The Angles

Pages PREV 1 2

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Clankenbeard:

Punch You:
Are we just going to mention all the escapist's old shows now?

The ad in the comic is a spoof of the name of the new game "Dishonored", which is published by Bethesda, who makes the new Fallout games, which was spoofed by the old escapist show "Apocalypse Lane".

So... "Apocalypse Lane" reference!

"Indishonorable" will clearly be a dog of a game. Therefore "Game Dogs". (SHUDDER!) Still better than "Creature Caster Master" (I think it was). Doesn't matter. All web series pale in comparrison to "Doraleous & Associates" which Hank and Jed are now slowly releasing on YouTube in an attempt to crowd fund another season.

You shudder at "Game Dogs"? Really? You obviously didn't live through the audio and visual nightmare that was Lisa Foilles. That show couldn't of been more annoying if she stopped every five seconds to poke you in the face with a razor.

The Lisa Foiles series actually improved over the course of it's 5 episode run. At first Lisa forgot she had real gamer cred and pandered to a male audience with her shameless flaunting her of femaleness, assuming that her audience would not mind being insulted because we're all mindless boys who will listen to a pair of tits for as long as possible, irrespective of the content.

I think she really found her stride around episode 4, but by then the damage was done and the negative backlash killed her motivation to do more videos.

Plus there was that whole controversy last year with Extra Credits leaving and revelations that the Escapist (allegedly) wasn't paying most of their content-producers on time (if at all).

Game Dogs however was just the most agonising, poorly produced and poorly scripted thing I have ever watched, and I'd like you to keep in mind that I find the movie Hackers genuinely entertaining.

Capcom... free ?! This bears more looking into because it's impossible.

So, when does "Chopping Things In Half With An Axe" premier. That seems like a totally awesome and perfectly legitimate video series for people with an interest in gaming journalism.

This reminds me of the time Angry Joe Interviewed one of the devs working on the game back in mid-2012:
Joe: "So will there be any On-Disk DLC?"
RE6 Dev: "No comment"
Me: "Congrats Capcom, you just lost many sales months before release!" :D

Funny how they said they would stop with this practice, then proceed to doing it to Resident Evil instead of Street Fighter, now everyone isn't "shocked" but are now shocked...speaking of future Capcom titles... RIP DMC franchise. Your eventual poor sales were seen coming many eons ago.

Whatever Capcom does with Resident Evil at this point, people will be shocked.

How they are shocked is entirely up with Capcom. However, forgive me for being cynical, but I'm not expecting a positive change.

Darth_Payn:

I think it's just a jab at the DISHONORED ads plastered all over the escapist. The very same game whose 30-sec trailers with the creepy girl singing delay our videos!

Adblock plus is your friend, son. One-30 second download and no ads forever. Now with 40% less spyware!

I'm kidding about the spyware.There was no reduction.

Kermi:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Clankenbeard:

"Indishonorable" will clearly be a dog of a game. Therefore "Game Dogs". (SHUDDER!) Still better than "Creature Caster Master" (I think it was). Doesn't matter. All web series pale in comparrison to "Doraleous & Associates" which Hank and Jed are now slowly releasing on YouTube in an attempt to crowd fund another season.

You shudder at "Game Dogs"? Really? You obviously didn't live through the audio and visual nightmare that was Lisa Foilles. That show couldn't of been more annoying if she stopped every five seconds to poke you in the face with a razor.

The Lisa Foiles series actually improved over the course of it's 5 episode run. At first Lisa forgot she had real gamer cred and pandered to a male audience with her shameless flaunting her of femaleness, assuming that her audience would not mind being insulted because we're all mindless boys who will listen to a pair of tits for as long as possible, irrespective of the content.

I think she really found her stride around episode 4, but by then the damage was done and the negative backlash killed her motivation to do more videos.

Plus there was that whole controversy last year with Extra Credits leaving and revelations that the Escapist (allegedly) wasn't paying most of their content-producers on time (if at all).

Game Dogs however was just the most agonising, poorly produced and poorly scripted thing I have ever watched, and I'd like you to keep in mind that I find the movie Hackers genuinely entertaining.

First impressions mean a lot. I watch the first two episodes, and never looked back. It was awful. I think Jim Sterling has improved as well, but after the first three episodes he did, I can't look at his videos with a straight face either.

Punch You:
Is "Chopping Things in Half with an Axe" a jab at Loading Ready Run's old series "Daily Drop"?

I had two first thoughts about this.....

Punch You:
Is "Chopping Things in Half with an Axe" a jab at Loading Ready Run's old series "Daily Drop"?

I don't know, but I would be very interested in seeing LRR coming out with Daily Axe.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Yes, I stand by my shudder. Game Dogs was produced and animated by the folks at The Escapist. I believe it was one of their first original series. The animation was actually pretty good. The voice acting was fine. But the scripts were poor (in my opinion). I kept waiting for something to gel for me and it never did. I watched every episode. Season 2 was a train wreck of panicked patching to try to please the disapproving masses. In the end, I wasn't sad to see it go.

I also watched every episode of Lisa Foiles. Her show was low on content, high on opinion every week. But she put some decent production value into her show with the frequent cut-aways and little one liners. She was well spoken and charismatic. I think her show was fluff. But she milked her gamer girl sex appeal well and appeared to have a general intrest in gaming. How broad was her gaming experience? Couldn't say. Her weekly top 5 lists seemed to reference a lot of the same games.

Game Dogs: Tried really hard and still failed for me.
Lisa Foiles Top 5: Didn't try a lot and still failed for me.

Honestly, if I have to rank The Escapist shows from best to worst, Lisa Foiles Top 5 falls below Game Dogs. But I see Game Dogs as an A list movie that failed and Lisa Foiles as a B list movie that failed. I find razor-face poking to be a bit worse.

There. Thread repeatedly derailed.

Is it bad that I want to learn more about "Chopping Things in Half with an Axe"?

Here are some topics I'd like them to cover:

-The perfect axe for (place apocalyptic scenario, RPG Game, relationship, or tree type here)

-Double-Bladed vs. Single Blade: Does it REALLY matter?

-Spotlight On: Lizzy Borden, an advocate against Mother and Father's Day

-How to get your axe sharp enough to split a hair... or the head the hair's on!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here