Mass Effect 3: The Process

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thats not what happened, i remember the ending, and that i though "Well, maybe i didn't have enough EMS" and then i remember getting angry after i looked at the next ending, and then i started bargaining on the BWS forum for the ending DLC and then i cried my self to sleep. I woke up and it was all a dream

I never finished ME3

IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!!

i wouldnt go that far. Yeah the ending could have been better. but people are getting mad about the choices?... me 2 ended almost the same way... destroy or hand over base remember. paragon or renegade. yeah they had a bit where they had to run back to the normandy but still. almost the exact same. This time yes they have 2 choices... 3 if you meet certain requirements (middle unlocked at 2600 war assets i believe) but the effectiveness of the two choices vary. if you have over 4-5k assets its pretty much the "best" version of the two choices. if you start having less and less asset points. the impact of the choices are weakened. i believe if its like less than 2k assets or something you down right fail and your ending fails and earth is destroyed and all sorts of stuff. people say the ending comes down to choices. just remember. it takes all your decisions before then to build up the fleet. to bring in allies. to get you to the 5k mark. at least then the renegades have a chance of shep not well you know. the creators said this would be the final chapter of comander sheperd. So the endings were fine to me. What they could do is have a cutscene maybe at the memorial to her/him. with a giant statue in the armor (to save them having to render the actual physical face/hair/etc) and everyone gives their final respects. i personally think the middle path was best.

oh and is it wierd that i think i drempt about the ending choices scene...like.. 3 years ago. seriously.. i saw that and was like.. "woah.. dejavu.. i've seen this before"

Caramel Frappe:

Zen Toombs:
Not....quite my reaction......

I will say that I recently realized that the ending is mostly in line with the endings of the other games. We just accepted them and thought they were cool because we thought each game was leading to an epic conclusion in the third installment.

And we were wrong.

:(

.. .. Yes they were. So.. so very dead wrong. *cries on your shoulder*

Actually, neither Tali nor Garrus died. None of your squadmates do. It's kindof weird, but and one of the plot holes. For some reason they are on the Normandy, don't ask why.

EDIT: On another note, we're friends on Xbox live right? We should play multiplayer sometime. It's a lot of fun.

And For This Exact Reason I'm DRINKING TILL I FALL OFF OF THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH!

Drinking Game: Every time you feel sad/disappointed by the result. You take a drink!

Mr Companion:

Audacity:
This is why I stopped playing at 1...Yeah. I saw it coming.

Quicker than me, I saw it coming after 2. I decided this story could never be un-stupided or fixed after the reapers were building terminator out of human smoothie by teaming up with incredibly stupid aliens who think an ambush means letting your enemies into the center of your base and giving them all your sensitive information, then building a pathway out for them and only sending five guys at a time to stop them. No longer an RPG, but another cover based shooter with a bit more plot. I knew then the third game would be just as it is. All this news about controversy and bad endings comes as no surprise whatsoever.

This. I will add that (despite its many flaws in the combat mechanics) I liked only ME1. I didn't like the changes in the combat (even if it flowed better, admittedly) from the ME1 to ME2, but what really was ridiculous is the you die and then resurrect within the first 5 minutes of the story, which was a poorly thought plot device to cut the ties with the ending of the ME1 and force you into an unlikely alliance with Cerberus, out of gratitude. This is really stupid because the illusive man is an extremely pragmatic man. He would never waste tons of money on the unlikely project of resurrecting someone, hoping this person would help him in his efforts better than a whole army, and this without even considering that this person might refuse him because he doesn't agree with his ideas, he doesn't like his methods, and frankly, because he is annoying. The illusive man never had any qualms in using humans as expendables, yet he doesn't place any system to control Shepard in his brain... Why? You hear that crap about "Shepard must be exactly how he was before" but that doesn't mean that you can't place a failsafe in case he refuses you... And this without putting out the fact that you can't reconstruct the brain once it loses its microstructure, unless you have a copy of how it was before (this accepting the fact that you CAN reconstruct it at all). ME2 was a detour on the main story, and it was only a good character development that saved it from being a complete wreck. The same can't be said about the ME3, unfortunately, which IS a complete wreck, for me. I know that many won't share my pessimistic view on the whole game, but I find that the story is simply bad, with the whole "we don't believe you Shepard" played out again until it's impossible to deny the truth, the choices from the previous games that turn out to be cosmetic several times, the after-attack attempts at dealing with the Reapers (that should be impossible to stop), etc.

