Escape to the Movies: The A-Team

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Im glad!
I was wondering what kind of movie this would turn out to be, and im happy that it turned out to be a FUN one.
Cant wait to see it.
And.......im also excited for Cats & Dogs 2..........
i loved the first one......

At first I wasn't interested in this film. It looked like it was going down the dark and cool appeal to teenage route. Then I saw a trailer where they fought off fighter planes in a free falling tank. That made it for me. :)

DisturbiaWolf13:
Can't see this yet :( I'm on my iPhone. Why isnt there a mobile vesion of the escapist?

That's what you get when you sell your soul to Steve Jobs. I can watch this on my Droid just fine.

Onyx Oblivion:
I want Mystery Men 2...

I am so with you there. Maybe not a Small Soldiers 2 (it was a good movie, but I can't see how a sequel would work), but Mystery Men 2 would be outrageous in their own right.

Interesting review, Bob. I was worried that the A-Team movie wouldn't feel like the A-Team that I had seen quite a few times on TV Land. But if you say it's the A-Team I vaguely remember, I trust you.

A good dumb action flick? I really missed those! Many movies nowadays confuse 'good dumb fun' with being plain retarded...

Dude, I want to see a sequel of Small Soldiers.

That movie was awesome :(

"This is what a Michael Bay film would look like if Michael Bay was good at his job." Ah, this made me laugh so hard, it's just so true.

OT: Nice to see the film's exactly how the trailers made it seem, definately watching this when I get the time.

I really enjoyed this movie. It picked a direction and stuck to it's guns. And it was awesome.

Also, Bob, I'm pretty sure Mystery Men does have a cult following. Perhaps a minor one, but it's there. (I'm one of those fans).

Wow, I thought this would be a crappy pushover trying to rip people off by putting starts like Mr.T on the screen after so many years, but apparently, it's a decent movie...

Cool, gotta go see it next week.

So, wait, he liked it? Although he doesn't say it outright this seems like a positive review. Hell, if it's going to give me some pleasant nostalgia moments then I'm game.

Since they've made the A-Team movie what's next on the remake list? Quantum Leap? Buck Rogers In The 25th Century? Blake's 7? (actually, any of those would actually be pretty cool).

Im still not sure how to take this film...I want to see it just to relive my childhood memories...but, it just seems, wrong

The Michael Bay line brought a nice big laugh out of me. Good thing I was alone in the office at the time.

I was really curious about this movie. Now I'm very interested.

k-ossuburb:
Since they've made the A-Team movie what's next on the remake list? Quantum Leap? Buck Rogers In The 25th Century? Blake's 7? (actually, any of those would actually be pretty cool).

I don't think there's any way Hollywood could make Quantum Leap without screwing it up (just a gut feeling), but Blake's 7 has lots of potential. I doubt Buck Rogers would be doable, simply because it's only good when it's hopelessly campy, and I think it's very hard to consciously set out to be campy. It seems to usually only happen by accident.

Whenever I watch a Movie Bob review, I generally have to adjust for his general level of enthusiasm, i.e. when he says that a movie is "a FUCKING BLAST", for me it means that the movie will be okay. Despite the general praise he gave A-Team, the subdued nature of the tone has made me wary to pay for this movie.

Don't think I don't see what you did there! I know Futurama when I see it! A - mimus for all of us!

Wait wait wait....><

You liked Smokin Aces?

I mean the movie was a complete pandering waste of time full of overly bloated dialogue/monologue, prematurely ejaculated action sequences, and a story I'm a 100% sure was written for the sake of pissing off the audience with its amateur level pretentiousness (It's like taking advice from Jason Schwartzman on how to score with chicks, well at least taking advice from the characters he plays..0o).

But I guess that's all just different strokes....=/

Oh and I've seen both Narc and Training Day, and I can't remember for the life of me what Narc was about because I'm pretty sure I fell asleep half way through...0o

But still, I might check out the A-team because I do remember and love the 80s...=)

DisturbiaWolf13:
Can't see this yet :( I'm on my iPhone. Why isnt there a mobile vesion of the escapist?

*sigh*
I would hate to cause a flame on this thread but even if there was a "mobile" version you would never see it on a crappy Iphone because Apple "banned" flash from their devices.

that reminds me, I need a new and better ISP as I cannot see it yet due to going past my fair usage policy :(

Sabrestar:

I don't think there's any way Hollywood could make Quantum Leap without screwing it up (just a gut feeling), but Blake's 7 has lots of potential. I doubt Buck Rogers would be doable, simply because it's only good when it's hopelessly campy, and I think it's very hard to consciously set out to be campy. It seems to usually only happen by accident.

Ah, but I can dream, can't I? I can dream.

Granted, those examples were only chosen because I sort of knew they couldn't work (which was the point I was trying to make, sorry for being unclear), but I'd like to see the Blake's 7 one the most out of those, as long as they don't overhaul it too much, it'll just ruin it if they did.

