

surprised? TiR invited me back, so i've been keeping on eye on FA, though that seems to fallen through since i've seen no 'go ahead' form TiR in the form of a PM or GM post, so I'm probably gonna stop keeping tabs on it here pretty soon under the assumption that the re-invite has been retracted and that it's just not an interesting read. it's a Michel Bay movie trying to pretend its a Steven Spielberg movie

hiei82:

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:

Are you suggesting that should CF be made into a movie, it would make millions of dollars? ^_^

1) Statistical Elements: While not necessarily used the best way, the use of an actual stat block on the escapist is rare enough to warrant remembrance in future games

2) Voluntary Time Skips: The idea of using time skips to advance past scenes where the players are loosing interest is useful enough in keeping a game going, but putting the power in the hands of the players who are far better judges the the GM is novel and brilliant.

3) Power Evolution: RP's on the escapist have often had the problem where their is no measurable progress in the characters ability. In creating a block where a character's powers can grow over time, it creates the feeling of advancement, yet, because it lacks a specific game mechanic it doesn't interfere with the RP elements that remain core to the RP concept

4) Secondary Powers: The idea of adding additional, GM designed, powers is utter brilliance. It gives the GM the ability to ensure the players can meet the challenges he/she has planned, while at the same time making the player feel as though its a gain in ability rather then a nudge toward any specific goal.

5) World Setting: Instead of the usual elves, dwarves, orcs, halflings, and humans, we have four distinctly different races, and humans for those of us who prefer the element of familiarity; thereby pressuring no one towards ignoring the game because its the same as every other fantasy or ignoring the game because its too different.

Those are just off the top of my head. Just because you didn't like it, does not mean something cannot be learned.

1: The stats were a joke. He never used them, abused them when it favored him and overall made them worthless as an indicator.

2: Everyone here has already agreed that time skips just don't work for any rp with a large party, especially with multiple factions.

3: It was utilized arbitrarily and in a method that could at best be described as haphazard. On top of that, managing that many evolutions in a massive roleplay would only add to the convolution.

4: So the GM makes challenges that are so poorly suited to the characters, that he feels the need to randomly give them more powers to make up for his inability to plan? Sounds like a great idea to me!

5: The world setting has at this point been: LOTR but with bear people, fish people and other animal people. The only races that were added were just furries. Then, anything else is just ripped from WoW or Tolkien.

There is nothing of value in that roleplay when making a larger roleplay with a serious tone.

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

really? your playing FA? the RP i left due to boredom? alright ....

should be interesting to others, but hardly nessacary

setting: ye olde times, with super powers, it just sounds cool.

premiss: granted, mages thinking their better then every one else and trying to take over is hardly new, but still good

races: generally, i tend to favor anything with out elves and dwarves, but bear, goat and fish people are a very nice diversion

locations thus far: yeah not much so far, but see below

the bits of lore i've been made privy to: since Rias has been traveling for so long i get to know things, that >.> still can't share, sorry. i can say how every that the world Nuba has setup is far more interesting then you are willing to give credit.

as opposed to FA, who's setting Marvel and DC have done, several times I'm sure (look up Old Man Logan some time, its basically FA, only better done), not to mention it doesn't lend it self to going anywhere, at all, everything is stuck in ONE city, which has no character, no reason to give a damn about it other then "you live there", great, "why do i care? was the city nice before the Mc Niels took over? where the Mc Niels really 'evil' or did we just kill them cause they where the villain of the week" like that 'Arab guy' or 'sub boss' as i think of him and this Mercury.

yes, getting out into the world is a big deal to me, confining the whole thing to one spot, seems lazy to me

in order for a setting to be interesting, it needs history, FA is sorely lacking in that area. it may not matter to you, but just telling me "this guy is evil kill they ass" doesn't even get a pass from me in video games, even the "thinking optional ones" i play.

surprised? TiR invited me back, so i've been keeping on eye on FA, though that seems to fallen through since i've seen no 'go ahead' form TiR in the form of a PM or GM post, so I'm probably gonna stop keeping tabs on it here pretty soon under the assumption that the re-invite has been retracted and that it's just not an interesting read. it's a Michel Bay movie trying to pretend its a Steven Spielberg movie

#1: You didn't leave due to boredom, you left because you couldn't deal with Iron not letting you teleport across the map and then fire giant dragon ball z blasts at everyone while poorly stating your powers, writing with the grammar of a ten year old and refusing to correct it.

#2:The setting has been done, done again, done a third time, done a thousand more times and beaten to death before being reincarnated to just be beaten to death again. Don't even pretend to call it original.

#3 As stated before, the races are literally just furries.

