There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

What happened to Ike? (and the other one) I preasume his conditions gotten worst, but his brother would be avenging him, if he died...

Hope this story comes back

Private dick? Should have had an undersized shadow and maybe a fat man. A lot of them could really be G. Very nice episode, keep liking this more and more.

I am in complete awe right now...completely speechless...

DVD please...

Amazing, definitely got me with those plot twists. Must say I love the song at the end. Any hope of a full length song mp3?

This one was Dark, Whoever the butcher is he must be old.
Is it just me or does Samus look different.
That pill from Gannon It was "Enough firepower to stop the competition." so wheres the other pill and why does Zelda have it.

This=Simply exellent. The ending, Was so fucking amazing. You have no idea how much I love this series.

AH!!!!! Is this almost over? I don't want it to end! Its too fantastically acted, the costumes are wonderful, everything about the show is leagues above anything I have seen on the internet.
Another fantastic episode, the level of quality in TWBB is astounding!

Great, great episode. Sadly, all good things must come to an end, but hopefully you guys have had time to think of a new project that will be here on the Escapist. Well, i hope Waluigi is in the last episode. In my opinion he is the best interpretation of a character. I know all the others are great, but Wal just seems to make sense!

That was the longest, and probably the best, episode of the series so far. Bowser had the coolest voice ever! It sounded like a mix between Darth Vader and Rorschach.

Sephiwind:

Doug:

Sephiwind:
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fit the profile?

I think...if we go by what Browser said... that the oldest things are reclaiming the kingdom... that it'll be the oldest one of them all - the Pong Paddle! Not sure how they'd show that in episode, but still...

I thought about that and tried matching it up with the things we all ready knew about the killer. It didn't seems to fit all the criteria for the killer even though you can't get much older then pong. I really think though that the big boss will be someone actually recognized as an actual character. The pong paddles weren't really characters.

I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"

Seeing as this series has stuck pretty much exclusively to characters who've appeared in Smash Bros. in some way shape or form, I'd imagine "oldest demons" to mean the very oldest Nintendo characters.

Their first big success was Donkey Kong in 1981, all the characters in which have been shown already, but Nintendo has about a decade's worth of forgotten Arcade games from before that. That's not counting all the forgotten 1983 and 1984 NES/Famicom games.

DAMNIT! NOT RED!!! He was the best charecter! i almost cried when he died. But at the same time i started laughing with the soft rock pokemon theme. Amazing episode, i really hope there will be a dvd, ill buy it withen a minute!

And i think the next good idea would be Soul Caliber.

Who were the characters at the end at the PT's funeral?

Sheaphard117:
What happened to Ike? (and the other one) I preasume his conditions gotten worst, but his brother would be avenging him, if he died...

Hope this story comes back

Brothers? Wow, you completely missed the dynamic they were going for there.

petey hunter:
This one was Dark, Whoever the butcher is he must be old.
That pill from Gannon It was "Enough firepower to stop the competition." so wheres the other pill and why does Zelda have it.

Remember how Zelda said something about needing a stronger man, since Link's not a hero anymore? Well, Ganon's stronger...

I just lol'd at the end. i don't know why but acting deaths makes me laugh. (i laughed when rorshach died just how nite owl went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!)

Edit: i dont remember samus being this hot

-Looks like the bandit king's gone soft
-*glare*
-*shrink*

Haha, classic.

"Well excuuuse me, Princess."
*smiles* Very clever. (To the younger escapists: That was Link's catchphrase from the cartoon series 'Legend of Zelda')

I wondered how they would make Bowser look and I was very impressed. He died fighting. RIP King Koopa.

The ending *sniff* was excellent. Using the original (and TRUE) Pokemon theme as a sad song for the ending was a mixture of nostalgia and sadness.

Okay lets see whose died Dedede, Mewtwo, Bowser, Kirby/Meta Knight?, Ike, Yoshi, Red the Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, JigglyPuff, Roy, Donkey Kong, Wolf, and Falco.

If this doesn't get a DVD release then I don't understand why they wouldn't want to make money.
Its worth paying the $19.96 for clever humor.

Can't wait for the finale! :)

Red the Pokemon Trainer will be sorely missed. He was definitely my favorite character. :'(

Not cool guys...not cool....i actually cried a little for the pkmn trainers death

petey hunter:

Well, Sugar. When you have been running for days from the cops, are enemies of the state and just had the crap kicked outta ya by a group of thugs .. you probably would look different too. ;)

Thanks for watching. Lookin' forward to what Episode 10 will bring.

