Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 25 NEXT

Broken Blade:
Such an epic masterpiece, and a game that Yahtzee actually likes! See, it only takes a decade to make a game that fits his incredible standards!

Another excellent one, Yahtzee. I was howling half the time.

umm you kjnow he was making fun of it right he didnt like it at all the sacarsm is spread more thickly then branston pickle on yahtzee's sandwich which im sure he's choking on from laughing at people who thinks he's serious go and buy the game then blame him when it sucks.

Goddamn, I love that guy's sarcasm! When I first heard him say all this glowingly positive stuff, I nearly thought someone had kidnapped the poor, snarky bastard and replaced him with some sort of game-reviewing alien that loved everything it saw, like some fucked-up children's cartoon character. But just before I started strapping on my combat boots and girding up to save the life of my favorite game critic, I realized he was just spending the entire review being sarcastic.

Bravo, Sirrah! One of your finest moments! I think the time when I first caught on was when he started talking about the control scheme. Knowing Yahtzee, I knew that something wasn't up when he mentioned how you were supposed to walk- a gimmick which would make him explode with putrid rage without fail, normally. Then the facial expression bit really tipped me off.

I think a lot of people are missing the point that DNF was canceled hence the hilarity. <.<

Is this a real game ?
Did you just make up the game to have somthing to do.

kitsunegunner:

umm you kjnow he was making fun of it right he didnt like it at all the sacarsm is spread more thickly then branston pickle on yahtzee's sandwich which im sure he's choking on from laughing at people who thinks he's serious go and buy the game then blame him when it sucks.

Don't correct people like that when you don't know what you're talking about
The game was cancelled after like 13 years about a week ago

very funny vid, would you review this if another source picked it up and was released? Well I hope to see you review either bionic commando or punch out!! next week

Best Review ever.

X-D
yhatzee back on form X-D
you have to love him :)

I don't think the monkeys are your friends. Really sad, but true. I'm just connecting the dots from top to bottom taking into account both groups. Manipulation and misinformation at every turn. They've been hammering hard since 1998 on ALL fronts.

azadiscool:

puchead:
i was al ready to go to play.com and buy this fucker-but no......
Yahtzee pulls a dick move extrordinair by revealibg that it wasn't out yet...

Prick......

I really hope you are kidding.

My sentiment's exactly.

BoneCrusherBOB:

azadiscool:

puchead:

Prick......

My sentiment's exactly.

At least you didn't actually spend money on it... right?

xdiesp:

BoneCrusherBOB:

azadiscool:

puchead:

Prick......

My sentiment's exactly.

At least you didn't actually spend money on it... right?

Dude the game doesn't exist it will never exist they stopped making it. That was the whole point of this video.Yahtzee was making fun of the duke nukem fans.

In such a massive thread, I have a feeling that no one will ever notice this post, but I'll put it up anyway.

I have to say that this was one of the most awesome reviews EVAR. That is all.

The intelligence of some of the people in this thread is hilarious.

Who knows what's going on anymore.

Best. Zero Punctuation review. EVER.

I was sorta hoping DNF would be released, but only if it was full of parody.

"Only cowards crouch behind cover to regain health, real men slap on bandages by walking over health packs!"
Stuff like that.

I still wonder though, what was 3dRealms DOING over the past 12 years?!

Moose Fisher:

I still wonder though, what was 3dRealms DOING over the past 12 years?!

i wanna know what they spent their money on, other than WOW of course, and who gave them a dozen years worth of money to waste.

Oldmanwillow:

They were close to done and they need just a little more funding. Take two wouldn't give the funding know full well that they could get the right to the game when the product couldn't be completed.

That's not entirely true. Take2 did offer them $5 million for the DN IP, with the option to buy it back after release, but 3Drealms refused. Now Take2 is suing them for the IP and everything related to DNF.

If Take2 wins, DNF will most likely be handed to another dev team and be released long before 2021.

holy shit! 20 pages, nearly 700 comments..... I honestly didn't think people still cared about DNF.

........anyways, LULZ at the "that's so targic" part. Genius!

kitsunegunner:

Broken Blade:
Such an epic masterpiece, and a game that Yahtzee actually likes! See, it only takes a decade to make a game that fits his incredible standards!

Another excellent one, Yahtzee. I was howling half the time.

Yes, I know he was being sarcastic. I am not a moron. Thank you.

This is just EPIC!!! I can't believe how many people think that this game actually exists... Seriously... this is more funnier to read than the video... I'm speechless... xD
But the video was LOLz to xD

Hilarious rofl. I think this is Yahtzee's best review ever. Brilliant satire!

another whiny bitchfest. what a surprise.

I'm troubled by the fact that about 15% if the people here seem to be failing to comprehend that this is a satire.

Was shocked cause I thought it was out, then realised it was a satire

Great watch

This is, by quite some distance, one of the funniest and most killing reviews I've ever seen. Awesome work Yahtzee!

:O I really enjoy watching this one lol

I remember when I saw the leaked footage for the game. It looked so awesome and so promising and then 3D Realms kicked the bucket and had to step down from the gaming industry to do other things that I don't really care about and now I think I'll go play some Half-Life 2

I think some may be missing the point. Haha, great "review"

Revelo:

GuNsLiNgEr X:
First!

First to be banned on this thread you mean.

Actually I did enjoy how Yahtzee presented it as the game we all expected DNF to be, after 12 years of waiting we expected to combine aspects like FPS and RPG elements and create the most in depth video game every known to mankind. If it had been released I would also have expected it to be free, to come with a likesize Duke statue which occasionally commented on how badass and awesome you were.

But yes, lets hope we can forget how develops tried to get our hopes up for 12 years and just messed us about. Once Half Life came out i think it was obvious Duke Nukem was going to be in trouble.

And finally I can get to playing it on my Dalek entertainment system and after I'm done, maybe we could go play Quiddich on Mars?

Excellent review, and yes, I was also tear-jerkingly moved by the dryhump in a bikini, but even more moved when Duke's son did the same thing

coolio , cant wait for next1

thank you yahtzee for sending those dirtbags and crooks at 3D realms to hell with their pretentious and lengthy game; btw thank you for being both an intelligent and satirical game journalist as well (we are in such a short supply of those...)

lol I actually remember being excited about DNF back in 1998 when my friend told me about it after we clocked duke nukem 3d. Amazing to think 3D realms could get away with just sitting in a room moving there finger over there lips going bbbbbbbb for 12 years though, that has to be a record

So funny, i almost got excited, then i realise it was bull XD

wow u have actually became so sarcastic i cant tell when ur serius or not

bloody brilliant.

and top speed too, the ad at the end seems sluggish in comparison. well done. :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here