Apocalypse Lane: Behind the Scenes

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Nice. Final Cut Pro rules. I use it almost every day for work. Still very shaky with After Effects, but I'm learning. Slowly...

Guess it was kinda cool to get some insight but really you guys get me so excited for a next episode I feel kinda let down (if anything I guess its kinda a compliment to how well you guys set up next episodes)

swaki:
(i still remember when i found out that bart is voiced by a woman)

Thank you for fucking my mind. ;-;

yes mister ducky I like behind the scenes... Well you don't have to be so negative about it...
What do you mean it's just filler... Well you know if there wasn't filler there wouldn't be jelly donuts... Yes mr. ducky I'll go tell them... No I will not say they sucked!

any ways mr. ducky wanted to... "SHUT UP I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, GOD DAMNIT MR. DUCKY!" he wanted me to tell you the filler is good when filler is needed and this season break space is the doughnut in need of jelly.You know what I'm saying, cause I know you know what I'm saying, and I know you know that I know that you know mr. ducky should be an important plot device.

I was so displeased when I saw that it wasn't a new episode, but you guys totally made up for it with a very enjoyable video, and the knowledge that this will continue going for at least another couple of months :D

Goddamn. That's what goes into a good cartoon. Damn. 2 guys and a baby. Creative mix of teammates.

Oh no, you use a MAC!

:(

But as to the baby...

:)

Awwwwwwwww, that little girl was so adorable. Is she Johns daughter?

what sort of pad is that you were using? i have a friend that is looking for a bad of similar nature to that.

ninjajoeman:
yes mister ducky I like behind the scenes... Well you don't have to be so negative about it...
What do you mean it's just filler... Well you know if there wasn't filler there wouldn't be jelly donuts... Yes mr. ducky I'll go tell them... No I will not say they sucked!

any ways mr. ducky wanted to... "SHUT UP I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, GOD DAMNIT MR. DUCKY!" he wanted me to tell you the filler is good when filler is needed and this season break space is the doughnut in need of jelly.You know what I'm saying, cause I know you know what I'm saying, and I know you know that I know that you know mr. ducky should be an important plot device.

And I know that I fucking love you for that post. You made my goddamn day, mate. Thank you.

OT: I found this filler episode to be interesting, but when you guys said which characters you act out, I wanted to see you say some lines in their voice in real life. Instead of just seeing Mr. Franklin, Steve, Cuddles and Willy being acted out.

Other than that, an actual really interesting episode.

Legendary, dudes. I'm certainly looking forward to season 2; if it's anything like season 1, it'll be an absolute beaut.

Ill say tuned for another great season:D <3

Huh.
Interesting stuff.
And that baby was adorable.
Looking forward to season two guys.

Well, you guys get better every episode. I'm glad Pete's not dead. He became really cool after he lost his hockeymask.

I love when interviews gets screwed up. Much better than an uptight "look at our perfect family" routine. I hope we get to see an episode where the new employee gets to show some skills.

I knew this had potential from the first episode. Glad I stuck with it.

Wow that was interesting seeing you switch voices almost on a dime like that.

I fucking Love Apocalypse Lane - its the best internet Show ever - i would love to see some merchandise stuff, like T-shirts or whatsoever

And that Background and making of was an awesome inside look - thanks for that

Fun fact:
when i play mw2 Multiplayer on SubBase map as TaskForce 141 and have the UAV ready, the voice (UAV is ready for activation or smthng like that) sound just like STinky - it is so hilarious!

lol that was great. i love the show guys, keep it up!

odubya23:

Jon Etheridge:

Shane Hamstra:
Jon, are you complying with all child labor laws in your area? Also, is your new "animator" included in your concept meetings?

Child labor what now?

I don't think that we want to get Mr.Etheridge started on child laws of any kind. Is that the eleven-month-old you told us all gets her hand slapped?

