Stolen Pixels #246: New Vegas, Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3

So first we lost Reliable Source, and now Stolen Pixels is MIA, what's happening escapist?

SpcyhknBC:
So first we lost Reliable Source, and now Stolen Pixels is MIA, what's happening escapist?

I agree, where did Stolen Pixels go? Is Shamus on holidays or something?

Indeed, the sudden, unannounced disappearance of Shamus Young bears investigation.

Where the funny comic man go? Me want screenshot jokes.

Checking out his blog, Shamus says he'll be back after he finishes his "Let's play WoW" thing.

...Which is currently on episode 14 of 15, so a week or two more, I guess?

Elyandarin:
Checking out his blog, Shamus says he'll be back after he finishes his "Let's play WoW" thing.

Thanks for the heads-up; at least now I know he hasn't simply dropped off the face of the Earth.

Elyandarin:

You gave me hope.... then I noticed you posted in September (I was without t'internet for a couple of months)

I'm a sad panda now :(

Rancid0ffspring:
You gave me hope.... then I noticed you posted in September (I was without t'internet for a couple of months)

That is his join date, he posted that 4 days ago.

Mouse_Crouse:

Rancid0ffspring:

Yeah, I almost made the same mistake then I was like... wait... 2009!

Mouse_Crouse:

Rancid0ffspring:

ah...... herp a derp..... DUUUUUURH!

Aaaaaany way! Does anyone know when it will officially return.... If at all?

Yeah, I did the same thing ...I DID feel some remorse about doing it though :(
I AM still Human after all ...mostly.

But then I found a mod that lets you turn a toaster into scrap-metal and electronics, and I started keeping them ...now I stroll around the Nevada Desert with a shopping-trolley looking for tin-cans, and I just need a couple more boxes of detergent to upgrade my military armour :D

Don't tell me I'm the only one here who realised that the Rorshach tests at the beginning of the game changed your initial stats?

Plus Doc Mitchell is a...doctor. Doctors look at people all the time. How else would they operate on various parts of the body?

Elyandarin:

Well it's nice of the Escapist to tell us these things... And sensible of him to call a comic strip "____ 1" when he's just about to go off and do something else for ages!

almost makes me wanna try the game just for the crazy stuff that happens...almost heh
never did get far in Fallout 3 or Oblivion

If it wasn't for the 'part 1' bit I would be worried he wasn't coming back...

If you'd watched Desert Bus he did say he'd take off for awhile to finish another project.

I miss Stolen Pixels.

:'(

i miss stolen pixels too

:(

Well since Stolen Pixels is no longer on the side bar of the site, I can only assume Stolen Pixels is gone for good. I might be wrong, but after almost three months, it's hard to remain optimistic.

where's the next comic? :[
hope ur not feeling like Critical Miss is good enough to go solo on this site (it's not)

Consider me miffed! Come Escapist, at least tell us what's going on!!!

Shamus, if you're reading this, look at this kitten.

This kitten has a bomb inside it. This kitten will explode if you don't get back onto doing Stolen Pixels soon.

Do it for the kitten.

Please!!!! For the kitten!

Indeed. For the kitten.

You might not be able to see them, but behind the kitten are some very asplodable awesome prototype gaming products. If the kitten goes, they all go too... Even if you feel nothing for the kitten (you heartless...), do it for the games!

Swaki:

to the first point, heres why i think you have amnesia, you don't remember anything about your life prior to waking up at the doc,

It's an RPG. That's leaving the background relatively open to player desires. Arcanum did the same thing.

i think the pipboy would be pretty valuable to a doctor, for inventory and detecting and locating radiation, wounds and poison on his patience, heck even if it only works on the guy who wears it he could just put it on his patience, look over their shoulder, easily locate the problem and save lifes.

True enough. Though these things were mass produced, standard issue to every potential vault dweller. Not exactly as rare as you're suggesting.

now the poor writing, its that everything just happened before you got there, be it that some important information just imploded, like with the kings, everything they based their gang around just disappeared, no holotapes no sheet music no nothing, and holotapes are build to last, remember in the first game where you went down a nuclear crater and found a working tape, if it can survive that, it can survive anything.

That's every single RPG ever made. Sorry to break it to you. Also, it's a bad hard to take a 'bad writing' complaint seriously from someone who uses 'patience' instead of 'patients' to describe people treated by a physician.

and then theres just the way people act towards you, i quickly maxed out my speech skill, and the things i was able to change by passing a speech test are insane, there could be people who had done the same thing for 40+ years, who believed that what they did was the right thing, they had based their entire life around a certain belief or moral value, but then i came along and said "erhmm, no, you are wrong" and they changed their mind.

Again, welcome to RPGland. Though you don't give any examples.

Stolen Pixels... I miss you much.

rembrandtqeinstein:

17. Replace the cowboy robot picture with Chuck Norris.

Holy crap.

Ok I had thought New Vegas was the best game I've played of the last two / three years, except for the glitches. But this... this puts it all in perspective for me. I see where I was going wrong. OF COURSE the cowboy robot picture should be Chuck Norris! It's so blindingly simple!

(PS - Kidding. Although I do really, really love this game.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here