Regarding the ending

Caramel Frappe:

Zen Toombs:
Actually, neither Tali nor Garrus died. None of your squadmates do. It's kindof weird, but and one of the plot holes. For some reason they are on the Normandy, don't ask why.

EDIT: On another note, we're friends on Xbox live right? We should play multiplayer sometime. It's a lot of fun.

.. Wait, what ..?

But, I saw them as Shepard was weak and limping- Garrus on the ground dead with his mouth open and Tali, oh god.. Tali was on her back in a pool of blood. Are you telling me that somehow I missed seeing them on the Normandy with the ending choice I make? Please show me a video or something to clarify I must know.

Also yes, since I beat single player.. I will be happy to play with you on ME3 multiplayer. Least anything we do will make far more sense then the single player ending. :{

I brought Liara and Tali with me, and in the Synethesis ending I chose I saw Tali get out of the Normandy with EDI and Joker. It was.... weird.

I'm not entirely opposed to the "indoctrination theory", although I'm not sure that it is the case.

If it is true, and the planned actual ending is a bit later, that DLC BETTER not cost money, because that is STUPID.

[also, with indoctrination theory, my thought is that the whole scene after you get lazor'd is a hallucination, and if you choose destroy you're shaking the indoctrination off.]

Also, EVERYTHING that happends after the credits [old man talking to kid, the "a winner is you" screen]

NEVER HAPPENED

Yay personal retcons!
I still want to have a little faith in Bioware.

lolololololol Mass Effect 3 body pillows i'd buy those.

Hitler's not pleased with it too.

I think I now need to play this game. I don't care if I ever get the bad taste out of my mouth afterwards or ends up eating obscene amounts of ice cream in the bathtub, I need to see the ending/s by myself.

Bevin Warren:

sordcooper:
yeeeaaaaah to be fair, in hindsight, i found the 'paragon' ending a little more appropriate than the others, but yeah, still total BS

There is no Paragpon ending
The lore states that an exploding Mass Relay destroys all life within its sector...from the DLC Arrival
all the endings have the relays explode... thus all advanced technological life is destroyed except for the crew of the Normandy... who crash lands somewhere...

In fact Shepards does more damage to the Universe then the Reapers would have done anyway...
The best you can hope for is:
1: Destroy... you end the Reaper cycle utterly thus giving future life forms a chance of existing without the threat of being harvested.
2. Control... take control of the Reapers and bend them to your will... basicly you decide who will get killed and when.
3. merge - all life becomes half organic/sythnthetic... except there is no real life forms as the exploding relays took them out... except for the normandy crew...

Theyt are all Renegade options and only the Destroy has a long term net benefit.

I suspect you missed a few things or didn't get the full ending. I put some thought into this (more than I should).

The endings are so fucking terrible. At first, I assumed it was obsessive ME fans who just wouldn't be satisfied with whatever ending Bioware made, but I was wrong.

Every decision and choice I made in the past 3 games were totally invalidated. This is what irks me above all us. What was the point about agonizing over the Collector Base? What was the point of curing the genophage? Bioware seemed to forget the whole point of playing a Mass Effect game.

Anyone that expected to get a satisfactory ending was a fool.

They still need a way to sell the Mass Effect 4th alternate ending DLC, the actual ending, that is of course until the Mass Effect 5th alternate ending DLC is made which will be the really real ending, but then the Mass Effect 6th alternate ending DLC comes along with the super for realz ending.

