Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

Pro-gamer Gauntlet is a business that employs 11 elite gamers, each a master of a different genre. What does this business do? Well, simply put, they are personal trainers...for gamers.

Watch Video

Nice video. Looking forward to seconds.

Eagerly awaiting new episodes.

See Jim, new shows don't give you bad press, bad ones do!

The crazy eyes bit when he opened the door sold me on this but didn't he say she'd be one of ten? *goes back* Yes he did.

Horror master sounds like my kind of sociopath.

Looks interesting. Especially at the end with the parkou- sorry, "Platform" guy playing baseball.

Intrigued as to where the plot (if there is one) is going to go.

Also: "Unofficially the girl in the short-shorts". Nice self-awareness.

This series looks like it has a lot of potential, I really enjoyed what I saw except for a bit of overacting in places. I am going to have to wait to see where the plot goes, my only hope is that this series has a planned ending, instead of being infinitely episodic.

Cheers on the new series and best of luck. (great casting decisions btw)

Still waiting for an explanation on why a 'third person shooter' is the 'first person shooter' master.

Oh yeah, and the Retro guy is a bit too over the top for me.

EDIT: Also, unless your filming out in public street with random pedestrians... put some black tape on the end of Lara Crofts guns. The bright orange really kills immersion.

Looking forward to future episodes.

Erm... I'm waiting for the comedy bit to begin :P

Is it just me, or does the lady who played FPS look like she could be Graham Stark's (of LRR) little sister...

Interesting concept, this seems like it could turn out to be pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode.

I rather liked that actually. Not sure exactly why but hopefully more episodes will convince me!

I like where this is going

Other than Retro Guy, it looks to have a lot of promise. His acting is way too over the top.

The guy dressed as a king was funny, but that's about it. Tomb Raider isn't an FPS btw.

Well... that's different. Still better than the Jimquisition though, so I think I'll continue to watch...

Not my cup of tea. I also have to agree with Sober Thal that it seems odd to have an iconic TPS character heading up the FPSs.

Sober Thal:
Still waiting for an explanation on why a 'third person shooter' is the 'first person shooter' master.

I rather liked this. I look forward to more.

Really bad up front, I won't lie. But the stuff during the credits actually made me want to see more, and so I shall look forward to doing so.

Hungry Donner:
Not my cup of tea. I also have to agree with Sober Thal that it seems odd to have an iconic TPS character heading up the FPSs.

Sober Thal:

Yeah, this was brought up when it originally aired in the contest. I hope they answer in the next episode. I'm going to give this another try, I hope it gets better.

Wait how much does the job pay? Are you hiring another pro? Well I need to brush up gaming skill to pro level.

This look like it will be a good show. I will be watching more of this.

I quite liked it. The best line was probably over the credits "don't look at me like that, he kidnaps people."

That was...interesting. I liked it enough to watch more, so let's see if this goes anywhere.

Well, after much deliberation in my head we have finally came to a consensus. Welcome to the weekly video line up. Now, more game related comedy and more awesome parkour platform guy.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Really bad up front, I won't lie. But the stuff during the credits actually made me want to see more, and so I shall look forward to doing so.

I wish I had been able to get to the credits. Thought this was awful.

One of the best series openings I've ever seen on the Escapist!! It was really funny and I was looking forever to find the forum post about this just so I could say how awesome it is.

Overall, I'm looking forward to it, especially for the horror and RPG masters. Not big on the retro gamer. His acting is way to strong.

To make it clear for everyone: We will be releasing our first four episodes here next week and many of the issues that you are bringing up have since been addressed.

We have definitely addressed the Lara Croft costume "issue." It's actually a part of her character development. So, you'll see what's in store and that costume does change by episode 3.

Thanks for the feedback so far. It's what helps us make the show better. We are glad to be here on the Escapist and we look forward to producing the best video series that we can.

RPG Master's final line in the credits made it for me.

Bring on the next episode.

The guy getting "patched".

That made my day.

Good idea and awesome Platform Master. If the acting improves, this will be really interesting.

This show has some potential, and judging from the post above, they're aware of the things that need to be fixed.

There were a few solid jokes in there, which is a great start. Looking forward to seeing the improvements and changes. Sometimes it takes some time to settle in and find what works. Look at Top 5, for instance.

Gotta learn to punch before you HADOUKEN

That's a T-shirt right there.

I have a hard time understanding what is this though, is it some LARP show or are they going to provide "training" for video games?

EDIT: I am saying this because even the more simple games would require at least ten episodes, if the episodes are at the regular Escapist length of 5-7 minutes. For more complex games time can become a big issue - Day9 does a one-hour long daily show about how to improve at Starcraft and he is at Episode 300. I'm having problems seeing this timeframe available for PgG.

Well. Good idea, RPG master and Platform are almost perfect. Retro master needs to set up his acting slightly he seems great in some shots and than acts unnatural in the others..
Horror seems solid. A better microphone would not hurt on all the actors.

But overall, a very interesting concept. Looking forward to the next show. On what time basis will you be releasing them?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here