Unskippable: Resonance of Fate

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Mr Companion:

sougo13:

Mr Companion:
So, wait WHAT?
I mean I don't really care about what happens to them, but how the fuck did they plummet to their deaths and then turn up alive two years and seve- oh whatever I really don't want to know.

You're new to this genre aren't you?

Sure am, but I cant help but feel that if I knew what was going on I would actually be more confused.

Yeah it's a common thing. I mean i love jrpg to bits but some times you just have to ignore any common sense you have - or in this case throw it out of a 300ft clock.

To make it any better, you spent most of your time in this game not knowing what the hell is going on anyway.

awesome, simply awesome

I think the voice acting gave me AIDS

ssgt splatter:
Why don't I ever understand what's going on in these games?

Normally i'd agree with you. i never understood the whole unskippable series but i thought this one was decent and made some sense.

Jas0913:

ssgt splatter:

Normally i'd agree with you. i never understood the whole unskippable series but i thought this one was decent and made some sense.

No, no, no, it's the JRPGs not the series itself.

Was the voice actor of the guy who tried to save the girl also the one who played Robin in Teen Titans? He sounded familiar.
The cut scene actually intrigued me. I might have to give this one a shot somewhere down the line.

I have to agree with those of you who have mentioned it...

It IS a little disappointing that so many are dismissing Resonance simply because of the opening scene. If you judged most games just on understandable the opening scene is, you'd come across quite a few that you'd probably put back on the shelf.

Don't judge a book by it's cover sorta deal. :/ It really is a better game than the opening makes it out to be. xD

We do not know the exact events that happened during the black screen, so we will say that they begin falling at 2:06. It is reasonable to assume terminal velocity is reached in 15 seconds, and that one will fall 400 metres in that time. However, due to their extra drag from his jacket and her dress, we will assume they reach terminal velocity in 19 seconds, at 2:25. It takes 85 seconds to watch them at the end of their falling. Our charity to this video's realism will continue by multiplying 85 seconds by terminal velocity. We will then let terminal velocity be 50 m/s.
50 m/s times 85 s is 4250 m.
4250 m is 13943.4 ft
400 m is 1312.32 ft
(http://www.simetric.co.uk/metres_to_feet.php)
13943 + 1312=15255
So we could say the tower is 15500 feet high, as she wasn't at the top.
People could barely breath at such an altitude, and the change in pressure from falling would cause many problems of it's own. They wouldn't be just chilling like that. But to anyone who wants to make a 16000 foot tower, good luck. Just remember to have oxygen masks at that altitude. And this is assuming that the ground is ocean level.

Jas0913:

ssgt splatter:

Unskippable is commentary on the cut-scenes of interactive entertainment. Interactive entertainment is also known as video games (I just vomited in my throat a little).

And that was the fifth time I died.

Dude, I don't care how ridiculous anyone says that cut-scene is, I love it. It is my heroin.

/seriously wants to buy this game now

TheJim:

I eat bad voice acting for breakfast. That is, I love it, not that I can kill it..

Shut up..

Funnily I find that I could forgive everything else in this cutscene, but not that they are able to have a conversation while falling at terminal velocity. It's like it kept pushing all my buttons until it finally found the one that breaks my willing suspension of disbelief.
Do Japanese writers/directors do that one purpose or something?

But anyway:
"One year and several months later..."
"They are still falling"

Hilarious.

...Okay, that was awesome. I have to get this game at first price drop and after I beat FINAL FANTASY XIII and possibly a few other RPGs.

HILARIOUS commentary. My favorite Unskippable so far.

But anyway, DAMN IT THE GIRLS IN THAT GAME ARE TOO FREAKIN' ADORABLE!! >_<'

And the main character is voiced by Lloyd Irving's VA. :P

I have no idea what's going on in this game. At all. Time to Youtube it, I guess. lol

sougo13:

ssgt splatter:

To be fair, I'm 20 hrs in this game and I still don't know what going on.

Oh and funny espisode as usual guys.

is it any good? and to define what I mean by good: is it entertaining?

OT: great video. my favorite line was probably "we need mythbusters to find out how broken his arm is" or
"oh look someone's on the suicide bridge"

Chancie:

It IS a little disappointing that so many are dismissing Resonance simply because of the opening scene. If you judged most games just on understandable the opening scene is, you'd come across quite a few that you'd probably put back on the shelf.

Don't judge a book by it's cover sorta deal. :/ It really is a better game than the opening makes it out to be. xD

That opening scene actually makes me want to try the game. The scenery is phenomenal, bizarre foot-wide railing-less bridges aside.

I'm still a little hazy on how you can fall six billion miles and not die, though. "For the last time, we did not order a giant trampoline!" (Bonus point to the first one to get that.)

Regiment:

Chancie:

That opening scene actually makes me want to try the game. The scenery is phenomenal, bizarre foot-wide railing-less bridges aside.

I'm still a little hazy on how you can fall six billion miles and not die, though. "For the last time, we did not order a giant trampoline!" (Bonus point to the first one to get that.)

Is that from The Emperor's New Groove? Maybe?

Anyways, yeah, I don't get it either and I'm actually playing the game. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through, but still. xD No idea how they lived.