Shall I continue beating the dead horse about franchise whoring or did people get the point? The day 1 critical story character DLC was already borderline insulting. They basically went and played people for suckers, will play them for suckers when their 10$ dlc packages to "Fix" the ending come out and EA will be laughing all the way to the bank and Bioware will be slowly slumping into the quicksand as they have been since they made Dragon Age 2.

Yeah, the very ending was not very satisfying to me. It wasn't bad, but the choice... just not exactly what I was expecting. I think I'm still in denial. I still not entirely sure how I think about it.

The rest of the game I liked. Especially all the interactions with old friends. And enemies.

Zen Toombs:

Caramel Frappe:

Zen Toombs:

.. Wait, what ..?

But, I saw them as Shepard was weak and limping- Garrus on the ground dead with his mouth open and Tali, oh god.. Tali was on her back in a pool of blood. Are you telling me that somehow I missed seeing them on the Normandy with the ending choice I make? Please show me a video or something to clarify I must know.

Also yes, since I beat single player.. I will be happy to play with you on ME3 multiplayer. Least anything we do will make far more sense then the single player ending. :{

I brought Liara and Tali with me, and in the Synethesis ending I chose I saw Tali get out of the Normandy with EDI and Joker. It was.... weird.

I'm not entirely opposed to the "indoctrination theory", although I'm not sure that it is the case.

If it is true, and the planned actual ending is a bit later, that DLC BETTER not cost money, because that is STUPID.

[also, with indoctrination theory, my thought is that the whole scene after you get lazor'd is a hallucination, and if you choose destroy you're shaking the indoctrination off.]

Also, EVERYTHING that happends after the credits [old man talking to kid, the "a winner is you" screen]

NEVER HAPPENED

Yay personal retcons!

Why would Destroy and not Control be a viable option? Heck the only option that fits into the Indoctrination excuse is Synthesize. Which is a total conversion of the Galaxy into syntheto-organic hybrids.

If you choose to take Control over the reapers. Like my Renegade Shepard probably would, why does that mean the reapers keep him in the illusion? Why does Destroy have the rose coloured ending, when in fact the entire destruction could be an illusion and all there would be is Shepard lying on his back laughing and screaming "I did it, I did it" whilst the Reapers clean up what's left of the fleet.

No this was just really really shitty writing waved of with a contradictory logic loop of the main cop out AI bad guy that is contradicted by several possible endings and events in the game itself.

1337mokro:

Zen Toombs:

Caramel Frappe:

.. Wait, what ..?

NEVER HAPPENED

Yay personal retcons!

Why would Destroy and not Control be a viable option? Heck the only option that fits into the Indoctrination excuse is Synthesize. Which is a total conversion of the Galaxy into syntheto-organic hybrids.

If you choose to take Control over the reapers. Like my Renegade Shepard probably would, why does that mean the reapers keep him in the illusion? Why does Destroy have the rose coloured ending, when in fact the entire destruction could be an illusion and all there would be is Shepard lying on his back laughing and screaming "I did it, I did it" whilst the Reapers clean up what's left of the fleet.

No this was just really really shitty writing waved of with a contradictory logic loop of the main cop out AI bad guy that is contradicted by several possible endings and events in the game itself.

No, see the theory is that EVERYTHING past you getting hit with Harbringer's lazor is a hallucination. It could be - and probably is - just terrible writing, but it also had the potential of being something more.

With control, remember that controlling the Reapers is what TIM tried to do, and it would easily be a "you control the reapers - but they control you so it's as if they control themselves".

As for why destroy shows you a "rose coloured ending", remember that you only see Shep breathe if you have the highest levels of War assets, >5000. So in showing Shepard this illusion, they are trying to buy time to crush the reinforcements that would help Shep up.

Also the AI's logic is a mite crazy, but makes a certain degree of sense.