#4: Just because you refused to take the time to read about FA, which has a long history of tyrants and abuses, does not mean the history does not exist. The history behind CF is non-stated and the whole roleplay screams of being thought of as it went along. If all of FA did not take place in one city, nobody would interact and besides, we have left the city after major events and the city itself is huge and sprawling, unlike the settings in CF.

The settings in CF have been as follows:

Human capitol in which there were like three shops and a gladiator arena

A village in which there was a bar and a few old ladies, nothing happened

A forest.

The originality here just makes is so fascinating!

drmigit2:

hiei82:

drmigit2:

1: The stats were a joke. He never used them, abused them when it favored him and overall made them worthless as an indicator.

2: Everyone here has already agreed that time skips just don't work for any rp with a large party, especially with multiple factions.

3: It was utilized arbitrarily and in a method that could at best be described as haphazard. On top of that, managing that many evolutions in a massive roleplay would only add to the convolution.

4: So the GM makes challenges that are so poorly suited to the characters, that he feels the need to randomly give them more powers to make up for his inability to plan? Sounds like a great idea to me!

5: The world setting has at this point been: LOTR but with bear people, fish people and other animal people. The only races that were added were just furries. Then, anything else is just ripped from WoW or Tolkien.

There is nothing of value in that roleplay when making a larger roleplay with a serious tone.

1) None the less, the actual USE OF STATS was a GAIN, as I have only seen ONE OTHER RP use them.

2) Then I don't count as anybody, because I do not agree. If used correctly, THEY. ARE. A. USEFUL. TOOL.

3) how it was utilized was not the argument; the argument was "What of value is in CF". I don't think the leveling system in Call of Duty is meaningful, but by the same note, that doesn't mean I hate leveling systems. I don't like Battlefield, but that doesn't mean I dislike any game that uses a shooting mechanic. How it was utilized (which I think wasn't bad) is tangential to the point

4) How many games get off track because the players take a route that is completely unexpected; in any game, as a GM, you need to find ways to gently direct the party back toward the plot when they go off on a tangent. This usually entails creating a penalty for going in the wrong direction. By instead providing a benefit for following the path, you add another tool to the GM toolbox.

5) "LOTR but with bear people, fish people and other animal people." - meaning that there IS something different about it.

I have a hard time buying your argument that the entire game was worthless, when you actively played in it for 20+ pages.

hiei82:

drmigit2:

hiei82:

1) None the less, the actual USE OF STATS was a GAIN, as I have only seen ONE OTHER RP use them.

2) Then I don't count as anybody, because I do not agree. If used correctly, THEY. ARE. A. USEFUL. TOOL.

3) how it was utilized was not the argument; the argument was "What of value is in CF". I don't think the leveling system in Call of Duty is meaningful, but by the same note, that doesn't mean I hate leveling systems. I don't like Battlefield, but that doesn't mean I dislike any game that uses a shooting mechanic. How it was utilized (which I think wasn't bad) is tangential to the point

4) How many games get off track because the players take a route that is completely unexpected; in any game, as a GM, you need to find ways to gently direct the party back toward the plot when they go off on a tangent. This usually entails creating a penalty for going in the wrong direction. By instead providing a benefit for following the path, you add another tool to the GM toolbox.

5) "LOTR but with bear people, fish people and other animal people." - meaning that there IS something different about it.

I have a hard time buying your argument that the entire game was worthless, when you actively played in it for 20+ pages.

If by actively played it, you mean threw bombs at everything and actively tried to derail the whole non existent plot. Then sure. Adding furries is not anything new, interesting or cool and he used Ben 10 pictures to explain at least one race.

I could go back to each argument, but the point is, that the elements inside it that you liked were so poorly used that they don't prove anyone can use them effectively. Going back to your Call of Duty example, this is like trying to prove that one can effectively use a level system because Call of Duty used it, even though it was shit.

Since time skipping is a popular part of your argument, I can go in and explain why it is a poor idea with multiple factions and I will use a Star Wars RP I was in a while ago to explain.

When you have multiple factions, each are going to be running their own paces, as such, planning a time skip is impractical because you end up with one faction waiting for potentially a week while the other finishes. This is what happened in the Star Wars RP and ended up resulting in everyone leaving the roleplay out of boredom. Anyway, this isn't about cannon fodder so to get back on task.

