Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

nice review, but why he doesnt wantto use the word otaku?

Is there any way to do that? Run Flash and other web-based video browsers on our consoles?

Good review. Although in my opinion, No more Heroes was to Killer 7 Like how you described Thousand Year Door to Super Paper Mario.

Everything that made Killer 7 great, was in No More Heroes, except a little less so.

Yahtzee! I want to have YOUR baby seals!

On a side note - none of the Escaptist videos are playing on my Firefox today. I had to dust off IE to watch this. Have the Olympic Torch protestors broken the interweb now?

Cybergangster:

On a side note - none of the Escaptist videos are playing on my Firefox today. I had to dust off IE to watch this. Have the Olympic Torch protestors broken the interweb now?

Nope, you've just become the new baggage handler for Heathrow 5. :)

Cybergangster:

Thats been happening to me for ages.

HalfShadow:
I thought you said you hated JRPGs.

So why do you like EarthBound?

Make up your mind.

He hates the 'usual' JRPG. If you've ever played Earthbound, I think you understand the difference.

I was disappointed there were no additional references to the boss battles, which are the best part of the game. I really wanted Yahtzee to tell us what he thought of a superhero who fires lasers from his crotch and the biggest psycho bitch ever that wears a pink and white dress, has drinking habits, and has a potty mouth that makes Sarah Silverman look conservative.

Its such a pointless game, promoting violence (as usual) but in a form that depicts killing as a way of forwarding your life. xD Normally, I like this shit but this just seems excessive.

Anyway, great video as usual from the legendary Yahtzee.

Another great review. I laughed again!

xAidanx:
Its such a pointless game, promoting violence (as usual) but in a form that depicts killing as a way of forwarding your life. xD Normally, I like this shit but this just seems excessive.

Anyway, great video as usual from the legendary Yahtzee.

Try postal 2. You will hate that game. It almost contrasts No more Heroes in this aspect.

Hahahaha i do love a nice, warm, thick sliced cynycism sandwich spread thickly with sarcastic marmite, there's nothing quite like it XD

My stomach, it aches in a good way.

Hahahaha i do love a nice, warm, thick sliced cynicism sandwich spread thickly with sarcastic marmite, there's nothing quite like it XD

My stomach, it aches in a good way.

Hmm.. Again, I was slightly dissapointed with the review. Sure, the humor is obviously there, I was just amazed that the review was *mostly* positive. No More Heros, to me, was kind of a dissapointing game. The gameplay wasn't anything revolutionary, just mashing the same buttons repetivively. When I saw that the review was No More Heros, I was expecting something a little more "scathing". Then again, I suppose that the interesting plot made up for it to a degree (a very small degree, but a degree none the less). Like what the review stated, there is nothing like No More Heros out there right now. Though I think it went a little over the top on the whole gore/sex thing. Oh, and the ending was definitly one of the most unique endings that I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

I digress.

Are the bosses as trippy as in Killer 7? Do they rival two bulletproof dead executives who attack by flinging their brains from their open skulls, a Japanese schoolgirl with a submachine gun moving at mach 3, The Fear with a giant afro attached with purple strings and a six winged angel?

For someone who liked Earthbound I'm surprised he forgot that Contact was the last Suda 51 release, not Killer 7.

I have a mild query.

........was that a Doom Patrol reference Yahtzee made about Killer 7, or was that an insane coincidence?

(Mr. Nobody? Riding a bike, technicolor adornments, destroying conformity, leaving vaguely confused glee in his wake?)

That quite literally was brilliant. Whenever I picked No More Heroes up I was like oh god more GTA. But the fact was it was so much fun that I kept playing it. Something quite gratifying about slicing through many enemies with a lightsaber customized to doomsday. And he does have a point the basic minigames were better than the main missions.

Indigo_Dingo:
Are the bosses as trippy as in Killer 7? Do they rival two bulletproof dead executives who attack by flinging their brains from their open skulls, a Japanese schoolgirl with a submachine gun moving at mach 3, The Fear with a giant afro attached with purple strings and a six winged angel?

I have to say, some of the No More Heroes bosses were the greatest in my 10 odd years of gaming.