I would so like a small soldiers 2 but one is never going to be made simply because well. The creator of the story died shortly after the film was finished. But seriously a sequal to cats and dogs? That's almost random all by itself. Glad to hear the A-team movie did good though I expected it to be good fun my friend didn't understand why mister T wasn't in it. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was to old for action movies.

lol cats vs dogs was cool.
a sequel will not be.
the persian made it. i think wasn't it eddy izard?

and the A team sounds like a good waste of time action flick, pretty much what i was expecting.
but then again. i really quite enjoyed the losers.
i think that was probably more to do with the cast than anything else though.

mad825:

DisturbiaWolf13:

*sigh*
I would hate to cause a flame on this thread but even if there was a "mobile" version you would never see it on a crappy Iphone because Apple "banned" flash from their devices.

that reminds me, I need a new and better ISP as I cannot see it yet due to going past my fair usage policy :(

i know, jobbs ust have lost a few more screws.
freakin nutt job.
oh yea lets just start a war with flash.
his whole obsession to make apple a standalone product that needs no outside programs is going to be his ruin.

khaimera:

Onyx Oblivion:
I want Mystery Men 2...

I second that. I love that movie. Anything with Pee Wee is good in my book.

third it! that movie was such fun weirdness

I remember Cats & Dogs,, I thought it was funny. Anyone else think Mystery Men 2 is a great idea?

As for fun action films, there've been a lot of them, we just haven't seen a good one in a while.

Oh well, next time there's a lull in fun action films, I can always go back and watch Hot Fuzz.

i had my doubts about it
but considering you like it then i shall try it

I remember Cats and Dogs, I loved that movie when I was a kid but why a sequel?

Thats kind of what I expected from the A-Team as well. The tank scene seems like it would fit an original episode

dashiz94:
Oh and one more thing, I would LOVE a Small Soldiers 2

Seconded, I would be there in a flash.

I remember seeing a trailer for Cats vs. Dogs 2 and thinking the exact same thing you were thinking: "They're actually making a sequel to this? Ugh..." Then I quickly forgot about it until you brought it up. Same for Hotel for Dogs.

I was actually hoping that Bob would review Karate Kid. Oh well.

I want to see this one. I asked for more Wikus and boy does it look like I'm going to get it. I also hope that not having seen the show won't negatively effect my enjoyment of the movie.

Can't wait.

Nomanslander:
Wait wait wait....><

You liked Smokin Aces?

I mean the movie was a complete pandering waste of time full of overly bloated dialogue/monologue, prematurely ejaculated action sequences, and a story I'm a 100% sure was written for the sake of pissing off the audience with its amateur level pretentiousness (It's like taking advice from Jason Schwartzman on how to score with chicks, well at least taking advice from the characters he plays..0o).

But I guess that's all just different strokes....=/

Oh and I've seen both Narc and Training Day, and I can't remember for the life of me what Narc was about because I'm pretty sure I fell asleep half way through...0o

But still, I might check out the A-team because I do remember and love the 80s...=)

I'm with this guy, narc was pretty good but Smokin Aces? That film was utter cack and I love mindless action. I think Bob must have seen the movie he hoped it would be, because the one I remember was overly complicated and the shootout sequences were very messy. It was a good premise and jeremy Piven was good (as always) but overall that was an awful movie and I wanted to like it

I kinda expected Bob to crush the movie, since even the original A-team says it sucks...

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll check it out, seeing as it's apparently not all that bad. Yay, I guess.

Also, I have Cats&Dogs on VCR somewhere in the attic...

looks like a good time I might grab some friends and see it.

Small Soldiers 2 and Mystery Men 2, two movies film i would want to see..

And funny that you mentioned Smokin' Aces ... i watched Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball yesterday... and was exorbitantly disappointed, one of the worst movies this year...

But I'm glad to hear that the A-Team is somewhat decent.

Yay, the A-Team movie doesn't take a franchise I enjoyed as a kid (mind you I just watched re-runs) and ruin it (unlike someone else's [you know who you are!]). I always crack up when I think about that scene with the tank, it's just ridiculous, but plausible enough to have A-Team written all over it. This is what you should do with licensed movies like this, G.I. Joe got it right and so has this movie. As for the whole Small Soldiers 2 thing, I'm all for that, I liked that movie. The one sequel/remake I'd love to see would be Bladerunner (Yeah I know they'd find some way to fuck that up but here's to hoping)

test

I enjoyed Smokin Aces, but I wouldn't give it nearly as much praise as MovieBob. It was fun, but not amazing.

Speaking of fun, if I hear or read the phrase "Remember fun?" one more time, I'm gonna go crazy. We get it. Some movies/games/etc. sacrifice quality because they take themselves too seriously. Just call a movie simple fun without trying to sound like you're making some sort of original criticism of modern entertainment.

Actually, when I saw the trailer for Cats & Dogs 2, before they even showed the title, I knew what it was, and i was excited. I loved the original, but then again, I was around eight. Haven't seen it since, but I'd be interested to see the sequel since I enjoyed the original so much.

I'd also love to see Small Soldiers 2 and Mystery Men 2.

I think that what the movie is going for is not so much early 90's, but more like the bombastic insane action you'd see in 80's action movies. I thought it's kinda weird Bob wouldn't point it out as such.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here