I think the best way to implement your idea, since I realize I have yet to add anything constructive, is if you focused on one battle and made the whole roleplay about that battle. That way, the action never falls, we can drag the battle as far as we need to, the whole thing has a definate end, we can make sequels or even a sprawling series of battles going on at once and it has potential, but I would say, with the dragon idea, have the first one take place in the first battle between nations, the setup for the battle, failing negotiations and eventually the battle itself. Ending the roleplay with the battle, an epilogue explaining the results of the battle. From there you could make another thread. This also avoids the issue of people leaving, as most characters will die in the battles and we can bring new people in, briefing them on the previous battles. The idea to me, actually could work, but it would have to be highly experimental. I mean, to put the argument behind us, since you are passionate about this I would be willing to work with you on the idea.

drmigit2:
I think the best way to implement your idea, since I realize I have yet to add anything constructive, is if you focused on one battle and made the whole roleplay about that battle. That way, the action never falls, we can drag the battle as far as we need to, the whole thing has a definate end, we can make sequels or even a sprawling series of battles going on at once and it has potential, but I would say, with the dragon idea, have the first one take place in the first battle between nations, the setup for the battle, failing negotiations and eventually the battle itself. Ending the roleplay with the battle, an epilogue explaining the results of the battle. From there you could make another thread. This also avoids the issue of people leaving, as most characters will die in the battles and we can bring new people in, briefing them on the previous battles. The idea to me, actually could work, but it would have to be highly experimental. I mean, to put the argument behind us, since you are passionate about this I would be willing to work with you on the idea.

The problem with a single battle RP is that the overarching story could be lost. It becomes a lot harder to put a story in place within the relatively short context of a battle. Most battles don't last long enough for any real context to be given. For example, the Battle of Austerlitz lasted a day while the Battle of Gettysburg lasted 3 days. Can you successfully showcase a fully realized and important villain in that short a period of game time? What of character development - how do you get the player characters to advance in that short a period?

I think your idea might work as a running battle (say as part of a retreating army on a long trek back to safe territory). Then you create that feeling of hopelessness needed to show the horrors of war, give the players room to grow, give the players the ability to formulate plans and strategies to combat the problem, and allow the villain to build up credit as a right evil bastard.

Thoughts?

hiei82:

drmigit2:

The problem with a single battle RP is that the overarching story could be lost. It becomes a lot harder to put a story in place within the relatively short context of a battle. Most battles don't last long enough for any real context to be given. For example, the Battle of Austerlitz lasted a day while the Battle of Gettysburg lasted 3 days. Can you successfully showcase a fully realized and important villain in that short a period of game time? What of character development - how do you get the player characters to advance in that short a period?

I think your idea might work as a running battle (say as part of a retreating army on a long trek back to safe territory). Then you create that feeling of hopelessness needed to show the horrors of war, give the players room to grow, give the players the ability to formulate plans and strategies to combat the problem, and allow the villain to build up credit as a right evil bastard.

Thoughts?

#1: The only ones we would write an entire roleplay thread for would be the major battles. Like if we did the civil war, we would only do like the multi day battles that are major deciders.

#2: This rp wouldn't need a major villain in any traditional sense. I mean it is a war. War is already the bad guy. That said, characters that survive can go to other battles and if someone was particularly evil they could theoretically go from battle to battle and develop.

#3: The biggest issue would indeed be losing the story, we would have to work very hard to ensure that does not happen. There is one other thing that I liked in another roleplay though. The Mass Effect RP that we are both in actually made a dedicated forum for it. We could run recruitment roleplays here, summing up battles and the current situation of the war, perhaps even one of us running a series of news casts on the side for people who want a not so brief, but not 30 page long summary of the battles. These are all ideas I would have to elaborate on in skype but my primary concern, is that if you made this a big giant thread, it would die. I mean I honestly don't think it would stand a chance just due to how convoluted, cluttered and unintelligible it would be. My idea allows for individual stories while still having a comprehensive story.

#4: If we went that route, making it just about a small group of people it would work. In fact it would be very small scale. I was thinking however, that if you wanted to take the grand approach and actually tell an entire war as an rp, we could try it. I mean we are both experienced enough to get this to work, simply avoiding pitfalls and planning to make it as structured as possible while still being open. We could for example, have a dice rolling system for pvp or something. Really get to me on skype tomorrow.

I would like a RP set in the Sengoku or Tokugawa era of Japan. I think that could be a cool setting.

Sooo.....is that WW2 RP dead then?

I'd like to see more historical conflicts combined with the supernatural (beating up Cthullu at the Somme for instance, or some sort of Lovecraftian cult at work behind the lines that needs to be stopped) historical conflicts that aren't combined with the supernatural and Warhammer Fantasy/40K. Also alternate history conflicts.

NEED MORE CONFLICT.

