Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I don't care where you are, you should be ready to attend to my every needs when concerning my weekly need to watch the one funny thing on the internet that I haven't already watched sixteen thousand times!!!

awww I was really hoping for a new video! BAD ESCAPIST! BAD!

Love it! Keep up the awesome work! =)

BOO!
BOO!
*Throws a rotten tomato in the general direction of the escapist staff*

It's only fair that the next *real* episode should be twice as long as this *antique*.

The only thing that disturbs me is that in the ads at the end of the clip, it says "New Videos All Week" and then proceeds to show the titles which leads you to think these are the series that are getting new videos all week... including Zero Punctuation... which didn't get a new video this week... it got an old one.

But then, knowing the style of humor that The Escapist shapes itself around, I can't help but wonder if they weren't twisting the knife on all those that they knew would cry "Foul!" at the ZP Rerun. Perhaps it was an anticipatory strike... their way of saying "We will screw with your minds for a week by claiming to have 'New Videos All Week', and lay that claim in the very video that isn't new, but old, and there's nothing you can do about it."

As for commenting on the content of the rerun itself, meh. The Console Rundown was mildly funny, but they could have picked a different one, like the Mailbag Showdown, now that was hilarious, in my humble opinion. Perhaps this whole debacle is buildup for Mailbag Showdown part deux. Only time will tell.

Yahtzee RULEZ!

he should just have made a second movie over the past 2 weeks and posted that.

Mayby another mailbag showdown. Those are funny and easaly available when creativity fails.

BKCK2k3:

As for commenting on the content of the rerun itself, meh. The Console Rundown was mildly funny, but they could have picked a different one, like the Mailbag Showdown, now that was hilarious, in my humble opinion. Perhaps this whole debacle is buildup for Mailbag Showdown part deux. Only time will tell.

I was disappointed at first when the mailbag showdown appeared. "Hang about," thought I, "where is my usual dose of game-slating, mockery and general belly-laughedness at another hyped-beyond-belief game?" Yahtzee never fails to disappoint, though; that was the funniest response to hatred I've ever seen.

Alas, I doubt this whining will even reach his superhuman brain, for he will be far too busy ignoring us all to death.

Well, dang. I was looking forward to a new installment but you did pick one of my favorites next to "All the sexy violence". See you guys next week.

why didn't you you just post a message saying that you just couldn't show a new one? if i wanted to see this one again, i'd just go back about 2 pages.
still, it's funny as shit!

I honestly have to say that when I saw this video again, I thought the apocalypse was truly upon us.

First Yahtzee reviews RPGs (one of which being a JRPG), then a tornado nearly touches down in my city (which would've been the most exciting thing I've seen in my life had I not missed the last one by not being born yet), and now a re-post of a Zero Punctuation video?! I was about to shout out something along the lines of "LUCY YAHTZEE! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO!"... but then I notice the 256 comments at the bottom and I thought, "Well, if 256 people can still watch it and say they love it like some little puppet dancing on a string tied to Yahtzee's finger, then there's no point going against the crowd", in which I see you've explained your absence, and a damned good explanation at that.

So with nothing else to say, I should probably just say something "Can't wait for the next one!" or "You better win that fucking Webby award, or I will never forgive you or your fans!"

Yeah, that first one sounds better; let's use that one. Can't wait for the next one!

Well it never hurts to take a look back, and you have to admit that its nice taking a look at how far ZP has come, so to yahtzee congratulations, and to those who wont stop complaining, suck it up.

I thought this was going to be a second look at the consoles now that things have leveled out some. I was dissapointed by this.

Disappointing.
What? I'm just being honest.

Next time, please just tell us that you don't get around to making the video instead of reposting an old one. You did so earlier, why not this time?
I, too, thought it was another console rundown at first and was very disappointed. I have to admit that I only read the note after I started watching the episode and thought "why the hell does this seem so familiar?". Still, the note itself would've been sufficient and less confusing.

True enough, skip a week, better then reposting another vid >.>

oh well, this was one of the best episodes of zero punctuation out there, so i'm glad they chose this one as the re-run.

I dont care about nostalgic looks at how far we have come and how the videos have evolved. I watch every review again at least once a week, so this is just selling me what i would have bought anyway if they hadnt bothered. If anyone wants a nostalgic trip of Yahtzees increasingly excellent reviewing ability then just visit fullyramblomatic and watch his first 2 videos, or click the tiny 2 at the bottom of the page and watch this one anyway. Which btw is sharing the same bloody thread! They didnt bother doing anything in complete honesty, its 100% a copy and paste job.

