Monster Hunter Tri

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 24 NEXT

It Gets Better Later is my big complaint with Bad Company 2's multiplayer (which according to fans is the ONLY part of the game). You start out with no perks, gadgets, or guns whatsoever, meaning all the classes are just one mediocre gun and one pistol. You have to earn every single last thing, usually by killing players with twice the equipment you have. I don't want to have to wait before I start using guns that are fun, dude. At least Modern Warfare 2 gave me some of the straightforward-awesome perks before unlocking me some situational ones. (And the "pro" versions give a side-upgrade, rather than just "The same but BETTER")

mike1921:
Alright, yahtzee said "you can buy a version of the game with a classic controller" and wikipedia agrees with him. But I can't find that version anywhere and I'm not paying $20 for a controller I'd only use on a rental.

It's only the old school MH players who really say the game is unplayable with a Wiimote. While I am getting a Classic Controller Pro in the near future, I've played through the whole offline game and a fair bit into online without one. The only issue is the Wiimote is clunky for certain weapons. Namely I find it unwieldy to use for the switch-axe or lance. Otherwise I have no issues with it (though I highly recommend turning off the waggle draw/attack in options).

Quaidis:

There is also an 'arena' mode which sounds exactly like what you want. You are given a small amount of items and allowed to choose a weapon and armor, then are sent straight away at a 'boss' monster like in gladiatorial combat.

Lastly, there is multiplayer, which lets you either pick some friends or throws you with a club of random people and you go out to slaughter something much bigger and uglier than you would see in single player.

Oh, really? Thanks for the clarification! (I realise other people have probably said much the same in this thread, but I did't feel like scrolling through ten pages of complaints to find it.) Arena mode does sound like it might satiate my interest. (As long as it doesn't force me to unlock monsters by playing through the main campaign first.) I'll give 'er a rent sometime. If it holds up, I have some friends who'd be all over this for multiplayer. It wouldn't be the first time I liked a game Yahtzee didn't, but who cares?

Congratulations yahtzee! You have just beaten the easiest boss in the entire game and given up. You are now fully a casual

Azagthoth666:
Following my previous post I think people take Yahtzee too seriously. If you truly based buying a game or not on his reviews you should only ever play Psychonauts and nothing else. His reviews (except for Psychonauts) are always to point out the holes in a game that make up its bad part. In this review, he just didnt have any really true information. I suppose i dont see his point of view having played previous MH titles but to someone who knows the game most of his complaints (presented in a rather bitchy form) are nonexistant.

Nobody here is arguing with you. The only problem MH fans had with it, aside from a couple idiots, was the fact he was dishonest about not playing the game all the way through. I've even explicitly stated I'd be fine if Yahtzee had bashed the game and said that he quit because he hated it, but instead he only announced that when he wrote in his column, not in the video.

Dora:

Quaidis:

There is also an 'arena' mode which sounds exactly like what you want. You are given a small amount of items and allowed to choose a weapon and armor, then are sent straight away at a 'boss' monster like in gladiatorial combat.

Lastly, there is multiplayer, which lets you either pick some friends or throws you with a club of random people and you go out to slaughter something much bigger and uglier than you would see in single player.

Oh, really? Thanks for the clarification! (I realise other people have probably said much the same in this thread, but I did't feel like scrolling through ten pages of complaints to find it.) Arena mode does sound like it might satiate my interest. (As long as it doesn't force me to unlock monsters by playing through the main campaign first.) I'll give 'er a rent sometime. If it holds up, I have some friends who'd be all over this for multiplayer. It wouldn't be the first time I liked a game Yahtzee didn't, but who cares?

Well, you have to play through the campaign to unlock monsters for the arena, which is stupid, *but*, if you play online, there's no storyline and 90% of the missions are just killing shit.

I would advise you read a guide on how the connection works online, because it's a bit odd, but basically, the guy who sees the main boss first is the "host" and only the players and the main boss are shared; the minion monsters are all client side.

Dora:

Quaidis:

I don't usually read through all the pages, either. I came across your post as a fluke =D

I know that in the beginning you can only fight the first three big baddies on arena mode. I haven't defeated them yet to know if that, alone, unlocks the others. I keep getting my ass handed to me on arena mode. Hard does not begin to describe it. Multiplayer is something else; it rocks.

shadowmarth:

DeathWyrmNexus:

Actually, what you've just described sounds like your basic limited ammo game design element. Your gun essentially had a limited amount of ammo, and you had to choose how to ration it. That makes a little bit more sense. What Yahtzee is referring to (I think) is more a degradation system for melee weapons like swords and axes and the like. That just sucks ass, because you're expected to keep using the weapon repeatedly, but you have to stop and repair it.

