The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 101: Showdown

Pages PREV 1 2 3

What have we learned today?

Shiney things do terrible, terrible damage.

Horticulture:
What league are each of you in on b.net? HDStarcraft and most of the other youtuube casters are Platinum, so it's hard to get a sense of where other skill levels fall.

They recently reset the rankings so most of us our settling back in the ladder, but I believe Funk and I are Bronze and Tito and Jordan are Copper.

A few people have asked for ids, feel free to add Slycne.slycne and just send me a message when I am on if you want to play a match or two.

Slycne:

Horticulture:
What league are each of you in on b.net? HDStarcraft and most of the other youtuube casters are Platinum, so it's hard to get a sense of where other skill levels fall.

They recently reset the rankings so most of us our settling back in the ladder, but I believe Funk and I are Bronze and Tito and Jordan are Copper.

A few people have asked for ids, feel free to add Slycne.slycne and just send me a message when I am on if you want to play a match or two.

It's equal parts reassuring and terrifying to know that battle.net didn't lose the brutal player skill curve in its newest incarnation :D

Sadly, I don't have beta access atm, but I'll look you up if I get in.

Slycne:

Horticulture:

Bah! Tried adding you, but you seem to be on a different "Realm" than me. Its annoying that you cannot choose or even see what realm you belong to.

My ID Is Axzarious.axzarious by the way.

Melancholy_Ocelot:
I'll be honest, this was pretty interesting to watch. I've been getting back into the RTS genera with Red Alert 2 lately (never got into Starcraft).

I wouldn't mind seeing more videos like this.

This. I really liked watching this. Obviously the Battle Reports are more 'informative' about what's going on and all, but I didn't mind watching some people play who for once didn't clock around 500 actions per minute. It was easier to relate to.

Nice job =)

Quick tip of advice guys. When you start a replay the speed starts on "fast". However "faster" is the actual speed the game naturally moves at. So what we watched was essentially in slower motion.

ssgt splatter:
I can't wait to play this game. I just can't play with other people, I suck at playing MP with this game. I can only play SP or against a computer AND using the cheats

I remember the computer players in SC1, they were brutal!!! I only ever had a chance at beating them on island maps where I heavily fortified my base and waited for them to empty the world's resources trying to break through :P. Attack was never an option (except on their expansions).

It would be interesting to see more stuff like this on the Escapist. I liked it.

Calatar:

Currently my two favorite casters are HDStarcraft and HuskyStarcraft

Yup I've been watching casts by them too. I still think Day9's are the best, but there is definitely a lot of quality casting out there.

Just finished my qualifying matches (Bronze league!). This was great to watch and I hope to see you guys around!

deth2munkies:
Can I get your identifiers please? I need more medium-skill leveled players to play with, I just get dominated on the ladder unless I cheese rush <_<

warboss5:
You guys should post your SC2 names we we, the people, can have a go at ya :D

I'm CFTFunk.jaynez - I'm in Gold, but I really, REALLY don't belong there.

Slycne:
Starcraft 101: Showdown

Team Escapist throws down against Team Escapist in a 2v2 Starcraft 2 match. The teams are Justin Clouse and Greg Tito vs. John Funk and Jordan Deam.

Watch Video

I love these, i actually lern something with the commentary and "average level of skill" =)

How many more do you plan on realising?

Slycne:

John Funk:

Is it cool with you if I add your accounts to the beta group list?

Horticulture:

Slycne:

John Funk:

Is it cool with you if I add your accounts to the beta group list?

Sure.

blarg363:

Slycne:
Starcraft 101: Showdown

Team Escapist throws down against Team Escapist in a 2v2 Starcraft 2 match. The teams are Justin Clouse and Greg Tito vs. John Funk and Jordan Deam.

Watch Video

I love these, i actually lern something with the commentary and "average level of skill" =)

How many more do you plan on realising?

We have one more Stacraft 2 beta video tentatively planned, but if the demand is there we could do more.

just like to note, when the "baby blue" terrans attacked the protoss (i forgot who was who :P) he should have deploy the siege tanks, that way at least a few more protoss would have gone down. other than that i feel that i can relate to this since it isnt like all the uber rushes that happen online :)

NOw that starcraft II is out I am educating my friend who is new to the series with these videos, after watching this one he said "I'm goin protoss, cuz I want to go war of the worlds!!!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here