No, I am sorry, but the AI's logic doesn't make any sense at all. Here is what I posted about the ending on this thread a few posts ago

Please, tell mr what's the flaw in my reasoning. I will add that if you consider everything an hallucination, then you can't possibly know what is real, and you can't deduce what's going on, so the choice in the end isn't a choice at all (if someone can make you hallucinate things, then for all you know you never entered the citadel in the first place, which seems to be plausible, if you consider everything since the incident an illusion... The same thing is valid even if the hallucination was caused by the shock. Furthermore, it doesn't make sense that the number of choices is tied to how many points you have, if you consider it an hallucination, in my opinion).

Zen Toombs:

1337mokro:

Zen Toombs:

NEVER HAPPENED

Yay personal retcons!

No, see the theory is that EVERYTHING past you getting hit with Harbringer's lazor is a hallucination. It could be - and probably is - just terrible writing, but it also had the potential of being something more.

With control, remember that controlling the Reapers is what TIM tried to do, and it would easily be a "you control the reapers - but they control you so it's as if they control themselves".

As for why destroy shows you a "rose coloured ending", remember that you only see Shep breathe if you have the highest levels of War assets, >5000. So in showing Shepard this illusion, they are trying to buy time to crush the reinforcements that would help Shep up.

Also the AI's logic is a mite crazy, but makes a certain degree of sense.

Yes I got that. That's why I'm saying it doesn't make sense that only the Destruction ending has the extra bit. There is no sense in the reapers controlling you whilst they control themselves. Have you tried letting a computer run a computer run a computer? It doesn't work. For the same reason why a hypnotist being hypnotised by another hypnotist he is hypnotising will just result in two hypnotists clucking like chickens.

The same way a Reaper controlling Shepard Controlling the Reaper would result in both of them starting braindead in space as they are caught in a negative feedback loop. Btw you just need 4000+ war assets for the destruction ending with the extra bit. Which also doesn't make sense because then Destruction is the only viable option. Which would still go directly against many people's way of playing Shepard. Why can't the Illusive Man be right? He always seemed to be on top of things. Though the reason why he's evil and actively working against you in ME3 also makes no sense.

The logic just isn't there in the AI's explanation and it doesn't make sense. It's the explanation found in a bad 80's direct to VHS sci-fi movie.

"I will kill you because if I don't you will just kill each other."

WAIT WAIT!!! I know where I heard this Bullshit before. This is the fucking plot to Final Fantasy X ( and X2)!!!

"To end all suffering in Spira I will destroy Spira so there is no more suffering" -Seymour

FUCK, Bioware ripped of Final Fantasy, do you see what I mean with shitty writing. It's the ultimate moronic cop out argument.

It also doesn't make sense because this Generation's Artificial Life was one of the most peaceful and caring synthetic life BEFORE the reapers came in and quite literally corrupted their programming. The only reasons synthetics were killing people without a reason was that the reapers made them.

It's circular nonsense logic, which you can't rebut at all. You can't point to the Geth and say. What about them? They basically fought a war in which they took way more casualties than before to allow their creators time to flee the planet when they realized the war was lost and they are now effectively helping us fight you?

Where is the Synthetics killing Organics bullshit the AI is talking about? All of that crap happened out of self defence OR because the Reapers forced them to be their tools. It's complete bullshit. Had the reapers not shown up the Geth would have stayed in their Nebula, maybe sent out an envoy in 200 years to start peace negotiations. But then Sovereign showed it's face. Indoctrinated a part of the Geth to make them believe he is their God and do his bidding.

In fact, had we been allowed to call out the AI on this bullshit there probably would have been less people so annoyed and upset. We are just given a few reasons and facts in the end of the game we just HAVE to accept.

3 Things will always have happened at the end.

TIM is dead.
Joker and the rest of the crew bailed from the fight.
All the Mass Relays get destroyed.