...Can we get a Song of Ice and Fire RP?

drmigit2:

#1: You didn't leave due to boredom, you left because you couldn't deal with Iron not letting you teleport across the map and then fire giant dragon ball z blasts at everyone while poorly stating your powers, writing with the grammar of a ten year old and refusing to correct it.

lmao, your 'OP' argument, MIGHT hold more water if you weren't trying to god mode with Fromanzio's speed stat, or use those bombs as OHK on everything.

TiR's and now your, pointless bitching about grammar aside, (seriously, get over it, I'm not changing shit for some one i've grown to dislike) the world was boring, and turning into something wholly uninteresting, and in following, it's actually gotten less interesting. so I'm kinda glad TiR has forgotten about me, means i have an extra character i can put in an RP i actually WANT to be in.

i wasn't enjoying it, i left. get over it, or if you wanna keep beating that dead horse, least i didn't need to be kicked out for arguing with the GM like you where.

#2:The setting has been done, done again, done a third time, done a thousand more times and beaten to death before being reincarnated to just be beaten to death again. Don't even pretend to call it original.

never said it was, just that its cool, and better then 'people with super power emerge, and the world falls apart cause no one can see eye to eye for 5 minutes', if i want grim dark, I'll go read some 40k novels, bound to be more interesting

yes, god forbid something not human like get used in an RP to add SOME semblance of flavor. no ... lets just stick to the human/dwarf/elf thing and keep sucking Tolken's nob some more cause that's SO much better ...

#4: Just because you refused to take the time to read about FA, which has a long history of tyrants and abuses, does not mean the history does not exist. The history behind CF is non-stated and the whole roleplay screams of being thought of as it went along. If all of FA did not take place in one city, nobody would interact and besides, we have left the city after major events and the city itself is huge and sprawling, unlike the settings in CF.

uh huh, huge, sprawling, and still centering around like the same 4 spots it seems, there WAS a brief mention of some farmers guild, or union or something, but that seems to have been totally forgotten at this point in favor of more pointless violence. how Michel Bay of the lot of you, you in-particular.

A forest.

roll something other then a lunatic and maybe the GM will share tid bits with you to.

@TiR, if your reading this, you keep right on forgetting about Raechel, i've not seen anything going on that makes me wanna rejoin, that and i've come to dislike drmigit here

hiei82:

Obviously, they all share the common theme of Flintlock-Fantasy; one of my favorite genres.

I actually have the last one (7th Sea) built up already (interest thread constructed but not posted), but I haven't finished one last section yet (on swordsman schools) and don't have time to run it.

Otherwise, the Ravnica thing looks cool, though I haven't touched MTG with a ten-foot pole since Time Spiral so I have no idea what changes have happened

I always thought Yatzhee was just taking the piss when he mentioned he wanted to see an alternate history war game set in a Dragon dominated Napoleonic Wars but awesomely it's a real thing-I must get these books!

I'd definitely join in a Flintlock-Fantasy RP if only to try and win the Iron Cross for bayoneting a French Drake!

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

lmao, your 'OP' argument, MIGHT hold more water if you weren't trying to god mode with Fromanzio's speed stat, or use those bombs as OHK on everything.

TiR's and now your, pointless bitching about grammar aside, (seriously, get over it, I'm not changing shit for some one i've grown to dislike) the world was boring, and turning into something wholly uninteresting, and in following, it's actually gotten less interesting. so I'm kinda glad TiR has forgotten about me, means i have an extra character i can put in an RP i actually WANT to be in.

i wasn't enjoying it, i left. get over it, or if you wanna keep beating that dead horse, least i didn't need to be kicked out for arguing with the GM like you where.

never said it was, just that its cool, and better then 'people with super power emerge, and the world falls apart cause no one can see eye to eye for 5 minutes', if i want grim dark, I'll go read some 40k novels, bound to be more interesting

yes, god forbid something not human like get used in an RP to add SOME semblance of flavor. no ... lets just stick to the human/dwarf/elf thing and keep sucking Tolken's nob some more cause that's SO much better ...

uh huh, huge, sprawling, and still centering around like the same 4 spots it seems, there WAS a brief mention of some farmers guild, or union or something, but that seems to have been totally forgotten at this point in favor of more pointless violence. how Michel Bay of the lot of you, you in-particular.

A forest.

roll something other then a lunatic and maybe the GM will share tid bits with you to.

@TiR, if your reading this, you keep right on forgetting about Raechel, i've not seen anything going on that makes me wanna rejoin, that and i've come to dislike drmigit here

#1 and end: Iron had no intention to accept you whatsoever and was laughing at your sheet with us earlier. Also, Fromanzio never tried to OHKO people with bombs, in fact I left fates wide open with bombs every time. I did indeed try to make it almost impossible to hit Fromanzio, but he has no real armor to speak of. Also, I argued with the GM because he was making shit up out of his ass, ignoring stats and just plain made up powers on the spot. I really did not care if it got me kicked because I won't be putting up with bullshit from a poor GM.