Destroyman,anyone?

Killer 7 = so very very underrated, so the anti-Halo 3

Uszi:

ZakCanard:

Uszi:
My theory of a Smash review this week is hopelessly dashed to pieces.

And will probably remain that way until June at the earliest. Gawd bless Nintendo and their EU/Aus/NZ release dates.

EXHIBIT A:
http://www.australiangamer.com/feature/385/party_games.html
Dated March 30, 2008

... Though, that should pretty much sum it up for you, and make said ZP review unnecessary.

EXHIBIT B:(UNTIL IT IS MADE ILLEGAL)
http://www.gpstore.com.au/Games/1556150.html
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Wii-FreeLoader--US-Version__EF000593.aspx

w00t?

Nintendo's already released a patch so they don't work...

Squiglish:

Uszi:

ZakCanard:

Uszi:
My theory of a Smash review this week is hopelessly dashed to pieces.

And will probably remain that way until June at the earliest. Gawd bless Nintendo and their EU/Aus/NZ release dates.

EXHIBIT A:
http://www.australiangamer.com/feature/385/party_games.html
Dated March 30, 2008

... Though, that should pretty much sum it up for you, and make said ZP review unnecessary.

EXHIBIT B:(UNTIL IT IS MADE ILLEGAL)
http://www.gpstore.com.au/Games/1556150.html
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Wii-FreeLoader--US-Version__EF000593.aspx

w00t?

Like with Rock Band, I don't honestly feel that the blame can be heeped upon Nintendo. Like high pice, late importing is down to laziness on the part of the importer, who refuse to make a move until it is cheap. Course, I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem that Nintendo would hold out just to spite europe and Australia. Or maybe I'm just ignorant of the way video-games economics works.

For some reason, his voice sounded *really* different to me this time around, usually I find it consistent, but today really threw me off.

No more heroes is the best game ever. I've been hoping yahtzee would review it. THank you so much dude

Squiglish:

Balls.
Well, to me that seems to imply that Nintendo is partially to blame: Obviously, if it were totally out of their hands, then they wouldn't aggressively patch to block things like the Wii Freeloader.

Uszi:

Squiglish:

Balls.
Well, to me that seems to imply that Nintendo is partially to blame: Obviously, if it were totally out of their hands, then they wouldn't aggressively patch to block things like the Wii Freeloader.

Well, on one or two levels I can see why they would have to do this. As Manhunt was on the Wii, and its illegal most of the world over because most review boards are made up of pussys who still think McCarthy was completely correct, they would need to ban it in some countries, and to stop imported versions being played via the Wii Freeloader. Maybe Brawl just got stuck in the crossfire.

What was with the "I <3 Hitler" bit? I didn't get the joke and found it to be a bit offensive. :(

If I could find a jar of Branston pickle in my town, I'd spread it across my copy of NMH as soon as I got it.

Brill review, definately getting it when I have the money and I can find it.

meh. It wasnt that great. I do love pickles though, extra points for that.

fantastic as usual.

ive had this game since it came out, and i enjoyed it quite a bit.

certainly worth buying, if for no other reason, then to support a Wii game with a rating above F-For Fluffy.

I'd vote for your site, except that it looks like I'd need to sign up for yet another fucking web site account that I'll probably never use again. Just what I need... another pathetic "Web 2.0" circle jerk site spamming my Inbox with announcements and "special offers" even though I made sure to click the "don't fucking e-mail me, you stupid piece of shit" checkbox.

Somehow, I think that Yahtzee will understand.

LOL i have to admit man i love Killer 7 too loads of my friends said i was a dumbass for playing it but i loved how different it was and at the same time fun, same with no more heroes repetitive but nonetheless fun

Nice review.I am very happy to know there is a lot of people who likes Killer 7 and No More Heroes looks as good as Killer 7.

Sagecat:
What was with the "I <3 Hitler" bit? I didn't get the joke and found it to be a bit offensive. :(

He was using it to describe an awkward moment. If u were talking to someone wearing an "I love hitler" t-shirt, it feel a bit awkward.

love this mans reviews

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or