Bungie's Words of Destiny

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

My Body is ready

YYYYYeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gameplay looks like standard halo fair
Visuals impressive so far
If they can deliver extras and some decent plot then it should be good

I'm more interested in the big sphere though, anyone else think of Lilith's Black moon from NGE?

They is all gonna be tang guys

ramboondiea:

GodofTheForge:
"need for a constant internet connection"

.......really guys? really? did diablo 3 teach us nothing?

sorry if someone disagrees with me, but I think it's that kind of stuff that's unhealthy to modern gaming

to be fair, this game is basically an mmo (or so it appears from what they have said) so it need to be always online like other mmo for loads of reasons.

anyway ot, the game sounds interesting, but it i do doubt it will be on pc, the attitude at bungie seems to be against it (from what i have read any) which is a shame because its a fps mmo. pc is basically made for that kind of game.

i do have to disagree with the attitude that its going to be some revolution, as it just seems like a standard mmo just with guns, i mean they have basically introduced the rouge, wizard and fighter classes already, just with different names, but i am interested how this social media things going to shape up (badly is my guess)

Looking less like an MMO and more like an almalgamation of red dead redemptions free roam system and journey's multiplayer system. If done properly it is a very intriguing idea. And yeah, wiht that being a fundamental part of the game, it kinda has to be always online.

Kalezian:

BabySinclair:
Hype, hype, hype, wait... no PC? Whelp that ruins the hype for me.

I never quite figured out that mentality:

A game isn't on the (console of choice/computer), therefore I shall never play it.

Makes me think people that say that miss out on some the the best games available.

Being that I own neither the 360 nor PS3? Yeah, going to be hard for me to play it.

lord Claincy Ffnord:

ramboondiea:

GodofTheForge:
"need for a constant internet connection"

.......really guys? really? did diablo 3 teach us nothing?

sorry if someone disagrees with me, but I think it's that kind of stuff that's unhealthy to modern gaming

to be fair, this game is basically an mmo (or so it appears from what they have said) so it need to be always online like other mmo for loads of reasons.

anyway ot, the game sounds interesting, but it i do doubt it will be on pc, the attitude at bungie seems to be against it (from what i have read any) which is a shame because its a fps mmo. pc is basically made for that kind of game.

i do have to disagree with the attitude that its going to be some revolution, as it just seems like a standard mmo just with guns, i mean they have basically introduced the rouge, wizard and fighter classes already, just with different names, but i am interested how this social media things going to shape up (badly is my guess)

Looking less like an MMO and more like an almalgamation of red dead redemptions free roam system and journey's multiplayer system. If done properly it is a very intriguing idea. And yeah, wiht that being a fundamental part of the game, it kinda has to be always online.

considering how close they are keeping their cards to there chest, its really unknown how they are going to implemented it yet, i mean there's talk of central mmo like towns where everyone is together, along with instanced planets for drop in play, or maybe its procedurally generated worlds where you have to invite people (the whole texting social media aspect)

also from how they were talking about there need for control over the worlds (so they can deliver this constantly expanding game) definatly strike me as more classic mmo style so they can control the game easier by only having a handful of servers to deal with, instead of the demonsouls or journeys personal servers. but like i said, the amount of information on this game is ridiculous minuscule considering they are aiming for a 2013 release.

got to the top of the second page, read that i will play with other people, then stopped reading. Nothing ruins good games like other people

Not on PC? I won't play. I've made an honest go at using a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse to play FPS games, and it's just no good for me. I cannot escape the plodding sensation of driving a dump truck when using a controller.

I cannot fathom how Bungie are turning their backs on so much money by not producing this game for PC as well. There's a lot of people out there looking for a good sci-fi shooty game right now.

ramboondiea:

lord Claincy Ffnord:

ramboondiea:

considering how close they are keeping their cards to there chest, its really unknown how they are going to implemented it yet, i mean there's talk of central mmo like towns where everyone is together, along with instanced planets for drop in play, or maybe its procedurally generated worlds where you have to invite people (the whole texting social media aspect)

also from how they were talking about there need for control over the worlds (so they can deliver this constantly expanding game) definatly strike me as more classic mmo style so they can control the game easier by only having a handful of servers to deal with, instead of the demonsouls or journeys personal servers. but like i said, the amount of information on this game is ridiculous minuscule considering they are aiming for a 2013 release.

True, that wa just my take on what's been shown so far, and their instance that it isn't an mmo.

I might be interested, but Halo is not exactly the gold standard of storytelling so all this hype does nothing for me. Also this console generation is so close to cover it's a bleeding waste to release something as ambitious as this on this gen. This is doubly true when you see how little they have to actually show us.

We can only hope that they're joshing us about the PS3, 360 releases and will move directly to the next gen. After it actually comes out though I'll be able to make an educated guess about this.

MDSnowman:
I might be interested, but Halo is not exactly the gold standard of storytelling so all this hype does nothing for me. Also this console generation is so close to cover it's a bleeding waste to release something as ambitious as this on this gen. This is doubly true when you see how little they have to actually show us.

We can only hope that they're joshing us about the PS3, 360 releases and will move directly to the next gen. After it actually comes out though I'll be able to make an educated guess about this.

Well, it's apparently going to be a multiple game series, so it sounds completely possible that it will be released in different generations. Hell, they did that with the Halo series going from the Original Xbox to the 360. What's going to stop them from doing the same for the 360 and 720.

I, for one, am extremely intrigued and will be looking forward to more information from Bungie. If they follow through with another game-changer, it might just be enough to end the tyranny of the copy/paste Modern FPS

The traveler is Durandal.

That is all.

(Have no idea why I said this? Check out the Bungie mythos.)

StriderShinryu:
I don't know exactly what to think given that it's a lot of big talk but little real content. It's sort of like a verbal version of a teaser trailer. As a concept, though, it sounds all well and good with some neat details.

I am curious about the choice to do it on 360/PS3 though. That seems like a mistake to me at this point given that we're likely to see at least one next gen system by the end of the year.

Yeah but how many people are gonna own it? Not everyone is an early adopter. It makes sense to release a game for a console that already has a large, established user base.

Another console shooter, I was hopping they'd make something for the PC.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here