#2: You basically agreed with me on the setting here. It sucks.

#3: Just because it isn't elves and dwarves, does not make the ideas original or interesting at all. The thoughts behind the races were, bear guy, fish guy and snake guy. I mean come the fuck on, there are two year olds coming up with more original ideas.

#4: We have main hubs, but the story has branched out and the Union is actually going to be addressed when people aren't attacking us, which you would know if you could write your way out of a box and didn't abandon the roleplay just because you were mad that Iron got on you for having horrific writing.

Saltarius:

Only if Mirri Maz Duur can come back as a Wight and finish the job with Dany.

Asclepion:

Saltarius:

Only if Mirri Maz Duur can come back as a Wight and finish the job with Dany.

We ought to just have a not-evil Wight character. Just this guy who hangs around Southron in brothels and no one works up the nerve to ask why he's there.

Saltarius:
Snip

MMD rocks.

She can't come back because she was burned to ashes?

Not a problem.

drmigit2:

#1 and end: Iron had no intention to accept you whatsoever and was laughing at your sheet with us earlier. Also, Fromanzio never tried to OHKO people with bombs, in fact I left fates wide open with bombs every time. I did indeed try to make it almost impossible to hit Fromanzio, but he has no real armor to speak of. Also, I argued with the GM because he was making shit up out of his ass, ignoring stats and just plain made up powers on the spot. I really did not care if it got me kicked because I won't be putting up with bullshit from a poor GM.

so he's a petty, immature twat? explains the childish violence fetish he's go going on.
if he doesn't have the stones to, on an internet forum no less, to confront me then he's not worth listening to to begin with, and is the highest form of coward i can think of.

your right FA's setting is total shit, good to see we're on the same page on something

#3: Just because it isn't elves and dwarves, does not make the ideas original or interesting at all. The thoughts behind the races were, bear guy, fish guy and snake guy. I mean come the fuck on, there are two year olds coming up with more original ideas.

original =/= good, just as, re-used concept =/= bad. its PRESENTATION that matters, do you really NOT get this? really?!

#4: We have main hubs, but the story has branched out and the Union is actually going to be addressed when people aren't attacking us, which you would know if you could write your way out of a box and didn't abandon the roleplay just because you were mad that Iron got on you for having horrific writing.

oh look :D this limp, opinion based argument again here's a quarter, call some one who cares. sides, i haven't seen anything better out of you so zip it

if you where Evrant or Hiei, or a few other people I LIKE, I'd listen, as it stands, you and TiR are nether, so get over it, not changing for ether of you

protip: if you want some one to change, or do something different, being a jerk is not the way to do it. being a jerk will only ensure a continuation, not an end to the undesirable behavior.

the fact you and TiR don't seem to understand this simple fact of human nature is pittyable

A world asleep RP, Everyone in the world falls asleep, and your one of the few still awake. Those asleep will not die, and there is no reason for the happening.

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

so he's a petty, immature twat? explains the childish violence fetish he's go going on.
if he doesn't have the stones to, on an internet forum no less, to confront me then he's not worth listening to to begin with, and is the highest form of coward i can think of.

your right FA's setting is total shit, good to see we're on the same page on something

original =/= good, just as, re-used concept =/= bad. its PRESENTATION that matters, do you really NOT get this? really?!

oh look :D this limp, opinion based argument again here's a quarter, call some one who cares. sides, i haven't seen anything better out of you so zip it

if you where Evrant or Hiei, or a few other people I LIKE, I'd listen, as it stands, you and TiR are nether, so get over it, not changing for ether of you

protip: if you want some one to change, or do something different, being a jerk is not the way to do it. being a jerk will only ensure a continuation, not an end to the undesirable behavior.

the fact you and TiR don't seem to understand this simple fact of human nature is pittyable

Here we go again. Ignoring your inability to differentiate were and where, your and you're and to too and two. Your arguments are by themselves shit.

1. No, you just had a horrible sheet, asked to join again with another horrible sheet and we were laughing at the concept of you joining again. He didn't bother to bring it up on here because there was no reason to.

2. Nice, you and I are well aware that the convo was on the topic of CF's story, not FA's. You have essentially pulled an "I know you are but what am I?"

3. Your entire point was that it was original, now that you are aware it is indeed not, you are now changing subjects. No, the setting was not particularly well done either.

