Miracle of Sound: Miracle of Sound Live Concert at Escapist Expo

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

A bit disappointed that the live show had bits of the videos thrown in. Also, for some reason at the 40 or so minute mark the video refused to load any more, and it took me about an hour of trying to load it before I could resume watching (that may have been due to my computer though).

Anyway, still fun, gotta try to attend next year.

Susan Arendt:
As awesome as the video is, it doesn't begin to do the energy of that room justice. Such an incredible night!

Agreed. Of all the great panels, incredible people, and awesome games that were present at the Expo, the concert was certainly the highlight for me. (I'm the doofus in the white baseball cap present in a few shots.)

Thank you, Susan, for all the hard work you did behind the scenes over the weekend. You more than deserved the chanting at the concert. I hope you've caught up on your sleep...

soren7550:
A bit disappointed that the live show had bits of the videos thrown in.

Well it was either that or see the camera fumbling as I moved. Figured most would prefer the former.

Slycne:

soren7550:
A bit disappointed that the live show had bits of the videos thrown in.

Well it was either that or see the camera fumbling as I moved. Figured most would prefer the former.

Makes sense. Still, felt a bit duped. "All right, I can finally see the live concert! Wait, why is the video for the song playing? Are they just going to have the concert audio play over the video?"

Obviously that didn't happen, else I'd be very pissed. Luckily, that didn't, leaving all my pissed off-ness for the boyfriend who decided to barge in with his friends as I was getting my pj's on.

I wish I could've been in that room. Unfortunately I'm both on the other side of the world and a student.

Damn, who paid money for a band that doesn't exist?

These guys did, at the eSCAPIST eXPO.

They Also forgot about the EA hate... and even if it was just for an hour or so.... that's awesome.

Oh yeah, none of the pansy people at the Expo know what a 'pit' is or should be. Double shame on anyone of you that thinks you have anything remotely close to something being hardcore.

Epic face palm fail wimp reaction action insert here.... file that away with shame. Fucking lame ass shame fills this moment in time. (Catchy songs tho, wish I was there)

Sober Thal:

I'm just guessing here, but you seem more jealous than I am that you weren't in that room.

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

I'm just guessing here, but you seem more jealous than I am that you weren't in that room.

Keep guessing dood.

I'm commenting on the first 25 minutes so far, of an hour or so long event.

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

Keep guessing dood.

So you were at the concert? Man, am I ever jealous.

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Keep guessing dood.

Jealous of what? Seeing a karaoke?

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

Keep guessing dood.

Karaoke? Were you at the right concert?

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

First half hour of Gavs show is a non performance musically, only singing karaoke. Not sure of the rest, I'm still watching it dood.

Not sure what you're on about here. I'm just commenting on what is 'so far'.

Gav has a great voice. But it sucks he has no band. A live show would have been fucking awesome.

Sober Thal:
snip

The rest of the equipment is from the previous acts. Miracle of Sound has always just been Gavin, baring a few specific cases.

Am I the only one who was excited to see the crowds and pick myself out of it?

The concert was fantastic, loved getting to not only see Gav play live, but talk to him and hang out with him and everything. I felt bad that the room didn't go dance crazy, but what else did you expect from a bunch of folks at a game convention? I play games cause I CAN'T dance...lol...energy and excitement of the room was amazing and I can't WAIT for next year...hopefully we have lots of fun new songs to sing along with Gav during it!

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

First half hour of Gafs show is a non performance musically, only singing karaoke. Not sure of the rest, I'm still watching it dood.

Not sure what you're on about here. I'm just commenting on what is.

Gaf has a great voice. But it sucks he has no band. A live show would have been fucking awesome.

Also, who's "Gaf"?
His name is Gavin, a name oft shortened to Gav.

Slycne:

Sober Thal:
snip

The rest of the equipment is from the previous acts. Miracle of Sound has always just been Gavin.

Oh yeah? Sweet L.A. is just Gav?

I don't think/know so...

Just sayin.

Gav has given credit to other musicians in the past for playing in his tracks.... I'm just wishing they were present here for the now. Savvy?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought he called himself Gaf. I went back and edited some of my posts to name him Gav instead.

Sober Thal:

Slycne:

Sober Thal:
snip

The rest of the equipment is from the previous acts. Miracle of Sound has always just been Gavin.

I don't think/know so...

Just sayin.

Gav has given credit to other musicians in the past for playing in his tracks.... I'm just wishing they were present here for the now. Savvy?

I'm going to point out the obvious fact here, that Justin's a staff member, and leave you to it.

Sober Thal:

As I said, baring a few specific cases Gavin is playing or synthesizing all the instruments and mixing them together. Baring one of those crazy one-man band get-ups, it'd be hard for him to play them all at once.