There are exactly 3 endings. All identical, the only thing that changes is the colour of the MR radiation. No matter what you did, what you COULD do if the game didn't lock you on rails. Press button A, B or C to end game.

the director wanted the game to stay with us, he thought such an ending would make sure we'd never forget the series... instead, now i'm actively trying to forget it. I wanna go bash my head into something hard until i forget it all. no more mass effect means no more pain T_T

She.....she's eating ice cream....with her hands.....

XD Dat pillow! Can't stop laughing. Awesome

Caramel Frappe:

Zen Toombs:

.. Wait, what ..?

I believe if you have under 3000 EMS that's the run up you get. Whereas over that you get dead soldiers and the major, with your companions nowhere to be found.

INDOCTRINATION!!!!

You know you have a shitty ending when "it was all a dream" actually makes it better.

I guess I'm still in the denial stage 'cause I'm hoping for DLC that'll fix this mess.

1337mokro:
[quote="Zen Toombs" post="6.353912.14083379"][quote="1337mokro" post="6.353912.14083031"][quote="Zen Toombs" post="6.353912.14072469"][quote="Caramel Frappe" post="6.353912.14071113"][quote="Zen Toombs" post="6.353912.14071057"]Snip

I usually don't indulge in this but:

If you want to start saying who ripped off who, you have to go back a hell of a lot further than Final Fantasy. XD

There are only around 7 unique stories after all.

Anywho, you're absolutely right, the ancient AI's logic makes no sense at all. Which, in my interpretation, is precisely the point.

Look at it this way, the AI never said the Reaper cycle was to save any particular organic species, but rather the purpose was to preserve organic life in general. Also, the Reapers don't kill everyone, only races that are sufficiently advanced. Another hypothetical AI might not be restricted in such a way. So, if an organic race is capable of creating AI, it must be killed off. And you'd have to kill them off before they became more advanced than the tools you're using to kill them. Otherwise, an AI could be created that WOULD destroy everything, rather than just killing everything sufficiently advanced. It creates a nice, orderly cycle that will endlessly repeat itself (until I suppose the galaxy is depleted of resources in a few hundred billion years?). Thus, there is no danger of organics completely wiping themselves out.

And just like a typical machine would, the ancient AI assumes that there can be no deviation from the cycle. It MUST continue to try to impose order on the increasingly chaotic universe, because that's why it was created.

Well, anyhow, that's what I got from the story. I think the games have evidence to support that interpretation.

Now, what I infer implicitly is that the ancient AI must be limited in scope, despite it's age and sophistication because it does not enter the possibility of dialogue with a synthetic race as I viable option, even when the Geth PROVE that it is. That's interesting.

What I think is bullshit about the endings is how they ALL destroy galactic civilization. Not to mention, why the crap is Joker running away? Or why is Javik now back on the ship? He was clearly incinerated in a Reaper blast!

How can you continue the Mass Effect universe in any form if you irreversibly break it in the end of ME3?!?

Meh, enough rage. Guess I'll go play the surprisingly fun multiplayer now. XD

darth gditch:
-snip-

That's basically what I've been trying to explain. Thankye kindly for putting the Reaper's logic in a different way, that hopefully makes more sense to people. ^_^

Caramel Frappe:

Zen Toombs:

.. Wait, what ..?

If you get a higher EMS, than Garrus and Tali will fall through a plot hole and live -- via space magic.

And it will honestly piss you off more, because it will make less sense than this:

Kafloobop:
She.....she's eating ice cream....with her hands.....

In the tub.
That's impressive in and of it's self.

Falsename:
And For This Exact Reason I'm DRINKING TILL I FALL OFF OF THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH!

Drinking Game: Every time you feel sad/disappointed by the result. You take a drink!

Started drinking Saturday 3/10/12.

Ambulance arrived.

Doctors needed to set up an intravenous drip feed of alcohol in order to continue honoring this challenge while I lay unresponsive in the ICU.

darth gditch:

1337mokro:
[quote="Zen Toombs" post="6.353912.14083379"][quote="1337mokro" post="6.353912.14083031"][quote="Zen Toombs" post="6.353912.14072469"][quote="Caramel Frappe" post="6.353912.14071113"][quote="Zen Toombs" post="6.353912.14071057"]Snip

I usually don't indulge in this but:

If you want to start saying who ripped off who, you have to go back a hell of a lot further than Final Fantasy. XD

There are only around 7 unique stories after all.

Anywho, you're absolutely right, the ancient AI's logic makes no sense at all. Which, in my interpretation, is precisely the point.

Look at it this way, the AI never said the Reaper cycle was to save any particular organic species, but rather the purpose was to preserve organic life in general. Also, the Reapers don't kill everyone, only races that are sufficiently advanced. Another hypothetical AI might not be restricted in such a way. So, if an organic race is capable of creating AI, it must be killed off. And you'd have to kill them off before they became more advanced than the tools you're using to kill them. Otherwise, an AI could be created that WOULD destroy everything, rather than just killing everything sufficiently advanced. It creates a nice, orderly cycle that will endlessly repeat itself (until I suppose the galaxy is depleted of resources in a few hundred billion years?). Thus, there is no danger of organics completely wiping themselves out.

And just like a typical machine would, the ancient AI assumes that there can be no deviation from the cycle. It MUST continue to try to impose order on the increasingly chaotic universe, because that's why it was created.

Well, anyhow, that's what I got from the story. I think the games have evidence to support that interpretation.

Now, what I infer implicitly is that the ancient AI must be limited in scope, despite it's age and sophistication because it does not enter the possibility of dialogue with a synthetic race as I viable option, even when the Geth PROVE that it is. That's interesting.

What I think is bullshit about the endings is how they ALL destroy galactic civilization. Not to mention, why the crap is Joker running away? Or why is Javik now back on the ship? He was clearly incinerated in a Reaper blast!

How can you continue the Mass Effect universe in any form if you irreversibly break it in the end of ME3?!?

Meh, enough rage. Guess I'll go play the surprisingly fun multiplayer now. XD

Well of course. If you wanna go into who exactly ripped off who and do an exact study, were eventually going to come down to one story. The Protagonist does something.

But that isn't the point. The point is the exact words, to save you I must kill you. Were spoken in Final Fantasy X and X2. Oh sure there are a ton of movies it's ripping off. But here's the thing. I don't remember those. What I got whilst watching the God Child spout exposition was an image to Seymour, probably cause both characters have equally poorly explained logic and have pissed me off.

The point of a good story is telling you a tale, if the tale is interesting you're not gonna nitpick it. Because it left me so confused (not in the good way), full of questions and dissatisfied I'm gonna put this thing under a microscope and analyse it.

Because the correlation between Mass Effect and Gurren Laggan had been made so often I decided to take another route. That of comparing it to Final Fantasy.

The thing is. The AI takes away from the mystery of the reapers. Harbinger WAS the central enemy at the end of ME2. The Reapers had been given a face and a Name that was supposed to be their leader. At the end of ME2 you had the idea that they were sort of like the Geth, ancient machines created by a now long dead species who programmed in a safety flaw. The fact the reapers can't reproduce themselves, meaning that even in the case of a rebellion the Reapers would die off in about 50k years. However the Reapers found a nice little roundabout way which was using organics as building blocks. Why that worked and not just mining a bit of ore I can't tell you.

Now back to the AI though. A flawed AI controlling the reapers functioning on sci-fi cliché logic, which makes no sense. Unless he was MADE for the specific purpose of protecting organic life, you just assume it was his job to bring order to a chaotic universe, you don't know that, which makes you wonder WHY he was built at all then. Because the guys that built the reapers seemed to be doing dandy till the God Child decided it was time to screw them over with the Reapers. The cycle of logic has to start somewhere.

2001 has an AI with circular logic to, but why he has circular logic is explained. For one he is far less sophisticated and second they fucked up programming the laws of robotics. His number one Priority is not "Get Humans to Jupiter" no it's "Finish the Mission to Jupiter". It makes SENSE why he would kill them. Because in his programming they are 100% expendable. They are not actually an essential part of the mission as much as the malfunctioning coffee machine. To that AI the mission is a success even if the ship lands completely empty.

What gave the God Child the idea to Kill his masters, presumable when he was the synthetic race that killed his own creators, then proceed to take control of the reapers and do this every 50k years. NOTHING. That is the point. He pulls the circular logic out of his ass without explaining events pre-dating it. Why did this kid start the cycle? The first time he did it wasn't because synthetics were killing organics, after all if he didn't do it synthetics would not kill organics.

The thing about allowing organic life to thrive is nonsense to. When the Geth started their killings. What did they do? Did they go about conquering the Galaxy. Not really. They withdrew to their homeplanet in an isolated nebula and help radio silence for hundreds of years. Why did they come out of the nebula? Because the reapers instigated a civil war between them and indoctrinated part of the Geth into serving them.

The only time organic life was faced with actual extinction was when some species created the God Child. We always come back to the fact that if the reapers hadn't done anything. About 9/10 of the cycles would have probably concluded in peace between synthetics and organics, with far fewer casualties than if the Reapers swept the broom through the Galaxy.

Not to mention the fact that evolution doesn't guarantee the production of sentient races every 50k cycle (which is an INCREDIBLY short time on the evolutionary scale). Would that mean the reapers would die out? After all all of the Reapers are Prothean based Reapers, it's safe to say they can only reproduce using organics. The entire Reaper fleet would die out or have severely reduced numbers for the next cycle, what are they going to do? Harvest the Shifty Space Cow from ME1?

As you can tell Allot of questions, with no answer, no CHANCE of getting an answer except being nickel and dimmed for DLC. All you and I did was speculate on probable explanations. The fact we both have been thinking about this and trying to find explanations shows just how unrewarding the ending is. It doesn't even have the decency to explain itself.

Am I saying I always need an answer, no some things can go unexplained, you don't have to give me an answer on why anyone would think teaming up an Elcor and a Space Jellyfish (blanked on the name) into a buddy cop movie would sell. I don't need an exact reason why the Elcor walk on four legs rather than having no legs and moving like snails, after all. If you have no legs there is no chance of falling to your death on your extreme gravity planet.

That's a bit of silly fun and some things you just have to accept have no answer, they just are like that because the artist drew em like that. However if you introduce basically the Mastermind of the entire game into the last 10 minutes of your game. You are gonna raise questions. Questions that Need answering. None of the questions pertaining to this weird God Child were answered except for a hand wave circular logic monologue of exposition.

Acceptance: File a FTC and BBB complaint for false advertisement and get on with your life. http://www.gamepur.com/news/7426-fans-filing-ftc-complaints-against-ea-after-mass-effect-3-ending.html

I wasn't too happy with the ending until I heard of indoctrination theory.

Now I think BioWare are pure geniuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEKLhvCCVA&feature=player_embedded ... just listened to the lyrics and thought of ME3 ending...

just saying.

I have to disagree with this comic.

It's more like:

1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Anger (cont)
4) Anger (cont)
5) Anger (cont)

I see Tali isn't the only one with a Garrus hugpillow.

Okay I know I'm late to this but, OMG what that Garrus pillow!!! Need more of that sexy turian. T^T
I already feel jipped as it is that we didn't get to see him at least partially nude. The humans sure didn't hold anything back. =/

This couldn't be more true! I was shocked when the final credits rolled... All that time, all that emotional investment... I felt totally abandoned by the game. I even had an irrational desire to go back, starting with the first game, and see if I could do anything different to affect the outcome. I just wish there was a better way it could have ended/continued

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here