I would have been happier, note that word, more happy than i am now, with an explaination in a quick blog update. Yes yes I referred to "I" because apparantly some genius' who stalk these forums squeezing there humongus brains through toothpaste tubes to find there car keys, appear to prefer a repost. I'd assume to general majority, with our inferior brains that dare have the sheer audacity to complain or have a say in a forum of open ideas, would prefer the nice write up. I'm sure the whole Escapist magazine hasnt gone, theres a couple of stray unloved, bereieved admins wandering the echoing corridors of the escapists office(s). Hell a Janitor even.

TO everyone here crying. Grow a fucking pair.

I'm sorry, but WHAT does Yahtzee or Escapistmagazine owe you? Perhaps I could understand why your all crying if you PAYED to view their content. Once a week Yahtzee releases a video which you all run over here to watch, mooching up the bandwidth and returning nothing. Just I'm 100% sure that everyone who bitches here doesn't click or follow up on the adds.

Quit crying, Yahtzee owes you NOTHING, I'm sure he won't be staying up tonight in a cold sweat over the fact a few people aren't happy with him.

PS.

@NezumiiroKitsune; Refer to said above words about growing pair. Your acting like the big bad Yahtzee came and took your ice cream.

As others have said, "Schrödinger's Console" is possibly the funniest thing Yahtzee's ever written. Absolutely classic line, that.

Time is money.

I want my money back.

Shame there was no new ZP this week. Its my 2 minute high-light of my week. Ah well, perhaps next week will turn better luck. :D

to all you people complaining they did this for no reason, you must be blind

"This week we're all (including Yahtzee) in New York to accept our Webby awards. We'll be back next week with a new Zero Punctuation, but for now, have another look at this encore presentation of one of our favorite episodes, Yahtzee's review of the console war. Cheers, and thanks again to everyone who voted for us."

love ya work Yahtzee

Next week we deserve something big, like MGS4. No retrogaming excuses, please.

The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything, but it does well to keep your customers happy, even if those customers only pay with there time.

So yes I'm upset, I'm over it now dont get me wrong the shock wore off after 6 hoursish. My post was aimed at people who feel a need to post to tell people not to post dissatisfactory remarks in the thread, however my post indeed was therfore doing the exact same thing but in reverse. Oxymoron :P. Anyway, we all have a right to complain, otherwise what the hell would democracy occomplish. I'm dissatisfied therin I complain, enough people complain, things change. Thats how things get done, in the future I hope the complaints, and the suggestions of, instead; just posting a blog update when they cant do a video, get the job done.

Akaricloud: You signed up, just tell people who express there dissatisfaction to "grow a pair". You thought that was so integral to your future and prospects in life, that you could justify signing up just to tell me that. We are all big overgrown babies in a the playpen of the internet (forum) flinging mud at each other. We all have this wonderful dellusion that we alone are right, and everyone else is a moron who should shut up. Unfortunatly this causes stupidity merely to grow and grow until were all calling each other good sir and writing long overly verbose responses to a remark that was barely worth commenting on the begin with. Oh how futile life has become :P I'm going to keep complaining thanks.

10 bucks that if they had just skipped, you would all be bitching just the same.

I must agree. Go the fuck up.

Boo. Want new jokes.

This has already been posted

the fine print in the front page says sorry for this repeat because Yahtzee and the team are accepting an award you have graciously voted for us to win. So quit complaining

NO IT'S NOT XD

MGS4 is out. And I have completed it. MEWHAHAHA

Yahtzee, man. Could you have sounded more depressed making that video?

Crap_haT:
NO IT'S NOT XD

MGS4 is out. And I have completed it. MEWHAHAHA

Why should I care? MGS4 will be awesome, but in any case, I don't care if you beat it... But did you enjoy it??

Also, why is everyone whining? They said that he's out and it was a rerun...

NezumiiroKitsune:
The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything, but it does well to keep your customers happy, even if those customers only pay with there time.

Um if you haven't noticed the Escapist is probably generating income from the ads and online store. You argument is firmly rooted in the Ass-like (Ass as in the animal, not the body part) mentality to commerce. The Escapist doesn't need to focus on entertaining YOU when its pretty clear that while a few disgruntled readers leave, more people will come to replace them. This is the internet, theres always somebody stumbling on to a website for the first time.

Also democracy isn't the right to complain, its the right to the illusion of contributing to society.

EDIT:

NezumiiroKitsune:
The Escapist need us more than we need them. Without us they dont exist. So no, they dont owe us anything,

WTF? If the don't exist without us than that would mean they owe us for paying attention, you've contradicted your first two sentences in the opening of the third.

mikespit1:
Excellent installment. More people need to watch this.

This was the ninth comment on the original thread for this video. This is quote made me laugh in retrospect, considering the general clusterf*** that Zero Punctuation has become.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here