4. This is not opinion based, you are failing at basic grammatical structure on a writing forum. You are supposed to actually put effort in your posts. A simple read over before you post could eliminate almost all of your problems but you won't even put the effort in to do that. Your writing wouldn't pass a ninth grade level and does not belong here. I don't care if you dislike me because I can hardly stand to read the dribble you post.

*edit* I just saw the last part and had to laugh at it.

Okay, haven't seen better out of me? I at least punctuate my sentences, check for grammar errors, make changes at people's requests and bother to improve my writing. Yours has only gotten worse as time passes and I think you are beginning to regress down a grade level each month. I actually write quite a lot in my spare time, have written short stories, done lengthy posts and just because I didn't make them in CF, a roleplay not based around that mind, doesn't mean I haven't ever done anything on that level. Your failings are on a level that should bar you from even entering this forum. You are derailing this thread however, and I don't know why I am conversing with someone who can't even make coherent paragraphs. It seems the only reason you have even come to this thread is to piss Iron and myself off. You have added nothing constructive so in a phrase, buzz off.

You know what.

The Wu Tang Clan fighting Wizards with kung-fu and jet packs.

Make an RP with no sense of self restraint. The saints row of RPs. That would kick all the ass. And have Fallout Jack GM it. possibly.

Captcha: dalek asylum

...WHY ARE THERE NO DOCTOR WHO OR TORCHWOOD RPS?!

drmigit2:
sniped due to inability to read, apparently.

and there you go again, thinking smug arrogance will get you some kind of desirable outcome.

yes, you sound like an arrogant dick.

as i've said, for what? the 5th or 6th time now, your not going to get anything out of me acting like that, and since you have an inability to listen.

waste some one else inbox space with you mindless drivel.

I'm done with you, may leave now

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:
sniped due to inability to read, apparently.

There you go again, thinking smug arrogance will get you some kind of desirable outcome.

Yes, you sound like an arrogant dick.

As I've said, for what? The 5th or 6th time now, you're not going to get anything out of me acting like that, and since you have an inability to listen. I honestly had no way to fix this sentence's end as it just is incoherent, consider revising.

Waste some one else's inbox space with your mindless drivel.

I'm done with you, may leave now. Do you mean "You may leave now"? I can not tell, you should also revise this sentence.

I have decided to edit your argument for you, seeing as how you don't have the time to do it yourself. Thank me later.

That said, you have still managed to say nothing at all despite fragmenting and disjointing an entire paragraph. So instead of arguing with you, I will teach you how to debate!

Okay so the first issue I have is that you seem to have ignored your opponent's argument entirely. I would highly recommend reading what other people say and thinking up an argument before posting.

The second issue, is a general lack of sense making. I highlighted the best examples of this but your structure just needs work. Perhaps you should consider re-taking elementary English classes. I have heard they offer those at night schools.

Finally, your argument is generally flawed. You pulled no facts from anywhere, instead you simply erected straw-men up to battle with and called yourself the victor.

Considering your spelling and other errors, I will have to give this argument essay a D-. You had the makings of a half decent essay somewhere inside but it was lost in your mistakes. Please consider learning to write.

Lunar Templar:
snip

I won't spam Iron's thread with an argument anymore. If you wish to continue this, then PM me if you are so enraged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELOW THIS LINE EXISTS NO MORE ARGUMENTS

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:
snip

I won't spam Iron's thread with an argument anymore. If you wish to continue this, then PM me if you are so enraged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELOW THIS LINE EXISTS NO MORE ARGUMENTS

nope i was done with the 'you may leave now' line, way to miss the point there btw. (._.)b

OT: yeah, something where i can play as a dragon, or a blind person, since that seems like it'd be interesting to attempt

Grim327:
Hm, you know, I've always wondered what a Starships Trooper rp would be like. It would at least bring in the idea of teamwork instead of everybody being able to hold their own in a fight. I wouldn't know how to GM or start it up, but hey, if someone can, it would be very neat in my opinion.

Something like that Battlefield Star Wars game, but then again when you die you respawn as another soldier. No personality or bio, you're all the same. Would people like that?

MortifiedPenguin:
An RP where you play as what are usually considered the 'bad guys' in a fantasy setting would be cool, I don't mean super villains or anything, just you're run of the mill goblins, orcs and kobalds kinda thing.

Y'Know, that can work but I'm sure that someone would fuck it up and make it so that orcs are normal, ordinary fairy tail creatures.
No shit, I've seen that once.

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:

Asclepion:
Was it derailed, then?

drmigit2:

It is currently on life support, with a second recruitment thread.