Chancie:

Regiment:

Chancie:

Don't judge a book by its cover sorta deal.

"For the last time, we did not order a giant trampoline!"

Anyways, yeah, I don't get it either and I'm actually playing the game. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through, but still. xD No idea how they lived.

And a bonus point to you.

Wait, they never explain it? Is that a plot point, like they're immortal or already dead or something, or is it just a cool cutscene with no bearing on reality?

Regiment:

Chancie:

Regiment:

Chancie:

Don't judge a book by its cover sorta deal.

"For the last time, we did not order a giant trampoline!"

And a bonus point to you.

Wait, they never explain it? Is that a plot point, like they're immortal or already dead or something, or is it just a cool cutscene with no bearing on reality?

Well, they probably will later (or, I hope) but they haven't where I am yet. It seems like a pretty big thing to go unexplained. xD

clzark:

sougo13:

ssgt splatter:

To be fair, I'm 20 hrs in this game and I still don't know what going on.

Oh and funny espisode as usual guys.

is it any good? and to define what I mean by good: is it entertaining?

OT: great video. my favorite line was probably "we need mythbusters to find out how broken his arm is" or
"oh look someone's on the suicide bridge"

Depends on what you want to be entertain by. If you want a good story, then like I said, you're going to be looking for A story for a long time (though some character interaction can be funny). If you prefer spectacle fighting where characters can perform inhuman flips in the air while decorating your enemies with bullet holes then the battle system may be your thing.

However, I must warn you that the battle system is not very user friendly- prepare to spend sometime on the tutorial (it took me 1 hour to get the hang of it). The battles themselves can be unforgiving, one screw up and it's pretty much game over. It's also way more strategy than action and given how much grind there is in the game, you're likely to get bored of it very quickly.

Maybe that just me cause I have heard that some people really enjoy the game but I'm extremely disappointed by this game after having so much hype for it.

Did no-one else sense a slight rip off of FF9? XD Maybe I really am the only one who's played that game, haha.

Also, werid Peter-pan like flying. I'm actually curious to see how they did survive!

Also, music by Motoi Sakuraba? :3

"it's ok, I have two pheonix downs"
"but this isn't final fantasy!"
"Wha-" *crunch*

I feel like I need to play this game just to find out what is going on. Unless I would be wasting my time like with Fallout 3. Anyone played this game, wanna clue me in?

I was taking a drink when they said: "Made a whole new world a lot shorter song."

I almost did a spit take all over my computer screen.

Oh god... the mental image. So hilarious!

TheJim:

It gets much better afterward. The script is what sucks balls.

I personally really like this game and I really don't like JRPGS in general. I'm 36 hours in, and I'm still not finished yet. Then again, I keep doing side-missions. And we all know how that fucks with playtime.

And to anyone curious as to why she tried to jump off, I can't say much without spoiling. Sorry fellas.

OT: Hilarious video, per usual. Alladin joke made me choke on my apple that I'm chomping on. Loved it!

ziggy161:
Did no-one else sense a slight rip off of FF9? XD Maybe I really am the only one who's played that game, haha.

Also, werid Peter-pan like flying. I'm actually curious to see how they did survive!

Also, music by Motoi Sakuraba? :3

Yeah, when that guy was walking in the street, the camera angle and decorations made me remember Vivi in Alexandria during the festival. Also the rope aerobics kind of remind me of FF9.

Well, just to point out, am I the only one that saw the Iron Maiden (although not really) reference in that?
Come on, look over it one more time :D

thethingthatlurks:
How...how the hell did they survive that? Why did they fall through clouds after they were past they city. What the hell is going on there?
I mean just going by the intro, the bloody game makes no sense whatsoever. It's like trying to reason with a fish...

Hilarious, of course, but I still have no idea what happened.

To be fair even outside of anime-land it is possible to survive a fall from terminal velocity if you land right and hit something soft enough to break your fall without killing you. It would still hurt like a bitch though.

That said why is she happy to be alive after jumping to her death?

A Pious Cultist:
That said why is she happy to be alive after jumping to her death?

Well, it's plausible that some people change their minds after jumping to their deaths. Rather sad, when you think about it. However, I'm not sure what convinced her she was safe and sound now that she's falling while holding the hand of someone else who is also falling. I'm 10 Chapters into the game and I still haven't found out how they survived. I have little faith that that's ever going to be explained, though, so there's no sense in letting it bother me. It's kinda silly, but so is a lot of the game. Part of its charm, for some.

Haha, I cracked up at the "I'm alive!" "What?" "Cause it sounded like whuhhhhhch." This was great but for some reason this was my favorite line :D

EEEEW Eng Dub xD

But now I want to find out what the heck happened ><, well everything probably went according to plan as there were several other couples off screen doing the same thing. Hilarious thought, especially about grabbing the 'wrong carpet' for Alladin and Jasmine.

Wouldn't it suck if it was foggy out-
What a disappointing fall that would be
lol

That cutscene was just so unrealistic that it was hilarious to watch. The soundtrack was impressive, though.

You're smiling...

that's because I'm looking up your skirt - and you're going to break my fall.

Okay that one line had me laughing quite hard. Awesome!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here