Doomsday Arcade: Episode 13

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Really good, smell the cheese, the uber-power glove and the massive amount of Mario references. Loved the little touch where they jump through a painting mario 64 style

ye it was good, but a little short :S

Craziest episode by far :D

Am I the only one gets excited about video montages in this day and age?

...very random disco thing...

The dancing trance thingy was... well different but, amazing. Brilliant episode I must say.

At least your story is easier to follow than unforgotten realms. And no ads? Awesome.

keep going guys. doing awesome.

...except for that dance scene. wtf?

still, awesome movie.

The_root_of_all_evil:
I'm wondering how many people actually get the hammer reference.

That is after they've stopped having fits from the flashing lights.

what? the Hammer Time reference or just the Mario's Ownage hammer reference?

also, what was the song during the acid tri- I mean chase scene?

The_root_of_all_evil:

I got the hammer reference. I also /facepalmed.

WHy was there a rave?

Kalezian:

The_root_of_all_evil:

I count 4 people here who didn't get it...

Yeaaaaaaaaah.....

That was crap.

I tried showing a friend the early episodes, and he was "wtf? this is so bad", and its episodes like this one that make me agree with him. I hope it gets back to better stuff like the Doom and Portal soon; Unforgotten Realms had a poor patch with Season 2 but its back on the funny now.

That said, the effects and camera work are still good fun.

Ignore the naysayer. This was awesome. I can't stop listening to the dance music chase scene.

I'm with you Geo, the mario disco made this episode. Groovy and hilarious, I was not expecting it.
And lets be honest, Mario is pretty trippy. Come on, Mushroom Kingdom? Pills?

Well...this was a weird one.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Kalezian:

The_root_of_all_evil:

I count 4 people here who didn't get it...

ahh yes, the hammer. Bane of all Kongs and Donkeys......well, atleast his barrels..... just they kinda threw a loop when they also had hammer time carved on the side of it.

This episode, it was made of win.

"Wait, don't we have guns?"

"We throw them away every time."

"Why do we do that, we had a portal gun once."

Too many great lines to remember, so I'll stick with that one for now.

I just realised the start of that song was the DK theme. Me stupid.

Didn't quite like it. Too short, too pointless, though a few amusing references.

I think I liked the previous one better.

That was brilliant. Loving the dance scene and the Power Glove.

This episode was rather fantastic. Loved all of the references; "Smell the cheese", them watching it on here xD

One thing, am I dumb for recognising the Hammer from Super Smash Bros Melee? Because thats where I identified it; the music as well as the actions he does because of it.

EDIT: Also, the cannon thing IS going to work. Know why? They didn't say "I can see no other possible outcome" :P

LOL @ Dr.Mario refference(the part where they are in this glas-thing and mario dropps some pills on them)

That music was awesome. I can has mp3? :D

Its like a primary school prank, the guy was supposed to punch mario, but instead kicked him in the balls :)

I really thought that the power glove was the glove from Singularity for a sec.

This one wasn't as good, but it was still OK.

Having the show spontaneously turn into a videoclip for a German techno band was awesome, but don't even think of doing it again, ever.

The editing of this series has become beyond spectacular. Also, I want that song on my iPod.

ROFL what the hell was that? The rave thingy I mean, I dont get it. But god damn I laughed my pants off... and Im in the dinning room, pants less. Now people are shocked.

EDIT: and the pills, ROFL, he throw the pills and you are like ''whatever, break the glass''. ROFL... its just annoying at most, worst attack ever. OMG... so funny. You guys should try MIRROR EDGE in the next episode. Just a suggestion. :)

Hahaha most random episode yet!!!

I KNEW the hammer from Donkey Kong would come into play, and the little Goomba army made me laugh.

Anybody else notice Mario had a nose ring?

I'm a bit of a loss as to what to say, sometimes it feels to me that the video game gags in the series are getting SO obscure they cease being widely recognised pushing more focus onto the running gags which suffer from being in the limelight of the show because they worked better as a delicious seasoning to the gamer humour.

Also, not only did this episode go through that HORRIBLE cliche of the villain telling the heroes everything they need to know in order to defeat them, but neither Lund OR Shanks managed to pass some kind of comment about how silly that would be.

That said, it was still good, just not up there with some of the older stuff like the Lazer Cat/Link episode or even the pilot ep. There was some great editing and a couple of pretty good Mario gags in there. It was nice to see it ending on a high note with cannon gag, as a few of the recent eps where a bit damp in the ending.

I always wondered why you got rid of the portal gun. Oh well.

Its a Mario (Rave) Party, they even got the drugs to do it XD,

"Dont we have guns?"
"We threw them away"
"Why do we always do that, we had a portal gun once!"
Pure genuis.

great episode. I really hope Gordon Freeman is part of the resistance. Am I the only one here that wants to see him in this show?!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here