Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 with Lisa Foiles Returns

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

It's nice that Lisa has finally found the time to come back to the Escapist

I wasn't a huge fan, but I know some people wanted her back so I'm happy for them.

I'll probably see a few and judge if I want to keep watching.

Wolcik:

Is that why she left, because she didn't have the time anymore?

A large dose of charisma and style about to be injected into The Escapist: Lisa Foiles returns.

She should do a top 5 of her top 5's.

The BEST NEWS of this year as is I've missed youu saw all of your wids fourteen times soo yeah... Good...

El Portero:
With those other clowns making top-whatever lists on this site, I've seen a lot of people clamoring for Lisa Foiles lately. So good timing, I guess.

its entirely possible the escapist staff have noticed so many people longing for the old Top 5s, contacted Lisa and she said yes. so in a sense its possible that you folks brought her back.

Father Time:

Wolcik:

Is that why she left, because she didn't have the time anymore?

Thats what Lisa herself have said on Medial Sandwitch episode 6(?) last year.

WOHOO, she is back :D
missed her show and for sure better then the other top 5 the other guys do.

welcome back girl. we sure missed you :D

ShadowKatt:
Yeah, I had no use for this series before, and I don't now. SO much of the popularity seems to be less about content and more eye candy. If she did it in a format more like the Big Picture or ZP, I wonder if it would have the same following it does now.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this

The "new" Escapist shows (except for one or two, like Movie Defense Force or something) suck REALLY BAD. It's very nice to see a show that used to be great coming back, I hope Lisa keeps up with her older self (or younger, depends of the point of view) :) Her show rocked. I miss Extra Credits as well, but at least we can see them at Penny Arcade...

Yey!!!! Welcome back. I really liked the original episodes and enjoyed the show.

Milanezi:
I miss Extra Credits as well

Me too.

When I first saw a still from one of her top 5's I was thinking: That body. That face. This is not about the contents and I got mad for having women portrayed as eyecandy only. And then I watched the show and was greatly entertained, found a smart presenter with a great sense of humor who seemed genuine and caring about what she talked. Yes she toys with her good looks and why not - it's a visual medium and even though I am a straight girl, I love watching beautiful women being happily nerdy and self conscious.
So, thank you for showing me how prejudiced I was and getting this entertaining show back. I always wondered, why this show stopped in the first place.

Welcome back, Lisa Foiles : )

Azaraxzealot:
I'd much rather have Doraleous and Associates back :( shit was HILARIOUS!

This though? Just seems pandering and unimaginative. I agree with the Ashly Burch school of thought in that I can't take anyone seriously when they try to look hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUgSWlCoTE

I don't think that is what she was trying to do, it's certainly more imaginative than SmoshGame's output, I think they got tired of all the comments on those videos referring to Lisa Foiles but as ever HAWP have a good point. I don't think this is quite the same as "booth babes".

Instead I tend to agree with this:

Proverbial Jon:
Well this is genuinely good news. I'm not usually a big fan of top 5 videos but I can't deny that Lisa brought a certain charm that made them truly enjoyable to watch, especially with oft irreverent skits in-between.

Welcome back!

I think it goes some way to bringing back more comedy skits.
However I do miss Doraleous and Associates, I love animated comedy series like that.
Cartoon Hangover doesn't quite fill the void =[

I never expected to be glad to see Foiles back, but seeing the ruinous, terrible, uninspired mess of a show after she left actually made me yearn for the...old days.

Yosharian:

ShadowKatt:
Yeah, I had no use for this series before, and I don't now. SO much of the popularity seems to be less about content and more eye candy. If she did it in a format more like the Big Picture or ZP, I wonder if it would have the same following it does now.

I used to think this, but I've since gathered that Foiles does have a passion for her subject, rather than being some model they threw on the screen to pose a bit for the crowds. That's what matters the most to me. So what if she is good looking, or that some escapists only watch her show for the eye candy? She doesn't push it down our throats, she just presents to the camera like Graham and Paul.