With people bailing on us in FA I expect to run a recruitment thread as well. Depends on you going either Cuban Pirates or Fake Jesus in the time jump. Those people I recruit could be coming form a different city and be acting as your vassals or alliteratively representatives from their city in your council, depending on how autocratic you want to run this Republic.

drmigit2:

Lunar Templar:

drmigit2:

FA is a serious RP? Well, thanks for the compliment.

Saltarius:

It would be super-hard to run and require dedicated players that won't bail on us... or alternatively more than one character per house.

natster43:
I would like a RP set in the Sengoku or Tokugawa era of Japan. I think that could be a cool setting.

Dude you have no idea the shit I want to run during the Ikko-Ikki rebellion periods. Still, I delay it in favor of other things because I know people won't give a shit.

Geth Reich:
Sooo.....is that WW2 RP dead then?

I'd like to see more historical conflicts combined with the supernatural (beating up Cthullu at the Somme for instance, or some sort of Lovecraftian cult at work behind the lines that needs to be stopped) historical conflicts that aren't combined with the supernatural and Warhammer Fantasy/40K. Also alternate history conflicts.

NEED MORE CONFLICT.

NEVERDEAD. Maybe, still trying to figure out the way I'm going to run it. It's hard goddamn it!

Lunar Templar:

Err, RP had been painfully slow for the past days and only last week did it decide to move again. I wasn't sure people were still on board (as we've lost our Voodoo master), but I'll see how I can toss you back in.

Marcus Kehoe:
A world asleep RP, Everyone in the world falls asleep, and your one of the few still awake. Those asleep will not die, and there is no reason for the happening.

Tell me more!

Shadowstar38:
You know what.

The Wu Tang Clan fighting Wizards with kung-fu and jet packs.

Make an RP with no sense of self restraint. The saints row of RPs. That would kick all the ass. And have Fallout Jack GM it. possibly.

Captcha: dalek asylum

...WHY ARE THERE NO DOCTOR WHO OR TORCHWOOD RPS?!

Because the shit has no rules to follow and too easy to abuse the fuck out of.

I'm tempted to try and make an RP set in a distinctly NON-Tolkien fantasy universe. The predominant first idea in my mind surrounding it is this: Humans are the ONLY humanoids. We do not, in fact, even come from this planet, and the humans' arrival is marked in calendars as an inexplicable, nigh-cataclysmic event because we're so unlike anything else on the planet. Humans themselves have absolutely no idea how we got here, where we came from, only that we are us, they are them, and it's important to make our niche.

Basically, it'd be sort of a culture war. The other races would be varied, but I have already thought of one: a race of energy-based beings similar in structure to non-fading lightning inside an amorphous cloud, which communicates through flashes of light, referred to in human tongues as "Brushes", for the way they interact with the world. Each Brush is a different color, completely unique. No other brush can perfectly match its color, tone, shade, and the dappling effect it has (most are not a uniform color). Since other races cannot speak through light flashes, they use their own body to create a sort of energized "ink" which they write on physical objects with in their fellow sentient's tongues. Though often used for writing, it's also used for "art". Clouds are considered permanent, identifiable landmarks in this world, as when one is discovered unoccupied, a Brush takes it as its own, using its own gas as a sort of preservative to make sure the cloud never dissipates. It then uses its ink to decorate the cloud, creating interesting patterns meant to symbolize or recreate both its life story, its wishes, and biographical information. These clouds are then the homes of Brushes.

They have a very distant relationship to other races, having no concept of a mortal lifespan. It's been theorized that the proper magnetization could disseminate a Brush, but nobody's tried it, and they do not age like a human would. Instead, they absorb their preferred form of currency, actual energy--literal lightning in a bottle--into their forms after performing some task or favor to earn it. This increases their size, their power, and the brilliance of their ink. In time, the most ancient Brushes actually absorb their clouds, and become a Tempest; vast, roiling thunderclouds of brilliant hues that humans can hardly comprehend, bringing rain, weather, and a dazzling display of color wherever they go as their gift to their world.

They are peaceful, because they have no comprehension of the need for war. Their way of life is permanently sustainable, as their Tempests can indefinitely produce the water, on an as-needed basis, necessary to create more clouds, which are they made into vessels for growing Brushes. Thus, there is no conflict beyond conflicts of philosophy or simple disagreements, which are often solves through rivaling displays of their majestic colors, to see who can create the most beautiful effects to determine the winner.

That's all I have at the moment, but personally I like the idea.