It sucks less if it takes a while to actually degrade, because you can basically use it for the whole mission and then repair it when you get back to town between missions. But it's still retarded, because now it's basically just a little checkbox on your "list of shit to do whenever I'm in town". It doesn't add anything to the gameplay; it's just annoying. Just get rid of it. It's not fun. At all. Yeah, it's less realistic, but you know what? Fuck realism. Reality sucks and we need less of it in video games, especially bloody fantasy ones with giant fucking monsters.

Except that sharpness resets after missions and you never have to "repair" in town. The sharpness system was also originally introduced as a balancing mechanism between the weapons, such that some would require more, others less, and that was just a consideration when you selected your weapon. In most fights you'll maybe need to sharpen twice if you have a weapon with half-decent sharpness. And given that the monsters will change areas every once in a while, you can usually just do it then. It takes 5 seconds, and then you're back to chasing the monster.

I wish people would play the game before commenting lol :) The sharpness factor in this game is not a detriment at all. It's very simple, and not a hassle.

1) You use a weapon, after 10 mins of slashing away it will "degrade" where it is still useful, but can now bounce.
2) You press a button and you use a whetstone. It takes 3 seconds.
3) Slash away for another 10 mins!

shadowmarth:

mike1921:
Alright, yahtzee said "you can buy a version of the game with a classic controller" and wikipedia agrees with him. But I can't find that version anywhere and I'm not paying $20 for a controller I'd only use on a rental.

If you have a Wii you should get one anyway. They're quite nice.

I own a wii but don't use it even semi-often. If I did I'd definitely get that controller.

if you really want one, you'll have to look around a bit...

....yay

^^Just wanted to add above. The "game" is online. This is an online game. The online is lag free, and FUN. It's a blast fighting with 4 friends and slaying big beasts.

Grandleon:

mike1921:

It's only the old school MH players who really say the game is unplayable with a Wiimote. While I am getting a Classic Controller Pro in the near future, I've played through the whole offline game and a fair bit into online without one. The only issue is the Wiimote is clunky for certain weapons. Namely I find it unwieldy to use for the switch-axe or lance. Otherwise I have no issues with it (though I highly recommend turning off the waggle draw/attack in options).

Almost every game is unplayable with a wii mote to me. The only exceptions are No more heroes 1 and super mario galaxy. Unless turning off the waggle draw/attack makes it so I only have to use the buttons , it'll be unplayable to me.

chakra22:
Congratulations yahtzee! You have just beaten the easiest boss in the entire game and given up. You are now fully a casual

Don't lie to him. Great Jaggi is an oversized minion, not a boss. They fall over in less than 2 minutes as long as you aren't trying to attack them with a steak knife.

chakra22:

Congratulations retarded ape! You've swung and missed the entire synopsis of why he did so! You are now fully an ass-hat!

mike1921:
Almost every game is unplayable with a wii mote to me. The only exceptions are No more heroes 1 and super mario galaxy. Unless turning off the waggle draw/attack makes it so I only have to use the buttons , it'll be unplayable to me.

Well with that more restricted criteria, you could still use a Hammer or Bowgun (though Bowguns aren't recommended for solo play as they're more of a support weapon). With Hammers you're either using the triple-pound (neutral position A combo) or one of the R(Z) button charge attacks. Long swords you can also get away without using any of the positional moves if you're solo, but you don't get those until more than halfway through the game. Great swords require your being able to use the various positional attacks, but are slow enough that you have plenty of time to shift the Wiimote well in advance.

Grandleon:

mike1921:

Well with that more restricted criteria, you could still use a Hammer or Bowgun (though Bowguns aren't recommended for solo play as they're more of a support weapon). With Hammers you're either using the triple-pound (neutral position A combo) or one of the R(Z) button charge attacks. Long swords you can also get away without using any of the positional moves if you're solo, but you don't get those until more than halfway through the game. Great swords require your being able to use the various positional attacks, but are slow enough that you have plenty of time to shift the Wiimote well in advance.

Wait, what? Great Sword is only draw attack, and charged up draw attack (at least online) so it shouldn't need the Wii Mote waggle at all.

It's so amusing to read all these butthurt fanboy responses to Yahtzee.

