Doomsday Arcade: Episode 15

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Timtimfed:

DETHANAUT:
It seems that we've infuriated the grammer Nazis.

It's "grammar". You're fired.

Wheresmyslaw:
You've responded to the grammar argument so many times Shanks, could you please tell us why the Micheal poison didn't work?

Maybe it's a slow burning poison?
Maybe it was really mislabeled smack?
It's all part of the plan...

I only have one thing to say...You my friend, are awesome.

DETHANAUT:

I was obviously referring to Kelsey Grammer. Gosh!

The most awesome yet canbalistic episode yet.

"That's what I call a 'marrow' escape."

Brilliant

That was.... Grotesquely hilarious.

"That's because all your mama's are prostitutes!"
Hahaha Cooking Mama was an excellent actress.
She reminds me of the creepy asian ladies that work at a doughnut shop.
Not being racist! Trying!
"Aaaahahahaha, you boys funny!"

This is an amazing series guys, keep up the good work:)

It's funny that when you call her a cow she agrees to cook up Alex. XD Well I can say if my fiance called me a cow for not cooking something for him he'd get his ass thrown outside. And is it just me or did Alex's shoes change from one type to black Converse?

you know what would had been freaking awesome, as they eat alex they should have gotten a fallout 3 "You have lost karma" and a mercer style flashback would had been nice. Also the freaky eye, at first they where creepy but later i actually though they looked cute.

Sigh, this is so awesome. :)

Lizmichi:

Timtimfed:

Lizmichi:

Zeeky_Santos:

Lizmichi:

Timtimfed:

frankenpimp:
Is that grammatically correct what they said at the end? "I know where the resistance are" It sounds like it could be but...

We debated this for a long time. Still think we got it wrong.

Ok just to clear this up, yes I'm a grammar bitch, are is used when referring to more then one thing such as "The dogs are over there". However, when it's singular you use is. "The dog is over there". The resistance is a singular object there for is would be correct. If it was the resistances are would be correct.

the resistance can also refer to a people, thus it would be a group or plural.

Yes that would be true however it's still referring to one resistance and no so much the number of people in the resistance. If that was that case then yes it would be are. But it means the group and a group is a noun being one thing not things. I could be wrong about the are and is thing but I'm very sure I'm not.

More or less, my argument for 'are' was that resistance was a group and I was uncertain whether to treat it as a singular group, or as a collective noun.

Meh doesn't matter nor does it bother me; It's not like this is an English paper. Just pointing out what I though was correct. Why I may never know. :/

In British English, and I would wager Australian English is the same, this singular-for-plural phenomenon is common and perfectly correct, as in "England are winning the football match" (in fact, it would sound quite unnatural and maybe even incorrect to say "England is ..."). I don't think it's as acceptable (if at all) in American English, which might explain why it sounds ungrammatical to a lot of you out there. Hope that helps ^_^

That entire episode made me need a palate-cleanser... Great episode though, really funny, if you can handle those eyes... They're staring into my soul!

Just one question. Why didn't the 'Michael Poison' work? Otherwise, loved this video, keep it up guys :) Loving Doomsday Arcade, well done.

jack dat was only coz de ate mercer and u love prototype lol i found ep 14 mor funny apart frm the zombie nd plant thing it was ok still brill writing

pretty cool that they killed mercer even though it didnt show how
pretty cool that they survived being poisoned even though it didnt show how
but still pretty cool

two really creepy NPCs in two episodes. First Alma, now Mama with those eyes. Thanks, now I'm going to have nightmares.

I know this comment is a little late, but that was quite possibly the most fucked up thing I've seen in a very long time. And it was still hilarious.

"Cooking Mama: All the fun of cooking without the drudgery of eating anything"

"Wait a minute...are we cannibals?"

"I suppose so, yeah"

"Hu...Badass"

I'm interested to know how they managed to survive Mama's poison. I think it may explain how they've managed to survive so far.

Love the series, loved the ep, that's all well and good.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents at the grammar problem. I'm 99% sure it should've been "The resistance is" because even as a collective noun it's still a singular word. The shoal is moving, the herd is angry, etc.

Sorry, couldn't help myself with that. =P

I hope you guys can keep up the great work though! It's become a main reason I visit this site.

i think the resistance is all the members of the escapist it would be really cool if it is

DETHANAUT:

DETHANAUT:

I was obviously referring to Kelsey Grammer. Gosh!

Ha, this is as good as the show.

Mama was creepy, but I would still say yes to her in a dark ally // One aspec of gaming they have not come across is save points, maybe there will be one before the end boss

-M

Waaagh, Cooking Mama is freaking scary.
Well done, guys (and gal)!

I watched this on my lunch break... Big mistake!!!

Excellent!Just keep making them ya stupid cow. Just kidding about the stupid cow you are great.

Ok, this has been bugging me for weeks, what does Shanks say at 4:35??? I can't quite understand him. Starts with "That's right" and ends with what could be "Fast and bulbous"

taisaku:
Ok, this has been bugging me for weeks, what does Shanks say at 4:35??? I can't quite understand him. Starts with "That's right" and ends with what could be "Fast and bulbous"

"That's right, the mascara snake: Fast and bulbous."

Trivun:
Just one question. Why didn't the 'Michael Poison' work? Otherwise, loved this video, keep it up guys :) Loving Doomsday Arcade, well done.

Fortitude Save.

Or maybe the writer has a plan. I don't know.

Timtimfed:

taisaku:

What does that even mean?

lwm3398:

Timtimfed:

taisaku:

What does that even mean?

I second this question, what in the hell could this mean?

by the way, I think it's stick, not snake

I think that the eyes actually make Mama prettier than she already clearly is. I'm fairly certain that's not a healthy thing...

Cooking mama was scary. I'm going to have me some nightmares tonight. O.o

Oh my GOD! Did they make a Captain Beefheart reference!?!?
They did!

Loving the... what is it? It's not excactly a "show", like... a comedy fantasy drama? Something like that. Loving the Doomsday story anyway so far!

Thought I'd missed something with the ep starting at the end of the fight but I realized that was just to get it out of the way for the cannibal fun (the meat-play and vomiting jump-cuts were hilarious!) and the creepiness of Mama.

Brilliant series, would love a compiled DVD release at some point.

They just keep getting better and better

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or