Zero Punctuation: Singularity

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Tinneh:

GamesB2:
I really enjoyed this game.

It was better than most FPS' out now and had a vaguely interesting story and gimmicks.

'tun the enemy into a baby, give him a grenade to suck on and throw him at his buddies to show you mean business' xD

Also this games sales were horrendous... I recommend people to buy this game, the SP is great and the online is surprisingly fun.

Is it kind of like Red Faction: Guerilla? By that I mean, "Gee! This single player sure is fun! Wait a second. Is that-? Holy shit there's a multiplayer component! -GASP- AND IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD?!"

Yes that's pretty much exactly how I felt.

"That was great!... There's an online? Man this is gonna suck... Holy shit balls this is awesome!"

I disagree, I think that while it *used* to be funny to watch him be an asshole, he *used* to give 9/10 games that he reviewed their props for what they did right, so now he's just being a prick making his loyal die-hard fans think that every game is shit.

Singularity is a damn good game, it's too short and yeah its rips off bioshock but it's still damn good. So was Red Dead, Borderlands, and Splinter Cell Convictions, but I don't complain about him ripping on them because at least in those he's funny and make his little fart jokes and what not, but he hasn't even been trying lately.

0/10 for this review (or critique or whatever the fuck you call it)

Nothing even remotely funny

Completely inaccurate on description of the story

Not mentioning any of the FUN aspects of the game, which is important to mention in a game like this where they far outweigh the negative aspects.

EDIT: It's also very clear that he plays games on easy, but in normal and hard mode, bullets stop being enough, so there goes that point. (your move fanboys)

Yahtzee knocks another one out of the park. *runs off to play Singularity*

How many games now have abused some form of time manipulation eh? HOW MANY!?

DoomBlackDragon:
I laughed very hard from this review. While I had never planned to buy/rent this game. You do point out that the plot was bad and game play was bad just as I figured. At less I saw this one a mile away.

He never actually said any of that, sure he made a couple jokes about the gameplay and said that the spoiler was obvious but he never said they were bad. Hell, even if he did, it doesn't mean that the game isn't good, all Yahtzee rips into games, he doesn't say they're brilliant, so using his reviews as a buyers guide is a pretty terrible idea.

Dude....Harsh!!!

Ok as plot twists go yeah it wasn't all that big of a deal. Until the part right after the plot twist. I still think Singularity is the best FPS to come out this year. Even though there was some elements that didn't make sense.

Well this just tops off all the reasons for me to not buy this game.

Also, I haven't been to Flambard's in like, 10 years.

Awesome review, I actually want to try this game, but my funds are low.

heheh, i figured this game was just meh

He thought it was a piece of shit ripoff made by amateurs. YAY!!

He thought it was better than Wolfenstein. BOOO!!!

heh heh heh human centipede neatly tied into a games joke well done

Well one of the key components of entertainment or indeed doing anything that involves an audience is understanding that audience.

Yahtzee didn't mention the gore and dismemberment in this game (Particularly when using the Seeker).

Still waiting for Yahtzee to review Metro 2033.

Yeah, yeah, good review etc, etc. But the point is did you enjoy the fucking game? I'm guessing not since you found nothing good to mention, apart from the fact it was better then Wolfenstein. Which was made by the same devloper. So I'm glad it achived that at least.

Rage moment over, all good points raised, and all correct, but at least the game stuck it's neck out. It could have gone the wolfenstein route, and do nothing but add a gimick, but it at least tried to make a story. to be frank, it did good for a game with nearly entirely no coverage, and is better then the half hearted shit released as mainstream games, with I suspect a much lower budget. At the end of the day, I liked it for what is was, and there is nothing anyone can do to affect my views.

hi0marc:
heh heh heh human centipede neatly tied into a games joke well done

Agreed to bad some people wont get that its a movie plug :V

It was far better than Wolfenstein, but it's true that it's not a block buster game, I had fun with it, a lot, but it falls short if you play it analysing the plot.