He's absolutely right. Fuck playing a game for 10 hours so it gets better. And I don't care how many of you say it only takes 2 hours. Lets take FFXIII for example, it apparantely gets better after 20 hours. Nope. It was good for the first couple of hours I played it, introducing everything and whatnot, then it all goes downhill. After that 20 threshold it still sucks massive monkey wang. That's why it's being called the weakest in the series since X-2.

"You have one second to name a game in which weapon degradation was a good idea."
He reminded me of that.

Adzma:
It's so amusing to read all these butthurt fanboy responses to Yahtzee.

He's absolutely right. Fuck playing a game for 10 hours so it gets better. And I don't care how many of you say it only takes 2 hours. Lets take FFXIII for example, it apparantely gets better after 20 hours. Nope. It was good for the first couple of hours I played it, introducing everything and whatnot, then it all goes downhill. After that 20 threshold it still sucks massive monkey wang. That's why it's being called the weakest in the series since X-2.

Uh... what. But he's wrong. Without qualification, he is 100% wrong. There is no way you could stretch out the first bit of the game to 10 hours without spending 8 of them in Free Roam, which is both optional, and unending.

cynicalsaint1:
I'd like to take a moment to point out that a lot of us have no problem with negative review, but the rather poor quality of the review in general. Honestly I really wonder why he bothered with this review in the first place, I could have told you well in advance that he was going to end up hating it - if you've listened to any of his other reviews it isn't hard to get a feel for what he likes and doesn't like in games, and MH3 is chock full of things he tends to not like. Really its like asking a dude who's only into action movies to give his opinion on 2001: A Space Odyssey.

This, right here, is what's gone wrong with the videogame journalism industry. "If you don't like it, don't review it." Basically the expectation from fans that a review should mirror their own opinion of a game. It's a review, for christ's sake, it's a subjective personal opinion, and an opinion that hates a game because of all the tropes it uses is no less valid than one that just drenches it in a tongue-bath of praise. It takes all kinds to make a world, and it's just as important to tell people why they might not like a game.

While the initial review did leave me feeling that he didn't give the game a fair shot, and that he focused on things that some people like. (No, really some people like the base simplicity of this game and the big nasties are pretty impressive) This did make much sense. I wasn't one of the complainers about the article but if you give a rats ass I apologize on behalf of them.

I made it through more than he did, and I probably would have actually completed the game if it weren't for the stupid Weapon Degradation system, and the fact that EVERY time you beat one of the games obscenely difficult bosses, it then became one of the regularly random spawned mobs in the game. I loved the game's style but I needed to see a bit more reward for my effort.

Also I thought making the first boss of the game a "BIGGER" version of the most commonly fought creature in the game to that point, a complete idiot move.

Snipingkid:
"You have one second to name a game in which weapon degradation was a good idea."
He reminded me of that.

While I agree with him on many things, it is on this point that I think he's full of it. System Shock 2 would not have been as scary if you didn't have to worry about weapon degradation as well.

milskidasith:

Wait, what? Great Sword is only draw attack, and charged up draw attack (at least online) so it shouldn't need the Wii Mote waggle at all.

The charge attack IS a positional attack on the Wiimote, and if that's the ONLY attacks you're using, you're wasting the weapon's full range. If it's safe to do so, you should be comboing in another attack after the charge attack, and two of those options are positional attacks. You'll end up with better damage than merely retreating to reposition for another charge attack. Don't be mistaking guidelines for new players in not pissing off group members for how it should be played by people who have experience and spatial awareness.

"Unless at that magic ten hour mark the game goes "Ha ha, just kidding, here's a completely different game" and magically transmutes the disk into Shadow of the Colossus or something, I don't see how it could significantly improve."

Actually...thats how it felt for me when I started playing.
I see what the problem is. You have to work hard to be able to fight those big boss monster. You have to work on your field, prepare traps and potions, gather items to build these traps or bombs you may need.
Its more like a prehistoric real life simulation + fantasy elements.

But... its sooo rewarding to kill a frickin huge monster, with a BFS thats just a small knife compared to your enemy ;)

I just registered here to say:

Are you serious? 10 fucking hours? Geez, you suck at playing. That or you were putting too much thought into changing your equipment.

Other than that: Yeah, MH have all slow starts. What can I say? You love it or you hate it.