Slycne:

Sober Thal:

As I said, baring a few specific cases Gavin is playing or synthesizing all the instruments and mixing them together. Baring one of those crazy one-man band get-ups, it'd be hard for him to play them all at once.

What gets you, or what you consider to be.... hard... isn't what I'm talking about. Crazy one-man band get-ups have nothing to do with what MoS does either. I could link you a creative artist if you'd like, but that isn't my point.

I just wanted to see something more than a karaoke. I didn't get that, so I felt the need to say so. Gav is still a talented guy. I still like what he does. I just thought he could have gotten more together for this live expo show, is all.

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

Slycne:

I don't think/know so...

Just sayin.

I'm going to point out the obvious fact here, that Justin's a staff member, and leave you to it.

Who the fuck is Justin, and why in God's name would you want to 'leave' anyone to me?

Jack O'Rourke, Gary Baus...

Thems some guys to bring up, eh????

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

I don't think/know so...

Just sayin.

Who the fuck is Justin?

I'm so sorry.

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Who the fuck is Justin?

I'm so sorry.

It's okay. I don't blame you for anything negative here. (or the mystery Justin dood)

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

Who the fuck is Justin?

I'm so sorry.

It's okay. I don't blame you for anything negative here. (or the mystery Justin dood)

No, I'm sorry for whatever may befall you because of your ignorance as to who Justin Clouse is.

Susan Arendt:
As awesome as the video is, it doesn't begin to do the energy of that room justice. Such an incredible night!

It didn't bother you that it was just an elaborate karaoke play?

The best karaoke I've seen ever, but still...

[The]Rock:

Sober Thal:

[The]Rock:
I'm so sorry.

No, I'm sorry for whatever may befall you because of your ignorance as to who Justin Clouse is.

Isn't he a guy from Loading Ready Run? What does he have to do with this?

Sober Thal:

Susan Arendt:

It didn't bother you that it was just an elaborate karaoke play?

Now the bosslady? You are much braver than I.

Nord Mead without a mug of something hearty and alcoholic is a sin. I would have been wishing there was a 2 drink minimum or some concessions.

Anyways thanks to the Escapist staff for putting this out there for us to see (or listen to as we play GW2).

I liked what I saw (the vid cut out for me about 30 minutes in)

I do think the performance would have been better if you guy could have just hired some session guys, to just play the music during the live performance.

CheckD3:
Am I the only one who was excited to see the crowds and pick myself out of it?

The concert was fantastic, loved getting to not only see Gav play live, but talk to him and hang out with him and everything. I felt bad that the room didn't go dance crazy, but what else did you expect from a bunch of folks at a game convention? I play games cause I CAN'T dance...lol...energy and excitement of the room was amazing and I can't WAIT for next year...hopefully we have lots of fun new songs to sing along with Gav during it!

So jealous right now! Only dance I can do (apart from caramelldansen) is waltz, so when y'all started I almost died.

jeremiah.appleman:

TheCaptain:

VeryOddGamer:
Yes. A tour of Northern Europe. Because no one cares about Southern Europe.

There's a Southern Europe?
...but all kidding aside, I'm willing to share. Hey, he could play one of those metal cruises like 70.000 Tons Of Metal, Wacken Cruise or Sabatan Cruise. Playing Zombie Holiday.

Miracle of Sound world tour 2013?

And why the hell not? ;-)

TheCaptain:

jeremiah.appleman:

TheCaptain:

There's a Southern Europe?
...but all kidding aside, I'm willing to share. Hey, he could play one of those metal cruises like 70.000 Tons Of Metal, Wacken Cruise or Sabatan Cruise. Playing Zombie Holiday.

Miracle of Sound world tour 2013?

And why the hell not? ;-)

World tour, eh?
I'm so there.

Sober Thal:
EDIT: It Sickens me that you twats raised fucking cell phones to the live singing that Gav preformed.

Shame on all you silly children. Grow he fuck up, and embrace fire. It's this thing that kinda can make you human, and all. Raising techno shit fucks the whole mood and the whole song. Not that Gav will call you out on it... just sayin doods./

Not sure if serious.

Not everyone carries a lighter around you know? I found it extremely appropriate that in the age we live in and the fact that it was a concert with gaming songs that people used DSs, phones and other digital devices to simulate the effect.

Oh man, If this happens again next next year, I am -so- there, even if I have to smuggle myself into the states to get there.

Sober Thal:
EDIT: It Sickens me that you twats raised fucking cell phones to the live singing that Gav preformed.

Shame on all you silly children. Grow he fuck up, and embrace fire. It's this thing that kinda can make you human, and all. Raising techno shit fucks the whole mood and the whole song. Not that Gav will call you out on it... just sayin doods./

Didn't look it up, but there's probably an app for that. 'd that be a compromise you could live with? :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here