The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 2 101: Zerg

Pages PREV 1 2 3

And now for a bit of bragging.

In my high school Cisco class, we would often set up a small network of about 20 computers so we could play games. Eventually, everyone put down the Counter Strike and picked up Starcraft. Now, at that point I had been playing Starcraft for a good five or six years. Everyone else was just picking it up. I started off playing Protoss, as I am wont to do, and had about six Zealots and three photon cannons roughly five minutes in. Everyone else was playing Terran, and sent in one or two marines each, resulting in about 8-10 marines. They said I wasn't allowed to play after that.

MurderousToaster:
SC2 really can't be released fast enough. I'm currently investing time in playing the first Starcraft so I can, well, not suck.

I had some hands on time with SC2 myself, since a friend has a beta key (yeah, he doesn't go outside much anymore). There are some small but significant tweaks in the mechanics that make it a substantially different game. Most importantly is the micro'ing: you won't need as much microing for mundane activities (for instance, no need to practice your 'split' - workers automatically look for a free batch of minerals) but on the other hand almost every unit has a special ability. Most importantly: all of the hotkeys have been reconfigured so they can be reached by holding your left hand in the same position. Just a headsup ;)

I think you left out a unit or two there.

Dectilon:

We are not trying to document each new unit and every change to existing ones with these videos. They are meant to give an broader overall feel for the race.

Slycne:

Dectilon:

We are not trying to document each new unit and every change to existing ones with these videos. They are meant to give an broader overall feel for the race.

I'd say infestors are important for that :( The ability to mind control units is a classic alien monster-trait after all. Not to mention that they spit infested terrans!

you know escapist should have a day where everyone goes on battle net and plays starcraft 1...

this must be how it felt to refere to the great war as WORLD WAR I like it wasn't as awesome.

Honestly, anyone who gets owned by a roach rush is retarded.

Seriously though, this makes me more wanting. I love Zerg but Terran has a place in my heart.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here