The Hungry Samurai:
While the initial review did leave me feeling that he didn't give the game a fair shot, and that he focused on things that some people like. (No, really some people like the base simplicity of this game and the big nasties are pretty impressive) This did make much sense. I wasn't one of the complainers about the article but if you give a rats ass I apologize on behalf of them.

I made it through more than he did, and I probably would have actually completed the game if it weren't for the stupid Weapon Degradation system, and the fact that EVERY time you beat one of the games obscenely difficult bosses, it then became one of the regularly random spawned mobs in the game. I loved the game's style but I needed to see a bit more reward for my effort.

Also I thought making the first boss of the game a "BIGGER" version of the most commonly fought creature in the game to that point, a complete idiot move.

Why do people think Great Jaggi is a boss? Is it because it is called 'Great' Jaggi? It is not a boss, but just a simple minion, Barroth is a boss, Qurupeco is a boss, Royal Luduroth is kinda a boss, and so on. Great Jaggi is nothing more than a minion.

Edit: Here's a size comparison link to kinda give you an idea of how big the monsters get its not tri mind you, but still.
Edit2: forgot I don't know how to use html here's the link http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090513071155/monsterhunter/images/2/20/MonsterSize2.jpg

I think that the problem is that Yahtzee is playing these games like a pirate. There was an article a while back about how the author had once become so used to pirating software that he never actually bought a game for himself and instead just skimmed over games without treating them like proper games. Mr. Croshaw gets these games for free so that he can review them, so he doesn't respect them (although that sounds like a slightly strong word for the situation) as if he bought them. This is how he can play less than 10 hours in an RPG and still feel like he hasn't wasted anything on it that he should make it earn back.

Where are all these butthurt Monster Hunter fans everybody keeps going on about? I see more people insulting them and calling all fans of the game sheep than I see actual MH fans, let alone unreasonable ones (most all of them, myself included, are annoyed more at the fact Yahtzee didn't even point out he quit in the review and, obviously, that he didn't have much material actually based on the game [half of it was wii/japan bashing and cutscene bashing])

alright, when he said a "ten hour tutorial" he was obviously exaggerating, i guess some of you are too dumb to realise that.
the tutorial took me like 3 hours at best
but maybe theres a pretty long tutorial because they dont want you going in the game with no experience with a weapon whatsoever fighting this big baddass of a monster and dieing ever single time. if i didnt play the tutorial, or if there was no tutorial, i would get so frustrated from dieing that i would stop playing.

so maybe you people will stop letting yahtzee have such a big influence on you that you only buy the games he gives good reviews for.
this is probably the only time ive gottne mad over somethin as stupid as this, not at yahtzee for giving it a bad review because everyone is entitled to their opinion, but mad at you guys for listening to him as if he was jesus reincarnated!

***Form your own opinions through experience***

mr Awsome:
alright, when he said a "ten hour tutorial" he was obviously exaggerating, i guess some of you are too dumb to realise that.
but maybe theres a pretty long tutorial because they dont want you going in the game with no experience with a weapon whatsoever fighting this big baddass of a monster and dieing ever single time. if i didnt play the tutorial, or if there was no tutorial, i would get so frustrated from dieing that i would stop playing.

so maybe you people will stop letting yahtzee have such a big influence on you that you only buy the games he gives good reviews for.
this is probably the only time ive gottne mad over somethin as stupid as this, not at yahtzee for giving it a bad review because everyone is entitled to their opinion, but mad at you guys for listening to him as if he was jesus reincarnated!

There's still a difference between exaggeration and hyperbole. In this case, he's made the tutorial from a reasonable amount of time (an hour) to a completely unreasonable one (ten hours). Even if it's an exaggeration, that doesn't change the fact it moves the timespan from "annoying to some, but playable" to "Holy shit this isn't ever worth it."

That's like saying if I said your face was covered in acne and it looked like you lost a knife fight because you had a shaving cut and a speck of dirt on your cheek.

NamesAreHardToPick:

obex:
Snip

lol the equipment management gripe is so off-base it's not even a thing. I mean on what grounds can someone gripe about how a character has to go HOME to change like 50 pounds of armor, or how you can't carry an alternate weapon when the one you've brought clearly wieghs a ton? While other games let you tote a closet worth of clothing and a garbage-can sized rocket launcher that just spring into existence when you hit the hotkey, you can't tell me with a straight face that this ridiculous immersion-breaker from 1980's roleplaying games is an important feature for every videogame to emulate.

