Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

That was an awesome prank!

I really thought you guys were gonna do FFXIII.

Touche Unskippable. Touche.

WOW..... ummmm i feel like i just got cheated out of a deal....

Oh well.. it was still funny

Maybe i will celabrate April fools all week ;)

Nincompoop:
Oh what a dreadful trick! Thou shalt not be rewarded with any kudos!
Didn't get the "mode" thingies...

Put simply, Mode 7 is what SNES games used to make textures actually rotate and scale (become larger/smaller). Given that this was the SNES, it was a lot more impressive back then than it is now.

Willeus:
Hahaha, I wasn't expecting them to keep going along with FFIII, the whole time I was waiting for it to cut to XIII. Loved it.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing the whole time, too. I'm kind of hoping they still do Final Fantasy XIII for real in the future, but this one was pretty good.

Jolly good show.

I can appreciate a good April Fool's joke, even if it is a bit early.

That being said there best be some FXIII action next week all up in here.

BEST. BAIT-AND-SWITCH. EVER.

Seriously. Who needs XIII to rip on when you've got the classic-ness of FFVI?

EDIT: Also, cheers for the ActRaiser joke, that's one of my favorite games.

DOUBLE EDIT: Those who didn't immediately recognize from the clouds what was happening make me sad.

I thought I'd heard the XIII story before. Heheh.

Asturiel:
You tricksy tricksy bastards, good episode.

Just so you know I was!! A veteran of the War of the Magically Delicious Marshmallow Beasts or WMDMB. They were holding weapons of mass disintegration in marsh bushes. Dark dark times, the things I saw, the things I saw...

At least you didn't go through honey dew road man! I lost all my gumdrops that day....oh and my platoon, but the gum drops.

War.....war is never sugar free.

Awww, thanks Graham and Paul, that really took me back. Must search for FF3 now

Thoughts;

Tt's 6...

Magitek Armour is Magic powered. =P

Hey guys I found the Industrial Revolution in my closet... This is the best line ever. XD

Awesome. Who just laughed his ass off and has two thumbs up? ROB-VAN-THISGUY.

Funny, I just re-purchased this game today. Second best after seven, opinion as always.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it already, but the mechs are Magicite-powered.

Also, shout-out for the Ted Woolsey era of localization!

Bwahaha! Genius!

Makes me want to play Final Fantasy VI though, and I don't have a copy, which makes me sad. Maybe I'll start a new game of FF IV on my DS.

Okay, that one got me XP

Nice turncoat guys...

Ah ha! You crafty bastards! Good show!

Um... I just thought of something, if those are steam powered mechs, wouldn't their full source freeze considering it was like winter?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Seriously, though. FFXIII = pile of rhino leavings. And it's on fire. And it's sitting in your living room, taunting you for buying it.

shame that that was FFVI... silly north americans and their false translations.

Thanks for the ploy, FF3/6 was my favorite of them all.

And I was relly psyched when I read the title too...
Oh well, great episode, I loved FFVI, one of the best in the series.

GodKlown:
I guess I was one of the few who recognized the opening sequence before you guys said anything.

right, cause no one knows what final fantasy vi is...

Ha, awesome! Classic one, guys. Several thumbs-up's.

well played, and since this is about making fun of really really shitty cut scenes that means that XIII has good ones, or they just wanted to mess with us and since I just bought XIII today I hope it's the former, if only to slightly justify the fact that the guy at Gamestop somehow managed to get me to buy the strategy guide (I was half way home when I realized that crafty bastard actually sold it to me)

oh your crafty crafty men ... great episode!

......................hmph....good job guys but hmph...

I've been had! Damn you!

beautifully done lads :]

darn, i got fooled... i hate you now. T_T good prank...

I found the comment about vapo-rub highly amusing for some reason.

This made me so incredibly happy inside, thank you LRR guys.

Dr.Boo:
I'm happier seeing a video about Final Fantasy 3/6 than I would have been if it were actually Final Fantasy 13.

I agree, I haven't followed FF in many years but this made me smile.

Grabnaur:
At least you didn't go through honey dew road man! I lost all my gumdrops that day....oh and my platoon, but the gum drops.

War.....war is never sugar free.

Well there was the sugar free war, but the sugar was defeated and that's the reason we have slaves!

Although that was funny, technically that was FFVI, so it took the beggining humor out of it I guess

Very nice April Fool prank. Very nice.

It was FF III in America, and the original FF III did not come out in America. I doubt it had a long cut chine in the beginning.

That was a awesome April fool (albeit a little early).

Daze:

Nincompoop:
Oh what a dreadful trick! Thou shalt not be rewarded with any kudos!
Didn't get the "mode" thingies...

Put simply, Mode 7 is what SNES games used to make textures actually rotate and scale (become larger/smaller). Given that this was the SNES, it was a lot more impressive back then than it is now.

Nice. Thanks for the clarification =). I guess I need to re-watch the episode to understand it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here