I'll probably end up getting into this show, if only as a reaction to the previous uninspiring, insipid blokes who bored the hell out of us before.

maninahat:

Yosharian:

ShadowKatt:

I used to think this, but I've since gathered that Foiles does have a passion for her subject, rather than being some model they threw on the screen to pose a bit for the crowds. That's what matters the most to me. So what if she is good looking, or that some escapists only watch her show for the eye candy? She doesn't push it down our throats, she just presents to the camera like Graham and Paul.

I'll probably end up getting into this show, if only as a reaction to the previous uninspiring, insipid blokes who bored the hell out of us before.

I think there's rather a lot more going on in her shows than 'presenting' to the camera, but whatever man. I don't really care.

Wandrecanada:
Always enjoy Lisa Foiles. Saw her appear in a role on Leverage (an amazing TV series) and she was fantastical. I await the triumphant return.

Was she the one in that episode where Parker was auditioning to be a pharmacutical rep and Lisa was like the interviewer person?

Damn... I have a good memory

OT: Glad to have her back!:) Liked her show more than ZP or Jim to be honest.

maninahat:

Yosharian:

ShadowKatt:

Lisa has always had a genuineness to her that I do not get from some others in the industry. Her goal has always seemed to be to engage and inspire her audience in one way or another, rather than forwarding some agenda. She does it because she loves it, plain and simple, and that's what sets her apart from some of the other dross that's out there. So I agree with maninahat, here, and I'm glad to see her back.

One word. YYYYaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!

Seriously, she put more effort and enthusiasm into a single episode than those current guys have their entire series. Great to see her back :)

To people saying she's just eye candy. It's true that she is attractive, but she's also pretty genuine about her vids providing both some insight and humor. Watch a few episodes then say if you still feel the same way. Dismissing her just because she is attractive would be a big mistake.

Awesome!
I always found her series to be the funniest one on the site.

Sorry Yahtzee but your shtick got old after about 10 episodes.
ZP is entertaining but I can't remember the last time I've laughed out loud watching it.

Jim Stearling's troll humour isn't my style.
I enjoy his genuine commentary but I have to endure the childish troll humour to get to it.

It pleases me that this series returns; I was rather fond of it back when it came out.

It's great to see you back. The Escapist Ms. Foiles. Remag doesn't load very well on my IPad.

Oh a pointless trailer instead of a episode... good start I guess.

Suggested episode: Top 5 bra designs.

Welcome back, Lisa!! :D

This is fantastic news! Can it be Tuesday yet?

You're bringing the cat back, too, right?

Akratus:
She should do a top 5 of her top 5's.

META! Why had this not occurred to me? You win TEH TOP 5 INTERWEBZ!

Welcome back Lisa. Please include plenty of "wacky" in your show. Perhaps you should do a show in a parka and balaclava to prove that your content is not viewed based solely on your CHA stat.

This makes me quite happy. Not only do we get our perky Lisa back to give her Top Five lists that aren't pretentious, but it's not going to be a cruel April Fools joke after all!

Lovesfool:

Milanezi:
I miss Extra Credits as well

Me too.

They left, but they didn't stop.

This was one of my favorite shows! Tuesdays just got better

I don't know who she is :/
I've been on this site for while now and I've never seen or herd a single video of hers, so um .... yay maybe
I dunno its a show about lists of things in various games I mean I don't get the hype

This pleases me.
She is quite a piece of work.

PreviouslyPwned:
Lisa Foiles makes me happy in my pants area.

Exactly my problem. I never liked Lisa's videos. They're pandering unappealing and to me. There's something about her schoolgirlish actions and the way she stands with her hands on her hips that turns me off watching, and really the intellectual content of her videos is slim to none. Which would be fine if I found them entertaining, but I really don't.

Yay! Welcome back Lisa. You were missed.

Huh...so counting downwards is a viable business-model again?

Good to know.

Bepo_Bear:
I don't know who she is :/
I've been on this site for while now and I've never seen or herd a single video of hers, so um .... yay maybe
I dunno its a show about lists of things in various games I mean I don't get the hype

Your page says:

May want to change your definition of "while now," chief. Lisa's Top Five came to a halt almost two years ago. Anyway, I won't claim it's the best series ever, but it never failed to put a smile on my face. Give it a try and pick one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here