It's not like there's a "right" or "wrong" kind of weapon for 90% of the monsters you hunt, though depending on your play style some might feel that way... and that's a matter of trying different things and learning the ropes again and we know how much respect having to invest some effort for a game gets around here.

Ok this i must simple respond to i will have to ignore your possible valid point about right and wrong weapons as i havent played the game.

But have you never herd of suspension of disbelief its where you accept that this is a work of ficiton/fantasy and never think "where does legolas keep getting his arrows from? he never picks them up" or "Why does my wow character never need to go to the bathroom?" because we want to play a fun game not get bogged down in realism. I mean if you want to move more towards realism like COD or w/e fine do it but FFS i dont want realism in a game about fighting monsters! We maybe i do and when they make one ill have a look but you cannot pass of something as an attempt at realism when there are no other realistic things in the game!

What happens with realism is it impresses you by making you think "Holy shit thats just like real life!" for example in Farcry 2 when on low health your character does special stabilising healing where he does a context sensitive action such as bandaging a wound, patting fire out on his clothing or pulling a bullet out of his leg when this happens i think "Wow this is like what would happen in a real gun fight!" but in when you got back to your house did you think "holy shit this is totally like real life if i was like fighting monsters i couldn't carry all that shit at all its way to heavy!" Is there one other aspect of the game that is realistic like this to show that it was not just a rubbish mechanic i mean how does your health recover do you drink potions i hope not that silly how does that work i mean is it magic if so why not a magic bag to carry my stuff in infact do you have a inventory weight? Or can you carry infinite gold/magic potions/Frogs eye just not more armour?

This is ignoring the elephant in the room that this is game about fighting monsters REALISM HAS NO PLACE HERE. We want fun game play elements not realistic ones or if you want a nice compromise why not make a realistic game play mechanic that doesnt sound like a total pain in the arse? You talk about immersion breaking i can think of nothing that would kill the mood of being a bad ass monster killer than having to trek home so i can change my clothes.

Seriously i said that i wouldnt respond unless you guys came up with something awesome and im pleased to say you rose to the challenge amazingly this was the single stupidest definite of a game mechanic i have ever heard. Ever.

Infact not to be over insulting (because lets face it this is going to be insulting no matter how i say it but try not to take it to heart) your a god damn inspiration i wrote this large post in mere minuets i could go on all day deconstruction your argument im gonna have a hard time stopping myself respond to whatever you give me next. Im writing this out so fast i feel like i could write a novel on just how stupid your post was i mean i could of just told you to google suspension of disbelief (you should btw) but it just inspired me to tell you how wrong you are. Dont take this to personally your probably i nice guy and all but if Karma exists then get a pen because that post was so stupid that to balance it out your probably going to cure cancer or something.

1. stop using wii mote controller for this game

2. learn to play monster hunter, you moron. your explanation of how you took on the jaggi tells me exactly what i suspected in your review - that you dont know what the hell you are supposed to do in this game.

Oh my God, there are so many people bashing the game who CLEARLY haven't played it.

The tutorial is not even CLOSE to 10 hours. You can do it in 45 minutes if you're not a complete retard.

A full video and a full article about Monster Hunter Tri from the world's harshest videogame critic (probably), and I only find one thing that would put me off getting Monster Hunter Tri (the talk of a ten hour tutorial being, obviously, a gross exaggeration). Unfortunately, it's enough to put me right off the game all by itself. It's the weapon degradation system. I don't like weapon degradation systems. I don't like any method a game might use to actively punish you for playing. What's the point fighting if your weapons going to go blunt after ten hits? It's like pissing into the wind.

milskidasith:

mr Awsome:

There's still a difference between exaggeration and hyperbole. In this case, he's made the tutorial from a reasonable amount of time (an hour) to a completely unreasonable one (ten hours). Even if it's an exaggeration, that doesn't change the fact it moves the timespan from "annoying to some, but playable" to "Holy shit this isn't ever worth it."

That's like saying if I said your face was covered in acne and it looked like you lost a knife fight because you had a shaving cut and a speck of dirt on your cheek.

exxageration or hyperbole, whatever you want to call it, its things like that that make people think yahtzee is God of the games and that the game is bad if yahtzee says its bad, when its not.

obex:

NamesAreHardToPick:

obex:
Snip

lol the equipment management gripe is so off-base it's not even a thing. I mean on what grounds can someone gripe about how a character has to go HOME to change like 50 pounds of armor, or how you can't carry an alternate weapon when the one you've brought clearly wieghs a ton? While other games let you tote a closet worth of clothing and a garbage-can sized rocket launcher that just spring into existence when you hit the hotkey, you can't tell me with a straight face that this ridiculous immersion-breaker from 1980's roleplaying games is an important feature for every videogame to emulate.