Actually child labor laws don't apply. At least not in the US because the nation was originally founded by mostly farmers and small business owners with "Family Businesses". Because of this child labor laws do not apply to "under age" family members working in the family owned and run business. So if it was someone elses child then yes there would be an issue but there is not since it's his. As child labor laws were originally made to prevent children from having to working in factories under terrible conditions.

I really enjoyed this season, Stinky and Marty are hilarious, did your new animator come straight from college(She's a cutie by the way)?

Oh man! ever since i seen this show... i always thought how a live action movie of AL would work...I volunteer to do it if i get enough feedback...

Thanks for the insight, great to meet you guys, Apocalypse Lane is my favourite show, thanks, oh and ah cheers from Darwin (aussie-land)

Great & very funny show. I hope you guys keep making it for a long time. I especially like how the series wrapped back onto episode one with Big Pete. Anyways, normally behind-the-scenes stuff bores me like crazy but this was very entertaining and oddly informative.

Oh yeah & I also admire your bravery with the Mickey spoof. I am shocked rabid mousketeer lawyers haven't gone after you yet. Hope they never do.

I just love this show, been lovinī it since beginning

if you guys keep it up, im sure you guys will get really far with apocalypse lane.

when season 2 is supposed to arrive, btw?

Evil Rob:
Great & very funny show. I hope you guys keep making it for a long time. I especially like how the series wrapped back onto episode one with Big Pete. Anyways, normally behind-the-scenes stuff bores me like crazy but this was very entertaining and oddly informative.

Oh yeah & I also admire your bravery with the Mickey spoof. I am shocked rabid mousketeer lawyers haven't gone after you yet. Hope they never do.

It actually falls under parody law as well as fair use and is completely legal. As long as we use original drawings and never say the words "Disney" "Mickey Mouse" or "Goofy" then we can get away with it.

Demonox:

if you guys keep it up, im sure you guys will get really far with apocalypse lane.

Season 2 will start on December 24. :)

I love this show, I just started watching it yesterday. It seems like something you'd find on adult-swim. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Jon Etheridge:

It's a decent living and I do some side animation and graphics work as well for TV and Films. I won't be retiring anytime soon but I thoroughly enjoy what I do. :)

Films and TV? Which ones? The behind the scenes was great. I'm upset that I didn't start watching this show sooner because it's now one of my favorites.

Did you see that baby?
She is a animating machine!
You guys are crazy diamonds man, shine on!

person427:

Jon Etheridge:

It's a decent living and I do some side animation and graphics work as well for TV and Films. I won't be retiring anytime soon but I thoroughly enjoy what I do. :)

Films and TV? Which ones? The behind the scenes was great. I'm upset that I didn't start watching this show sooner because it's now one of my favorites.

The one's you've never heard of. Mostly local commercials and indie features... for now.

I'm glad you started watching the show. :)

Jon Etheridge:

Demonox:

Season 2 will start on December 24. :)

Hoooray! \o/

:)

So what program do you guys do the lip syncing in then? It seems like it would be asking for a hell of a lot of trouble to try and do it in After Effects. At least, that's what my bit of experience suggests.

Izzil:
So what program do you guys do the lip syncing in then? It seems like it would be asking for a hell of a lot of trouble to try and do it in After Effects. At least, that's what my bit of experience suggests.

Yep we use after effects for everything. LOL

It's not too bad. I figured out a way to keep it all one layer and all I have to do is press a key for each syllable. Do you do animations? What program do you lip sync in?

I think that stinky may be so "effect" of the radiation, like before the bombs hit Hickey was probly playin with a sock puppet and the radiation caused stinky to fuse to his arm and come alive

great to see what the process is to how you guys make a episode, Apocalypse lane's first season was very funny it reminds me of south park a bit since how they get around is to jump like they do on south park can't wait for the next season.

Holy shit! I cant believe you guys are doing pretty much all the voices :O My jaw dropped when i saw the part when you are recording. . . .
I totally love your show. Just finished watching all eps. Cant wait for season 2.

Just keep up the good work.!
AND DONT YOU EVER GO SCREWING CUDDLES!
His your best character :D His what Richard is to Looking For Group for you guys.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here