-Samus

RIP P.T. You will always be close to my heart ...

Wow...That was phenomenal. Way to stick to the theme, guys. Bowser becoming a Buddhist (or Buddhist-analog)? The oldest Nintendo characters exacting revenge on the New? Luigi being tied to Red's demise under Ganon's orders?

I love the following of little tidbits throughout Nintendo history, like Zelda saying she wants a stronger man, and who's stronger than the one wielding the Triforce of Power? Not to mention all the love towards the ancillary characters from Brawl...

What's next? Angry Samus re-dons her Varia suit, charges beam and kicks ass? Mario and Luigi get together to kick ass? Link--well, there's a few options--Fairy/Red Potion/Heart Container to life, or death by Zelda (that Bitch!).

Almost thought we'd see Red take out Ganon with Triple Beam Finsh...

I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"

*Lightbulb* Oh Mama Mia, it all makes perfect sense. He can appear out of nowhere, has a personal arsenal of finger missles & lasers, and he can fly.

Master Hand is the Master Mind to this entire plan.

Master Hand commands the army of Mr.Game&Watch. He manipulated Ganondorf with promises of ruling the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf then manipulated Zelda with false promises of power. Ganondorf used Olimar the Spaceman to create the explosive pills. Ganondorf said they would be used to "take care of the competition" and he used one to blow up Red's house. Why? Simple, because Red's a Pokemon Trainer and a Pokemon trainer basically commands powerful monsters. Red collected so many Pokemon that they would have been helpful to fight the army of MR.G&W's. Master Hand wanted to crush any possible threats.

Master Hand will be the one to truly control the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf and Zelda don't know they are nothing but puppets; Master Hand is literally the HAND pulling the strings!

O_o.....Mama Mia.

OMG i need the next episode now! it was just so addicting i have continually watched it sence it was released today until now. i need to know if link is dead or alive. him crawling at the end was so epic i thought he was so super owned there for a sec. but there is still hope, link! lol bowser was frichen a-fucking-mazing. i damn near broke down and cried every time i saw red's death. i always pick the final villian(ganondorf), the person with an epic super death(red), the whore(samus), and the douchebag(link) as my favorites in every series some how. i juust have that inate ability

SkullCap, think about brawl! there is one character thet they have left out completely. sonic! he is the butcher, like kirby is the canabal. he has the speed and skill to do all the killing.

That was so twisted it was awesome!!
It's a shame what happened to the kid. You know what, if it wasn't for that other girl, I would've guessed that at some point in the series, he would've gotten it on with Samus so she would, you know, make him a man.

I loved "Your princess is in another castle". It made me lol. :D

For some reason, I have the feeling that Link has a fairy on him. Anyway, great work on this episode guys, wonderful story as always, and I really enjoy the way you portrayed Bowser. May I ask how much work went into that costume? It looked quite professional =D.

kuusho rei:
SkullCap, think about brawl! there is one character thet they have left out completely. sonic! he is the butcher, like kirby is the canabal. he has the speed and skill to do all the killing.

Sonic is a wheelcar, and I doubt he could or would be the butcher.

My prediction: Link will live, at least through this backstab. Remember, he does have some of that Maxim Tomato stuff that he used on Luigi, and he said he had enough for himself.

Or he could just knock boots with a fairy.

"Because that's like throwing a hotdog down a extremely tiny hallway."

kuusho rei:

It wasn't sonic, he and snake are seen in the immigrant place in like episode 2 or 3.
Snake in his box and Sonic in a wheelchair. Go back and see that he was mentioned.

On another note, epic series and I have questions for Samus!

You are great at this, plus after 9 episodes it is still unclear who the butcher is, you should go on to make mystery TV shows........with Tom Selleck!

I smiled like a doofus when Link whipped out the old "excuuuuuuse me" line.

I love this series, man.

Shit. I put my money on the "army" being the Brawl campaigns Subspace Army. I was close, seeing as shadow bugs(what Subspace soldiers are built from) are extracted from Mr.GW, but I wish it would somehow tie in the whole Tabuu/subspace thing. Other than that, I can only say DAMN YOU FOR BEING SO SUSPENSEFUL! TWBB, we barely knew ye, and shall regret thy passing.

Man, I knew about Red's death but I still got misty-eyed while watching that. I love being a part of this show and I love that you guys keep watching it. Thanks so much for all your support. :)

NRX:

On another note, epic series and I have questions for Samus!

Ask away, sugar.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or