BTW, I've seen a few mentions to Metro 2033, will we see a review of it anytime soon?

i actually wasnt to disatisfied with the ending when i found out i could pop the 2 assholes at the end and become supreme ruler of the world

Now that sucked.

TIme travel is quite a tricky thing. What happens if you do something and accidentally make it so you were never born?

His review is just amazing. Though the game is quite medicore, a friend was nice enough to rephrase it to "Crusty Old Shait".

A pass for me.

Andersen:
I disagree, I think that while it *used* to be funny to watch him be an asshole, he *used* to give 9/10 games that he reviewed their props for what they did right, so now he's just being a prick making his loyal die-hard fans think that every game is shit.

Singularity is a damn good game, it's too short and yeah its rips off bioshock but it's still damn good. So was Red Dead, Borderlands, and Splinter Cell Convictions, but I don't complain about him ripping on them because at least in those he's funny and make his little fart jokes and what not, but he hasn't even been trying lately.

0/10 for this review (or critique or whatever the fuck you call it)

Nothing even remotely funny

Completely inaccurate on description of the story

Not mentioning any of the FUN aspects of the game, which is important to mention in a game like this where they far outweigh the negative aspects.

EDIT: It's also very clear that he plays games on easy, but in normal and hard mode, bullets stop being enough, so there goes that point. (your move fanboys)

1) It's your opinion that he is not funny.

2) You are a bigger asshole than he is(in this quote).

3) I beat it in 1 1/2 days on normal; then starded it on hard and played for an hour and said "Oh bother I must of set it to normal by axident" restarted on hard again and it was still piss easy.

From what i've played this game is not that bad, and from what i've seen the human centiped is very bad, and that film always makes me think of 2 girls and..oh god the flashbacks they burn my soul

is time shift any good? i know it's not the review but is it similar?

JediMB:
Bah, I was so enjoying the review until Yahtzee decided to go and reveal the Singularity plot twist after saying it's the same as the one in BioShock. Had to stop watching there.

Not to avoid spoilers for Singularity, but because I've just started playing BioShock for the first time.

He actually doesn't give away anything about bioshock.

randomrob:
I was quite disappointed with that video. There wasn't a single cock or gay joke. :(

Did you watch, he had the USSR and United States comparing cock sizes.

Element 99... So that would be Einsteinium then? If you're going to make up a new element at least check how many there already are.

was it pedobear at the amusement park!?

ahahahahah loved the human centipede reference. I didn't watch that movie, but the trailer was enough for me try to forget about it.

for me that human centipede reference was a major mindfuck, I am deeply concerned that this film is legal whereas crack cocaine is not, at least coke might take the sting off that film.

Future Hero:
He thought it was a piece of shit ripoff made by amateurs. YAY!!

He thought it was better than Wolfenstein. BOOO!!!

for your safety, i recommend you change your avatar within 5 days.
Just a friendly warning.

EDIT: OT, does anyone else think element 99 might be a bit of a tiberium ripoff?

All hail Big Hank!

Cool, another game I won't be getting 'til it hits $5 on steam, still have about 100 unplayed games that sound better than this. :P

Well, good job I didn't buy it then. I put it back on the shelf and never looked back after I noticed that it involved time travel. No thanks, it gets too confusing too easily.

And when is Yahtzee going to give Star Trek Online the verbal thrashing it's been asking for for months?

Hardcore_gamer:
Why doesn't Yahtzee review fighting games like Super Street Fighter 4 or Tekken? I have never seen him review one.

He's said multiple times that he hates fighting games due to the ease of being beaten by someone mashing buttons.

OT: I played the first hour or so of the game and I saw what was happening with that doctor. But the game's "plot twist"? No. That is not a plot twist. That is something a 5 year old could figure out if they weren't paying attention.

However, this does not mean the game sucks. Just the plot is complete and utter shite. I'll definitely pick it up when it drops in price. Though I am getting very tired of the only hold two guns at the same time feature most FPS have been using since Halo, or whatever the first game to use that boring mechanic was.

Lol. I would love to turn Grown men into babies put a grenade into their mouths and throw them. I know it horrible but that would be an amazing game mechanic.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 16992)