It's not like there's a "right" or "wrong" kind of weapon for 90% of the monsters you hunt, though depending on your play style some might feel that way... and that's a matter of trying different things and learning the ropes again and we know how much respect having to invest some effort for a game gets around here.

Ok this i must simple respond to i will have to ignore your possible valid point about right and wrong weapons as i havent played the game.

But have you never herd of suspension of disbelief its where you accept that this is a work of ficiton/fantasy and never think "where does legolas keep getting his arrows from? he never picks them up" or "Why does my wow character never need to go to the bathroom?" because we want to play a fun game not get bogged down in realism. I mean if you want to move more towards realism like COD or w/e fine do it but FFS i dont want realism in a game about fighting monsters! We maybe i do and when they make one ill have a look but you cannot pass of something as an attempt at realism when there are no other realistic things in the game!

What happens with realism is it impresses you by making you think "Holy shit thats just like real life!" for example in Farcry 2 when on low health your character does special stabilising healing where he does a context sensitive action such as bandaging a wound, patting fire out on his clothing or pulling a bullet out of his leg when this happens i think "Wow this is like what would happen in a real gun fight!" but in when you got back to your house did you think "holy shit this is totally like real life if i was like fighting monsters i couldn't carry all that shit at all its way to heavy!" Is there one other aspect of the game that is realistic like this to show that it was not just a rubbish mechanic i mean how does your health recover do you drink potions i hope not that silly how does that work i mean is it magic if so why not a magic bag to carry my stuff in infact do you have a inventory weight? Or can you carry infinite gold/magic potions/Frogs eye just not more armour?

This is ignoring the elephant in the room that this is game about fighting monsters REALISM HAS NO PLACE HERE. We want fun game play elements not realistic ones or if you want a nice compromise why not make a realistic game play mechanic that doesnt sound like a total pain in the arse? You talk about immersion breaking i can think of nothing that would kill the mood of being a bad ass monster killer than having to trek home so i can change my clothes.

Seriously i said that i wouldnt respond unless you guys came up with something awesome and im pleased to say you rose to the challenge amazingly this was the single stupidest definite of a game mechanic i have ever heard. Ever.

Infact not to be over insulting (because lets face it this is going to be insulting no matter how i say it but try not to take it to heart) your a god damn inspiration i wrote this large post in mere minuets i could go on all day deconstruction your argument im gonna have a hard time stopping myself respond to whatever you give me next. Im writing this out so fast i feel like i could write a novel on just how stupid your post was i mean i could of just told you to google suspension of disbelief (you should btw) but it just inspired me to tell you how wrong you are. Dont take this to personally your probably i nice guy and all but if Karma exists then get a pen because that post was so stupid that to balance it out your probably going to cure cancer or something.

that was a fairly weak answer to that weapon changing thing but its there because when monsters take certain amounts of dmg(lets say poison) they take less poison dmg, and you could potentially break the game.

Clunks:
A full video and a full article about Monster Hunter Tri from the world's harshest videogame critic (probably), and I only find one thing that would put me off getting Monster Hunter Tri (the talk of a ten hour tutorial being, obviously, a gross exaggeration). Unfortunately, it's enough to put me right off the game all by itself. It's the weapon degradation system. I don't like weapon degradation systems. I don't like any method a game might use to actively punish you for playing. What's the point fighting if your weapons going to go blunt after ten hits? It's like pissing into the wind.

the weapon degrading system is there to kinda make the combat more interesting, when the weapon bounces, and it will if its sharpness is not full, you're open to attacks and etc. 10 hour tutorial is an exaggeration, 10 hits and blunt weapon isn't as obvious but still one. The weapon doesn't really degrade that much during one fight, depending on what kind of weapon you're using, a weapon might lose a sharpness bar in maybe 10~15 min, and you wouldn't have to get it back up more than 3 times the entire fight

obex:

...Are you high? You went on a five paragraph rant about the fact that you can't CHANGE EQUIPMENT IN A MISSION? That's incredibly irrelevant! As many people have stated previously, you can't change weapons because that would be extremely exploitable and reduce teamwork, and you can't change equipment because... well... why would you need to?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here