CJ1145:
I'm tempted to try and make an RP set in a distinctly NON-Tolkien fantasy universe. The predominant first idea in my mind surrounding it is this: Humans are the ONLY humanoids. We do not, in fact, even come from this planet, and the humans' arrival is marked in calendars as an inexplicable, nigh-cataclysmic event because we're so unlike anything else on the planet. Humans themselves have absolutely no idea how we got here, where we came from, only that we are us, they are them, and it's important to make our niche.

Basically, it'd be sort of a culture war. The other races would be varied, but I have already thought of one: a race of energy-based beings similar in structure to non-fading lightning inside an amorphous cloud, which communicates through flashes of light, referred to in human tongues as "Brushes", for the way they interact with the world. Each Brush is a different color, completely unique. No other brush can perfectly match its color, tone, shade, and the dappling effect it has (most are not a uniform color). Since other races cannot speak through light flashes, they use their own body to create a sort of energized "ink" which they write on physical objects with in their fellow sentient's tongues. Though often used for writing, it's also used for "art". Clouds are considered permanent, identifiable landmarks in this world, as when one is discovered unoccupied, a Brush takes it as its own, using its own gas as a sort of preservative to make sure the cloud never dissipates. It then uses its ink to decorate the cloud, creating interesting patterns meant to symbolize or recreate both its life story, its wishes, and biographical information. These clouds are then the homes of Brushes.

They have a very distant relationship to other races, having no concept of a mortal lifespan. It's been theorized that the proper magnetization could disseminate a Brush, but nobody's tried it, and they do not age like a human would. Instead, they absorb their preferred form of currency, actual energy--literal lightning in a bottle--into their forms after performing some task or favor to earn it. This increases their size, their power, and the brilliance of their ink. In time, the most ancient Brushes actually absorb their clouds, and become a Tempest; vast, roiling thunderclouds of brilliant hues that humans can hardly comprehend, bringing rain, weather, and a dazzling display of color wherever they go as their gift to their world.

They are peaceful, because they have no comprehension of the need for war. Their way of life is permanently sustainable, as their Tempests can indefinitely produce the water, on an as-needed basis, necessary to create more clouds, which are they made into vessels for growing Brushes. Thus, there is no conflict beyond conflicts of philosophy or simple disagreements, which are often solves through rivaling displays of their majestic colors, to see who can create the most beautiful effects to determine the winner.

That's all I have at the moment, but personally I like the idea.

Dude. Narnia. You're animating nature in this case, are you?

Furthermore - You already have enough RPs that I suspect you have tossed aside. Cunning man, what are you going to do with this one at the end?

TheIronRuler:
Giganta-snip

ENDLESS CONFLICT.

Well, better that then a confirmation of it's demise, I'll stay here and skim through this manual for the occupation of Poland in anticipation. Also, though I'd require a bit more schooling then just Shogun 2's encylopedia, I would very much enjoy a RP set during Sengoku Jidai-era Japan and the Ikki-Ikko rebellion-an RP that would hopefully involve lots of backstabbing and forced seppuku!

Geth Reich:

TheIronRuler:
Giganta-snip

ENDLESS CONFLICT.

Well, better that then a confirmation of it's demise, I'll stay here and skim through this manual for the occupation of Poland in anticipation. Also, though I'd require a bit more schooling then just Shogun 2's encylopedia, I would very much enjoy a RP set during Sengoku Jidai-era Japan and the Ikki-Ikko rebellion-an RP that would hopefully involve lots of backstabbing and forced seppuku!

I've been building the idea of having shit go down during the rebellion with black ships appearing (in the north!), illegal missionaries running around with arquebusiers, rebellious peasants, priests and ronin... AH, the Era is brilliant to set a game in, the problem is that it's chaotic as all fuck. I can't find a good idea or a quest or whatever to frame the RP in.

TheIronRuler:

Geth Reich:

TheIronRuler:
Giganta-snip

ENDLESS CONFLICT.

I've been building the idea of having shit go down during the rebellion with black ships appearing (in the north!), illegal missionaries running around with arquebusiers, rebellious peasants, priests and ronin... AH, the Era is brilliant to set a game in, the problem is that it's chaotic as all fuck. I can't find a good idea or a quest or whatever to frame the RP in.

I captured the Black Ship in one of my campaigns, it made an absolute mockery of the notion that any clan could challenge my control of the waters and precious trade routes-having over two dozen Nanban Trade Ships to support it were just hilarious overkill.

Missionaries with guns: the best way to spread religion! You mentioned earlier you'd like to do an RP about ordinary people trying to survive the fallout of some catastrophic event-perhaps a Feudal Japanese era RP could have the players as townsfolk or lower Samurai caught in the crossfire of a war between two powerful clans, merely trying to survive the clashing juggernauts?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked