Unskippable: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Pages PREV 1 2

I disagree graham. You could very well wake up in a room that you had gone to sleep in that was perfectly fine and safe, then wake up with the walls, floors, and your bed coated in wasps (which happened to me and a friend once). Absolutely terrifying.

or, you know, you could wake up under a mound of dead spider corpses.

Heh, exactly what I thought when I played the demo. 'Shoes. I need shoes.' *finds cheap shoes in l00t* 'YES I'M NEVER TAKING THESE OFF'

LadyRhian:
When I see any kind of green in my fire, for some reason, I think "disease".

Weird, I just think 'barium chloride'.

I can easily think of worse places to wake up than a pile of corpses.

A pile of zombies for instance.

Technically you're a zombie in this game.

I'm guessing the main character got pushed into the same pit where 38 Studios recently dumped all its employees.

LadyRhian:
When I see any kind of green in my fire, for some reason, I think "disease".

I think "copper" or "boron", depending on the shade.

Also, Fireworks!

Square1:
Funny as always :)

Though no "bring out your dead" Python reference for the cart scene? Low hanging fruit is the most delicious!

hahaha I had that reference in my head too
too bad they didn't go for it :P

That didn't look very good but I kind of feel compelled to buy the game anyway out of a sense of civic duty. And I don't even live in Rhode Island!

itsausernamewhatofit:

Biodeamon:
well that would explain why no one plays yu-gi-oh anymore...
they all died

I play Yu-Gi-Oh...
(Oh and for those unfamiliar in the context of the original series Yu-Gi-Oh was often played to the death, Shadow Duels and whatnot)

Fun fact, Originally these were the kind of games that the protagonist would play:

Clearly in order to market this to the youth some changes had to be made

I want to read more of that...

Binnsyboy:

itsausernamewhatofit:

Biodeamon:
well that would explain why no one plays yu-gi-oh anymore...
they all died

I play Yu-Gi-Oh...
(Oh and for those unfamiliar in the context of the original series Yu-Gi-Oh was often played to the death, Shadow Duels and whatnot)

Fun fact, Originally these were the kind of games that the protagonist would play:

Highly recommend it, even if just for the laughs. You can find scans around the internet or last I checked Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon stock it.
http://www.amazon.com/Yu-Gi-Oh-Vol-1-Kazuki-Takahashi/dp/1569319030/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_pap?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338318968&sr=1-1

itsausernamewhatofit:

Binnsyboy:

itsausernamewhatofit:
I play Yu-Gi-Oh...

Highly recommend it, even if just for the laughs. You can find scans around the internet or last I checked Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon stock it.
http://www.amazon.com/Yu-Gi-Oh-Vol-1-Kazuki-Takahashi/dp/1569319030/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_pap?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338318968&sr=1-1

So it's really just the standard Yugioh manga?

Binnsyboy:

itsausernamewhatofit:

Binnsyboy:

So it's really just the standard Yugioh manga?

Well yes and no. The first 7 volumes are like that with only a couple actual card games (although nobody ever played by any discernible rules and the loser was often driven insane). After the first seven they ditched the psychotic gambler bit for a more friendly card driven story. Most people know the show though and that part was sort of brushed over by most networks. It exists (heavily edited though) but they pretty much just started the story over to be exclusively about trading cards.

So a mention of Rhode Island, but no reference to a bloody sock (of which there were surely more than a few in that pile).

there was way too much logic in that video... it was awesome!

duchaked:

Square1:
Funny as always :)

Though no "bring out your dead" Python reference for the cart scene? Low hanging fruit is the most delicious!

hahaha I had that reference in my head too
too bad they didn't go for it :P

I agree; anytime is a good time for a Python reference regardless of how obvious it is.

And now for something completely different...

TheMann:
I'm guessing the main character got pushed into the same pit where 38 Studios recently dumped all its employees.

I literally laughed out loud.

TheMann:

Actually those bodies are the 38 Studious employees. It was cheaper to kill them.

And I'm glad I recognised this as "Unskippable material" as soon as I played the demo of it.

The only thing worse than waking up in a pile of dead bodies, is waking up in a sepptic tank.

It would also suck to drown in portapotty, but thats irelivent in this case.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here